Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

BGrifter posted:

Will there be an Onion motes XP dungeon in the upcoming crazy FF3 event with OK USB1+2? I'm trying to prioritize what to farm now that I've finished all the mythril and only have six hours left.
I think that's the event where they just gave up and stuck 12 Onion Motes in the Gyshal shop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

pichupal posted:

I think that's the event where they just gave up and stuck 12 Onion Motes in the Gyshal shop.

Perfect. I have enough to unlock two skills so I can get his 5* support right now, and I don't have any of his relics yet. I'll definitely budget a couple pulls on his USB banner though. Still have a ton of accessories to farm so I think I'll focus on that instead.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

KataraniSword posted:

As an unrelated beef, can we please get a consensus on what this loving Wall Upgrade is called? I've seen "Aegis", I've seen "Godwall", I've seen "Warding", and now I've seen "Shrine".

I vote for Aegis.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Wallaga :smuggo:

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

pichupal posted:

As I recall the specific "event" where they put those in the shop was the retirement of the old Mote Dungeons and the release of the revamped ones. Mostly because that meant the Ahriman Mote wouldn't be available anymore to potentially farm them off of.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I've at least completed all of the renewal dungeons except for gil caves/exp dungeons. Maybe a dozen unmastered, probably not going to bother with them. It's good to be free.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Everything mastered in the renewal dungeons except two 220s that are a huge pain in the rear end (Chadarnook and Seymour Omnis). Can't even clear those :(

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Yeah Chardanook sucks, that was my last clear.

Its nice having all these orbs and mythril but I don't feel like I need anymore abilities or relics right now so I guess I'll just horde them :smaug:

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

KataraniSword posted:

As an unrelated beef, can we please get a consensus on what this loving Wall Upgrade is called? I've seen "Aegis", I've seen "Godwall", I've seen "Warding", and now I've seen "Shrine".

It's Wall with Protectga/Shellga/Hastega. :v:

As others have mentioned, the translated name for 神壁のグリモア (Grimoire of Kami Wall) will be somewhere along the lines of Shrine/Divine/Sacred Grimoire or Grimoire of the Gods. Shrine/Divine Guardian's Grimoire is another possibility, which would tie into Tyro's role in the new gameplay mode. The kanji is similar to Elarra's Fabula Guardian SB, but with the divinity level ramped up and grimoire added on.

Varance fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Nov 5, 2017

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Got all the mythril, then got all the T2 crystals covered, then I went for the skills (Ultra Cure and full coverage of the Chain -aga spells were probably the biggest points there), now I'm just poking at some accessory bosses with what stamina's left. Good haul.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Finally got everything cleared with only a few hours to spare. Some may argue that all the mythril I spent on refreshes wasn't worth it, but the mountain of crystals, major orbs, accessories, and growth eggs I'm sitting on says otherwise.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Fister Roboto posted:

Finally got everything cleared with only a few hours to spare. Some may argue that all the mythril I spent on refreshes wasn't worth it, but the mountain of crystals, major orbs, accessories, and growth eggs I'm sitting on says otherwise.

Normally I'm against spending mythril refreshes to get more mythril, but this was a special case. I don't know that I'd spend mythril for eggs, orbs, accessories, or crystals, but when the mythril is limited time and there's a good chance you won't ever get a chance at it again, combined with not actually have enough time to do everything with natural regen, it's not a bad choice.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
poo poo, I put off the 220 mp ultima weapon

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Fister Roboto posted:

I finished them all last night. I think I refreshed around 10 times or so and it was totally worth it for the excess mythril and all the rad accessories. It was a ton of work though and wasn't fun for the last day or so.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I refreshed enough to make sure I got enough accessories of each kind to have a full set of every resistance. I don't regret that at all, I am considerably more durable in basically all difficult content now

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

LornMarkus posted:

As I recall the specific "event" where they put those in the shop was the retirement of the old Mote Dungeons and the release of the revamped ones. Mostly because that meant the Ahriman Mote wouldn't be available anymore to potentially farm them off of.

This. It was coincidentally about a week after the OK USB event ended, but that event had onion motes as stage clear rewards, as opposed to farmable.

