Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Grandmother of Five posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
What meltdown is that last one taken from?

Edit: oh word it’s just a few posts up from the image itself

Caufman
May 7, 2007

There is so much about this little world that still remains a mystery to me.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Henker posted:

There's a 100% chance that couple has this in their house.

AWarmBody posted:

Live Laugh Geek

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Its like if a wizard transformed Ernest Cline into wall art.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
At the risk of giving that awful thing more thought than it deserves, how is "have fun stormin' the castle" your go-to quote for The Princess Bride, and not "[we know that] death cannot stop true love."

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

At the risk of giving that awful thing more thought than it deserves, how is "have fun stormin' the castle" your go-to quote for The Princess Bride, and not "[we know that] death cannot stop true love."

in my times on these forums, "my name is inigo etc", the "inconceivable" exchange, and the whole "dread pirate roberts" confusion are the most quoted lines from that movie. i dont remember those two at all.

ive only seen the movie once, in my 20s, so you know im legit

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

"To blaaaaaathe."
"Mawwage"

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i think its adorable :3:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Powaqoatse posted:

in my times on these forums, "my name is inigo etc", the "inconceivable" exchange, and the whole "dread pirate roberts" confusion are the most quoted lines from that movie. i dont remember those two at all.

ive only seen the movie once, in my 20s, so you know im legit

Really? Not the rhyming bit too?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Fishstick posted:

Ah, the Puss and Boot

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Solice Kirsk posted:

"To blaaaaaathe."
"Mawwage"

Wuv, twoo wuv.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Toops posted:

I'm gonna go on the record here. I'm a loving bathroom genius. A urinal savant. If you pull up next to me, you bet your rear end I will start a conversation. I mean, it's fuckin' SPORT to me, only I'm the dream team and you're a rag-tag squad of hairy unathletic dads at the Y. My urinal game is like Jordan on a breakaway. poo poo's so elegant it makes the prima donna of the Russian ballet cry. I'll just fuckin' toss out a nugget of 24 karat small talk GOLD and even though you're dick-in-hand, you'll be absolutely loving POWERLESS against it. My conversational spell will draw you in like a cozy cabin in a snow storm. The instinctual fear as you realize I'm talking will be immediately washed away by how god drat witty, charming, and flat fuckin' APPROPRIATE my words are. You'll be so awash in a deep sense of relief as you ponder the depth and wisdom of my quip, and in that moment, when you are at your most vulnerable, I will sneak a peek.

That's right.

We know what we're holding, and we KNOW what you're holding.

Hell, if I feel like taking a victory lap, I'll even talk a guy down who's havin' a rough poop in the stall, let him know he's ok. Let him know he's among friends.

I am the master of the men's room. Pray you never meet me there.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Inescapable Duck posted:

TCC exists for a similar reason as the heads on pikes in front of an orc fortress, except people keep coming up to personally rip off their own heads to place them on the pikes.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Seriously, man. Have fun storming that castle. :glomp:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

apropos to nothing posted:

E! true hollywood behind the musics style voice over: it was 2009 and the posters of fyad were riding high off "balloon boy" fever
jon "docevil" hendren: it was crazy. balloon boy was a national sensation and of course everybody was talking about how they wanted to gently caress the balloon. if you had any interest in the balloon boy hysteria then you were posting in fyad, and if you were posting in fyad then you wanted to gently caress th eballoon. for a bunch of us it wasnt even sexual it was just wanting to be that clsoe to the spectacle and the limelight
*video freezes and goes black and whiote*
but the good times wouldnt last forever

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Powaqoatse posted:

im saying maybe "fighting words" dont have to be in person

Rufus Ping posted:

you wanna take this outside buddy

jeremiah johnson
Nov 3, 2007

Blind Rasputin posted:

I need help with something. I read here a month or so back that I needed a deer bone to polish my cordovan leather boots. I was at my family’s house over the week and they hunt a lot and had recently bagged a buck. They had been dressing it and letting it hang over the past few days before finally carving all the meat off. I asked for one of the rib bones thinking this would work fine and it’s a new one, and saved me about $30. At first, it definitely did shine up the boots and remove a lot of scuffs, especially in areas I worked a lot of time on. They are gorgeous now.

Is it normal though for the bone to cause a like meat smell to the boots? It is honestly foul. Like, I can barely wear them anywhere now without my girlfriend commenting. Especially inside a car with the heater on. It just smells like so foul. I don’t know if this is normal or not? But I am afraid I just can’t wear them anymore until I figure it out. I’ve stored them under the sink now because they ruined the clothes in my closet, which I fixed by rewashing them but still.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

bwahahahahahahaah :perfect:

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Deer...bone? What? I can’t imagine what he hosed up to get there.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Hulk Hogan meat boots.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

This isn't real right? A person didn't really rub a wet freshly slaughtered deer bone on boots to shine them right?

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Deer...bone? What? I can’t imagine what he hosed up to get there.

I didn't know this was a thing but I would assume you're supposed to not use a natty dirty bone to do it

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It's supposed to take out scuffs and help fix those wrinkles and creases you get in leather. Never done it myself, but the place I get my shoes done offers it as an extra charge.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Solice Kirsk posted:

This isn't real right? A person didn't really rub a wet freshly slaughtered deer bone on boots to shine them right?

Normally the deer bone is cleaned first and pretty dry except for "natural oils" (not sure what kind of bone oil this is), not wet and stinking of meat. That's why they cost $36 at the boot store instead of being yanked out of a hunter's kill all fresh and bloody for free.

You rub it on cordovan to smooth and condition the leather. It's a real thing, and Our Hero decided to cheap out and ended up with meat boots.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
Neat! That’s rather interesting

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

People have used rendered bone extracts as leather conditioners for centuries, recognizing that leather is naturally preserved by animal oils when it's on the animal, so probably pretty much anything greasy that comes out of the animal can do a similar job.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neatsfoot_oil

I hadn't seen this particular "rub a bone directly on the shoe" thing and doubt it's any more effective than just buying a bottle of neatsfoot oil (which has been rendered and filtered and purified) and applying it with a cloth, but the idea does make some sense. The bone probably has to be cleaned extremely well and maybe processed in some way so that you're only smearing on the fats, not the rotting deer guts.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Sagebrush posted:

People have used rendered bone extracts as leather conditioners for centuries, recognizing that leather is naturally preserved by animal oils when it's on the animal, so probably pretty much anything greasy that comes out of the animal can do a similar job.

i just rub my face on my shoes every morning

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Hulk Hogan meat boots.

Made in Venison Beach CA

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
I just rub my boner on my boots. It's plenty oily.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I also rub Rough Lobster's boner on my boots. Not so much for the oils, but for the bonding experience.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
goon love is the best love

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Trig Discipline posted:

goon love is the best love

Didn't that end in rape?

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
No, anal in a tent with an audience.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
That was gooncamp. Goon love did end in a rape or two.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Did it? That's depressing.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Solice Kirsk posted:

Did it? That's depressing.

If you think that's banned, the lady who was raped was banned for bringing it up.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i thought that was motorcycle dude

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The dude with one arm and a panther tattoo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Solice Kirsk posted:

The dude with one arm and a panther tattoo?

nah that was abunchofnumbers

some motorcycle dude roadtripping crashes (as in sleeps) at goonettes house and got inappropriate (to put it mildly)

goonette calls it out on the forums and all got banned.

cant remember the usernames involved in that one though.