Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdrgY7DANOs

There's a few music tracks, and I'll provide them as we get to them. Here's the current combat theme playing in the game.

The party gets up and fans out across the lawn, with Linchpin remaining in the back to keep his group covered.

As everyone closes in on their final spots, they see another person run out from behind the large building across the street. They can just barely see a gun in her hand.

When you aim at an enemy, you see the amount of seconds it'll take to shoot with your current shooting mode, the enemy's health condition, and your chance to hit. Even with Earp's high skill and the spread of a shotgun, he's liable to do little to no damage at such a range, especially shooting through that wrought iron fence.

Enemies
* Hooligan (Unconscious, Mortally Wounded) - .38 Special Revolver
* Hooligan (Healthy) - Browning Hi-Power

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

If I can get reasonable odds of hitting by aiming in, do that, otherwise I should be able to head a bit left to get the full stone wall between me and her, and then run up to its cover, catch my breath and aim up from there, right?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Earp currently has a remote chance with an aimed shotgun blast and he’s closer than you, so I get the feeling you won’t hit much of anything at that long range.

Also I want to point out that you’re as far left as you can get against that wall. For some reason the game makes it impossible to path any closer, possibly because of a map edge.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

Wait, did we just leave the entire other side uncovered? Er...oops.

Run north and aim west, down the "north" fence on the map.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

Earp currently has a remote chance with an aimed shotgun blast and he’s closer than you, so I get the feeling you won’t hit much of anything at that long range.

Also I want to point out that you’re as far left as you can get against that wall. For some reason the game makes it impossible to path any closer, possibly because of a map edge.

Huh. Interesting. Does that mean that if I advanced I'd be out of cover?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

xthetenth posted:

Huh. Interesting. Does that mean that if I advanced I'd be out of cover?

Right now the conscious Hooligan is so far away from everyone that she’s unlikely to hit anyone, but you’re all equally unlikely to hit her. You’re not really at the range for a handgun fight yet.

That being said, don’t assume that you know how many attackers there are until combat ends....

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Walk up towards the wall then, ready to crouch and return fire if the enemy engages before I get there.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I re-read your post and I may have misconstrued your question!

Dessert is as far left as she can go, and there's the map boundary keeping her from getting any closer. However, the section of wall running parallel to the road is usable as cover. So you can run up to that for cover from the living Hooligan.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

I re-read your post and I may have misconstrued your question!

Dessert is as far left as she can go, and there's the map boundary keeping her from getting any closer. However, the section of wall running parallel to the road is usable as cover. So you can run up to that for cover from the living Hooligan.

I'm linchpin, but I think you've got my intent now. Advance in the shadow of the wall parallel to the road so I don't have to worry about being ready to draw at a moment's notice.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

xthetenth posted:

I'm linchpin, but I think you've got my intent now. Advance in the shadow of the wall parallel to the road so I don't have to worry about being ready to draw at a moment's notice.

Oh yeah, I know who everyone is. I was just saying she’s sort of the “boundary marker” for everyone.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The second enemy is gone! She's still there, but now that you don't have direct line of sight her model has disappeared. Everyone can see everything that at least one merc can see, but enemies that you don't have line of sight to are invisible.

Dessert, realizing their rear is exposed, turns around and rushes to the back of the hotel just in case anyone tries to sneak up on them.

The rest of the group continues to move up. Linchpin is still making the jog.

Suddenly, a third enemy is spotted all the way down the road!

I'm not sure what "Wrong Target" refers to, but it comes up if you're kinda aiming at an enemy but aren't actually targeting a specific body part. This was the best I could get to show her from your angle because at this distance the bad guy is like 2 pixels tall.

She's well over 100 yards away, but she's coming to the fight.

And she's bringing something bigger.

Enemies
* Hooligan (Unconscious, Mortally Wounded) - .38 Special Revolver
* Hooligan (Healthy) - TOZ-66

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Nov 5, 2017

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

That something being the un-shortened TOZ-66 that was cut from S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Okay, I put up that 24 hour turn deadline and nobody has posted a turn. What action should I take here to keep the game moving?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
Whoops, my bad! "Slice the pie" around the corner, continuing to aim west.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Coordinated dance routine in the open.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

chitoryu12 posted:

Okay, I put up that 24 hour turn deadline and nobody has posted a turn. What action should I take here to keep the game moving?

I think just playing the turn is best, it's not like you're going to try to get anyone killed

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

poo poo, sorry. Continue my jog towards cover.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

If you guys are fine with it, I can always take control after the 24 hour period and run the turn myself if nobody is able to provide orders. I'll still put in everything that's given to me today up until I get home and run it, though.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Also I checked my info again and I got gun balance swapped. A balance below 50 is toward the muzzle, and a balance above 50 is toward the stock. This is also affected by accessories, so loading down an assault rifle with a grenade launcher and drum mags can bring the balance all the way to 0.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

As she finishes turning the corner, Dessert realizes she made the right choice in covering their six.

It would be a stretch to hit him from this range, but maaaaybe the buckshot could accomplish it with some luck.

Looks like someone bought the Uzi from the local dealers....

