Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Eli Wiggum posted:

There is no way in hell Siemian starts another game again. They're gonna roll with Brock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IUEZiFKRvU

I'm the co-pilot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I would honestly be stunned if Elway didn't make the decision of who the starting QB is. I mean, that's about the only call I could see him meddling in but for real. This is Elway we're talking about.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Croatoan posted:

I would honestly be stunned if Elway didn't make the decision of who the starting QB is. I mean, that's about the only call I could see him meddling in but for real. This is Elway we're talking about.

I don't think Tebow ever would have started back to back games if Elway meddled with QBs. Dude looked like he had just bitten a lemon every time they showed him in the press box during that ridiculous run.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Aaaahahahaha. Peters is 22 on the right side of the screen so you don't have to watch that super slo-mo twice.

https://twitter.com/SorenPetro/status/925366746214748160

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
No wonder you guys hate him

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I don’t hate him, he’s probably my favorite Chief

Like Primetime once said he’s paid to cover not tackle!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Yeah I don't hate him at all and hope they re-sign him for a bunch of cash when the time comes, but man is he completely allergic to contact this year.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Guess I confused him with another DB (Gaines?)

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Eli Wiggum posted:

Guess I confused him with another DB (Gaines?)

Oh yeah Gaines is just awful and brings nothing to the table, I think he's pretty much universally hated. I suppose he probably would have made a better effort there though.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The only people who hate Peters are the anthem fucks.

But Gaines needs to be shot into space.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

The Denver Post posted:

Brock Osweiler replaces Trevor Siemian as Broncos’ starting quarterback
Head coach Vance Joseph informed his players of the quarterback change Wednesday

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/11/01/brock-osweiler-named-broncos-starting-quarterback/

spankweasel
Jan 4, 2006

It makes me wonder what the offseason holds for the Broncos at QB. There are some names being thrown around for potential FA signings including Cousins and Brees. I wonder if Elway is going to clean QB house and try to target a vet this time. At this point, in what is looking more and more like a lost season, I'd be fine with a QB purge.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
tfw you've been benched in favor of brock osweiler

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I don't think you can have a lost season when no one expected you to contend going into the season

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
For the first couple of weeks the Broncos looked amazing. I guess the whole division looked good. Now the Chargers are somehow playing the best football in the division

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

a neat cape posted:

I don't think you can have a lost season when no one expected you to contend going into the season

This is like a kid whose dad walked out on him on his birthday getting mad at the kid whose dad just got him a bike for his birthday

It's just different expectations, my friend

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

SHOAH NUFF posted:

For the first couple of weeks the Broncos looked amazing. I guess the whole division looked good. Now the Chargers are somehow playing the best football in the division

the main reason is that the coaching staff has done a fairly decent job of sussing out what the team's strengths are and they're playing to them.

Earlier this year they kept trying to run right and use a lot of pulls/traps and it wasn't working out because Slauson just wasn't athletic enough for it to work. After a few weeks they reassessed it, started running behind the left half of the line (Okung's been very good for us this season) and went to a more simple man/zone run scheme because they didn't have the horses to do all of the athletic perimeter run stuff Lynn wanted to do, and it's had pretty decent success since. The defense has been radically improved since earlier in the year - they were blowing tackles left and right, and while they're still missing them, they're playing more disciplined and have been gang tackling the poo poo out of ball carriers since probably the Giants game.

Bosa and Ingram's, alongside Darius Philon and Chris McCain, have formed a terrifying pass rush and it's covered up a lot of issues on defense. The Chargers' safeties really blow and their LBs outside of Jatavis Brown aren't special at all; they really need Perryman back, but they've thrived because most QBs haven't had the time to get the ball off against them. They held both KC and New England to 24 and 21 points respectively, when they're probably two of the best offenses in the league.

