Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Benny Harvey posted:

I gave up on getting laid but then that's when people started saying I should get a girlfriend.

Then why does every single thing you post reek of insecurity and desperation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Anne Whateley posted:

No, they aren't related and post-1950s dermatologists won't say they are. The first thing dermatologists usually say to acne patients is to wash less often and more gently.
The Mayo Clinic:

Cystic acne is genetic, but so is almost all regular acne. 81% is genetic from a huge twin study.

huh fair enough, guess the dermatologists i saw in my late teens and early twenties were pre-1950s.

Benny Harvey posted:

Nah.

Imagine a fat younger Joshua Jackson and you're not a million miles off.

This is exactly what I'm trying to say.

Some of these women had invited me on nights out. And I hadn't made a "move" in case that's what you're thinking.

I'm washed and so are my clothes. I'm clean shaven and I get regular haircuts. I am fat but I'm working on it. I've never watched an anime in my life. I don't have acne, my hair isn't greasy and I don't smell.

I don't know why you would assume those things about me unless it's because I don't have the approval of attractive women.

I'd give pretty much any food, movie or song a try.

Reasons I wouldn't (want to) date certain women:
- looks (once again, all I want is honesty on the subject)
- poor hygiene (not hypocritical as im washed)
- racist

I gave up on getting laid but then that's when people started saying I should get a girlfriend.

lol count how many times this guy contradicts himself in this one post

i've got 4 from a quick scan

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
This thread was more fun before everyone started feeding the Benny.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

"it's your parents' responsibility that you exist"

woah.

noether
May 1, 2017

some kinda cutesy shoggoth

Fartbox posted:

Depends on what exactly you're doing but all the women I've talked to tell stories of how they're constantly hit on, everywhere and that it gets tiring. But of course, especially in clubs, bars etc. If they're just out with their friends they might not be interested in you at all and if they're out of your league they might just be telling you to get lost to save everyone some time. Are you only approaching really hot women? Because they're usually only interested in really hot men

If you're hitting on people in the street or in McDonalds or whatever then lol

the barista sighs heavily before calling the next customer's name.

"benny!"

benny approaches the counter. from a distance, he almost looks normal, but his posture is always off and he tends to lapse into this odd stare that makes both of them uncomfortable. he's a regular customer at the coffee shop, there almost every morning. usually the barista will quietly tap her coworker brad on the shoulder and swap places until he leaves, but brad's sick today, and there aren't any other guys who work this shift. someone's gotta deal with him, and this morning, it looks like it's gonna be her. the she hands over the drink.

"here you go, sir," she says, trying to find a tone of voice that conveys "I'm being polite because I'm at work, but I actually really hate you." she tries this basically every time she has to serve him, but he obviously has trouble understanding subtext.

"thanks," he says, picking the drink off the counter. he pauses briefly. "you look nice this morning, april."

the barista mumbles "uhm. thanks." she tries to edge closer to the barrier between polite but terse and visibly irritated. the next order can't be ready quickly enough so she has an excuse to shoo him away.

"I found these t-shirts that look pretty cool. what do you think?" he says, pulling up some facebook page on his phone and shoving it in her face. the shirts in question have a lot of skulls and weird edgy slogans in metal-band-logo-esque text.

"that's uh, not really my thing," she says, looking around to make sure her boss doesn't notice what's happening and chew her out for talking with customers again or some bullshit. "it looks kind of goofy, I guess"

"oh." benny apparently hadn't considered that response. "uh, well, I was thinking of getting one, and I thought this one looks kind of cool." he flips though a few photos in whatever album.

"ORDER UP!"

the barista breaths a sigh of relief as she turns around to grab the finished drink. she reads the name on the side, smiles a bit and calls it out.

"jess!" she turns back around to see benny holding his phone in her face expectantly again. she ignores him, focusing on the woman approaching the counter.

"here you are, miss," she says, trying to fight off a big goofy grin

"thanks, baby," jess accepts the drink, clearly also ecstatic to see her. she starts walking out of the coffee shop, turning briefly to make a "call me!" gesture.

benny, soured by that interaction, takes his drink and sulks over to an open table to post angrily on the /r/incels thread about how girls never want to talk to him

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Wait a minute, if the only one impregnating women is Chad, and then they eventually end up settling down with a guy they refuse to gently caress while cheating on, etc., meaning that only Chad genes pass on, how do they get their terrible Incel genes in the first place

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

Then why does every single thing you post reek of insecurity and desperation?