After that event there will be very little excuse for not having the onion motes for onion kid.

way to go steve
Jan 1, 2010
I refreshed about 60 times over the past week. I picked up about 600 mithril the past month, have full sets of resist accessories now, and am sitting on a nice pile of orbs. Also was able to r3 curada and omega drive.

I’d never done a mithril refresh before this, but the rewards were absolutely worth it imo. Doing the red/purple stages of newer events cost 160 stamina, and gave out about 27 major orbs, 2 crystals, and a bunch of major growth eggs. For the equivalent cost of 6 dollar draws I could refresh 10 times at max stam, clear 12 stages of ults, and pick up more than 320 orbs and 24 crystals. Those orbs and eggs are gonna help me a hell of a lot more than what I’ve got off my last dozen dollar draws (nothing).

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
I had about 12 or so characters at level 99 -- after grinding exp dailies every sunday and tuesday -- and now I have like 30 or 40. I went from having a R2 Quick Hit and not much else to having all the core abilities for my characters (Thundering Twinstrike, Dash and Slash, Dark Ninja Abilities, etc) to R3 or R4, with a TON of extra orbs to spare, and I came out with +60 or so accessories and 700+ mythril.

As a guess, I figure I spent 1.5-2 mythril per event, so I ended up spending around 100 to clear all the events. I had maybe 20 or so hours extra that I probably could have planned better for.

Renewals loving kicked rear end.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
forever salty old players' club meeting is now in session

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I don't get why really old players didn't make an alt account for this.

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011
Made it through the part 1 dungeons up to near the end of FFVII before basically running out of time, I have a bunch of characters and mythril for my trouble which is a lot more than a new player starting any time before this would have anyway so I'm not going to lose my mind.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Jose Valasquez posted:

Everything mastered in the renewal dungeons except two 220s that are a huge pain in the rear end (Chadarnook and Seymour Omnis). Can't even clear those :(

Got those mastered as well :c00l:

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

KPC_Mammon posted:

I don't get why really old players didn't make an alt account for this.

Because you couldn't really take advantage of it with a brand-new account. Your stamina would be super low so refreshes would be incredibly inefficient, and you probably couldn't do the higher difficulty stages without getting a few sundailies to level up characters and such. Plus, it's a lot of work to run multiple accounts, and hard to let go of an account you've sunk 2 1/2 years of time, effort, and money into.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Schwartzcough posted:

Because you couldn't really take advantage of it with a brand-new account. Your stamina would be super low so refreshes would be incredibly inefficient, and you probably couldn't do the higher difficulty stages without getting a few sundailies to level up characters and such. Plus, it's a lot of work to run multiple accounts, and hard to let go of an account you've sunk 2 1/2 years of time, effort, and money into.

Not to mention this came out of relative nowhere. I think there was only like maybe a week's notice due to datamining, right. And even with that no one was sure how many events would actually recur.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

LornMarkus posted:

Not to mention this came out of relative nowhere. I think there was only like maybe a week's notice due to datamining, right. And even with that no one was sure how many events would actually recur.

Nobody knew how many events were recurring until the Renewals actually went up for realms like 4 that had a lot of events, yeah.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i forgot the renewals were wrapping up today and did about half of them. this is my ffrk story, thank you for listening, thread

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Ran out of time but I’d say that event went pretty well! Finished with 757 mythril, a pull on FF15, FF Type 0, the FF3 event and a ton of orbs/awesome accessories. I was down to single digits of mythril at the end of the Fest.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
After the Fest and plowing through all of the Rebirth dungeons, it feels weirdly comforting to just do a freaking Daily again.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Yay, spirit motes from the JS! That means I can finish my first full dive on Raines

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Varance posted:

The only problem with this argument is that Shrine Grimoire exists. Wall/Protectga/Shellga/Hastega.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwdep7id6Cs

It's only missing Major Regen. nice.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I didn't have time to complete all the dungeons, barely made a dent even though I played from 7am to 8pm today (day off).

