Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

LightningSquid posted:

Who actually is the worst servant in FGO? Is it Phantom of the Opera? Also I'm really mad because I just looked at his wiki page and his 3rd ascension art is actually really good. If only he wasn't dogshit

Also add me to the No-Saber squad... Caesar come home

really arguable because in practice you can square peg just about any servant into the right round hole if you absolutely wanted to. Atm I'd probably argue one of the four of Boudica, Saber Giles, Sanson and Phantom.

Boudica has 1 completely garbage skill, one mediocre skill and an okay skill, along with a garbage NP and garbage damage. She's got decent HP for a 3 star, but that's about it.

Saber Giles is marginally better, because he has decent health and 3 skills that would probably work on different heroes. He also has a garbage attack stat and an buff NP that helps his damage at the cost of 50% extra damage to him, which all but ruins his decent HP pool.

Sanson is hilariously specialized to do one thing, kill human evil enemies. He's halfway decent at that, and completely worthless at everything else. This specialization combined with garbage NP gain, a mediocre attack stat hurt by the innate minus that assassins get to damage anyways, and a Buster NP means that he's basically never a more reasonable option than someone more generally useful.

Phantom just has garbage skills. 2 of his 3 skills basically combine into "charm 1 female enemy for one turn" and his actual charm has a 9 turn cooldown. He has marginally better NP gain and stats then Sanson, but he's also less good at his gimmick than Sanson is.

Sanson and Phantom would probably get less poo poo if Cursed Arm Hassan didn't have substantially better attack and 3 legitimately good skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Endorph posted:

I'd say Sanson is worse

:(

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

I'm glad Shiki is apparently OK.

I think I'm set for GUDAGUDA, sitting at 270/300 servants+gold XP cards including a completely full Second Archive. Should have enough Archer cards to get Nobu up to somewhere in the 50s. Only question now is whether the gacha rolls are kind or not.

As a note here about Shiki, it's the welfare 4* Assassin version that's really good. The limited, gacha only, 5* Saber version is pretty terrible, if possessed of excellent art.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Phantom has a niche in that he is currently the only waveclear Assassin.

Now if only he weren't mediocre at that too.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Captain Baal posted:

+Kara no kyokai is the god

Finally, you have redeemed yourself.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TheFlyingLlama posted:

Boudica has 1 completely garbage skill, one mediocre skill and an okay skill, along with a garbage NP and garbage damage. She's got decent HP for a 3 star, but that's about it.
Boudica's NP isn't that bad. It's a 20% defense buff for three turns and a 20% defense buff for one turn. Shielder's is a 30% defense buff for three turns and reduce damage received by 775 for three turns. The two are basically comparable. But Boudica has a guts skill. She's very capable of Cu-style solos, though Cu definitely has her beat in that regard and I definitely wouldn't recommend leveling her for that purpose, but if you like her a ton she isn't really completely useless.

Then again, the same can be said of Phantom and Sanson, too. Phantom, as mentioned, at least has a waveclear, and Sanson's niche is super tiny but there's exactly one event where he shines massively, especially for how low investment he is. So I'd say the worst servant is Saber Gilles, because he just does literally nothing and doesn't even have a gimmick.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Saber Gilles would be pretty useful if Saint War Order applied to the whole party, instead of just Gilles. Like it should.

SAINTO! WAAGH ORUDAAAAH

e: make Saint War Order a party-wide buff and do the same to Prelati's Encouragement and Gilles de Rais (Saber) is actually...good?

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Nov 5, 2017

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

how many more grails are we gonna get by the time rider kintoki arrives? i need to know if i'll have enough to also grail him to 100

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
I'm mad because I cursed myself into pulling Saber Gilles just now by asking about worst servants and then complaining about no Sabers

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Tsurupettan posted:

how many more grails are we gonna get by the time rider kintoki arrives? i need to know if i'll have enough to also grail him to 100

Including his own event, I believe two singularity grails and two from events (Might have overlooked an event though). So if you've been playing since launch you'd have the nine you need after his event.

e: and another singularity drops right after.

Motto fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Nov 5, 2017

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Tae posted:

I said "only other saber" because he is literally the only other saber besides Giles

Honestly you will get Caesar eventually so there's no need to build up someone way worse.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
The only use I had for Saber Gilles was during the Fate/Zero event bc he was one of the boost Servants.

Saber Shiki is lackluster compared to others in the class, but let me tell you that using her from my friend's support during the America chapter helped massively bc gently caress yeah, instant death on mobs, I am all about that

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"
Did someone way instant death on mobs?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Crasical posted:

Is there a good place to watch a Let's Play of Fate/Extra so that I can see more Tamomo/Nero/Liz shenanigans?

There's an anime adaptation starting soon, though so far Nero's the only one of those three confirmed to be in it.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Psiwri posted:

nito's hair is cute

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Psiwri posted:

I have her but I haven't been able to work on her yet.

Which is a shame cause she would have been useful in the 2016 Halloween rerun.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Kitfox88 posted:

nito's hair is cute
Nito's everything is cute.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Her sandals are ugly

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Pureauthor posted:

Her sandals are ugly
Those are platforms and you take that back.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Thank you, Caldera Island, for being willing to give me the last two horseshoes I needed to get Ushiwakamaru up to 60 in preparation for GUDAGUDA. Might be able to get her all the way up to 70 even if go hard into the Ember dailies.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I better get Okita with 240 quartz, otherwise its back to rerolling for me :ohdear:

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
there is a neat thing you can do with Saber Gilles if you have a Martha in that her second skill can completely clear the defense down and make his NP a no-downside buff. if you have him at NP5 it's a straight doubling of his damage for two turns, and if he had his third skill which is a buster steroid on top of him bafflingly having one of the highest ranks of Madness Enhancement, he has the capability in him to wreck face way above his usual weight class if you're good at timing crit generation (since his NP does throw a small pile of them at you too), and can get a buster chain soon after.

