Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Mulaney Power Move posted:

trump would never fund a sanctuary district

He's gonna build sanctuary districts and the poors are gonna pay for them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

counterfeitsaint posted:

He's gonna build sanctuary districts and the poors are gonna pay for them!

He was only elected in the first place because of Dominion interference. The no-bid sanctuary district construction contracts will be handed over to their Breen cronies. How else to guarantee they are completely inhospitable to humanoid life?

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

https://twitter.com/realGulDukat/status/925156778375041025

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Mulaney Power Move posted:

trump would never fund a sanctuary district

lol they weren't funded tho, were they? poor and homeless people were literally just locked inside "escape from san fransisco" starring big ben jammin' sisko as gabriel "snake" "plissken" bell and some dork in a lovely hat as the duke of new yorklovely hat (also known as A #1???)

I mean they got meal cards but who knows if the government was actually providing the food

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
i bet their families outside the sanctuary districts had to load currency on the cards, which could only be spent at vending machines owned by the brother in law of the reanimated corpse of joe arpaio

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Gatekeeper posted:

I mean they got meal cards but who knows if the government was actually providing the food

Someone was providing the food though, they weren't actually being starved to death concentration camp style. It's a low bar but still.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Cool throwback about these transporter malfunctions almost makes up for tosk. instead of letting Dr tend to some hunted animals ... malfunction combines the DNA of joe arpaio with the genetic material that makes All of bodily sporting purpose. ifs that was. like to.end mske bt eatingand whoah gently caress my mind is busted like ya mama's face for being a Beast

edit' omfg fuckity gently caress I keep dozing off and writing trailed off jibberish here and there hahaha and every time I wake back up and save it it makes even less sense. igh, gently caress this terrible nerd monstrousity and me being too sleep deprived to say "hey so eleven was just GONE?" in my patented passive aggressive snapeledore style for crushing the hopes of my potterbuds.

quit fucken with me , you poo poo brained mindhole and the poor narcoticocksmoker. make legible sentences in this good rear end thread, don't be a powerful of poo poo gate. now I wanna watch Rik mayall and ade edmundson be gross and hit balls (american for the English knackers) because I'm literally sick and a bad person and. You all think i'm gonna spend Feb crying over all things black in my Who? like you, racist dogdork? gently caress it all, I'm watching bottom and pretending Eddie Hitler is the captain because he's cooler than malfoys PTSDeatheater captain where he legit wants to.boil up and eat those filthy low class wizarding weasel kids, ron, double brothers, sneaky Pete, gingie, James Tiberius, monstermash, zoomacrooom, even catface meowmerz their deformed cousin from Kentucky, England. and prob save Harry as a stuffed figure contain a loving Fleshlight because obvious this guy is a loving horrible monster who has made children worse than all that potential eva Braun pretended to swallow but really just spit into the sheets when Hitler was busy apologizing to his mom for cumming.

someone probbb me for a few hours so I stop this insanity pls :(

Gatekeeper fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Nov 5, 2017

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

doverhog posted:

Someone was providing the food though, they weren't actually being starved to death concentration camp style. It's a low bar but still.

charity is a possibility right? one time when I has a psychotic break I ran away and lived on the streets in the Bowery because I thought that's what cool people do and thanks to some.mission there i honestly ate better than I did whilst working and doing my own shopping and cooking the previous three or four years. heck, they gave us sushi was that like technically a teeeeeesy smidge too old to be sold at whatever local storez but still tasted really good and was donated constantly. yet no one trusted it so I always got extras and ate more sushi than I could have ever afforded in the preceding ten or fifteen years.

maybe trump steaks might.make a comeback?

really i just want homeless old sushi again :(
Gonna get back in hard drugs, good way to get food somehow. Some nice friend always hooks it up phx style with cheap Mexican food, and j guess sushi and sashimi is Bowery mission s bread and butter (although I don't think we ever got bread and butter)

Gatekeeper fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Nov 5, 2017

Vlonald Prump
Aug 28, 2011

Here in America, you grab them by pussy. In old country, pussy grab you!!
Buglord

Gatekeeper posted:

Gonna get back in hard drugs,
sounds like you've got that covered

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Vlonald Prump posted:

sounds like you've got that covered

this is me sober but not really taking my meds on schedule and I'm probably in need of another three to six rounds of electro convulsive treatment then I'll stop sleep-posting and writing klingon gently caress etc insanity and thinking it's perfectly normal.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Gatekeeper posted:

and writing klingon gently caress etc insanity and thinking it's perfectly normal.
Normal for this thread friend.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

shadow puppet of a posted:

Normal for this thread friend.

tell me, shadow puppet of a: isn't it possible????

revolther
May 27, 2008

Gatekeeper posted:

lol they weren't funded tho, were they? poor and homeless people were literally just locked inside "escape from san fransisco" starring big ben jammin' sisko as gabriel "snake" "plissken" bell and some dork in a lovely hat as the duke of new yorklovely hat (also known as A #1???)

It was essentially a modern day for profit prison. A poo poo ton of companies bid on the contracts to provide the food/services, larger prison company nickels and dimes every meal and expense provided, everybody gets rich and that private prison company ended homelessness/unemployment for an entire state for only X billion like heroes.

In the trek one though they could charge companies a finders fee for anyone they actually found employment, oh wait prisons do that too.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
What are those electric plate things they put on top of borg alcoves called?

