Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

LumpyGumby posted:

The hamburgler? Wut?

Roster filler. The real get is Girard, Kamenev, and a 1st that'll probably be around 15-23 in a good draft (assuming it's for this year).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

what

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
If they didn’t want to pay Turris 6x6 is the same thing gonna happen in 2 years when Duchene’s hits UFA?

Also was worried about losing White/Chabot/Brown, lol at Bowers going

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

3 picks, girard, kamenev and bowers is a lot drat.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
The whole trade in one tweet:

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/927328405107777536

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Sucks.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
"Sounds like the deal is:

Duchene to #Sens

Turris to #Preds

Hammond, Bowers, Girard, Kamenev, NSH 2nd, OTT 1st, OTT 3rd to #Avs."

Hand Knit posted:

Roster filler. The real get is Girard, Kamenev, and a 1st that'll probably be around 15-23 in a good draft (assuming it's for this year).

Are they decentish prospects? I can't recall hearing of them.

Also I'm hoping we might trade up if we're not too high in the dress this year. We'll see.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Taylor Hall was worth Adam Larsson

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

On first blush that seems good for Nashville and Colorado, and maybe a bit steep but not unreasonable for Ottawa.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Someone post that gif of duchene fist pumping at Colorado selecting him at the draft.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Honestly good job all in all by Sakic.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

The Dirty Burger posted:

Taylor Hall was worth Adam Larsson

Jordan Eberle, who had 10 more points than Duchene last season, was worth Ryan Strome.

Fire Chiarelli.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Hand Knit posted:

On first blush that seems good for Nashville and Colorado, and maybe a bit steep but not unreasonable for Ottawa.

They did get the best player in the trade, and probably added the 3rd to get rid of Hammond's salary

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Also:
https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/927328670775099392

Great timing.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Is the upgrade from Turris to Duchene worth a 1st, a 3rd and an 18–year old prospect?

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

LumpyGumby posted:

"Sounds like the deal is:

Duchene to #Sens

Turris to #Preds

Hammond, Bowers, Girard, Kamenev, NSH 2nd, OTT 1st, OTT 3rd to #Avs."

Also I'm hoping we might trade up if we're not too high in the dress this year. We'll see.

Girard definitely has lots of upside to him. Can play top four minutes with PK, Josi, and Ekholm. And he's 19.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Zeeman posted:

They did get the best player in the trade, and probably added the 3rd to get rid of Hammond's salary

Duchene in Colorado kinda reminds me of Phaneuf on the Randy Leafs, where the team as a whole is so bad that you're not actually sure how good the player is. Like, Ottawa is technically betting on Duchene being better on a better team, and there is a chance (I don't think it's very big) that they just flat downgraded.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

But yeah, a 2nd and Girard for Turris seems like a good deal for Nashville.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

LumpyGumby posted:

Girard can play in the NHL as a bottom or middle pairing defender and has a lot of room to grow. Kamenev is probably a future middle 6 centre. Bowers is kind of a lottery ticket.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

The Dirty Burger posted:

Is the upgrade from Turris to Duchene worth a 1st, a 3rd and an 18–year old prospect?
Value wise it's not far off but the Senators thinking they're immediate contenders and making this kind of move with that in mind is very questionable.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Trotz is like where the gently caress was this when I was coach and my top scorer was David freakin Legwand.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

yellowcar posted:

But yeah, a 2nd and Girard for Turris seems like a good deal for Nashville.

And Kamanev. But keeping their first and losing no roster players (Girard wouldn't have stuck the whole year) is pretty solid. Poile doesn't gently caress around.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

The first and Girard are the only things of real value. Kamenev is a depth skilled forward, Bowers was a late first that has done decently so far but not outstanding and hasn't risen any in value.

It's yet another futures heavy package that lacks any sure thing prospects much like the one Colorado got for O'Reilly (less actually). If you're surrendering a top line forward you need a youngster with a fair shot of being a top line/top pairing NHLer. There's nothing like that in what the Avs got, it's very much quantity over quality again and that has not worked for them before.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

So Ottawa goes sideways, Colorado gets a bunch of middle of the road assets for Duchene, and Nashville get Turris for a (maybe good) song?

