Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

Not that it'd stop him but can he actually do that

There's a hardship exemption to the individual mandate and apparently he's going to classify "being an American in 2017" as a hardship.

Which, you know, fair enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

eonwe posted:

i wonder why there isn't a big left counter-push to mass report shitheads on twitter like there obviously is on the right

lefties are terrified of engaging with brands

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lmao the right will win forever

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

0 deaths due to not being able to print and verify death certificates

GREAT SUCCESS

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
:matters:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

alnilam posted:

true fact the vast majority of people who get bit by snake were trying to fuk with the snake in the first place, just leave them alone

i was bitten by a cottonmouth when I was a teenager. that snake was aggressive as gently caress and chased me. I'm sorry I walked near you when I had no idea you were there.

also look up how much a snakebite costs if you don't have insurance. lol if nature decides to strike you from the tall grass and you have to pay out of pocket.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Nonsense posted:

lmao the right will win forever

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

nobody honestly cares about puerto rico sorry

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

That is a loooooooooooot of words for "As a parent it is my responsibility to review and filter the media I allow my child to consume, just as it has been for every parent throughout history."

I usually never get tired of lovely parents inventing and performing in a rhetorical circus to obfuscate the fact that they are bad parents, but this article was exhausting.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D52hg9ogvWc

i unno looks okay to me

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Al! posted:

daily reminder that puerto rico is still destroyed

what's a puerto rico

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

My daughter loves these loving things, they push all the buttons for todlers, especially creepy/scary stuff which they eat up. It's extremely difficult to get away from these types of videos as they show up in the recommended list on the sidebar and after practically any tolder oriented video finishes playing.
So you start with nursery rhyme songs and get upsold to spiders eating peppa pig alive while your child screams bloody murder because you won't click on the video where the creepy uncle duck tapes the young daughter to the bed.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Vertical Lime posted:

like millennials watch anything from the 70's

replace Luke with Jar Jar then

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Nonsense posted:

nobody honestly cares about puerto rico sorry

its tragic what happens in foreign countries by puerto rico but i don't understand why it's the united states problem

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

This is the hazing ritual all new states go through

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

pigz posted:

My daughter loves these loving things, they push all the buttons for todlers, especially creepy/scary stuff which they eat up. It's extremely difficult to get away from these types of videos as they show up in the recommended list on the sidebar and after practically any tolder oriented video finishes playing.
So you start with nursery rhyme songs and get upsold to spiders eating peppa pig alive while your child screams bloody murder because you won't click on the video where the creepy uncle duck tapes the young daughter to the bed.

:yikes:

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

These people are loving ghouls

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

That DICK! posted:

black people talk like this "heyyyy man hey" but white people talk like this *wildly fires AR15 into crowd*

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

great now i need coffee

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

2017: that tim and eric "innernet" skit is actually a good idea

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
dear jesus, please murder me with bullets until I die, thank you in advance.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Tom Gorman posted:

i was bitten by a cottonmouth when I was a teenager. that snake was aggressive as gently caress and chased me. I'm sorry I walked near you when I had no idea you were there.

also look up how much a snakebite costs if you don't have insurance. lol if nature decides to strike you from the tall grass and you have to pay out of pocket.

Family friend took a rattlesnake bite to the hand a couple of years ago, had reaaaally bad reaction. About a million doses of antivenom later she was ok. Her pre-insurance bill was over $900k.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evuyyy2jsOc&t=1133s

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
Disney agrees to deal just to get fantastic 4 and the X-men movie rights back

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

pigz posted:

the amazing thing is that im not sure what would be worse: if theres actual studios of like poorly paid interns churning these out or if they're the waste products of some neural net that got loose

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Calibanibal posted:

2017: that tim and eric "innernet" skit is actually a good idea

i watch tim and eric as a chilling view of the future

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Re6pZri8Gw

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

thanks Obummer

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bearjew posted:

thanks Obummer

nice

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

TheBigAristotle posted:

it's an article about how people saying "maybe action instead of 'thoughts and prayers'" are being mean and ignorant, cleanly missing the point

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Why are kids so dumb now?????

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/927612802348576775

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Bethamphetamine posted:

That is a loooooooooooot of words for "As a parent it is my responsibility to review and filter the media I allow my child to consume, just as it has been for every parent throughout history."

I usually never get tired of lovely parents inventing and performing in a rhetorical circus to obfuscate the fact that they are bad parents, but this article was exhausting.

creepy kids videos are part of his larger point about how capitalism inflicts violence on everyone

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
i didn't expect Disney to become a mega crop in our dark cyberpunk future

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

TheBigAristotle posted:

https://twitter.com/FDRLST/status/927550848867229696

has great criticism in the comments (it doesn't)

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Louisgod posted:

0 deaths due to not being able to print and verify death certificates

GREAT SUCCESS

lol that the wikipedia article for hurricane maria still has this special "indirect deaths" column that's unique to that hurricane only

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

They aren't fighting over sanctuary cities, they both agree that they shouldn't exist :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

the orville is finally gonna get a disney ride

• Locked thread