Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

FronzelNeekburm posted:

The day of the shooting:

If Conservatives want to call the tends of thousands of gun deaths the "price of freedom" maybe we should start calling the few dozen deaths by terrorism the "price of compassion". Oh, wait, that won't work. Conservatives don't know what compassion is.

Kidding aside, linking their ideology to "Freedom" is pretty ingenuous. "Freedom" is a concept everyone can feeling like they are immediately benefiting from. Even though capital 'F' freedom offered by Conservatism is a very selfish thing it still has all the positive connotations of freedom. They also provide tons of built in defense mechanisms making "Freedom" immune it criticism. It really is the best vehicle for spreading their "gently caress you got mine" philosophy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Just call it freedom as well. Because we are a country that is free to welcome people from anywhere in the world.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
It's the same way they managed to own patriotism and loving America and use it as a shield.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

welcome back zelta

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Don't show any new Zelda, the art's gone to poo poo. Just keep with the older stuff like this.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
From what I've heard all that poo poo is constant whether a woman is single or not.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

fluffyDeathbringer posted:

"Women coming out about their sexual abuse will destroy Hollywood and subsequently the entire nation of Great Britain" is... a take, alright. Certainly not a type of fearmongering I've seen before.

Also, gently caress you Jennings for fearmongering about sexual abuse victims wanting justice to be done to their abuser, you loving ball of dead taint-skin and rat puke.

It isn't fearmongering, it's an illustration of the chain of events. Women came out about sexual abuse in Hollywood and weren't slapped down or silenced and the powerful man responsible was punished. This has led to women calling out sexual abuse in the UK parliament, which will certainly topple the government. Even with the DUP bribe Theresa May only had a functioning majority of one. Now she's already had to remove the whip from one of her MPs and it's looking like anywhere from a dozen to thirty more are going to go the same way. Some of them are going to resign over it; others may go to prison. Even if they do neither, there will be a strong push in their constituencies to create a petition for recall.

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

it's not what you've got, it's what you make of it
Thanks for the clarification.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

https://twitter.com/MattBors/status/927214809229045760

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

I don't understand this. I get the comic but not the Papa John's reference. Is Papa John now an alt-right hero?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Sagebrush posted:

I don't understand this. I get the comic but not the Papa John's reference. Is Papa John now an alt-right hero?

He (the CEO) claimed the NFL protests are losing him business because he advertises with the NFL, and famously tried to screw his employees out of Obamacare protections and in other ways. He’s awful.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

ALT-RIGHT WHITE SUPREMACISTS CLAIM PAPA JOHN'S AS OFFICIAL PIZZA

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Sagebrush posted:

Yes, he blamed the NFL protests for his pizza sales dropping.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Sagebrush posted:

The Papa John's guy blamed crappy sales on the NFL protestors.
The internet has been giving him all sorts of well-deserved poo poo for that and their stocks took a dive as well.

Since he blamed black people for his problems, the alt-right declared Papa John's to be their official pizza.

Edit: gently caress, beaten thrice.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Although I did read a rumor that he was put up to it by Cowboys owner Jerry Jones (who also owns a bunch of Papa Johns franchises.)

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
The owner of Papa John's is also an incredible rear end in a top hat in general, he was strongly opposed to the ACA because it would cost him 14 cents per pizza to provide health care for his employees.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Papa John sales didnt go down, they didnt go UP as much as expected.

Watching the right get triggered into boycotting a thing. Not actually boycotting it. Pretending the boycott was successful when the numbers disagree. And then complaining about the results of that boycott that didn't happen!. The schadenfreude is pretty good here.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

The owner of Papa John's is also an incredible rear end in a top hat in general, he was strongly opposed to the ACA because it would cost him 14 cents per pizza to provide health care for his employees.