Dessert takes cover behind the nearby wall instead of remaining in the open, which proves to be a wise decision as a burst of 9mm fire rakes through the air right where she was standing a second before!

Cameron moves up to take cover behind the car and French tourists as the shotgun-wielding gangster jogs down the street to close the distance.

Linchpin may not be able to hear the guy with the pistol, but he can sure as hell hear him moving closer. Fortunately, the hooligan with the revolver takes his final breaths.

Enemies
* Hooligan (Healthy) - Mini Uzi

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Nov 7, 2017

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Catch my breath and ready a shot on any enemy that rounds the corner. Take a quick look at what Earp's doing. If a guy stops with a shot on me, shoot first.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Stop, crouch, and aim. As soon as the chance to hit looks decent, open up!

Also one of you jerks with an SMG should've come this way; this matchup seems more your speed!

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Have Earp cover the wall that the hooligan is behind near Linchpin.

I'm hidden from the one in the street with the shotty, and could make a dash for cover behind a car or tree or pillar or something to get a shot at them, but then I'd be popped in the back by the one with the pistol on the opposite side of the wall from X. So we gotta deal with the pistol hooligan first, wait for them to poke around the edge and blast 'em.

E: I see Cameron is now in prime "get shot in the back by pistol hooligan" territory that I was thinking of moving to, so let's definitely deal with pistol hooligan before they get Cameron.

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Nov 7, 2017

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

I have to say, I was expecting something closer to the first mission in terms of hostiles. What did this weirdo do to warrant this kind of muscle and fire power?

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
Where is verchic?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Quinntan posted:

Where is verchic?

Against the eastern wall, behind Linchpin.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
Am I able to get to where Dessert is?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Quinntan posted:

Am I able to get to where Dessert is?

It's a straight shot that will take up your entire turn to get most of the way there at a jog. If you sprint you'll get there in a few seconds.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
Sprint to Dessert and take cover

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Davin Valkri posted:

Stop, crouch, and aim. As soon as the chance to hit looks decent, open up!

Also one of you jerks with an SMG should've come this way; this matchup seems more your speed!

I'm going to see if I can do a fast turn while keeping you crouched. If not, you're going to have to stand up so you can quickly pop back and forth around that wall to maintain proper cover.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Actually, would dropping my pistol and unslinging my MAT let me be more accurate at range/more likely to score a hit?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

xthetenth posted:

Actually, would dropping my pistol and unslinging my MAT let me be more accurate at range/more likely to score a hit?

Yes, the MAT-49 is more accurate and can be stabilized with the stock to let you hit targets at longer range. It'll take a few seconds, though.

Also, if you're firing a gun in full auto I recommend giving me a recommended burst size. Otherwise I'll set it to whatever I think is appropriate, which may use more or less ammo than you intended.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

I'm still at pretty long range to the enemies on the south side of the map, right? I think that might be well worth doing while I catch my breath.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

xthetenth posted:

I'm still at pretty long range to the enemies on the south side of the map, right? I think that might be well worth doing while I catch my breath.

The game doesn't give exact distances, but I'd estimate that you're currently around 50-75 yards from the one with the shotgun and you'd be around the same distance from the one with the Uzi. That being said, you need to move to engage either target and the one with the pistol is likely coming around the corner in a few seconds.

The good news is that everything is lined up so she should run into Earp's sights first. The bad news is that Earp had better be one fast draw.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

The game doesn't give exact distances, but I'd estimate that you're currently around 50-75 yards from the one with the shotgun and you'd be around the same distance from the one with the Uzi. That being said, you need to move to engage either target and the one with the pistol is likely coming around the corner in a few seconds.

The good news is that everything is lined up so she should run into Earp's sights first. The bad news is that Earp had better be one fast draw.

I mean that is literally Earp's job description.

I'll hold on to my pistol until the first one's dealt with.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Verchic turns and runs for the security of the only other female in the group.

Turning, Cameron has a good view of the enemy behind the wall...and she has a good view of him.

The pair exchange several shots. She misses, but Cameron's last round hits her square in the stomach. She stumbles, the wound nearly enough to be fatal on its own.

Dessert preps herself, then pops out and fires a quick shot from the shoulder. Unfortunately, the buckshot spreads enough that not a single pellet hits him. She returns to cover before he can fire.

Cameron starts running for cover, but the bad guy has a bead on him. And Earp is just a little bit too far to the side, so he can't follow up with a shotgun blast to protect him unless he moves.

Enemies
* Hooligan (Heavily Wounded) - Browning Hi-Power
* Hooligan (Healthy) - Mini Uzi

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Switch to my SMG. Aim in on the long range hooligan. Try for a burst of 1 round if I've got reasonable chance to hit.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Lucky bastard. Shoot again!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

xthetenth posted:

Switch to my SMG. Aim in on the long range hooligan. Try for a burst of 1 round if I've got reasonable chance to hit.

Do you want me to move Linchpin so you have an angle on him? Right now he's blocked by the wall you're using as cover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

Do you want me to move Linchpin so you have an angle on him? Right now he's blocked by the wall you're using as cover.
Once I've switched, yeah.

• Locked thread