Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Here they talked of revolution,
Here it was they lit the flame,
Here they sang about tomorrow and tomorrow never came.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

An Andalus long united, divides. Long divided, unites gets gobbled up by France.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

"Andalusi Asturias"-???

That means we (assuming "we" are still al-Andalus) own it but it isn't connected to our capital.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Pakled posted:

That means we (assuming "we" are still al-Andalus) own it but it isn't connected to our capital.

Who the hell's in charge of the remnants of Al-Andalus, though? Some kind of regency?

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!
Yeah, it just happens because rebels weren't able (or didn't need) to claim every last inch of Iberia before enforcing their demands. I'll just cede those last few bits to them myself though.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
So we're Warlord Era China then.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Vicky 2 Iberia event chain will just be the reconquista only 500 years late.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Hashim posted:

Yeah, it just happens because rebels weren't able (or didn't need) to claim every last inch of Iberia before enforcing their demands. I'll just cede those last few bits to them myself though.

Perfect.

We did all of this, and it was Bavaria that got the Revolution. And when the revolutionary armies reach the Pyrenees, they're going to take one look at this mess and go "gently caress no."

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Perfect.

We did all of this, and it was Bavaria that got the Revolution. And when the revolutionary armies reach the Pyrenees, they're going to take one look at this mess and go "gently caress no."

When I saw that Bavaria got the revolution I knew we were done. This is the best way to go down, Balkanization style :tito:

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Soup du Jour posted:

I take solace in the fact that we aren't yet as big of failures as Japan.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Man, gently caress Bavaria for stealing our Revolution. Although, does that popup mean that the disaster just started for them, or that the rebels won and they get all the special modifiers? If it's the former, we might be able to beat them to collapse.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
finally, a glorious patchwork of regulations

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

time to gently caress off to the colonies.

iberia was lame anyways.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
You know, I honestly feel like we didn't even do that much wrong. Like we really tried to make Al-Andalus work, and its half a miracle that we survived as long as we did with few allies and two stronger enemies to our north and our south.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Hashim posted:

The future of Al Andalus is as bright as ever! (spoilers from next update)

Talk about getting out of our way to lose the game.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

A decent chunk of our failure can be chalked up to the factions system only letting us do one thing at a time, which especially tanked colonization- while the AI was running all its colonists at max speed the entire game we were artificially constrained to 1 or 0 for entire centuries. Or how at times we'd be able to have a decent army but get hosed by Morocco/the Celts because no navy, or we could have a good navy but get hosed by France because of a poo poo army.

I'm sure we still hosed up quite a bit through our own errors, though, we're goons after all.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Crazycryodude posted:

A decent chunk of our failure can be chalked up to the factions system only letting us do one thing at a time, which especially tanked colonization- while the AI was running all its colonists at max speed the entire game we were artificially constrained to 1 or 0 for entire centuries. Or how at times we'd be able to have a decent army but get hosed by Morocco/the Celts because no navy, or we could have a good navy but get hosed by France because of a poo poo army.
I don't know, those restrictions surely made for an interesting story.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Oh, yeah, I rather liked them actually and they were a good way to stop us blobbing out of control. But to still stay competitive while artificially restricting yourself like that takes a halfway decent player which the hivemind.... is not. Although we still did manage to do pretty good the first couple centuries.

Vinny Possum
Sep 21, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

art

Edit-So:

Qadis-Taifa Majlis Warmongering idiots

Toledo-Sunni Jizrunids Misguided Royalists

Granada-Shia Jizrunids Ali-loving heretics that drove us to ruin

Cordoba-Sunni fanatics Allah's Cleansing Flame

Catalonia/Portugal/Castille-Separatist movements Infidel dogs (except Catalonia)

"Andalusi Asturias"-??? Bickering fools

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

:vince:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

:perfect:

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

:five:

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

:eyepop:

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015

Crazycryodude posted:

Man, gently caress Bavaria for stealing our Revolution. Although, does that popup mean that the disaster just started for them, or that the rebels won and they get all the special modifiers? If it's the former, we might be able to beat them to collapse.

If they were the Revolution Target, they would be called Revolutionary Bavaria, have a new flag, and have an icon at the bottom of the screen next to the HRE menu. That message just meant they triggered the disaster, not that they lost to it.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Yeah we kind of got hosed over by the faction system rules, but that's okay because when has the goon country ever gotten this bad this is awesome

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Accurate.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Holy poo poo

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Rodyle posted:

Yeah we kind of got hosed over by the faction system rules, but that's okay because when has the goon country ever gotten this bad this is awesome

Agreed. It's actually kinda refreshing to lose for once, nearly every other LP always has the player nation in the top 3 at least, and don't even get me started on PopeLP....

Vinny Possum
Sep 21, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Pope LP is a lot of fun, but I totally get where you're coming from. Plus, it'll be fun to claw our way back.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

So, i'm wondering how this division is going to work with EU4's mechanics. I kinda want to see a sort of spanish civil war scenario with the powers around us backing different factions to set up a puppet andalus state, but i fear the EU4 AI is just going to try to annex everything it can because it's a big single minded dummy.

But in the case it works like i want to, i for one welcome our new Moroccan overlords.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Frionnel posted:

So, i'm wondering how this division is going to work with EU4's mechanics. I kinda want to see a sort of spanish civil war scenario with the powers around us backing different factions to set up a puppet andalus state, but i fear the EU4 AI is just going to try to annex everything it can because it's a big single minded dummy.

But in the case it works like i want to, i for one welcome our new Moroccan overlords.

this system would work really well for vicky 2 in terms of proxy wars leading to reunification under a puppet government

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Crazycryodude posted:

Agreed. It's actually kinda refreshing to lose for once, nearly every other LP always has the player nation in the top 3 at least, and don't even get me started on PopeLP....

PopeLP owns actually

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Don't get me wrong, it owns so hard, but I don't think we were supposed to win quite as much as we did....

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

I'm really glad we're going into Victoria 2 ripe to be a birthplace of liberal unificationist nationalism.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
:vince:

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
Honestly? I don't think the factions system was really our downfall. We were just surrounded by strong enemies with few and distant friends. At sea, We were contending with both the Celtic Empire and Morroco without enjoying the geographic isolation of either. We have a land border with France which is, well, France. Our forces fought hard and long but at the end of the day we were not set up for great success.

edit: I would really like to see ourselves find a way to claw our way back

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

The faction system only constrainted us at colonization and province conversion. We could always deal with the later with tolerance, but there was nothing to do for the former. The extra cash from all the colonies we could have had wouldn't save us but it also wouldn't hurt.

Agean90 posted:

this system would work really well for vicky 2 in terms of proxy wars leading to reunification under a puppet government

Yeah i was thinking that too. EU4 needs some heavy scripting to make something like this work. But on the other side Hashim did a great job with the Fitna so i trust him on this.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

This more or less sums up the Senate through the last few updates.

Just about all of the credit should go to Thanquol, whose image I based this off of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Rodyle posted:

when has the goon country ever gotten this bad this is awesome

Flamboyant Schemers