Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
random gold got removed and you're no longer allowed to repick when you aren't given a mid hero? ty valve for saving all-pick mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011
What's the best core mirana build these days? I've been going aquila, phase, maelstrom with all the right click talents and it's been working pretty well. Is the magic damage build with agh's still any good?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Brinner posted:

It's actually good and cool. The stat gain is nice and the slow helps landing all your spells and being the annoying pos you are. Add a linkens and an MKB and you poo poo out damage and are pretty untouchable. The meme build is to go treads into 5 javelins and watch your Q proc for 1600 dmg a hit.

I keep seeing people do it and have no impact, I've had way more success going halberd/Atos, or Radiance and being disruptive than trying to be pure damage.

uninverted posted:

What's the best core mirana build these days? I've been going aquila, phase, maelstrom with all the right click talents and it's been working pretty well. Is the magic damage build with agh's still any good?

Not nearly as much since the second star doesn't come down from the agh's anymore.

Radical posted:

the actual dueling fates update page mentioned how the ability worked, but the ingame tooltip does not

That's a pretty critical thing to leave out!

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Cuntellectual posted:

That's a pretty critical thing to leave out!

The patch seems slightly rushed on the development/fine detail side of things. Supports the idea that a fire's been lit under their asses.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Good.

also every meepo gives pango a stack of his w :lol:

To clarify, you CAN stack over 100% damage resist.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Nov 6, 2017

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Cuntellectual posted:

Good.

also every meepo gives pango a stack of his w :lol:

To clarify, you CAN stack over 100% damage resist.

Lmao

Pang confirmed hard meepo counter

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

Cuntellectual posted:

I keep seeing people do it and have no impact, I've had way more success going halberd/Atos, or Radiance and being disruptive than trying to be pure damage.

He's flexible enough to be able to build him however you want. I think the no impact part is more to do with how plebs try to play him. He's actually great fun in an aggro trilane I found out last night.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Brinner posted:

He's flexible enough to be able to build him however you want. I think the no impact part is more to do with how plebs try to play him. He's actually great fun in an aggro trilane I found out last night.

IMO outside hilarious quirks like that Meepo one he's pretty versatile in an average way, while not having much of a specific enough niche to see tourney play (although that average versatility might in fact be his niche; he works pretty decently in every role but carry, so he could work as a Safe Pick). Kind of like how Ursa is real good in pugs, but in tourneys turns into a kite

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

Neurolimal posted:

IMO outside hilarious quirks like that Meepo one he's pretty versatile in an average way, while not having much of a specific enough niche to see tourney play (although that average versatility might in fact be his niche; he works pretty decently in every role but carry, so he could work as a Safe Pick). Kind of like how Ursa is real good in pugs, but in tourneys turns into a kite

Yeah that's his main issue. I can think of 5 heros I'd rather have in the respective role before thinking about pangolier. Who knows maybe iceiceice will just blow everyone's mind and dominate with it enough to become popular.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I feel like there's going to be some mind blowing play with Pango + tusk shards or Shaker fissure or whatever where he pinballs back and forth 5 times.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
zai was doing work as pango last night w/soul ring->vanguard->blink->diffusal. presumably abyssal comes after that

i'm not sure what he offers over other offlane blink initiators, though, except he farms lane creeps v fast and has really good uptime on his skills. oh and he's really fun to play

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Pango would be a lot better if Q scaled off attack damage and his ult wasn't extremely hard to control in tight spaces.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://www.dotabuff.com/heroes/trends

loving Venge and Antimage are edging close to 60% winrate :getin:

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
707b: http://store.steampowered.com/news/34339/

==

* Backdoor Protection damage reduction increased from 25% to 40%

* Aeon Disk: Recipe cost reduced from 1750 to 1675
* Mask of Madness: Armor reduction increased from 6 to 7
* Battle Fury damage reduced from 50 to 45
* Meteor Hammer: DPS reduced from 60/115 to 50/90 (building/units)
* Meteor Hammer: Now deals 75/150 impact damage (buildings/units)

* Anti-Mage: Strength gain reduced from 1.5 to 1.3
* Anti-Mage: Base Intelligence reduced from 15 to 12
* Anti-Mage: Spell Shield reduced from 26/34/42/50% to 20/30/40/50%
* Anti-Mage: Level 15 changed from Blink Uncontrollable Illusion to +15 Agility
* Anti-Mage: Level 20 changed from +10 All Stats to Blink Uncontrollable Illusion
* Anti-Mage: Level 25 reduced from +30% Spell Shield to +25%
* Anti-Mage: Illusion talent incoming damage increased from 250% to 300%
* Anti-Mage: Fixed the illusion talent being able to be placed inside of your hero

* Bane: Level 10 Talent changed from Enfeeble Steals Damage to +100 Cast Range
* Bane: Level 15 Talent changed from +150 Cast Range to Enfeeble Steals Damage

