Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

My downstairs neighbours are cooking what smells like yeast mixed with onions and it's stinking the whole place out, I opened a window but that's just blown the smell throughout the house.

Also I had a wisdom tooth out (for free) and my jaw still hurts four days later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
You ever found a good pen?
I mean like you were just picking though random ones at work or the bank or wherever and you find a really, really good pen that has no earthly business being there, so you take it home and cherish that goddamn pen? The kind you actually give a poo poo about and actually buy refills for?

I just left mine at work and there's no way in hell it'll still be there on my next shift.
:patriot: godspeed, little gel ballpoint Pilot. You will be the metric I judge all future writing implements by.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 13:30 on Oct 22, 2017

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
My apartment is a loving Pen Bermuda Triangle. I'll buy a pack of 20, then by the end of the week half of them will have vanished without a trace.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I've had the same thicc mechanical pencil for ten years and I hope I never lose it again

it's my favorite for drawing!

e: oh good it still exists, I should buy more https://www.amazon.com/Pentel-Automatic-Pencil-Eraser-PD257EBP2/dp/B002VL93BI

snoo has a new favorite as of 17:01 on Oct 22, 2017

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Thin Privilege posted:

I was freaking out on my way home that I changed my clock out time to like, 8:45 instead of 9:45. Easy-ish fix but it's a lot of $ for my meager hourly wage if I hosed up the clock out time and don't fix it. I need those $8 :smith:

Yeah, luckily I got it fixed the next day. The manager on duty that night wasn't sure what to do because he's still kind of new there, and the one guy that knows how to fix this kind if poo poo had already gone home for the night. Then I discovered an obscure part of the menu that allows you to declare negative numbers of tips, and that seems to have fixed things.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!
The tap to pay units are to the left of the door on streetcars and to the right of the door on buses. And the the subway is just a lawless free for all, depending on where the station is in its upgrades.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Wow, someone just copied one of my Youtube videos and put it up on their own channel. It's weird but I'm also... flattered? I wonder if this is how HBO feels with all the piracy.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Bad poops.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I missed recording Supergirl last night, it just didn't happen, so I've now missed episode 2 and can't find anywhere to watch it online. Youtube is just a bunch of reaction videos and all the other places are laden with viruses, and it's not available on catchup. :(

YAY I FOUND A WAY!

BioEnchanted has a new favorite as of 18:27 on Oct 24, 2017

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

BioEnchanted posted:

I missed recording Supergirl last night, it just didn't happen, so I've now missed episode 2 and can't find anywhere to watch it online. Youtube is just a bunch of reaction videos and all the other places are laden with viruses, and it's not available on catchup. :(

YAY I FOUND A WAY!

Was the the CW app or the CW website? Because they host them on their own site the next day.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Aleph Null posted:

Was the the CW app or the CW website? Because they host them on their own site the next day.

Sky on Demand. I just wasn't looking in the right place - I was looking in the Freeview menu when I should have hit the TalkTalk menu.

BioEnchanted has a new favorite as of 19:59 on Oct 24, 2017

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Another bleak rainy day where I'm staring at the weather on the other side of a restaurant glass and wishing I didn't have to go to work.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Hell today at work we had the trifecta - big software outage, then out phones died, then I got a nosebleed - software, hardware/telephony and medical.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

In the airport getting drinks on company money but they dont reimburse enough to get drunk

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I set out to walk to the local Bunnings, somehow walked right past it, and when I came back I discovered it's currently closed anyway. And I'd planned to go to the library on the way home, but I forgot until I was already half way home on a bus, so I'll have to do that tomorrow as well.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I woke up last Tuesday with a stiff neck. I stupidly played 4 games of softball in the next 2 days because our team was in the playoffs. It's not stiff anymore but it's been a week straight of nearly unbearable pain emanating from my spine. I have a $7000 deductible on my health insurance, and I can't afford to miss work or go to the doctor. I would do nearly anything to be pain free for 5 minutes at this point. America!

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

RCarr posted:

I woke up last Tuesday with a stiff neck. I stupidly played 4 games of softball in the next 2 days because our team was in the playoffs. It's not stiff anymore but it's been a week straight of nearly unbearable pain emanating from my spine. I have a $7000 deductible on my health insurance, and I can't afford to miss work or go to the doctor. I would do nearly anything to be pain free for 5 minutes at this point. America!

