Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

id put all the terrible chinese romhacks like shrek 7 and final fantasy 15, all the epic poo poo

win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Bell_ posted:

If I got one of those, I'd stuff translated roms of Seikendensetsu 3 and Romancing SaGa 3. I'm assuming Romancing SaGa 2 and Bahamut Lagoon have also been translated by now, so I'd but them on too. Also, Front Mission. I played the HELL out of that game.

Romancing SaGa 2 has an official English release if you are okay with playing it on your phone.The translation is still fan patch quality though.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

P-Mack posted:

Romancing SaGa 2 has an official English release if you are okay with playing it on your phone.The translation is still fan patch quality though.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Ever since brexit passed they had to change the UK box art for smash 4 to Jumpy Guessies

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

put on a cuppa, luv, and i'll show you me bangers innit.

TN: Would you care to play pokken tournament with me?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

instead of playing bad square games that were rightfully left in japan please play energy breaker [cool srpg from the makers of lufia 2 with very cool music] and tengai makyou 0 instead [i actually don't know if tengai makyou 0 will run on a snes classic tho unless it can run snes9x or higan]

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

this energy breakers game looks really fuckin cool

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Pablo Gigante posted:

Blimey, I luv to play jumpies (what depraved Brits call platformers probably) on me Zed X Spectrum

Lol this made me sick

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
*Dizzy The Egg, Jet Set Willy, Dynamite Dan, etc come in with everything for a BRILL party, love*

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt

goferchan posted:

*Dizzy The Egg, Jet Set Willy, Dynamite Dan, etc come in with everything for a BRILL party, love*

nigel the foxhound's parliamentary nonce adventure

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

mysterious loyall X posted:

i love being a european so i can play all the amiga games where you walk really slow and have to traverse giantic mazes to find keys at opposite ends of the mazes and pressing up to jump like an idiot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yzCsPpYOdU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

instead of playing bad square games that were rightfully left in japan please play energy breaker [cool srpg from the makers of lufia 2 with very cool music] and tengai makyou 0 instead [i actually don't know if tengai makyou 0 will run on a snes classic tho unless it can run snes9x or higan]

Please tell me more about Tengai Makyou 0

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

spla2oon is getting here tomorrow and im hype

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

extremebuff posted:

spla2oon is getting here tomorrow and im hype

Sick, let me know when you're playing and I'll join your level 1 turf war matches and annihilate your enemies

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Sick, let me know when you're playing and I'll join your level 1 turf war matches and annihilate your enemies

ill probably be playing around 4-5pm :)

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

how good is golf story?

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

how good is golf story?

It's pretty good but not a must play or anything. If it sounds good go for it.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

it reminds me of superstar saga but all the battles are replaced with making sick chip ins

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
So, what was I missing? In the day, I classified it as one of many games I saw in Nintendo Power, and that's about it?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
it calls you lame if you try to name yourself SONIC or SEGA

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I'm glad I got golf story

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Golf story is good but it does feel more like a GBA Mario RPG and less like a harvest moon type game like I was anticipating. The golfing actually plays really well and is lots of fun. The mechanics are simple and the difficulty scales really well. Some of the quest elements are kinda tedious but generally don't take long enough to really drag down the game.

I'd get it if you think it's your thing but it's def not a must buy and given what else is available I have been playing it in limited bursts

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
my roomie owes me the cost of golf story in utilities this month... drat, home economics is cool

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

golf story is good but the last course is kicking my rear end [lotta wind and narrow courses surrounded by hazzards! yikes]

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

golf story is good but the last course is kicking my rear end [lotta wind and narrow courses surrounded by hazzards! yikes]

lol i also got stuck there and then mario came out

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

narrow courses surrounded by hazzards!

Looks like them Duke boys are at it again.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i didn't finish it before mario came out but i hope player guy and lana go on a date

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i shouldve paid a little more for non-usps shipping. RIP

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

xenoblade 2 direct in like 30 minutes

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

nice

im also watching a lost sphear trailer and it looks pretty neat

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

that makes me think octopath won't come out til next summer or so since lost sphear is coming out late January but that's ok

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

lol nice you can get a Rex costume in botw

this game looks pretty good, can't wait to play

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

spla2oon is FINALLY here. also lol at the xenoblade direct

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I don’t get it, Bob.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

I don’t get it, Bob.

it looks terrible. whats there to get

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Still looks better than the last game’s characters:

I really don’t get why they ditched the character design from the original game, honestly. It was leagues ahead of either sequel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

extremebuff posted:

spla2oon is FINALLY here. also lol at the xenoblade direct

i've heard of spread eagle, but this................