* Beastmaster: Wild Axes manacost increased from 60/65/70/75 to 80
* Beastmaster: Level 20 Talent reduced from +120 Wild Axes Damage to +100
* Beastmaster: Boar damage reduced from 20/30/40/50 to 16/24/32/40

* Dark Willow: Bramble maze now does its damage over time (on 0.5 second intervals)
* Dark Willow: Bedlam cooldown rescaled from 20 to 40/30/20
* Dark Willow: Bedlam damage reduced from 75/150/225 to 60/140/220
* Dark Willow: Cursed Crown cast range reduced from 800 to 600

* Dragon Knight: Level 15 Talent changed from +40% XP Gain to +35 Damage

* Drow: Level 20 Talent increased from +1.5s Gust Duration to +2s
* Drow: Precision Aura reduced from 20/26/32/38% to 16/22/28/34%

* Lone Druid: Spirit Bear HP regen increased from 2/3/4/5 to 4/5/6/7

* Medusa: Strength gain reduced from 1.95 to 1.5
* Medusa: Level 10 Talent increased from 10% Evasion to +12%
* Medusa: Level 15 Talent increased from 10% Mystic Snake Mana Steal to +15%
* Medusa: Level 20 Talent increased from +2s Stone Gaze Duration to +2.5s
* Medusa: Split Shot damage from 35/50/65/80% to 30/45/60/75%

* Mirana: Agility from 20 + 3.6 to 18 + 3.2

* Morphling: Restored in Captain's Mode
* Morphling: Adaptive Strike (Agility) min damage multiplier increased from 0.25 to 0.5
* Morphling: Adaptive Strike (Agility) max damage multiplier increased from 0.5/1.0/1.5/2.0 to 1.0/1.5/2.0/2.5
* Morphling: Adaptive Strike (Strength) min stun increased from 0.25 to 0.5
* Morphling: Attribute Shift Bonus Agility and Strength increased from 3/4/5/6 to 4/5/6/7
* Morphling: Level 10 Talent changed from +20 Movement Speed to +300 Waveform Range
* Morphling: Level 25 Talent changed from +800 Waveform Range to 2 Waveform Charges

* Kunkka: Level 25 Talent reduced from 4 Ghost Ships to 3

* Pangolier: Swashbuckle now changes your attack damage to 24/42/60/78 rather than just dealing physical damage as an independent nuke (this means the listed amount can now proc for lifesteal, crit, etc)
* Pangolier: Shield Crash damage reduction increased from 8/10/12/14 to 9/12/15/18%
* Pangolier: Shield Crash now causes you to move forward 225 units (can traverse terrain with it)
* Pangolier: Rolling Thunder now has a 1.2s cast time rather than a 1.2s channel period
* Pangolier: Rolling Thunder turn rate increased from 105/110/115 to 120
* Pangolier: Rolling Thunder speed increased from 550/575/600 to 600
* Pangolier: Rolling Thunder speed is now fixed
* Pangolier: Rolling Thunder damage increased from 200/250/300 to 200/275/350
* Pangolier: Fixed Swashbuckle attacks not affecting Spell Immune units
* Pangolier: Level 25 Talent increased from -12s Rolling Thunder to -16s

* Riki: Level 15 Talent increased from -4s Smokescreen Cooldown to -5s
* Riki: Base agility reduced from 34 to 30

* Spirit Breaker: Netherstrike cooldown rescaled from 80/70/60 to 100/80/60

* Sven: God's Strength reduced from 12/24/36 to 10/20/30
* Sven: Level 25 Talent increased from -8s Stormhammer Cooldown to -9s

* Templar Assassin: Level 10 Talent increased from +200 Health to +250
* Templar Assassin: Psionic Traps bonus damage increased from 100/125/150 to 175/250/325

* Tiny: Base strength increased by 4
* Tiny: Tree Grab cooldown from 40/32/24/16 to 15
* Tiny: Tree Grab splash damage from 70% to 100%
* Tiny: Tree Grab unit bonus damage increased from 25% to 30%
* Tiny: Tree Grab attack count increased from 2/3/4/5 to 2/3/4/6
* Tiny: Grow attack speed reduction rescaled from -30 to -20/25/30
* Tiny: Tossed unit bonus damage increased from 20% to 30%
* Tiny: Level 10 Talent increased from +25 Damage to +30
* Tiny: Level 10 Talent increased from +15% Magic Resistance to +20%

* Vengeful Spirit: Allied Death Illusion duration reduced from 7 to 6
* Vengeful Spirit: Base damage reduced by 3

* Visage: Familiar attack damage increased from 25/40/55 to 30/45/60

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

So Daedalus Pangolier?

