Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Who What Now posted:

Six bucks for probably a tiny ice cream cone? gently caress that.

You say that now, but what if I told you that it would turn your poop bright green?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Solice Kirsk posted:

You say that now, but what if I told you that it would turn your poop bright green?

Sign me up.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Don't order the bangers and mash.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

I audibly gasped. What the gently caress.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

That's the wurst.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Portable hot dog, you can just boil it right in the condom. Smart.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I am both intrigued and alarmed.

Do I even want to know what that white streak in the ketchup is?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Haifisch posted:

I am both intrigued and alarmed.

Do I even want to know what that white streak in the ketchup is?

Some people put mayonnaise on hot dogs.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

it's really just the condiments that make it unpleasant

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Snoo posted:

it's really just the condiments that make it unpleasant

That's what she said

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It's still funny. :allears:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

My reaction, basically.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

what

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

Getting that good zit popping feel: slightly queasy but satisfied

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I felt a weird twinge like sympathetic labor pains.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Ever sit down to change your tampon and it's more than ready to go?

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Step 1: Remove the skin of a baby dolphin

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

Hattie Masters posted:

So, a little while back I made a post about a strange Taco van in my area. I did not post a trip report because I hadn't had it.

Then I had it, ate it, and uploaded the photos.

This was the simple, unassuming package that was delivered to me. I had ordered several others for friends but this one was mine.
I obviously went for the Chicken Nugget one because how the gently caress could I not.

This is what it looked like. Now, I may be just some Englishman, with a large ocean between me and one of the nations supposedly involved in this product, and a small channel between the other, but that looks like precisely zero tacos I have ever seen before. General consensus was that it was a strange burrito. Those with more knowledge may inform me otherwise tho', for all I know this is a standard of French-Mexican cuisine.

Be warned, from hereon are pictures of the inside of the "Taco" and they aren't pretty. Not super gross but still.

Yup. That definitely is a chicken nugget in there. It's been a lil' while since I ate it but I think I can see a Jalapeno in there too. But the weirdest thing?

There were French Fries in it. Just kinda chilling in there. Didn't add a whole lot to the thing.

Overall verdict? Not exactly fine dining but if I was shitfaced and nearby, I would not turn my nose up at this strange effort in street food. It tasted better than I was expecting, but then again that wasn't hard.

Sorry if this wasn't up to the standards of Trip Reports, long time reader and all that.

Hattie Masters posted:

They claim to be Mexican-French cuisine. The Tacos are said, on the van but not on JustEat, to be French-Style Tacos. I believe this to be absolute bullshit.

A few pages old, but I may offer some explanation.
For some reason, here in France, "Tacos" may refer to a burrito-style abomination filled with some kind of meat+vegetables+condiment+fries wrapped in a burrito. Basically a "mexican" take on the donner kebab in pita bread formula.
Why does it not refer to the mexican tacos you all know in the other side of the atlantic I have no idea, but if you ever try to order or find "tacos" here, be warned you won't get what you want unless you go to a real mexican restaurant.
The most probable offender you'll find instead is "O'Tacos", a food chain that seems to specialize in that weird sandwich, see the related google image search
Why would this recette export overseas ? No idea. None at all.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Wa11y posted:

Challenge...accepted?

Okay, so I forgot the part where you're supposed to hold it together with toothpicks. But I didn't cut it all the way through at the bottom, put a lot more slices through it, and used some thin sliced mozzarella. I made pizza sauce from a can of tomato sauce and spices, including garlic, poured some of that over the top, and put some pineapple slices on it. Placed it in my pre-warmed cast iron pan, put it in the oven as directed. When it was done, I poured some more pizza sauce over it, then sprinkled some parmesan cheese over it (real parmesan, not the dry powder crap) and put it back under the broiler for 2 minutes. Put a spoonful of the pizza sauce on the plate, then put the loaf on top.

My 4 year old devoured it, my 7 year old who loves "Hawaiian" pizza ate it all up, too. My wife said the sauce was excellent, and she's thinking next time we should put the Spam on its side so it doesn't fall apart so bad, and maybe throw some sauteed mushrooms on top. I prefer my Spam well done, so I thought it was a bit under cooked in the middle of the loaf, but what do you expect for a loaf of pre-cooked meat from a can?

3 1/2 out of 5 stars, I guess? Not terrible, will probably make it again.

Might need to see how it can be adapted to a dutch oven over a campfire.

Edit: VV It'll look worse tomorrow morning. Want pics?

I'm proud and pleased to have contributed in a small way to this wonderful creation.

I wish the SPAM corporation would sponsor a big sports/entertainment venue because then they could call it a Spamphitheatre.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

This is way more of a personal AFP but

Goddamn do I hate watermelon, but I can't stop laughing at "gently caress it, just throw some ice cream on top of a huge melon chunk, who cares"

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
It looks like the middle is scooped out and filled with ice cream/froyo, which is actually kinda cute.

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!
If thats watermelon flavored froyo, absolutely would.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

This is haunting :stare:

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

This is way more of a personal AFP but

Goddamn do I hate watermelon, but I can't stop laughing at "gently caress it, just throw some ice cream on top of a huge melon chunk, who cares"

If it's as you say, then LOL and would. If it's more like they filled it with frogurt, then awww and would.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

But what a nightmare it would be to watch someone eat it.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
It is, indeed, a watermelon slice filled with watermelon ice cream, which sounds hella good. The corn version, however:

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Magic Hate Ball posted:

It is, indeed, a watermelon slice filled with watermelon ice cream, which sounds hella good. The corn version, however:

Oh gently caress my sloppy dickhole please dear sweet baby Jesus let me eat this motherfucker before I die okay

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Magic Hate Ball posted:

he melts and runs between his own kernels

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Oh gently caress my sloppy dickhole please dear sweet baby Jesus

:yum:

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Ever sit down to change your tampon and it's more than ready to go?

:captainpop:

:five:

I've never laughed so hard at a single thread page.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Goddamnit why do so many things I want to try end up Japan-only or so ridiculously limited that they might as well be? :qq:

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva
Aldi in The Netherlands has some new AFP on offer.

At least it's just bread dough they're using and not pastry dough. For reference, a frikandel is kind of comparable to a hot dog(also made of meat of dubious origin) and the sauce they're using is curry ketchup, basically a spicy version of ketchup.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
I'm partial to TIP: WARM NOG EVEN OP IN DE OVEN

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

okay sure whatever just shovel it in

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Smoke posted:

Aldi in The Netherlands has some new AFP on offer.

At least it's just bread dough they're using and not pastry dough. For reference, a frikandel is kind of comparable to a hot dog(also made of meat of dubious origin) and the sauce they're using is curry ketchup, basically a spicy version of ketchup.

would holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

learning about frikandels, they're just fried meat tubes!

why is the middle one moist