Anxiety and depression I guess.

Coolguye posted:

huh fair enough, guess the dermatologists i saw in my late teens and early twenties were pre-1950s.

lol count how many times this guy contradicts himself in this one post

i've got 4 from a quick scan

Such as?

noether posted:

the barista sighs heavily before calling the next customer's name.

"benny!"

benny approaches the counter. from a distance, he almost looks normal, but his posture is always off and he tends to lapse into this odd stare that makes both of them uncomfortable. he's a regular customer at the coffee shop, there almost every morning. usually the barista will quietly tap her coworker brad on the shoulder and swap places until he leaves, but brad's sick today, and there aren't any other guys who work this shift. someone's gotta deal with him, and this morning, it looks like it's gonna be her. the she hands over the drink.

"here you go, sir," she says, trying to find a tone of voice that conveys "I'm being polite because I'm at work, but I actually really hate you." she tries this basically every time she has to serve him, but he obviously has trouble understanding subtext.

"thanks," he says, picking the drink off the counter. he pauses briefly. "you look nice this morning, april."

the barista mumbles "uhm. thanks." she tries to edge closer to the barrier between polite but terse and visibly irritated. the next order can't be ready quickly enough so she has an excuse to shoo him away.

"I found these t-shirts that look pretty cool. what do you think?" he says, pulling up some facebook page on his phone and shoving it in her face. the shirts in question have a lot of skulls and weird edgy slogans in metal-band-logo-esque text.

"that's uh, not really my thing," she says, looking around to make sure her boss doesn't notice what's happening and chew her out for talking with customers again or some bullshit. "it looks kind of goofy, I guess"

"oh." benny apparently hadn't considered that response. "uh, well, I was thinking of getting one, and I thought this one looks kind of cool." he flips though a few photos in whatever album.

"ORDER UP!"

the barista breaths a sigh of relief as she turns around to grab the finished drink. she reads the name on the side, smiles a bit and calls it out.

"jess!" she turns back around to see benny holding his phone in her face expectantly again. she ignores him, focusing on the woman approaching the counter.

"here you are, miss," she says, trying to fight off a big goofy grin

"thanks, baby," jess accepts the drink, clearly also ecstatic to see her. she starts walking out of the coffee shop, turning briefly to make a "call me!" gesture.

benny, soured by that interaction, takes his drink and sulks over to an open table to post angrily on the /r/incels thread about how girls never want to talk to him

Actually I've never hit on a barista, barmaid or waitress. I don't hit on any women anymore unless you count online dating.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Blade Runner posted:

Wait a minute, if the only one impregnating women is Chad, and then they eventually end up settling down with a guy they refuse to gently caress while cheating on, etc., meaning that only Chad genes pass on, how do they get their terrible Incel genes in the first place
It's passed down matrilineally because even Chad's DNA is cucking them.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben

noether posted:

benny approaches the counter. from a distance, he almost looks normal, but his posture is always off and he tends to lapse into this odd stare

I'm pretty sure "his posture is off" and "the position of his eyes isn't quite right" are up with "positive canthal tilt".

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

hyphz posted:

I'm pretty sure "his posture is off" and "the position of his eyes isn't quite right" are up with "positive canthal tilt".

Uhh no. That poo poo is easy to see. Canthal tilt that is 2 degrees off is not.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Normally I wouldn't do this humblebrag poo poo, but, since we have several incels coming from inside the thread. I'm always amused by just how insufferable or shut-in these sad sacks must be. I am, like, the gooniest gently caress, but I have had several women ask me out. I had to turn them down, of course, since I was taken, and also gay, but.

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

hyphz posted:

No, posture and eye contact are like the foundational pieces of body language and are HUGE. He's not talking minor physical attributes.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Normally I wouldn't do this humblebrag poo poo, but, since we have several incels coming from inside the thread. I'm always amused by just how insufferable or shut-in these sad sacks must be. I am, like, the gooniest gently caress, but I have had several women ask me out. I had to turn them down, of course, since I was taken, and also gay, but.

Congrats? Do you want a sticker or something? This is like going into a thread about poor people and saying "wow, these poor people are really insufferable. I'm, like, the poorest gently caress, but I just bought a new car yesterday."

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

The Dennis System posted:

Congrats? Do you want a sticker or something? This is like going into a thread about poor people and saying "wow, these poor people are really insufferable. I'm, like, the poorest gently caress, but I just bought a new car yesterday."

