Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

It didn't help that in between both games I got a pirate japanese version of Gran Turismo. Plus RR4's career mode was a drag after playing GT with the way you had to join specific teams to get certain cars? I forget now, it sucked rear end apart from the intro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Whitey Ford posted:

F1 races in the USA and they’re mass shooting each other nearly every day.

poo poo, they’re going to Brazil soon

Though maybe if Massa had caught the Zika virus that spring would have missed his shrunken head

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Pirate Radar posted:

Though maybe if Massa had caught the Zika virus that spring would have missed his shrunken head

Samuel 22:15 posted:

"And He sent out a spring, and scattered them, Lightning, and routed them.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Pirate Radar posted:

:holymoley:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
RR64 or go home.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Excite Truck or get out

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I don't really have a stance on PS1 racing games as long as it has piano house in the menu music.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I appreciate you coming back. With all due respect, however, you've...well...

...You've Cherry Picked and created an Alternative Universe with a fanasty about Mercedes running the Ferrari SF70H with Hamilton in it and winning the title by Japan or Austin.

Yes, Hamilton is a great driver who deserves this WDC. If you saw my rankings for 17 as of Austin in your US GP report thread, you would have seen that I ranked him Number 1.

You, however, have Cherry Picked Spa for Lewis and Baku/Singapore against Vettel while:

A) absolving Lewis of Q3 and GP errors at Bahrain(*), underperformance at Russia(*), Monaco(*) and Hungary and his own part (because he wasn't blameless) in being lapped in Mexico;

B) overlooking the element of luck for Lewis with the SCs/VSCs in China and Spain and not being collected at T2 Hungary by VER-RIC or by VET spinning out after T3 Singapore;

C) forgeting the fact that Vettel saved the Ferrari from qualifying last in Spain (which, admittedly, didn't appear in your report due to a glitch on your laptop);

D) forgeting the element of luck which went against Vettel in China/Spain with SCs/VSCs; and

F) not admitting that Red Bull was the faster race car at Singapore and Mexico - but only Vettel's Q3 mode and some top laps got him pole. Barely. Why deny that? Also, Ferrari wasn't fastest in the wet in Singapore. No one can say that. It had never been wet there until the race started.

Also, when I say "best car", I mean "best and most reliable car/engine package". It allowed Bottas to win 2 GPs and nearly take pole at Russia (*) and Monaco (*)! [You credit Lewis for pole in Spa - but then absolve him of not taking Pole at Bahrain/Russia/Monaco. That's not being balanced, in my view].

The wins Raikkonen *may* have gotten at Monaco and Hungary were wins that went to Ferrari anyways. So, it's not as if Raikkonen not winning those 2 races reduced Ferrari's win count. On the other hand, Merc *may* have won even more had Rosberg been in Bottas' car in Baku, Monaco or Bahrain. Please think about it!

So, how can anyone deny that Merc had the best, most reliable car/engine package and was the best team across the season? Had Rosberg been there, Merc may well have had an even bigger margin in the WCC. *THAT* is a more plausible Alternative Universe than the one you presented. With due respect, of course.

Also, are you saying Hamilton would have won the title had he been a Scuderia driver racing the SF70H out of Maranello?

Lewis won. And Merc won the WCC by a big margin. Those are the facts. Lewis was the best driver in the best package at the best team with the best operations and strategists. That's the reality. They won 11 GPs, 7 more than Ferrari and 8 more than Red Bull. They should have won Baku - and possibly Bahrain too - had Rosberg been in Bottas' seat. That's possibly 12 or 13 GPs Merc won or could have won.

What you've done, Mark, is cherry picked Spa, Baku/Singapore and told Lewis' fans that he would have won the title earlier in the Ferrari and portrayed him as virtually flawless.

That's simply fantasy and it denies Lewis underperforming at the specific meetings I mentioned, the elements of luck (which I specifically outlined) and the very real INTRA-SEASON destabilization which took place on three fronts (mentioned earlier) against Ferrari AFTER Allison joined Mercs.

If you can address the issues point by point, that's great. If not, no worries.

With great respect as always.

(*) Valtteri was .095 off Russia pole and 0.045 off Monaco pole. They're slivers which could have been topped had Hamilton been on it on the Saturdays there and in Bahrain.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

I appreciate you coming back. With all due respect, however, you've...well...

...You've Cherry Picked and created an Alternative Universe with a fanasty about Mercedes running the Ferrari SF70H with Hamilton in it and winning the title by Japan or Austin.

Yes, Hamilton is a great driver who deserves this WDC. If you saw my rankings for 17 as of Austin in your US GP report thread, you would have seen that I ranked him Number 1.

You, however, have Cherry Picked Spa for Lewis and Baku/Singapore against Vettel while:

A) absolving Lewis of Q3 and GP errors at Bahrain(*), underperformance at Russia(*), Monaco(*) and Hungary and his own part (because he wasn't blameless) in being lapped in Mexico;

B) overlooking the element of luck for Lewis with the SCs/VSCs in China and Spain and not being collected at T2 Hungary by VER-RIC or by VET spinning out after T3 Singapore;

C) forgeting the fact that Vettel saved the Ferrari from qualifying last in Spain (which, admittedly, didn't appear in your report due to a glitch on your laptop);

D) forgeting the element of luck which went against Vettel in China/Spain with SCs/VSCs; and

F) not admitting that Red Bull was the faster race car at Singapore and Mexico - but only Vettel's Q3 mode and some top laps got him pole. Barely. Why deny that? Also, Ferrari wasn't fastest in the wet in Singapore. No one can say that. It had never been wet there until the race started.