Ugh, loving central.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Value wise it's not far off but the Senators thinking they're immediate contenders and making this kind of move with that in mind is very questionable.

You have Karlsson signed until next year, you’ve got to do something to try to take advantage of that

e: Also Duchene is younger than Turris and signed until next season, that's not insignificant

Zeeman fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Nov 6, 2017

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Duchene in Ott is bad for me :|

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

The Dirty Burger posted:

coyotes fan who does not forget: well you have to consider the locker room cancer aspect

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Kyle Turris' age 29-34 seasons are not gonna be worth $6M/year, this is very much a win right now move because that's going to be a bad contract for the last 3-4 years.

The Preds didn't give up much at least

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

ThinkTank posted:

The first and Girard are the only things of real value. Kamenev is a depth skilled forward, Bowers was a late first that has done decently so far but not outstanding and hasn't risen any in value.

It's yet another futures heavy package that lacks any sure thing prospects much like the one Colorado got for O'Reilly (less actually). If you're surrendering a top line forward you need a youngster with a fair shot of being a top line/top pairing NHLer. There's nothing like that in what the Avs got, it's very much quantity over quality again and that has not worked for them before.

If you had to choose between a Chiarelli return (say, Ryan Murray straight up) or this return, you're going to take this return every single time unless you're Peter Chiarelli.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Kilza posted:

If you had to choose between a Chiarelli return (say, Ryan Murray straight up) or this return, you're going to take this return every single time unless you're Peter Chiarelli.

Look, sometimes the man has to trade a good player for one considerably less talented to ensure that the pallour of gloom that hangs over Edmonton never dissipates and allows the wolves that feed on joy to return to the city and savage the populace like they did throughout the 80s.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

ThinkTank posted:

You need to get yourself a sergachev, friendo

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL
I'm a bit doubtful that a 1st, a 3rd, and last year's 1st rounder is worth slightly upgrading from Turris to Duchene, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. The trade should be fine if Ottawa drafts in the 16-30 range, but I really hope there's some lottery protection since the Atlantic looks decent this year.

Nashville made out like bandits though.

e: And I'm assuming the 3rd was a "please take Hammond's salary" move, just like the 2nd-for-Brassard's-signing-bonus trade.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Wonderllama posted:

You need to get yourself a sergachev, friendo

It should've started and ended with Chabot if Duchene was going to the Senators. If this was what Sakic was holding out for then... Yeah I dunno what he did all summer.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
For the Preds I think that’s a solid trade. not a great long term contract but the Preds don’t have that many bad contracts right now so I guess that’s ok?

They really need some forward scoring now though, and given that Johansen is the #1 center having Turris as a second line center, and then Bonino on the third line just adds a lot more depth right there.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Matt Barzal had 5 assists today and is now at 13 points in 14 games

Fire chiarelli

Also fire Sweeney (maybe)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/baltimoredavey/status/927345959520096256

Good take, imo

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Dorion holding onto Ceci is going to end up worse than holding onto Cowen.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

bub spank posted:

I'm a bit doubtful that a 1st, a 3rd, and last year's 1st rounder is worth slightly upgrading from Turris to Duchene, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. The trade should be fine if Ottawa drafts in the 16-30 range, but I really hope there's some lottery protection since the Atlantic looks decent this year.

Good news!

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/927356031985790976

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

bub spank posted:

Montreal, Florida and Buffalo are garbage fires rn and while I think Montreal might be able to climb out of that hole there's no chance Florida or Buffalo are getting any better. Detroit aren't keeping this up, they just aren't. Boston are somewhere in between good and bad. The Atlantic does not look decent this year.
Tampa are scary good and Toronto are Fun but if I were the Sens I wouldn't be too worried about a top-10 draft pick this year. And if I was, I wouldn't be keen on making next seasons pick unconditional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
The Montreal Canadien Hockey Club has won 2 consecutive games :stare: on the road :aaa: back to back :vince:

• Locked thread