As good a time as any to get in on the opiate crisis.

VanguardFelix
Oct 10, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bought a new Pixel 2 and an empty obviously tampered with box was delivered. 6 days of getting dicked around by Project Fi customer support being told a new phone would go out. Then finally told no more devices available but you'll get a refund if the investigation finds no fault. I just did a chargeback with my CC company and it took minutes. It's a shame because I was hoping for a no/low bloatware phone and provider.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I impulse-bought an old video game on GOG (Afterlife, by Lucasarts) and I'm irrationally hesitant to actually play it. Like, I remember having fun with it, but I also remember my annoyances with it. Also, it's a game from 1996, and no games that old hold up.

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
10PM on a Thursday night is the ideal time for my neighbor to practice playing Red Hot Chili Peppers songs on his balcony

e: he's good enough I can recognize what the songs should be but not good enough to actually play them

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Malachite_Dragon posted:

You ever found a good pen?
I mean like you were just picking though random ones at work or the bank or wherever and you find a really, really good pen that has no earthly business being there, so you take it home and cherish that goddamn pen? The kind you actually give a poo poo about and actually buy refills for?

I just left mine at work and there's no way in hell it'll still be there on my next shift.
:patriot: godspeed, little gel ballpoint Pilot. You will be the metric I judge all future writing implements by.

I know exactly the pen you're talking about, it's the best pen ever and they're cheap on Amazon.

I'm washing my winter down blanket for the first time ever, but I'm using a small house washer and dryer. They are definitely too small for this thing. The washer kept shaking and making loud noises like crazy due to weight imbalance so I had to manually gently caress with the blanket and knob to not break the machine, and the dryer is small and likes to tangle stuff so the blanket gets tangled and despite the machine saying "done", the tangled part is wet, and the whole thing smells like a very dirty duck, which makes me really sad because the ducks that were used to make this were very dirty when they were alive and hence lived in a horrible environment :smith:

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I have the day off and was going to catch up on podcasts while I tidy my place but the battery on my bluetooth headphones is out of juice. I have corded headphones but the audio doesn't sound as good so I don't want to use them.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
I saw a really nice woollen cloak on Wish and I want it, but I'm fat and ugly and painfully aware that if I get it I'll look more like Quasimodo from Disney's The Hunchback of Notre Dame than a fashionable lady.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I was genuinely excited that it was getting chillier out, because I get to use my winter jacket. Comfortable, layered, like six pockets!

Oh yeah, two pockets ripped last year, one rip hosed with the heat retention, so I had to buy a new winter jacket. Which is a fine jacket, but it's not my favorite jacket.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

The neighbour I hate is listing his house for sale, but I'm worried it will be bought by someone even worse.

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

So they finally re-paved the alley behind my apartment, and now people are flying through like 25 mph.

It kind of worries me too, the corners are really sharp at the end because of the larger buildings there. Going like 10 mph I've had to slam on my breaks because you can't see pedestrians until you're like right up on it.

I'm actually missing all the potholes that used to be back there because now I realize they were like improvised speed bumps

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Noslo posted:

I'm actually missing all the potholes that used to be back there because now I realize they were like improvised speed bumps

The improvised speed bumps are still there, only now they take the form of human bodies.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
The WhatsApp smilies were changed and they suck rear end. The standard smiling face no longer looks like :) but rather :downs:

Crescent_Fresh
Aug 27, 2017

Seagulls took my sister.
They took her.
It's finally cold enough outside that I need to turn the heat on in my apartment. I have electric heat registers and the first few times they heat up it stinks like crazy from the dust burning off.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
First World Problem, Phase 1: when it came out, I bought Sonic Mania for the PC, since I didn't have a Switch. However, I had watched an LP in the time between the Switch and PC releases, and it (unorthodoxly for me) filled my interest in playing the game for a while.

First World Problem, Phase 2: Now, I own a Switch, and kinda want to play Sonic Mania... on my Switch, and not my PC.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 03:40 on Nov 5, 2017

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

VanguardFelix posted:

Bought a new Pixel 2 and an empty obviously tampered with box was delivered. 6 days of getting dicked around by Project Fi customer support being told a new phone would go out. Then finally told no more devices available but you'll get a refund if the investigation finds no fault. I just did a chargeback with my CC company and it took minutes. It's a shame because I was hoping for a no/low bloatware phone and provider.