I love that he came out with a big press brief about it thinking everyone would totally get behind him and think how smart and good he was for choosing to save his customers money on their mediocre pizzas.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"Westminster scandals: a glimpse inside the sty – Chris Riddell on a grim week in parliament"

Sunday Telegraph:

Independent on Sunday:

Sunday Times:

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
What I like about Bob is that he makes politicans look like well meaning people who are deeply incompentant and silly across the political spectrum, from that the "draw everyone terrifying" or just strawmanning people he disagrees with. I liked his take on David Cameron, because he nailed the "this will be a good idea....wait, no, this is going terribly please help" feeling that seemed to mark the Cameron era.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

OldMemes posted:

What I like about Bob is that he makes politicans look like well meaning people who are deeply incompentant and silly across the political spectrum, from that the "draw everyone terrifying" or just strawmanning people he disagrees with. I liked his take on David Cameron, because he nailed the "this will be a good idea....wait, no, this is going terribly please help" feeling that seemed to mark the Cameron era.

Bob has the most adorable art style :3:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

OldMemes posted:

Tories are neither well meaning or competent.
Remember that adage? "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"?
IT doesn't loving apply to Tories because they're both. They're spiteful loving idiots, and Teflon Cameron is their wellspring. They're like Mr. Bean except they never face the consequences for their actions while everyone suffers for their idiotic poo poo.

I'll appreciate a thousand Scarfes before I utter mere praise for one Bob.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
So, what will we get for the Texas church shooting, now? More "don't politicize this tragedy, thoughts & prayers" or more "wall up the borders, ban all mooslims"?

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Cat Mattress posted:

So, what will we get for the Texas church shooting, now? More "don't politicize this tragedy, thoughts & prayers" or more "wall up the borders, ban all mooslims"?

What ethnicity was the shooter?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Unconfirmed so far.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
Aint gonna get our answer till it is, what a wonderful world.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Tories are neither well meaning or competent.
Remember that adage? "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"?
IT doesn't loving apply to Tories because they're both. They're spiteful loving idiots, and Teflon Cameron is their wellspring. They're like Mr. Bean except they never face the consequences for their actions while everyone suffers for their idiotic poo poo.

I'll appreciate a thousand Scarfes before I utter mere praise for one Bob.

That's what I like about Bob, he doesn't do the "you gotta give me the fangs" strawmanning, but highlights how incompetant people can be even when they think they're doing the greater good. His May and Corbyn are both befuddled idiots who are going their best, but are too incompentant and whacky to do much. Obivously this cartoon logic desn't apply to reality, but it makes a change for a cartoonist to highlight that politicans are just people, and people often do really stupid things even they think it's right. It's a little refreshing to have everyone shown as a bumbling human idiot rather than horrible grotestque monsters.

Obivously it wouldn't work if everyone did it, but Bob has a nice niche going on.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

While reading about the Texas Church shooting I noticed CNN had publish a somewhat political cartoons related article about the Russian Revolution.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-41833406

The article doesn't go into details translating the posters but doesn't explain their context. I'll translate this one I particularly like asking for donations to the war.

Loan to Freedom

Flags left to right: "War Until Victory" "Victory over our Enemies" "Don't let them take the Freedom we are fighting for" and "Freedom"

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Nov 5, 2017

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

This has happened to me before, when trying to get a lure out of a cypress. Don't trust water trees!

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Ya bringing back painful memories of brim fishing with my dad.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

gowb posted:

This has happened to me before, when trying to get a lure out of a cypress. Don't trust water trees!

That last panel is really good. (I mean it looks like a nightmare and terrible, which is what it's trying to convey I think.) Thanks for posting these, I put the shithead who posts the Milquetoast Generic Hum-Drum Characterless Nordic Biographical Printed Cartoon #3 that is known as Zelda on ignore ages ago.

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Jerry Cotton posted:

That last panel is really good. (I mean it looks like a nightmare and terrible, which is what it's trying to convey I think.) Thanks for posting these, I put the shithead who posts the Milquetoast Generic Hum-Drum Characterless Nordic Biographical Printed Cartoon #3 that is known as Zelda on ignore ages ago.

It's what they get for not listening to Bukota. (This happens a lot)

And thanks, but there's room for both comics I think! :)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

gowb posted:

It's what they get for not listening to Bukota. (This happens a lot)

And thanks, but there's room for both comics I think! :)

Oh yeah anyone who wants to read Zelda is welcome to do so. I think non-Nordic people might find it novel.

e: Prince Valiant reminds me of 80s Conan.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Cat Mattress posted:

You forgot one:
https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/927248665923805184

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000

Jerry Cotton posted:

Yes completely unneccessary aggression you must be bopping through life

• Locked thread