Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Ironically one of the main reasons some of my clients have segregated their assets into so many different legal entities is to prevent any one of their idiot children from squandering it all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
New York Times just dropped a huge story finding a significant Russia connection to current Trump administration.

Commerce Secretary’s Offshore Ties to Putin ‘Cronies’
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/05/world/wilbur-ross-russia.html

modedit: fixed your link

Somebody fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Nov 5, 2017

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

does trump not sell bumper stickers or are people not putting them on their cars because I haven't actually seen any actual red hats in the flesh in months. I mean I've met trump supporters but no one wearing any visible signs of it.

cowboy elvis posted:

New York Times just dropped a huge story finding a significant Russia connection to current Trump administration.

Commerce Secretary’s Offshore Ties to Putin ‘Cronies’
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/05/world/wilbur-ross-russia.htmlhttps://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/05/world/wilbur-ross-russia.html

page not found

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

It looks like they jumped the embargo. NBCNews may have gotten the scoop and is reporting it first:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/leaked-documents-show-commerce-secretary-concealed-ties-putin-cronies-n817711

quote:

Wilbur Ross, the commerce secretary in the Trump administration, shares business interests with Vladimir Putin’s immediate family, and he failed to clearly disclose those interests when he was being confirmed for his cabinet position.

Ross — a billionaire industrialist — retains an interest in a shipping company, Navigator Holdings, that was partially owned by his former investment company. One of Navigator’s most important business relationships is with a Russian energy firm controlled, in turn, by Putin’s son-in-law and other members of the Russian president’s inner circle.

e: Originally came here to post that it looks like Flynn is going to be the next one to go down:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/mueller-has-enough-evidence-bring-charges-flynn-investigation-n817666

quote:

WASHINGTON — Federal investigators have gathered enough evidence to bring charges in their investigation of President Donald Trump's former national security adviser and his son as part of the probe into Russia's intervention in the 2016 election, according to multiple sources familiar with the investigation.

Michael T. Flynn, who was fired after just 24 days on the job, was one of the first Trump associates to come under scrutiny in the federal probe now led by Special Counsel Robert Mueller into possible collusion between Moscow and the Trump campaign.

Mueller is applying renewed pressure on Flynn following his indictment of Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort, three sources familiar with the investigation told NBC News.

The investigators are speaking to multiple witnesses in coming days to gain more information surrounding Flynn's lobbying work, including whether he laundered money or lied to federal agents about his overseas contacts, according to three sources familiar with the investigation.

psydude fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Nov 5, 2017

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
He just double-pasted the link in haste. Working link.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

does trump not sell bumper stickers or are people not putting them on their cars because I haven't actually seen any actual red hats in the flesh in months. I mean I've met trump supporters but no one wearing any visible signs of it.

page not found

That’s because fascist antifa target them for their beliefs!!!!

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Ok so the question I have is how exactly did Trump arrive to pick all of these guys with ties to Russia? Either he has the absolute worst judgment, or something else motivated the hirings.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

That’s because fascist antifa target them for their beliefs!!!!

I want the Wolfenstein quote with the two Nazis ahgast that terrorists hate them just for their beliefs and then talk about getting the same death camp assignment enshrined forever somewhere.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

cowboy elvis posted:

Ok so the question I have is how exactly did Trump arrive to pick all of these guys with ties to Russia? Either he has the absolute worst judgment, or something else motivated the hirings.

He’s an impressionable piece of poo poo who just wants power and glory without any work involved and once one Russian stooge got close to him they were able to influence the hiring of a bunch of other Russian stooges.

My theory at least.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Yea I was thinking along the same lines. The wrong people kept feeding him names, he saw what he liked in these people, and sure enough, they’re all connected in some fashion to Russian money.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

cowboy elvis posted:

Popaduwap was pretty clear. He went to the campaign saying he knew some Russian dudes. They were all "Welcome aboard 29 year old pup"

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

cowboy elvis posted:

Russia is the ultimate place for corrupt ultra-rich capitalists to make towering stacks of cash through shady business deals. Since that's Trump's MO he's obviously going to know and be friends with lots of people doing the same thing and since he doesn't pick people based on their experience in governing or anything of the sort we ended up with a government packed with Trump's shady friends and business partners.

Frankly it'd be much more surprising if they didn't have ties to Russia.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Jesus, this just keeps going. We're a dead hooker away from a gritty miniseries on Showtime.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Wasn't the speculation that Trump was bankrupt (personally not just a shell game with LLCs to gently caress over other people) and Russian oligarchs started shoveling money up his rear end for years since no western banks would touch him with an investor's ten foot pole?