The offense has some major issues though. I'm pretty much done with having Whisenhunt as the OC - he just has no feel for whenever something is working in a game, like throwing on 3rd and less than 5 when your RB ended up averaging something like 9 yards a pop, running a Wildcat play against literally the Patriots, etc. They've played very good defenses this year but their receivers outside of Keenan and Hunter Henry (who he kept in to chip even though the Patriots' pass rush is pretty lovely) just aren't producing. They're still trying to run the same offense they did last year, albeit a more run-oriented version (and with a better offensive line) and it's not fooling anyone anymore.

I still do think despite that and their talent deficiencies, they're probably going 8-8-ish. They've already showed more growth this season than they did under the last few years of McCoy's tenure and their pass rush is a lot of fun to watch. Which is all I asked for from this this year.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I don't think the Chiefs are going to lose again this season.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

I don't think the Chiefs are going to lose again this season.

I think they probably will, most certainly in January

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I'm not feeling that great about the Chiefs. Imagine if Denver had a league-average QB like Dalton playing on Monday night, the game would have looked totally different.

I don't really see how the Chiefs beat the Cowboys, with the way KC's defense is looking. Even with Elliot out, it makes no difference. This is the worst run defense I've seen in my life, and after watching Chiefs armchair analysts and guys like Brian Baldinger talk about it, it seems the Chiefs D has the following problems:

1. Sutton: He is a huge fan of the 4-2 nickel subpackage with 2 DL. This is a very light front seven (2 DL, one of the ILBs is a safety) that gets easily pushed around
2. Complete lack of fundamentals: tackling sucks, block shedding sucks, pad level for our DL is too high, they are not playing their gaps. Just basic stuff you learn in high school, they are not doing that.
3. Lack of run-stopping talent: The only good run stopper is Justin Houston, and weirdly Frank Zombo. Derrick Johnson looks so bad this year, like a 55 year old man. Our DL are supposed to be good but they aren't playing well, either due to coaching or maybe hidden injuries, can't tell. Dee Ford is nothing more than a speed pass rusher, he can't hold his edge and gets washed out of every run play. Sorenson is not 10% of the tackler/block shedder that Eric Berry is. A lot of this is from missing EB, he is the best run-stopping safety in the league and is badly missed.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Oh stop it they're going to roll Dallas and the schedule is so much easier from here.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
If Sutton spends the week doing tackling drills, re-teaching the DL/ILBs about gaps, and adjusts his scheme a bit then we have a great chance to beat Dallas.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Why are you worried? Neither team can tackle. It'll end up a 50+ points game easily and I'd lean the Chiefs here since your offense is much better

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/LacesOutShow/status/925828716894261248

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
This season feels worse than 2010 did

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Hard to believe this is the same team that wrecked the Cowboys less than 2 months ago.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I hope they hit every branch on the way to the bottom tbh

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I’ve never felt so bad about a 6-3 team haha

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Well that went poorly.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Even though when I said it Zeke was suspended it was foolish of me to say the Chiefs would roll Dallas.

The Chiefs aren't rolling anybody with this defense. The sad thing is there doesn't seem to be a solution available.

How do you fix being pussies?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

kiimo posted:

The sad thing is there doesn't seem to be a solution available.
same

Are we the worst division in football now? lol

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Man. Brock was bad but gently caress if our defense wasn't a joke. Mcmanus at least tried. What the gently caress, Vance?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Defense flat out quit. Vance has lost his players and it's very clear he isn't cut out for the job.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Yesterday was cool and good. Mostly

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog
AFC Best

remember that?

lol

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

AFC West: baddest motherfuckers in the NFL

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
Well, the Chiefs appear to be bad now, but so is everyone else in the division.

I can't wait to see them limp their way into the playoffs, then lose in the first round.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Substandard posted:

Well, the Chiefs appear to be bad now, but so is everyone else in the division.

I can't wait to see them limp their way into the playoffs, then lose in the first round.

The Chargers have actually won three of four and are good

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Yeah but it's the Chargers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

a neat cape posted:

The Chargers have actually won three of four and are good
Is that one dude still flying those anti-Spanos banners at Chargers home games?

• Locked thread