Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Methanar posted:

Didn't really get a chance to properly auto until the fight with shyv. More poke with e and q was more important

Galaxybrain.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Well I just finished my classifying matches. I lost 9 out of 10 and ended up in Bronze I :geno:

Wish me luck in the trench.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
I cannot wait to play the Grimm Adventures of Zoe and Annie.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011
Thanks to Leona and Warwick, I am finally getting out of Bronze.

I feel like slightly less of a loser now.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yay

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
each night i find time to play league is an entertaining adventure

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

pog boyfriend posted:

from here on out nobody is allowed to talk poo poo about gappy. unless she ends up being overpowered as hell or something.

she looks leblanc-esque from the video so she'll probably be garbage and also banned 99% of the time

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Drone_Fragger posted:

Just play chogath, become literally unkillable and stand on your team so the enemies can't hit your ADC or midlaner because you take up the entire screen, and then eat their adc or midlaner for 800 damage.

edit: meanwhile never leave lane because every creep wave is, at minimum, a 120 hp heal.

hes banned every game

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Does anyone Bronze/Silver in this thread want free coaching from me, a lauded former JP Challenger tier player and Maokai support abuser? I kinda feel like helping some of the newer people not be bad

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Teikanmi posted:

Does anyone Bronze/Silver in this thread want free coaching from me, a lauded former JP Challenger tier player and Maokai support abuser? I kinda feel like helping some of the newer people not be bad

I'm a Silver Support, but I know what my problems are - it's when the loving top lane feeds, like every other player below Masters i'm perfect.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Whose idea was it to make Ignite and Smite's icons both a hand with a fire beam on it? Just picked ignite as a jungler by mistake.

They should just let you switch spells during the loading screen or the first 30 seconds of the game or something.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Elman posted:

Whose idea was it to make Ignite and Smite's icons both a hand with a fire beam on it? Just picked ignite as a jungler by mistake.

They should just let you switch spells during the loading screen or the first 30 seconds of the game or something.
In a roundabout way they're about to, actually. But only if you have that rune.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

VodeAndreas posted:

I'm a Silver Support, but I know what my problems are - it's when the loving top lane feeds, like every other player below Masters i'm perfect.

a lot of people think support is one of the easiest ways to climb to diamond, so if your excuse is "i am stuck in support because top lane feeds" that does not hold water.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Teikanmi posted:

You critiqued some of my ADC replays, but then I realized I was a better jungler and actually began to climb. Thanks for the help tho

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxtLed7RCvU

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

pog boyfriend posted:

a lot of people think support is one of the easiest ways to climb to diamond, so if your excuse is "i am stuck in support because top lane feeds" that does not hold water.

It was a joke.

By the way, how exactly do you counter rat pushing? Towers melt ridiculously fast in this game, it seems like basically any autoattack hero can destroy a tower in 10 seconds by the mid game, even base towers. With no tp scrolls to defend them if you're busy teamfighting and one of your enemies rat pushes and reaches your tower, it's going down.

So how exactly do you deal with it? The tp spell isn't really helpful since it has a 5 minute cooldown, next time they try it you won't be able to tp. And honestly your base towers can easily be destroyed in the ~12 seconds it takes you to tp back to base and walk to them.

Elman fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Nov 5, 2017

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
people are very mad at support players itt :(

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

I love Sion passive

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Elman posted:

It was a joke.

By the way, how exactly do you counter rat pushing? Towers melt ridiculously fast in this game, it seems like basically any autoattack hero can destroy a tower in 10 seconds by the mid game, even base towers. With no tp scrolls to defend them if you're busy teamfighting and one of your enemies rat pushes and reaches your tower, it's going down.

So how exactly do you deal with it? The tp spell isn't really helpful since it has a 5 minute cooldown, next time they try it you won't be able to tp. And honestly your base towers can easily be destroyed in the ~12 seconds it takes you to tp back to base and walk to them.

You place wards and gank the motherfucker split pushing whenever you see them, and if someone's just split pushing all game you set someone who can 1v1 them to go and keep them in check. Or you take the 5v4 fight and take a tower for every tower they've taken.

In reality, your team ignores the person splitpushing and faffs about sieging a mid lane tower while the split pusher takes your inhib.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Elman posted:

There's multiple options for dealing with splitpushes, and the "correct" one depends on the game state:
  • Send someone to defend against the splitpush. Generally speaking, most splitpushers are toplaners, so it's usually top's job to counteract splitpushes while holding on to the ability to join teamfights with TP. This only works if both toplaners are roughly equal in farm and in general power level. Certain toplaners like Fiora eventually become insane monsters that almost no one will be able to hold against, while others like Renekton are very strong early and gradually peter off.
  • Start a teamfight with a man advantage. If you can't send someone to stop the splitpush, you group as 5 in a lane and initiate a 5v4 teamfight. This requires you to have reasonable setup beforehand, however: you have to try and clear away wards behind your team to prevent TP flanks, or you have to engage when you know the splitpusher's TP is down (or when they don't have a TP or global/semi-global like Twisted Fate's ult), or you have to engage if you're absolutely certain you can get a pick that will near-instantly turn it into a 5v3 so that the numbers are still in your favor when the splitpusher arrives.
  • Rotate 1-2 to gank the splitpusher while the rest of your team holds a lane with waveclear. This will buy your team anywhere from 50 seconds to a minute and a half to get something done. Generally only works if you have a team with strong gank setup, since many splitpushers have good mobility or tankiness. This is probably the most dangerous option, because any team worth their salt will instantly rush Baron if it's up. You need to do this in concert with minion pressure in another lane (so that your team can threaten an inhibitor if they rush Baron) or else you'll just get owned.
In general, splitpushing is very powerful in low MMR solo queue, because few players have the macro chops and general coordination to see their options. This is why I almost always prefer to play champions with either engage or pick potential, since it's sometimes entirely up to you to get a fight going if you see that you have a man advantage and your base is getting pressured in.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Generally twitch is the main component of a teams teamfight so I'd recommend if you see him in a side lane to either collapse on him or take an objective as 5.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
wait until the twitch starts bitching at his teammates and solofarming the jungle

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Elman posted:

It was a joke.

you accept the fate of non base towers. so if you see an enemy trying to split t1 usually you can force another tower in a trade, or get dragon or something. since you have an advantage this is usually advantageous. you can also just send someone to stop them if you think you can draw both matchups(4v4 and 1v1) or better. alternatively you can collapse on the guy. the big thing though is to commit to something because if you dillydally then the guy just takes your poo poo for free

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Ganking a split pusher as a pair also usually has the bonus effect of tilting the gently caress out of the split pusher if it happens more than once.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

This is magical.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Push something else, Take dragon, rotate before the minion wave gets there.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

:perfect:

Also, now that Ardent has finally been toned down I can play Lethality MF again and it's Good. I'm a mediocre at best ADC, but man do I enjoy loving around with the shoot mans in normals

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

pog boyfriend posted:

Yeah it was mainly a joke :)

But there also isn't much I feel I can do as support when the other team has a 8/0 Darius/Riven/whatever at ~10-15min and our Top and JG are tilted off the map.

Fortunately most of my games haven't been like that and I finished the season with a 62% win rate on Rakan, coz he's amazing.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Herbotron posted:

I love Sion passive

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/187878980

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Elman posted:

Smite is bright yellow and ignite is red, and smite is a lightning bolt whereas ignite is a classical flame shape. The hands are in completely different poses. You have no one but yourself to blame.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Smite is bright yellow and ignite is red, and smite is a lightning bolt whereas ignite is a classical flame shape. The hands are in completely different poses. You have no one but yourself to blame.

Yeah of course, I was reading dumb crap online and not paying attention, I'll make sure to double-check my spells from now on. That said it'd be nice if there was some safety measure against that kind of thing since not having a Smite user in your team seems like a death sentence.

Elman fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Nov 6, 2017

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The safety measure is the 30 seconds you have after pick and ban to double check your runes and summoners. Also your teammates reminding you which I've needed before because I've zoned out after picking first.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

njsykora posted:

The safety measure is the 30 seconds you have after pick and ban to double check your runes and summoners. Also your teammates reminding you which I've needed before because I've zoned out after picking first.

Most teams are pretty good and will have someone calmly, and politely remind that you picked the wrong summoner :downs:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Rygar201 posted:

Most teams are pretty good and will have someone calmly, and politely remind that you picked the wrong summoner :downs:

Yeah they won't call you a loving retard jungler for not immediately changing to Smite because you were playing ADC last game and still have heal selected or anything.

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

Rygar201 posted:

League of Legends players are well know for this behavoir, and would never, ever, ever do something as petty as spam the chat window.

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

Teikanmi posted:

I would like to take you up on this, I have a weird rear end schedule and bounce in and out of playing. What's the best way to tell you my A/S/L or whatever you need?

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Well I’ll do the coaching on my Twitch channel so just add me on there, username is the same as here

Send me a message on there and let me know it’s you

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/featured/champion-reveal-zoe

her q damage is insane lol

Firebert fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Nov 6, 2017

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Work Friend Keven posted:

Uhhh, yeah.... I guess I go where I want to? Haha...

Wow, heading over here now.. Like to see Jax try and stop me

I walk around to whatever place I like, even my girlfriend Sivir's house

Expecting me to be dumb? I'm actually a scientist... and mad sarcastic

Hmmm.... walking through the river now. Just like how I please to. Yeaaaaah.

Hey Talon. Nice to see my fellow buddy from Noxious or whatever, Not that I care, because we're all evil.

"There are holes in reality. And... in donuts"
-Zoe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Elentor posted:

"There are holes in reality. And... in donuts"
-Zoe

This is all Anthony Burch's doing, isn't it? Christ, what's wrong with writing things that are funny instead of this tired Whedon poo poo?

Looks like you need to do an E -> Q setup to get that level of burst. Biggest restriction looks like a lack of strong waveclear unless Q does additional damage to minions or something. A lot of her strength will depend on the direction Spell Thief charges drop. Right now, it looks like she'll be strong at chasing and dogshit at disengaging.

• Locked thread