Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Given it another few years and we'll be the weird ones for using complete sentences when we type.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

:rolleyes:

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Friends show me Facebook memes and they're my friends so I want to laugh with them but I can't.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

One of my friends in particular is extremely dadly and keeps making the same joke or making the same point over and over again. Every time it's like he doesn't realize (does he? I don't know.)

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I have lots of tasty choices for lunch in my house but I'm tired and maybe getting sick again so I'm probably going to go hungry instead.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Grevling posted:

Friends show me Facebook memes and they're my friends so I want to laugh with them but I can't.

One of my new coworkers always ask me if I want to see cat memes. No. No I don't.

Lewis Skolnick
Nov 4, 2011

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

frogge posted:

I have the day off and was going to catch up on podcasts while I tidy my place but the battery on my bluetooth headphones is out of juice. I have corded headphones but the audio doesn't sound as good so I don't want to use them.

The ones I use have enough battery for exactly two work days. Guess who is on day three and forgot to plug them in?!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Call the restaurant and complain. You'll either get refunded or have the proper food sent for no extra charge. I had this happen when a place forgot to add the 2L drink with my food. I got a whole other order of food with the pop.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

My train home was delayed which meant I missed the last connecting train and had to catch a taxi (which I can't afford) and also arrived home too late to go to the bottle shop and so I'm stressed and annoyed and I want a drink and all that's in the house is vermouth.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
I somehow managed to rub a huge chunk of skin off my heel with my other foot last night and while it's not completely broken through the remaining skin is so thin that it hurts to move my foot. I also dropped my charger on it while sitting cross-legged which was agony and also made a small hole so now I have to be careful not to get it dirty.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

The place I've been getting my hair cut for the last 4 years closed down a month ago. My stylist sent out a mass text to let everyone know where he was going to be working. Before I managed to save the info anywhere (it was an SMS and not in Hangouts), my phone started bootlooping, and I lost the text after my phone was wiped. :(

fake edit: I just happened to search for the stylist by name and location, and there are comments on Yelp for the old closed store and where to find the stylist! Holy poo poo, Yelp was actually useful. :drat:

Picnic Princess posted:

Call the restaurant and complain. You'll either get refunded or have the proper food sent for no extra charge. I had this happen when a place forgot to add the 2L drink with my food. I got a whole other order of food with the pop.

Yeah, you'd be surprised how cool restaurants will be if you call to complain. As long as you're nice about it, they will usually compensate you in some way.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I just balanced my budget to get all the reciepts processed, and normally I'm missing a few and have to balance it by taking the extra out of the sheet as a general transaction, but this time when I checked against my available balance online, I had £48 more that I had expected. I'd only balanced it at the start of the month due to an upcoming event, and in the intervening time, no money went in, only the reciepts I processed - I checked comparing to the bank statement and saw no money going in that I'd missed, so obviously I've either miscalculated the opposite way I normally do and have substantially more than than I thought, which is a good thing and Happy Birthday to me, or the bank have hosed up somewhere and I'll need to keep an eye on that money in case it goes away again. This has totally thrown me.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
I'm eating too much and not doing much sports because I have 9 weeks of paid paternity leave to take care of the twins. I think I may have gained some weight feel less fit than I ever was in my life. drat you paid leave and over abundance of food :arghfist:

KingColliwog has a new favorite as of 03:58 on Nov 9, 2017

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I lost ten pounds since I last weighed in three weeks ago, but I look and feel like I gained a bunch of weight :mad:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I have a doctor's appointment this morning so I have to fast.

I'm so hungry.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
I'm eating a lot of clementines since they are coming into season and their oils from the skin are irritating my eyes when peeling them.

shootforit
Oct 11, 2006

I bought my first house and it is awesome and my commute is now five minutes to work instead of an hour. I used to listen to a ton of podcasts on my commute, but now the the unlistened ones are piling up because I don't have enough free time to listen to them now.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I ordered two Taco Bell shoft-shell just-meat-and-cheese-extra-cheese, and I got shoft-shell just-meat-and-cheese-extra-meat.