IRL, not in the show.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Lumin Disk

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I am caught up and actually... enjoyed the last ep. It managed to blend a payoff of captain darkman's edgelord excess blowing up on him wrath of mudd style with some classic tng style time loop horse poo poo that didn't take itself too seriously.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Huh. These seemed a lot cooler in the 90s.

naem
May 29, 2011

everything seemed cooler in the 90's :(

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Gatekeeper posted:

Cool throwback about these transporter malfunctions almost makes up for tosk. instead of letting Dr tend to some hunted animals ... malfunction combines the DNA of joe arpaio with the genetic material that makes All of bodily sporting purpose. ifs that was. like to.end mske bt eatingand whoah gently caress my mind is busted like ya mama's face for being a Beast

edit' omfg fuckity gently caress I keep dozing off and writing trailed off jibberish here and there hahaha and every time I wake back up and save it it makes even less sense. igh, gently caress this terrible nerd monstrousity and me being too sleep deprived to say "hey so eleven was just GONE?" in my patented passive aggressive snapeledore style for crushing the hopes of my potterbuds.

quit fucken with me , you poo poo brained mindhole and the poor narcoticocksmoker. make legible sentences in this good rear end thread, don't be a powerful of poo poo gate. now I wanna watch Rik mayall and ade edmundson be gross and hit balls (american for the English knackers) because I'm literally sick and a bad person and. You all think i'm gonna spend Feb crying over all things black in my Who? like you, racist dogdork? gently caress it all, I'm watching bottom and pretending Eddie Hitler is the captain because he's cooler than malfoys PTSDeatheater captain where he legit wants to.boil up and eat those filthy low class wizarding weasel kids, ron, double brothers, sneaky Pete, gingie, James Tiberius, monstermash, zoomacrooom, even catface meowmerz their deformed cousin from Kentucky, England. and prob save Harry as a stuffed figure contain a loving Fleshlight because obvious this guy is a loving horrible monster who has made children worse than all that potential eva Braun pretended to swallow but really just spit into the sheets when Hitler was busy apologizing to his mom for cumming.

someone probbb me for a few hours so I stop this insanity pls :(

quoting just to prove i ready did write this last night in a drug free black out. Jfc it's indecipherable: "You all think i'm gonna spend Feb crying over all things black in my Who? like you, racist dogdork? gently caress it all, I'm watching bottom and pretending Eddie Hitler is the captain because he's cooler than malfoys PTSDeatheater captain" I hate when my brain gets like this :(

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I mean, that part made perfect sense. Bottom is good watching.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Agreed, the only evidence of being high is omitting his middle name "Elizabeth"

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Is airplane 2 star trek canon?

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Gatekeeper posted:

quoting just to prove i ready did write this last night in a drug free black out. Jfc it's indecipherable: "You all think i'm gonna spend Feb crying over all things black in my Who? like you, racist dogdork? gently caress it all, I'm watching bottom and pretending Eddie Hitler is the captain because he's cooler than malfoys PTSDeatheater captain" I hate when my brain gets like this :(

I'm sorry for your braintroubles

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

basic hitler posted:

Is airplane 2 star trek canon?

For the last time, yes.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I have selective amnesia of airplane 2 so check in this time next year when i ask again.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv3eYhn57mA

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

naem posted:

everything seemed cooler in the 90's :(

We live in a post-cool society. :(

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

cheesus crust, there's an airplane 2?

i only first saw airplane a client of weeks ago after a dream where some.dickhatter said "yo gk you never even fuckin saw airplane did you? and i got super j dignant. until i realized I'd never scene it and promptly watched it after somehow wasn't disappointed

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

it's a sequel that plays it so safe, it's nearly an identical movie, but there are some good bits i'd say watch it.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
airplane 2 has shatner playing a stressed out moon base commander. its good.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1WemnsB98o

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Today's episode of discovery was . . . good? The away team visits a strange new world and meets a new civilization. It was the most Star Trek-ish episode so far.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Facebook Aunt posted:

Today's episode of discovery was . . . good? The away team visits a strange new world and meets a new civilization. It was the most Star Trek-ish episode so far.

How many minutes of mush-mouth Klingons are we going to have to endure since we've been spared them for a few episodes?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Blistex posted:

How many minutes of mush-mouth Klingons are we going to have to endure since we've been spared them for a few episodes?

We got way too drat much in tonight's episode.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

counterfeitsaint posted:

We got way too drat much in tonight's episode.

Uggggggh! I'm guessing the entire season has been filmed long before they could have gotten any fan feedback about the Klingons speaking. Maybe the next season. . . if there is a next season, our ears will be spared.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

I could do without the Klingons' long dumb fingernails.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Blistex posted:

Uggggggh! I'm guessing the entire season has been filmed long before they could have gotten any fan feedback about the Klingons speaking. Maybe the next season. . . if there is a next season, our ears will be spared.

Most Treks have retooled their aliens when certain characteristics haven't worked out, will be interesting to see if Discovery will follow suit or insist on its choices.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

the hunt for red october was a critical and commercial success that trusted the audience to understand having the actors portraying russians speak english was a diegetic choice to make the film more watchable to its intended audience.

there is no need to have ten minute scenes of actors in seven pounds of latex appliances glotally hocking out a made up space language with subtitles. it's ineligant and imo pretentious.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i could never get into star trek earlier than std because every time aliens spoke english it took me right out of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Terrible episode.

Terrible show.

I hope none of these people get a single cash-trashbag off the convention circuit.