Always made sense to me that Trump was a self-made millionaire that had a tiny boost from daddy's billions.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

bird food bathtub posted:

Wasn't the speculation that Trump was bankrupt (personally not just a shell game with LLCs to gently caress over other people) and Russian oligarchs started shoveling money up his rear end for years since no western banks would touch him with an investor's ten foot pole?

Always made sense to me that Trump was a self-made millionaire that had a tiny boost from daddy's billions.

Current estimates are he lost more than he would've made had he just sat on his money. The guy is notorious for failed businesses, its not unusual to believe he owes the Russians cash, especially as the Russian State Bank is now largely a Russian Mob/KGB project.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Nov 5, 2017

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

bird food bathtub posted:

I thought there was fairly strong evidence for that actually

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

page not found

All the maga warriors I'm blessed to be in contact with scraped them off after Bannon got fired because The Swamp won.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Church shooting, south Texas.

https://twitter.com/JesseRodriguez/status/927247565577441280

https://twitter.com/MaxMasseyTV/status/927244514103889921

https://www.ksat.com/news/shooting-sutherland-springs-church-gunfire-mass-shooting-airlife

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Nov 5, 2017

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

KildarX posted:

I want the Wolfenstein quote with the two Nazis ahgast that terrorists hate them just for their beliefs and then talk about getting the same death camp assignment enshrined forever somewhere.

I got ya

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=antmMPqYuw8

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Nytimes dropping some bomb rear end stories today.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

has FNC had anything on the Saudi situation yet? The website is still just rehosting an AP story

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

shame on an IGA posted:

has FNC had anything on the Saudi situation yet? The website is still just rehosting an AP story

The Pi dude
Oct 19, 2013
Buglord

gently caress, at least 27 dead. This Kingsman viral marketing is getting out of hand.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Everyone chill the gently caress out, your favorite SuperSleuth is on the case

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/927265906086031363

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Everyone chill the gently caress out, your favorite SuperSleuth is on the case

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/927265906086031363

I like that you can identify the race of the shooter by the Trump response.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

Saudi plane crash

haha holy poo poo they're really cleaning house

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I don’t think there’s a :thunk: big enough for this “accident”

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Proud Christian Mom posted:

haha holy poo poo they're really cleaning house

Jesus this is about as unsubtle as possible

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
The Saudi's succession problems meant something was coming but I thought they'd just exile some dudes and not go full 'Night of Long Knives'

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Jesus this is about as unsubtle as possible

Saudi princes going back to the plane crash well yet again

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Facebook popped a reminder that I shared this 5 years ago

http://www.theonion.com/articles/obama-help-us-destroy-jesus-and-start-a-new-age-of,29478/

Remember when the onion was fun and ridiculous? :smith:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

Facebook popped a reminder that I shared this 5 years ago

http://www.theonion.com/articles/obama-help-us-destroy-jesus-and-start-a-new-age-of,29478/

Remember when the onion was fun and ridiculous? :smith:

No

The Pi dude
Oct 19, 2013
Buglord
Still one of the best updates.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

shame on an IGA posted:

Jinping Stalin playbook

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

E Depois do Adeus posted:

Trump is coming to Vietnam. If you thought that samurai warrior comment was bad, just wait, there's more to come.

Hopefully he's less harmful than the last orange thing from America

I appreciate this

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

page not found

I went to the zoo because they had a special Halloween event and I saw someone with a MAGA shirt and I couldn’t tell if it was a costume or not.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
Apparently the Ritz Carlton is being used to corral any loose princes during the KSA cracksown. A few major investors in US tech firms are among the imprisoned. Marriott is refusing to comment but the entire hotel is blacked out through december w crazy security popping up.

The Pi dude
Oct 19, 2013
Buglord

Soulex posted:

I went to the zoo because they had a special Halloween event and I saw someone with a MAGA shirt and I couldn’t tell if it was a costume or not.

Which side of the glass were they on?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Immanentized posted:

Apparently the Ritz Carlton is being used to corral any loose princes during the KSA cracksown. A few major investors in US tech firms are among the imprisoned. Marriott is refusing to comment but the entire hotel is blacked out through december w crazy security popping up.

Saudi Arabia runs some crazy liquidation sales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I knew the former security manager for Marriott in KSA. His stories about shithead princes were pretty legendary.

I’ll bet he’s glad beyond all measure that he’s not still working in Riyadh anymore.

• Locked thread