Also, when I say "best car", I mean "best and most reliable car/engine package". It allowed Bottas to win 2 GPs and nearly take pole at Russia (*) and Monaco (*)! [You credit Lewis for pole in Spa - but then absolve him of not taking Pole at Bahrain/Russia/Monaco. That's not being balanced, in my view].

The wins Raikkonen *may* have gotten at Monaco and Hungary were wins that went to Ferrari anyways. So, it's not as if Raikkonen not winning those 2 races reduced Ferrari's win count. On the other hand, Merc *may* have won even more had Rosberg been in Bottas' car in Baku, Monaco or Bahrain. Please think about it!

So, how can anyone deny that Merc had the best, most reliable car/engine package and was the best team across the season? Had Rosberg been there, Merc may well have had an even bigger margin in the WCC. *THAT* is a more plausible Alternative Universe than the one you presented. With due respect, of course.

Also, are you saying Hamilton would have won the title had he been a Scuderia driver racing the SF70H out of Maranello?

Lewis won. And Merc won the WCC by a big margin. Those are the facts. Lewis was the best driver in the best package at the best team with the best operations and strategists. That's the reality. They won 11 GPs, 7 more than Ferrari and 8 more than Red Bull. They should have won Baku - and possibly Bahrain too - had Rosberg been in Bottas' seat. That's possibly 12 or 13 GPs Merc won or could have won.

What you've done, Mark, is cherry picked Spa, Baku/Singapore and told Lewis' fans that he would have won the title earlier in the Ferrari and portrayed him as virtually flawless.

That's simply fantasy and it denies Lewis underperforming at the specific meetings I mentioned, the elements of luck (which I specifically outlined) and the very real INTRA-SEASON destabilization which took place on three fronts (mentioned earlier) against Ferrari AFTER Allison joined Mercs.

If you can address the issues point by point, that's great. If not, no worries.

With great respect as always.

(*) Valtteri was .095 off Russia pole and 0.045 off Monaco pole. They're slivers which could have been topped had Hamilton been on it on the Saturdays there and in Bahrain.

Sir, this is an A&W drive thru.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

:chaostrump:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Is that a comment left on Saward?

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

Wirth1000 posted:

Is that a comment left on Saward?

Either that or reddit is leaking. No way a self-respecting poster from here did that

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax
So tomorrow my X Box One X arrives. Forza 7, your thoughts, is it a worthy purchase or is it pay to win? If its the latter I think I will skip it

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
This is one of those seasons where I barely remember a lot of it if I’m honest. Good for entertainment for a few hours but I want engine parity, and untill then I’m not going to give much of a real gently caress.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

learnincurve posted:

This is one of those seasons where I barely remember a lot of it if I’m honest. Good for entertainment for a few hours but I want engine parity, and untill then I’m not going to give much of a real gently caress.

https://www.nascar.com

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

what the gently caress is this poo poo?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

learnincurve posted:

That's loving rich considering how much poo poo you've tried to give me for finding the past couple races boring lol.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

wicka posted:

Excite Truck or get out

That poo poo got nothing on Stunts

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

track day bro! posted:

It didn't help that in between both games I got a pirate japanese version of Gran Turismo. Plus RR4's career mode was a drag after playing GT with the way you had to join specific teams to get certain cars? I forget now, it sucked rear end apart from the intro.

Get this: RR4 is better than both PS1 Grand Turismos. It's the best PS1 racing game.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Oh a fair few of the individual races have been fun, it’s just that I find Mercedes mind numbingly boring and always have done. It’s red vs grey and idgaf because computers made descisions two years before the new engine formula came in, and the artificially stunted engine development and testing rules mean that no one is ever going to be able to catch and overtake them as the rules stand.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

LochNessMonster posted:

That poo poo got nothing on Stunts

gently caress you

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Human Grand Prix posted:

Get this: RR4 is better than both PS1 Grand Turismos. It's the best PS1 racing game.

RR4 sucked rear end!!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The American guy is also pretty chill.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The American manufacturer has a car called the Reckless. It’s extremely fast and can’t turn.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

wicka posted:

gently caress you

Sorry, I don’t do AIDS Queens.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
*Ted Kravitz strolls around the garages having totally chill chats with everyone while this plays on a loop*

https://youtu.be/mFSxWVuqp50

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
*On in lap after another win, Lewis monologues about himself in the third person with this on a loop*

https://youtu.be/lEj8xUVP50E

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

julian assflange posted:

*On in lap after another win, Lewis monologues about himself in the third person with this on a loop*

https://youtu.be/lEj8xUVP50E

Title sound track from 1500quid's next karting video

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

learnincurve posted:

According to your posts you've been on a lot of drugs this season

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

GramCracker posted:

Title sound track from 1500quid's next karting video

That must happen

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

That's pretty loving dank m8

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

julian assflange posted:

*Ted Kravitz strolls around the garages having totally chill chats with everyone while this plays on a loop*

https://youtu.be/mFSxWVuqp50

this is so wholesome

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

What the gently caress is going on in here?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

CratSock posted:

Too much time between GPs

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

CratSock posted:

the opposite of felipe massa's white blood cell count

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

This thread has never been better.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I truly hope Kubica gets that Williams seat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=h...ame=why+we+slap

This works too.

• Locked thread