That potential is difficult to get to but it's there which is why I'd definitely rate him higher than, say, Caster Gilles or Meph, who really can't make any kind of meaningful impact no matter how hard you push them. I genuinely don't get those two, their debuffs are weak and their NPs are just okayish waveclears with mediocre aftereffects, like how are you supposed to get anything out of that

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Gyra_Solune posted:

there is a neat thing you can do with Saber Gilles if you have a Martha in that her second skill can completely clear the defense down and make his NP a no-downside buff. if you have him at NP5 it's a straight doubling of his damage for two turns, and if he had his third skill which is a buster steroid on top of him bafflingly having one of the highest ranks of Madness Enhancement, he has the capability in him to wreck face way above his usual weight class if you're good at timing crit generation (since his NP does throw a small pile of them at you too), and can get a buster chain soon after.

That potential is difficult to get to but it's there which is why I'd definitely rate him higher than, say, Caster Gilles or Meph, who really can't make any kind of meaningful impact no matter how hard you push them. I genuinely don't get those two, their debuffs are weak and their NPs are just okayish waveclears with mediocre aftereffects, like how are you supposed to get anything out of that

Problem with this is that is relies on a lot of setup, a lot of luck (better pull your buster cards after you NP or lol) and then Gilles still can't buster brave chain and still has laughable 6600 attack. I did the math once and I'm pretty sure even if he gets a BAB after he NPs the turn before he still does less damage then a NPBB from Fergus, which only takes one turn to set up instead of two and is far easier to get since you only have to hit 2/3 buster cards instead of getting a natural brave chain and then he still has that dumb 50% defense debuff that turns him into a Berserker for 3 turns. He's absolutely terrible and the worst servant in the game.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
So currently, the Servants with Innocent Monster in NA are Hans, Caster Eli, Mephisto and Phantom. Not exactly a good team, but with Hans around and all those crit stars flowing each turn, it not completely garbage either. For the fifth slot and the support, you can take actually good Servants as backup.

Gimmicky teams are fun.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Here is the rest of the welfare servants for 2016/2018, enjoy reading about how much I like Jeanne Santa and how I wrote the most ambivalent description of Chloe while trying not to let my disdain for her seep in

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Chloe/Kuro is gross and weird and a thing explicitly for certain members of the T-M fandom.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Jeanne Alter Santa Lily is incredibly useful for one thing: farming daily EXP and QP dungeons. If you have a Kaleidoscope you can slap one on her and have an instantly ready wave clear with her NP gain skill, and at NP5 with her buster buff she does about 30k damage, enough to wipe out any wave of exp hands that doesn't contain Sabers.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gologle posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Chloe/Kuro is gross and weird and a thing explicitly for certain members of the T-M fandom.
it sucks because there are actually some interesting ideas in her character and in prism ilya in general, and the idea of a goofy magical girl show staring ilya where everyone is alive and bazett punches things is great, but unfortunately, all of that is in prism ilya

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Gologle posted:

grats on cracking that case holmes

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Gologle posted:

I hate almost all of the loli designs. I wish they all had more clothing.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
A lot of the fashion designs in general suck, not just the loli's

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
The most offensive one is definitely Wu Zetian though.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
just wanted to pop in to say vive la france, and that gudaguda cant come soon enough so i can start stuffing grails into marie's face

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

The maintenance announcement says that the friend point summoned will by upgraded. What is that about?

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
I've legit used Jeanne, Jeanne Santa, and Jeanne Alter as a team and not just for memes. Santa has a pretty high attack stat compared to Cu. And with targetable heal and self-invul she's able to help keep Jalter up while having decent survivability herself. It's not the most ideal setup, but it works surprisingly well. Enough to beat some Archer challenge quests.

Trihugger fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Nov 6, 2017

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

BlazeEmblem posted:

The maintenance announcement says that the friend point summoned will by upgraded. What is that about?

It just says the lineup will be updated, so I assume that's referring to the 3* event CE getting added to the pool.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Kuro's design at least looks like something out of Pathfinder.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Yeah, not sure how I feel about the fact that a premier Offensive Arts servant for my Arts teams is gonna be Chloe of all people. Oh well, she's basically a better version of Emiya (who I'm already sorta hoping I get via Okita's banner) that works a lot better with my Arts focus since she has a ST Arts NP instead of AoE Buster.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

I mean, Kuro looks like an incredibly powerful Arts character, but it's not like there aren't others in the game already. The Prisma event is also nearly a year out, meaning there are other good Arts-based characters between then and now as well. By then you could have rolled Vlad, or Saber Lancelot, or Summer Arturia, or.. well, you get the picture (assuming you don't have Vlad already). It's not like there aren't multiple other options you might roll between now and then, if you really don't want to use her.

Hell, if you get really blessed before then you could just run Tamamo/Jeanne/* and just bulldoze your way through everything while never dying, just choosing whoever you want as your main attacker.

On a different note, after acquiring a smartphone last week I've finally gotten back into this game after being inactive for the last few months, and one thing I've done is update the friend code list as I've switched accounts (actually done shortly before they cut emulators, but I hadn't bothered to update), and moved my previous account into alt territory, in case people want to add me as i slowly bring my Servants up to par.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I don't care about Chloe as a character, but she's good to use bc of her arts based set.