Lol.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm a goony shut in (apart from work) sad sack. Do I get to make fun of them?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Stickers are kind of nerdy. Just slap a gangtag on.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

This is like going into a thread about poor people and saying "wow, these poor people are really insufferable. I'm, like, the poorest gently caress, but I just bought a new car yesterday."

Wow, I didn't realize poor people were all horrible misogynists!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

This thread is about poor people in the same way that Mars Attacks is about the threat of alien invasion.

noether
May 1, 2017

hyphz posted:

dude, it's really easy to tell when someone's looking at you weird. I don't need to dig out my protractor and triangles to tell if a guy's staring at me or focusing on my boobs or whatever.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Ghostlight posted:

This thread is about poor people in the same way that Mars Attacks is about the threat of alien invasion.

It's just an analogy. This thread is also analogous to a thread making fun of wheelchair bound people.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

chumbler posted:

I'm a goony shut in (apart from work) sad sack. Do I get to make fun of them?

Yes.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

brother man you apparently have all the answers in this thread so why don't you go back and read your own poo poo, slowly, and pick out a few things that could potentially be taken as double-talk bullshit or trying to have a situation both ways

go on, i'll give you a minute. until you do that and prove you're actually capable of self-reflection i have no reason to treat you as anything but a colossal loving joke.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

It's just an analogy. This thread is also analogous to a thread making fun of wheelchair bound people.

lol um

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Please just post on your main account Benny.

noether
May 1, 2017

that's a hilariously awful analogy. last I checked, most wheelchair bound folks don't spend all day on forums bitching about how non-disabled people are cucks and anyone going through physical therapy is a cuck too

and most of the time, physical disability can't be traced back to massive personality flaws and hosed up worldviews

anyway, I posted this stuff in the last thread, but since we're starved for content right now, here it is again

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

noether posted:

that's a hilariously awful analogy. last I checked, most wheelchair bound folks don't spend all day on forums bitching about how non-disabled people are cucks and anyone going through physical therapy is a cuck too

and most of the time, physical disability can't be traced back to massive personality flaws and hosed up worldviews

anyway, I posted this stuff in the last thread, but since we're starved for content right now, here it is again

You're right, I can't really compare wheelchair bound people and poor people to these crazy incels, because these incels are misogynists, etc., and they say, and sometimes do, some messed up poo poo that they shouldn't be excused for. My point is just that being an incel is a worse fate than being poor, and is a comparable fate (although not quite as bad probably) as being wheelchair bound. And, furthermore, being an incel is no more under a person's control than being a poor is under someone's control. People don't choose to have crippling social anxiety, or bad social skills or be ugly. Who knows what kind of psychological disorders and insane childhoods cause people to become incels. And of course people who don't have normal social lives develop hosed up worldviews. Seems like a hosed up worldview is a completely expected result of that kind of psychological suffering. I don't know what should be done to counteract the sometimes terrible stuff that's going on in these toxic communities, but I don't think just making fun of them and making them even more unsocializable is really the answer.

Edit: also the examples you posted are way too small for me to see on my screen, so I don't even know what they were saying.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I'm good lookin and tried to no-strings bang a weird wheelchair bound guy for literally over ten years, it's just not that hard for a dude to get laid, man

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Pick posted:

it's just not that hard for a dude to get laid, man

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Pick posted:

it's just not that hard for a dude to get laid, man

I find it very easy to lose weight, and yet hundreds of millions of people find it very, very hard. (Also, as a woman, you have no idea if it's hard or not. It's totally outside of your experience. It's probably even totally outside what you can imagine.)

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

You have to at least do a little more than just only leave your house to go to work or the grocery store.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

I find it very easy to lose weight, and yet hundreds of millions of people find it very, very hard. (Also, as a woman, you have no idea if it's hard or not. It's totally outside of your experience. It's probably even totally outside what you can imagine.)

as a woman I know EXACTLY how easy it is for a man to get laid

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

chumbler posted:

You have to at least do a little more than just only leave your house to go to work or the grocery store.

You're saying anxiety disorders don't exist and are just something that psychologists and big pharma invented to make money.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

You're saying anxiety disorders don't exist and are just something that psychologists and big pharma invented to make money.

The Dennis System has been huffin' from the Benny bag.

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

The wheelchair analogy works if all of the users crippled themselves over years and then tried to blame it all on someone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I saw another cute wheelchair guy the other day but I couldn't make a move because you jerks would claim I have a type

• Locked thread