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

325 damage psionic traps sounds pretty hilarious

Lanaya confirmed Techie Assassin

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ambivalent posted:

325 damage psionic traps sounds pretty hilarious

Lanaya confirmed Techie Assassin

unfort its DoT.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Okay that Bane change was super needed. I kinda hope the autoattack thing stays viable, just not as insane as it was.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Kild posted:

unfort its DoT.

Can you stack multiple instances of it?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Tiny and morph are uncooked and soggy. Coulda used a bit more time in the oven boys.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ambivalent posted:

Can you stack multiple instances of it?

no it just refreshes

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Cuntellectual posted:

Okay that Bane change was super needed. I kinda hope the autoattack thing stays viable, just not as insane as it was.

It probably will; even without 200 free damage he can still get 3-6 seconds of free autoattacks and a 100 damage drain advantage, he is hilariously good in the mid lane right now. If he eats another nerf it will probably be reducing enfeeble's 20 second duration and miniscule manacost increased.

And even if his AD build gets dumpstered, he always has that ridiculous +7s duration boost to his magic immunity piercing ult.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Noob posting

Lifestealer is so much fun. I see a lot of Spirit Breaker and Riki at my level, so I just hop along for the ride then bust out for crazy assists. I love Dota 2.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Agoat posted:

Noob posting

Lifestealer is so much fun. I see a lot of Spirit Breaker and Riki at my level, so I just hop along for the ride then bust out for crazy assists. I love Dota 2.

At low levels even on a lane people often commit too hard against Lifestealer and can be punished pretty quickly for doing so.

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot
img oing to delete this post before it gets too popular: meteor hammer elder titan

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot
Wow thanks for the update

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

grats on the snatch wangsbig

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Might be a little early to say but it looks like Pango is still dogshit even after the changes.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Reality Winner posted:

grats on the snatch wangsbig

is he dating another goonette???

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

gangnam reference posted:

img oing to delete this post before it gets too popular: meteor hammer elder titan

its good

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Bane changes are stupid because they encourage pubbies to do hard carry bane builds and therefore throw game.

uninverted
Nov 10, 2011
Undying rules. You know the feeling of invincibility you get as a carry when things are going really really well in the late game? The first ten minutes of every match are like that.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
How do I communicate to my team that dota isn't a zero sum game and every time I kill an enemy hero they're no obligated to feed them a kill back?

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

SweetBro posted:

How do I communicate to my team that dota isn't a zero sum game and every time I kill an enemy hero they're no obligated to feed them a kill back?

> Well played!

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Le Saboteur posted:

At low levels even on a lane people often commit too hard against Lifestealer and can be punished pretty quickly for doing so.

My favorite thing is fighting a tanky hero. I can more life than they can dish out and its amazing.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

TOOT BOOT posted:

Might be a little early to say but it looks like Pango is still dogshit even after the changes.

Think of him as being sort of like Slardar. He's very tanky, very mobile, does decent damage and decent crowd control. He's really relevant at all points in the game.

The way I build him is Q E Q W Q R Q W with the mana regen, shield crash, and swashbuckle talents. Magic wand + tangos and faerie fire to start, then treads into aquilla or drums

Depending on comp/how the game's going, get Radiance, Halberd, or Diffusal as a core item then move onto BKB, Pipe, Octarine, Abyssal or Shiva's.

Save your Q in the lane to escape from ganks. You're basically impossible to kill without hardcore CC dedicated to you. Orb of Venom is godly against weak lanes. QW clears waves and camps insanely fast.

Harass with swashbuckle if you can, but make sure to hit R in a safe spot; You're not magic immune until you start actually rolling. Don't try to make tight turns, make wide rolls to hit people more than once. It adds up to do an immense amount of damage. Your ult has an extremely low CD, so don't be afraid to use it.

Blink Dagger is also super good since you don't need to turn to use it and it can get you a free roll hit.

ps also oh yeah axe is your worst enemy.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Nov 7, 2017

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Dont forget that Swashbuckle has both really long range and is wider than it looks, so 1) don't take unecessary harass charging forward with it when laning and 2) try to avoid pushing the lane with it if they're doing a good job of controlling the lane.

Javelins really are great if you're in a match where you have very little harass to fear, 1100 gold for a 1/4 chance for 100 damage for each of your 4 swashes is pretty good. I'd at least get two for Basher and maybe MKB.

Diffusal is pretty funny since your wisp-style lack of turning to use items means you can easily slow anyone chasing you. Plus 70-100 mana to burn 200 of an enemies' mana is a pretty decent trade.

When ganking and lategame, Heartpiercer is really good against armor-reliant heroes like Dragon Knight and Terrorblade. It can also remove Axe's 40 taunt armor but that requires hitting him before he does it + him being dumb enough to taunt after it's applied.

e: is Turbo dead already

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Nov 7, 2017

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

SweetBro posted:

Tilting your crybaby carry might be a zero sum game though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

I wish i could say i was this kunkka, but alas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEY3IhF9g_E