If I'm going to eat terrible fast food after drinking a bit, at least get the terrible fast food right.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug
We are going to a schnitzel&cordon-bleu place this evening where the food is good and cheap and the drinks even cheaper to have a good time.
But my clothes will smell like I have dumped them in a deep fryer the next day.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Played racquetball for the first time yesterday and it was a lot of fun but man am I achey today.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
My motivation to get into shape imploded again

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot
I got a half day at work because I was driving an interview candidate so I decided to take my boat out, except I forgot the spar which connects the outrigger to the boat, so I had to go home. It takes so long to load the boat on my roof it wasn't worth going back and getting it

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

Malachite_Dragon posted:

My motivation to get into shape imploded again

Don't use motivation to get into shape, it will always run out sooner or later. Use routine, it makes it waaaay easier.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I had to scroll past a promoted tweet by "Uncrustables," which is apparently still a thing, since coddled lazy idiots will be the absolute last thing, hanging on by their precious little fingernails, to go at the end of this doomed civilization

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I've been a lot more productive with my free time recently, so I'm spending less time on SA and bigger, faster threads are getting further away from where I was up to faster than I can catch up. This is exacerbated by me being a weirdo who insists on catching up on a thread instead of skipping ahead, a habit held over from when I had a lot more time to kill on the forums.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I've probably kvetched about this before, but man, I wish I could itch an itch on my eyebrow without taking out accidentally yanking out some of the smaller, more delicate eyebrows in the area. I don't care about how it looks, it just makes me want to itch my eyebrow area more.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm in my 30s and went roller skating for the first time in about 20 years.

You ever want to look like a complete buffoon in front of a bunch of kids?!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I am blessed by not having the capacity to feel shame.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

two of my nails broke so I just trimmed them all to the same length and got rid of a month+ of nail growth :(

they're still so thin and my nail beds are still so short. I don't know if I'll ever have 'normal' nails

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy
I was off sick for a couple of days last week and when I came into work today, I guess I must have looked really bad still because my boss sent me home again immediately.

I obviously went home, but I don't actually feel sick so I am kind of bored. I tried to do some work from home but 1) I don't have what I need to do any work here, and 2) I tried to send an email out and was immediately scolded by my boss who told me to wait until I was feeling better.

We are redoing the kitchen and the contractor is here, so it's too noisy to sleep even though I am tired.

So mostly I feel bored and useless, and like I wasted a sick day.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I hurt my heel somehow walking my dog last week. I can still walk, but with a visible limp. Now everyone is calling me old :smith:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Inzombiac posted:

I'm in my 30s and went roller skating for the first time in about 20 years.

You ever want to look like a complete buffoon in front of a bunch of kids?!

I banged my head on the lat pulldown bar at work (physical therapy clinic). You wanna talk looking like a buffoon, I walked face-first into a piece of exercise equipment in front of my coworkers, a PT student, and several patients.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Some months ago I posted about a friend who was determined to have a baby, despite getting a new house and her husband not being 100% behind it, wanting to wait a few more years, if ever. Turns out she has Polycistic Ovarian something, and she will never be able to get pregnant without IVF, if even then. She can't afford the 15k for IVF and isn't interested (at least yet) in adoption.

But it sucks because she's really hurting with this, and there's nothing I can do to help.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
If they can't afford adoption, they can't afford kids. If their own genes are really important to them, then it should be worth a cheap car

Or if it's about the genes another option is for him to knock up her mom, that'd be close enough

Sentient Data has a new favorite as of 05:26 on Nov 14, 2017

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

lol if you have kids in this hell

I have an interview tomorrow but I haven't gotten over my cold yet and my nose is still gross and my left ear is clogged 👌👌👌 gently caress me up fam

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Italy didn't qualify for the football world cup for the first time in decades. That's not a fwp.

The fwp is that the county will literally be talking about nothing else for weeks, and screw those who don't really care about sportsball.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The schad is that Italy is utterly convinced that Amanda Knox is guilty because their justice system and their press are dumpster fires and coincidentally they also hate Asia Argento for speaking out about Harvey Weinstein because women are sluts I guess.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Post Your Favorite (or Request): Coldly Compiled Lists › Post More First World Problems: Actually Maybe Cool It With The Jerking Off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mu Zeta posted:

The schad is that Italy is utterly convinced that Amanda Knox is guilty because their justice system and their press are dumpster fires and coincidentally they also hate Asia Argento for speaking out about Harvey Weinstein because women are sluts I guess.

italy tried charging scientists with manslaughter for not predicting an earthquake good enough. they were actually convicted, but appealed successfully. their courts are a joke, amanda knox should rightfully mock that place for the rest of her life.

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2015/02/why-italian-earthquake-scientists-were-exonerated