By my estimates, I still had 15k stamina to burn through, and it seemed it would take roughly 30 hours more to clear all the events. I really hope they bring it back :(

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Got all the mythril from the renewals and pretty much all of the good accessories that I didn't have functional duplicates of, but ugh the completionist in me hated leaving behind all those crystals / major orbs. Would have meant a metric shitload of refreshes and I doubt I would have physically had the time anyway since I already felt like I was spending borderline problematic amounts of time playing this drat game for the past couple weeks.

It's kind of a relief to open my events tab and not see that endless scroll anymore.

Now I just have to wait an agonizingly long time for something to spend this mythril on. Sephiroth is cool and all but the rest of that banner feels pretty meh, and other than that the only one that looks slightly interesting is IV until whenever FFTA and IX drop.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Oh hey I snagged Aria's BSB. :toot:

I've been looking for a more modern healer burst and BarFire will be handy if I ever unlock magicites for Liquid Flame. I wonder if she'd be worth diving... looks like she gets a lot of healing boosts through her dives.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Nabbed CoD LMR with a dollar draw.

After going 0 for the whole renewal plus some more in dollar draws that's two in a row. Man.

Glad I got it too, had CoD's SSB and BSB already. Auto-endark seems like a good way to spit out some good DPS from the getgo.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Oh hey I snagged Aria's BSB. :toot:

I've been looking for a more modern healer burst and BarFire will be handy if I ever unlock magicites for Liquid Flame. I wonder if she'd be worth diving... looks like she gets a lot of healing boosts through her dives.

Fun fact: the majority of Liquid Flame's attacks are not fire.

(They're mostly physical or resisted with Instant KO resistance.)

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I am heavily abusing that strat that ipodschun suggested earlier in the thread for these recent JS we've had...

I also had a surprise of pulling Delita BSB from the FFT banner, ho-le-poo poo is that thing a secret beast.

cloud USB and chant and shout and some minor breakdowns and he hits for 16k....EIGHT TIMES. :magical:

Maybe that doesn't seem like much, but with this strat he can burn through 3 BSB casts under Cloud RW and do about 380k damage by himself, and that's if a boss isn't imperiled. He also hits FOUR different elements at once. Absorbs Ice but weak to fire? NO PROBLEM

I very promptly egged him to 99.

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Nov 6, 2017

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
The Delita banner was actually one of the ones I regretted leaving behind in favour of the 30th. Got his LMR from a 100 gem too :(

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
Delita's BSB is a lot weaker compared to a good enElement BSB once you add in chant because his base damage is lower so you aren't getting nearly as much out of the chant. If you compare the damage Cloud USB + Chant + Delita BSB is worse than Cloud USB + Chant + most enElement BSBs.

Without chant he is pretty comparable and being able to hit 4 different elements is amazing.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

KPC_Mammon posted:

Delita's BSB is a lot weaker compared to a good enElement BSB once you add in chant because his base damage is lower so you aren't getting nearly as much out of the chant. If you compare the damage Cloud USB + Chant + Delita BSB is worse than Cloud USB + Chant + most enElement BSBs.

Without chant he is pretty comparable and being able to hit 4 different elements is amazing.

Usually it ends up that the Enelement BSBs do more damage after the first cast when you already have Enelement up. I don't know how big the difference is, but when you only get 3 SB bars, the first cast doing half as much damage does need to be considered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
I stopped counting but my refreshes for the renewals have to be way north of 100. All mythril stages done, all great accessories grabbed and did the newest events that rewarded 4 crystals as a bonus.

I left about 35 events still incomplete.

-Mythril count is up to 750
-A lot of abilities grabbed like fire twinstrike (yes i never crafted it), lightning dive etc
-Ability space expanded to max 175
-Lots of orbs
-A massive load of growth eggs. I now have 114 characters at 65+. No new 99s, went wide instead of tall.
-All 65+ have their RM2 and RM3
-Everyone with a BSB or better has a full 3* dive. No longer necessary to buy motes with greens.
-Everyone with BSB+ has their MC3 bought and I still have five to spare.
-As a present for Lightning who sliced through the events with her LM2 and God Among Men I made this:

Good stuff but boy am I glad it's over.

• Locked thread