Fi changed their support in the past year. My Nexus is stuck in a loving boot loop and they refused to overnight me a new phone, instead sending it ground. Trying to explain to the assholes that I work in shipping and YES THINGS GET SHIPPED ON SATURDAY meant nothing.

FWP: no phone for a few days when I need it for work.

I have to visit my racist bigot dad tomorrow, and I was hoping to do some Pokemon Go beforehand, but nope. I did all my loving chores and weekend poo poo crammed in today just so I could spend hours walking parks tomorrow.

I have a ride-along with a boss on Monday.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Crescent_Fresh posted:

It's finally cold enough outside that I need to turn the heat on in my apartment. I have electric heat registers and the first few times they heat up it stinks like crazy from the dust burning off.

that smell is so nostalgic :unsmith:

we haven't had to use the heat at all bc our place gets hot being on the top floor and in the sun, it kinda sucks. even when it's 55 during the day, it's still 70 inside with the windows open (and hoo boy if they're closed...).

I love fall/winter and want chilly air and a comfortable bedroom, drat it!

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Dave Grool posted:

10PM on a Thursday night is the ideal time for my neighbor to practice playing Red Hot Chili Peppers songs on his balcony

e: he's good enough I can recognize what the songs should be but not good enough to actually play them

He might be better if he chooses a different instrument. I can't imagine the balcony is easy to learn.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

about six months ago I witnessed a very minor car accident (just a bump, nobody was injured), and stopped to give my name as a witness as I could clearly see whose fault it was (idiot white van driver cutting across two lanes without looking).
I thought nothing more of it, but have now started getting several calls a week from dodgy claims companies wanting to help me claim for the "car crash I was involved in", so I guess my name is on some database somewhere in a list of people in the crash. They also want to discuss claims for the assessment of damage to my car, which was nowhere near the two that actually collided.
Claims scammers :argh:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Last time I got a phone call asking about my recent accident, I said I'd thrown the underpants in the bin and I'd really rather not think about the incident again.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
I had to go vote in the municipal elections for the first time because one of the candidates is a loving lunactic. Never had to bother before since all candidates were more or less the same and/or there was no way to beat the previous mayor, but insane talk radio that push for that new rear end in a top hat scare me

KingColliwog has a new favorite as of 01:25 on Nov 6, 2017

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
My bf, after years and years of REFUSING to get a smart phone for a variety of lame reasons somehow just got an iPhone X. I'm obviously irritated because I spent years telling him that smart phones are good, but that's not the issue. The issue is that he's using emojis out the rear end. He didn't do this when he was using iMessage on his iPad but now that he has the phone... it's 🤤😐😵🐱🐻. When I asked, "are you only going to use emojis from now on," he replied with 🤷‍♂️ /sigh.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Thin Privilege posted:

My bf, after years and years of REFUSING to get a smart phone for a variety of lame reasons somehow just got an iPhone X. I'm obviously irritated because I spent years telling him that smart phones are good, but that's not the issue. The issue is that he's using emojis out the rear end. He didn't do this when he was using iMessage on his iPad but now that he has the phone... it's 🤤😐😵🐱🐻. When I asked, "are you only going to use emojis from now on," he replied with 🤷‍♂️ /sigh.

:sever:

hth

Edit: are you sure it is your BF? And not one of your parents in a skin suit?

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Helios Grime posted:

:sever:

hth

Edit: are you sure it is your BF? And not one of your parents in a skin suit?

Wow the SEVER smilie is huge on the computer. I always use my phone to shitpost here so using it on computer is weeeeird. Nonetheless, I am sorry, but I cannot sever.

My mom has already embraced emojis and has used them to my irritation for many years now. So it is not my mom disguised. My dad is also a "ONLY FLIP PHONE" type of person so it's not him either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
I just realized that Netflix was withholding a lot of stuff from me because my account language was set on german! Why the hell would you do that. At least I got some seasons of series I like to watch to catch up now.

Edit: Just to clarify I would only be able to see the season when the German dub or sub has been made for it...