Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's going to win this mess?
This poll is closed.
Our New Canadian Overlords 19 35.19%
East Hartford FC 0 0%
Better World Cup Odds Than the USMNT 3 5.56%
28-3 4 7.41%
gently caress Anthony Precourt 9 16.67%
Our DV8 Doesn't Have a Brass Pole in It 5 9.26%
We're Not Repeating, Don't Vote for Us 5 9.26%
That Other...OTHER Canadian Team 2 3.70%
Only Palatable with Vodka 3 5.56%
Rock You Like a Hurrica...nevermind 3 5.56%
We Have the *Best* Luck in Away Knockout Games 0 0%
gently caress Chris Wondolowski for Belgium 1 1.85%
Total: 54 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Pirlo is passing poorly I thought he was supposed to be good at that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

El Jebus posted:

They rehydrated his mummy just for this ending.

Maybe should've used a little less water in his right leg if he's going to keep overhitting it like that.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Jack2142 posted:

He retired the day he went to mls.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Azerban posted:

new york teams gently caress off

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

This whole "win the 1st leg, barely manage to not lose it all in the 2nd" strategy isn't going to work in the ECF if both teams do it.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

whypick1 posted:

He got the Golden Boot in USL last year.

I guess thats pretty good, I guess its kind of cool that he is a backup to David Villa. So I guess I have one degree of Kevin Bacon to a World Cup winner somehow.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Jack2142 posted:

He was better at it when he first got here. Now, NYC might have legit been better off subbing in McNamara.

Anyway, Columbus through, Giovinco and Altidore suspended for the first leg, Team Chaos wins again

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

So I wonder who in the production team is getting their rear end kicked for showing "WE'RE loving DYNAMITE" on camera.

Holy hell Strong, where did that beard come from?

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Let's go Portland. I wanna see a Portland v Seattle showdown.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Interesting tifo, wonder how much that helps Portland's chances tonight...

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

TwoStepBoog posted:

Let's go Portland. I wanna see a Portland v Seattle showdown.

Totally 1000% agreed.

Bonus points if it snows during either match. (We had snow in Seattle today.)

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

"NO PITY IN THE ROSE CITY"

*boos when the other team doesn't play the ball out for an injured player*

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

whypick1 posted:

"NO PITY IN THE ROSE CITY"

*boos when the other team doesn't play the ball out for an injured player*

Maybe booing the death of another Timbers player?

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Let's go 3rd string rookie striker!

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

drat that was a nice save.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

The crowd was loving angry tonight at BMO field. If NYRB had gone through, thee might've been a riot. The ref was atrocious.

E: there's some great video out there of the tunnel scrum. I'll post it once I'm off mobile.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

That was some criminal marking by Portland's CBs there.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

GG Houston

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Thank god, we've been saved from extra time.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

whypick1 posted:

That was some criminal marking by Portland's CBs there.

Defense has never been the Timbers' strong suit.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

:woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

:siren: BICYCLE KICK QUOTA MET :siren:

Think the crowd would've broken the foundation of the stadium had that gone in.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Airmailed that kick

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Who wins if it stays like this

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

camoseven posted:

Who wins if it stays like this

Dynamo.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB20naV11FM

Good poo poo

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

KO and a broken nose

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Talk about knockout stage

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Indeed.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

That Manotas goal just made this entire awful series worth it.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

loving Manotas again

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

cool rear end goal

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given
:getin:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Oh noooo logmen

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

So much for seeing leg 2 in my backyard.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

8 minutes of stoppage time :laffo:

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Eight minutes. Holy poo poo. Still won't help...

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

whypick1 posted:

So much for seeing leg 2 in my backyard.

What do you mean, now you get to host leg 2!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

El Jebus posted:

What do you mean, now you get to host leg 2!

The 30 minute drive to Providence is slightly more convenient for me than the 3 hour trek to CLink.

I won't have to fight as many people for a ticket though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

This game was CONCACAF diarrhea

• Locked thread