Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
“classical liberal” means whatever the idiotic right winger using it wants it to mean while sounding intellectual and metropolitan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm socially liberal, but fiscally conservative. :smuggo:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Frijolero posted:

I'm socially liberal, but fiscally conservative. :smuggo:
"I find slavery distasteful, but actually think it is Good"

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Taintrunner posted:

“classical liberal” means whatever the idiotic right winger using it wants it to mean while sounding intellectual and metropolitan

True, but it definitely does not mean "supports the New Deal".

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Calibanibal posted:

p sure classical liberal would be like locke or jefferson

rich white merchants should be in charge instead of kings

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

jesus christ these stunted morons think the dems lost because they didn’t believe hard enough, like a god drat children’s movie or some poo poo

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

jesus christ these stunted morons think the dems lost because they didn’t believe hard enough, like a god drat children’s movie or some poo poo

You'd have to a child-like mindset to ignore the whole pattern of bad dem critical failures

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

if you believe in hillary clap your hands!! (nobody claps because they're all clapping for jeb!)

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

the polar express, but only people who believe in hillary can hear the bell

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Squizzle posted:

someone remind me what daous war crimes are

im losing track of who did what to whom in what conflict

He was conscripted into the Lebanese military as a teenager or something.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Shear Modulus posted:

rich white merchants should be in charge instead of kings

this was the west's first mistake

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Well they are huge Harry Potter fans. Btw what here is everyone’s endgame when it comes to wanting this country changed.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

just a reminder of what the actually effective left wing party is saying and doing across the pond to cement a path to power

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Taintrunner posted:

just a reminder of what the actually effective left wing party is saying and doing across the pond to cement a path to power

i think u might want them to be the government before u decide they're effective tho???????

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
https://i.imgur.com/2jJLAYK.mp4

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

deadgoon posted:

i think u might want them to be the government before u decide they're effective tho???????

they hung the parliament and Theresa May’s on a roller coaster into hell thanks to her party of sex creeps and charlatans

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Taintrunner posted:

they hung the parliament and Theresa May’s on a roller coaster into hell thanks to her party of sex creeps and charlatans
while it may not matter to her base it matters to basically everyone the UK has been trading with and still wants to trade with but will soon can't, namely the EU

which is :perfect:

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Crowsbeak posted:

Well they are huge Harry Potter fans. Btw what here is everyone’s endgame when it comes to wanting this country changed.

Start a parallel world with parallel rules in which about 500 families maintain a near genetic grip on power through an elitist system of schooling which nearly guarantees placement in cushy positions of power upon graduation.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Taintrunner posted:

sure would be nice if dem’s could just get behind a message like this, like gently caress it’s already in english just steal his words

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/927244777539751936

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

sure would be nice if dem’s could just get behind a message like this, like gently caress it’s already in english just steal his words

the ones "in charge" are actually bootlickers and wish to own slaves :ssh:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

and if elected we will make sure that everyone has access to the same rules of debt forgiveness for entrepreneurs and business owners

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

the ones "in charge" are actually bootlickers and wish to own slaves :ssh:

https://twitter.com/joeliklein/status/927022969326587905

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

I thought this was Joel Stein so for a moment I assumed it was a joke.

It wasn't a joke.

I mean, even as a joke it wouldn't be funny, but again, Joel Stein.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/seth_hettena/status/927195119324872704

Jesus gently caress have these people got me so pissed.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Over Easy posted:

Start a parallel world with parallel rules in which about 500 families maintain a near genetic grip on power through an elitist system of schooling which nearly guarantees placement in cushy positions of power upon graduation.

I would increase military pay by about fifty percent for rank and file, along with making their pensions pay out twice as much. Also I would increase pay of Colonels and lower by about sixty percent and do the same with pensions. Then i would turn the va into a insurance program. Next I would nationalize our jet manufacturers. Fallowed by putting in place a buy in option for a federal healthcare plan. Then I would order a debt forgiveness program for college. Have administrators at colege investigated by irs till they agree to lower rates of tuition and have the owners of the companies face Biblical punishment for usery. Then I would allow the military to have a reserve made up of post highschoolers. Next I would have the federal government encourage worker control of factories under threat of outsourcing. Finally I would make it a crime against the nation to engage in electoral malfisense like say voter purges or gerrymandering making it a death sentence.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Crowsbeak posted:

I would increase military pay by about fifty percent for rank and file, along with making their pensions pay out twice as much. Also I would increase pay of Colonels and lower by about sixty percent and do the same with pensions. Then i would turn the va into a insurance program. Next I would nationalize our jet manufacturers. Fallowed by putting in place a buy in option for a federal healthcare plan. Then I would order a debt forgiveness program for college. Have administrators at colege investigated by irs till they agree to lower rates of tuition and have the owners of the companies face Biblical punishment for usery. Then I would allow the military to have a reserve made up of post highschoolers. Next I would have the federal government encourage worker control of factories under threat of outsourcing. Finally I would make it a crime against the nation to engage in electoral malfisense like say voter purges or gerrymandering making it a death sentence.

wtf why would you pursue some bizarre crusade against college administrators when the reason tuition is high is a lack of state support for universities and research in general??

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
ban college sports

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

logikv9 posted:

ban college sports

ban sports

it's a scam to make taxpayers pay to make billionaires richer

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
replace all college sports with wwe style professional wrestling

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Taintrunner posted:

but what about data center consolidation?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

the polar express, but only people who believe in hillary can hear the bell

lol

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Jazerus posted:

wtf why would you pursue some bizarre crusade against college administrators when the reason tuition is high is a lack of state support for universities and research in general??

Its been found that is not entirely true. Alot are sitting on growing endowments. Look up the recent Matt Taibbi article on College debt..

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/katearonoff/status/927251650431143936
https://twitter.com/katearonoff/status/927252385310834688

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

deadgoon posted:

Agreed but claiming that either Labour or the Tories did not win the election is heresy to their most ardent backers.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

abolish the current sports and establish athlete-owned sports teams competing in jointly owned leagues

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

but leave football dead imo

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

etalian posted:

but what about data center consolidation?

What does this refer to? I'm out of the loop, I think.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Crowsbeak posted:

my goal is world wide worker solidarity in the face of the environmental catastrophe snapping at our heels, but as far as the us goes i think its crimes are too great and it must be put out of its misery as a political entity. decolonize america, tia

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Absurd Alhazred posted:

That was the cuck Ossoffs only real plank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Certain bad dems mentioned data consolidation in one of their ads as hot button issue for voters.

• Locked thread