Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Blazing Ownager posted:

There's a point in 2 where every single character abruptly goes insane for no reason that was so poo poo, and there was a lot of trash in the last half of the season. The first half wasn't bad.

Season 2 was just so silly I couldn't hate it; I'll admit that despite it's numerous flaws I had fun watching it. I mean the S2a villain was pirate Jesse McCartney and in 2b instead of making the main characters smarter they just made all the villains cartoonishly incompetent. The Cartel and the 3 Bromigos were all literally too evil to function. The protagonists didn't defeat the villains, the villains just lost lol. And I was pretty entertained by how they condensed the whole TWD farm season into 2 episodes, but if after discovering the zombie barn Rick murdered Hershel and Shane set everything on fire. If TWD is televised click-bait, then FTWD season 2 was a shitpost but I enjoyed it (mostly drunk though). It was bad but I at least got my laughs.

Acacia REI fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Nov 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

moist turtleneck posted:

okay they totally forgot an actor in that scene where the dude stabs the air

https://i.imgur.com/uBYTuAZ.gifv

Shameless empty quote for new page

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Imagine being bold enough to admit you were actually in that scene

:rip: in peace that guy's acting career

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
To think, their plan wouldn't have worked if it rained that day and everybody stayed inside

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.
What was up with the real bitchy lady yelling at the guy at the beginning? That whole thing really set a confusing tone for the rest of the episode.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Snorkzilla posted:

What was up with the real bitchy lady yelling at the guy at the beginning? That whole thing really set a confusing tone for the rest of the episode.

She was the one that forgot zombies existed until she let one eat her neck.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I love the fact that not only just us ITT, but the entire internet, mocked that scene so much the extra found out and was compelled to talk about it. :allears:

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Snorkzilla posted:

Saviors mean. Saviors bad. Killing Saviors not bad. Rick still hero. Rick not bad. ~ Writers Meeting

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

I can only blame myself for calling attention to this scene but I can't stop watching it. Send help.

What the gently caress is the bald dude laying down already and pointing his AR through his legs? I mean this insults community actors.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
I also just noticed that the line of cars in the back are also shooting as they drive in, which, to me, seems like a great way to kill their own people in the front cars...

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Bucswabe posted:

I also just noticed that the line of cars in the back are also shooting as they drive in, which, to me, seems like a great way to kill their own people in the front cars...

No they just have really good aim...

Oh, wait... uhhhhh

Quick get one of the extras to post on reddit about this

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
What strikes me about The Walking Dead (after starting the new season of Stranger Things) is how insanely cheap the production value is.

I mean I guess there's a lot of makeup and CG and a large cast of leads to pay... but the actual "look" of the show is just so crappy. It looks like some 90s poo poo.

For one of the biggest shows on any network, I'd expect more. Guess somebody is skimmin' off the top.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
My god. I skipped season 7 because it seemed like a load of poo poo after like 2 episodes.

That gif is all I need to conclude that I should skip season 8 too.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Gortarius posted:

My god. I skipped season 7 because it seemed like a load of poo poo after like 2 episodes.

Walk away. You made a great decision.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Gortarius posted:

Give the rest of us hope that one day we, too, can give up this show.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
It is a rare loving thing to make me drop a show out of quality rather than laziness but Walking Dead managed it. I loving survived five seasons of Falling Skies but TWD S7 was just too much.

McTimmy fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Apr 17, 2018

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I dipped after whatever the first Governator season was, dipped back in for the actually good first half of season... 6? The hospital one, I think? I heard there was a character who is Literally Jesus on the show now and checked this thread to see what's going on, and now I have zero desire to watch any of it at all. Good times.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
I loving love hate-watching this show, every god drat monday i get some good food, good drinks and i mercilessly rip into this trash show while howling with laughter until my cats are trying to claw through the walls to escape the never-ending cacophony of pure madness, spit, laughter and tears.

Only pussies quit TWD, real men ARE BORN INTO HATRED

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I managed it with Falling Skies. TWD is just too frustrating. It's like watching a toddler trying to put socks on and they're starting to get mad at their own feet and the frustration tears are coming and oh no its slipping off again and the heel is around the front. I'm not sure if the toddler is me, the cast or the writers.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Dongattack posted:

I loving love hate-watching this show, every god drat monday i get some good food, good drinks and i mercilessly rip into this trash show while howling with laughter until my cats are trying to claw through the walls to escape the never-ending cacophony of pure madness, spit, laughter and tears.

Only pussies quit TWD, real men ARE BORN INTO HATRED

Agreed, same

tays revenge
Aug 29, 2009

This show continues to not make any loving sense.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Man, they are trying so hard. It's pretty embarrassing.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
"Ezekiel has gone bye bye... Carol, you got anything left?"

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

OH MY GOD THEYRE STILL IN THE SHOOTOUT

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

It says a lot about Rick that he didn't deem it necessary to plan for people surrendering.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
great lets take a large number of dangerous adversaries into one of out encampments.
edit: thank god Daryl showed up so they can stop talking at each other

tomapot fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Nov 6, 2017

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

:laffo:

glad darryl still got common sense

Hexel fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Nov 6, 2017

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Thank you Daryl

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Daryl I love you man :lol:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
All that and Darryl just mercs him out of nowhere. I approve of this kind of plot momentum

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m glad they brought him back just for this moment.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Three surprise cast members on Talking Dead? People gonna die tonight.

theloosecannon
Sep 13, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I’m glad they brought him back just for this moment.

Definitely worth it for them to do SOMETHING interesting with it at least. It's sure out of the norm for the writers, no chance to "flip sides" or any of that.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee! ~Rolling Walkers

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
KILL THEM ALL :black101:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

MURDER MORGAN ONLY SEES DEATH NOW, JESUS.

tays revenge
Aug 29, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

MURDER MORGAN ONLY SEES DEATH NOW, JESUS.

Honestly, the one thing that makes sense this season. Are they doing their best to be abstract and nonsensical?

tays revenge
Aug 29, 2009

And what happened to poo poo britches or whatever that scene was about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Negan: We're going to war!!!
Everyone: The gently caress you talking about dude? We are the most ineffective fighting force since the Navy put puppies into sailor caps...