Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

:preacher:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtJDrEEGkoU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

lol

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

reading yospos on probation

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjffbkjaFJA

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
i have a brand new MBP thanks to an insurance claim and it's driving me loving nuts. the escape key is on the touchbar and is non-tactile. i touch-type and frequently feel for the escape key with my pinky to orient myself, so i'm constantly escaping out ouf dialog boxes and menus and poo poo and i want to throw the fuckin' thing out the window. not to mention i had to buy $40 adapters for USB3, thunderbolt 1/2, ethernet, etc..

gently caress this thing, i'm gonna give it to my wife in the new year and buy a hp zbook g4 (I need something avid media composer qualified)

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
who doesn't remap caps lock to esc on even non-touchbars?

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/927386008861265920

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Dillbag posted:

i touch-type and frequently feel for the escape key with my pinky to orient myself

Okay well that's surely a bad habit.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/VjfSGjZ.gifv

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

i remember reading that she's basically an actress and the guy filming her in all this stuff is the actual hacker and they teamed up because they could make lots of money with her face on his work. did i imagine that?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

she's on the wiki

References[edit]
Ong, Alexis (2017-06-24). "SexyCyborg is Dismantling Cliches About Women in Tech, One Boob Shot at a Time". Vice.

lol

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

ahhh man i miss my mattebook

still waiting on a matte screen mod for the newer models

i still miss my 2011 matte hi-res mbp. replaced it with a 2014 mba that gets 6x battery life and is 25% the weight tho. the discrete gpu wasn't worth it.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

cis autodrag posted:

i remember reading that she's basically an actress and the guy filming her in all this stuff is the actual hacker and they teamed up because they could make lots of money with her face on his work. did i imagine that?

you shouldnt read youtube comments

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

cis autodrag posted:

MAKE CEO just couldnt handle a woman doing tech. his brain froze.

Pierre Chaton
Sep 1, 2006

George posted:

you shouldnt read youtube comments

it's been a pretty common kneejerk reaction here as well. i don't think there's any evidence that she's anything other than she presents herself as.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Father Jack posted:

it's been a pretty common kneejerk reaction here as well. i don't think there's any evidence that she's anything other than she presents herself as.

the existence of buff outdoorsy male nerds is already too much for some people brains

the media literally programmed people to think smart is ugly

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

my posts are the basketball hoop

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

milkie is the kid, post button is the ball, hoop changes from 5 to 1

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/AbbottabadImage/status/926456546355236865

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

powder that makes you BLAM

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

we're doomed

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://giant.gfycat.com/GlisteningWhiteLeafbird.webm

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

i know people have said this a thousand times before, but please dont post a gif of me as a young child. i was both young and inexperienced in my ways of the rim.

i have since studied Wing Chun, Tai Chi Quan, Mei Hua Quan, Ba Gua Zhang, Ba Ji, Praying Mantis, Qin Na, and Xing Yi Quan and you may now know me as Hoops Barkley.

DiggityDoink fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Nov 6, 2017

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

DiggityDoink posted:

i know people have said this a thousand times before, but please dont post a gif of me as a young child. i was both young and inexperienced in my ways of the rim.

i have since studied Wing Chun, Tai Chi Quan, Mei Hua Quan, Ba Gua Zhang, Ba Ji, Praying Mantis, Qin Na, and Xing Yi Quan and you may now know me as Hoops Barkley.

echinopsis fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Nov 6, 2017

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

namaste cucksan

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I am merely long egg :smith:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

i am lengthened egg

therefore, i have won

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

making me the victor

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
i am prolapsed egg

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

MILLENIALS !!!

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

cis autodrag posted:

i've read that but haven't seen it actually backed up by anything other than "she has tits so how can she tech good?"
anyway she makes a certain type of nerd insanely angry just by existing and doing her thing, and would own for that alone even if nothing else

quote:

SOS Brutalism — Save the Concrete Monsters on display at the Deutsches Architekturmuseum (DAM) in Frankfurt/Main, Germany!

2.5 years in the making, in this exhibition Brutalism is reexamined with unusually large-scale models and cast concrete miniatures. The show takes you on a world trip with buildings from all continents. Icons of Brutalism such as the Boston City Hall will be on display along exciting new discoveries from previously little researched regions.
frankfurt goonmeet anyone???

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

big scary monsters posted:

i've read that but haven't seen it actually backed up by anything other than "she has tits so how can she tech good?"
anyway she makes a certain type of nerd insanely angry just by existing and doing her thing, and would own for that alone even if nothing else

twosideddice
Jan 7, 2009

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

the existence of buff outdoorsy male nerds is already too much for some people brains

the media literally programmed people to think smart is ugly

I am the media stereotype

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

big scary monsters posted:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
the basketball hoop is raggedy af and broken, so

checks out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

da muthafuckin sharia zone

• Locked thread