Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

D_Smart posted:

awwww, that's so cute. :allears:

Line Of Defense, Gulge planetary base, 256 sq km (16km x 16km)

I dare not even display a planetary base from my older Battlecruiser/Universal Combat games, some of which are about 10x that.

I just coded Pong with a 2,147,483.647 km per side field and I am ready to submit it for the recognition.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Nov 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Hav posted:

Too close to home, donut guy?

some of the ben posts were r/ds tier gross unfunny poo poo. Have some loving class or at least be funny is my overall point here

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
all I want this morning was loving pancakes. I've been up since 4am and craving goddamn pancakes

yet here I sit, not having pancakes

what a goddamn travesty this world is. gently caress this.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

you fat gently caress

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Sunswipe posted:

First of all:

Secondly, Ben doesn't give a toss about Star Citizen. He'll spend the rest of his life buying up every Slovakian Wing Commander novel he can find.

I figure in 20 years he will just be a digital copy of himself on 126,000 old 3.5 WC2 discs

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

ZenMaster posted:

I figure in 20 years he will just be a digital copy of himself on 126,000 old 3.5 WC2 discs

Christ, I didn't think you could make a worse use of floppy discs.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Thoatse posted:

Star Citizen, the laptop!

While prohibitively expensive, over-designed, and marketed towards the most niche of markets it at least exists.

RabbitWizard posted:

The games creator should have dreamed bigger!

Applying FIDÄLITÄH!

Much better. Way more content.
This deserves to not be on the bottom of the page.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

What is the population density of a 256 sq km game map with 0 people playing?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

big nipples big life posted:

What is the population density of a 256 sq km game map with 0 people playing?

wtfosaurus

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Toops posted:

wtfosaurus

Wow, it's even worse than I thought.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Solarin posted:

you fat gently caress

patty meltdown

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Toops posted:

wtfosaurus

I wonder if he's reduced to forcibly molesting himsel- :barf:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/BritizenCon/status/923295158082215936

https://twitter.com/BritizenCon/status/926509290646511617

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Sunswipe posted:

I wonder if he's reduced to forcibly molesting himsel- :barf:

The parallels to oft wondering about derek's junk are hard to miss. Maybe you should start r/wtfasaurus to archive his threat to society

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/solacorp/status/927611747598520321

:gary:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Oh no, the 'No U' defense. Pack it up lads.

Couldn't see him inside that fat guy.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

https://twitter.com/xeropls/status/921378254874972160

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

I hope it works! I hope it continues to work so well the whales being milked dry just keep on buying dumb stuff that CR pimps at them. Maybe a new video card next year, or super fast ram or something.

I hope they get used harder and harder and the content they do desire just gets further and further away.

Last year it was a great version of PowerPoint Commander. This year it was Non-Playable Cutscene Commander. What will they wheel out next time and into the last big push of the year for Christmas?

I’m personally hoping for more non-playable videos. I think backers like those best. It really hits them right in the wallet. :allears:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

TheAgent posted:

all I want this morning was loving pancakes. I've been up since 4am and craving goddamn pancakes

yet here I sit, not having pancakes

what a goddamn travesty this world is. gently caress this.

:same:, but with Star Citizen.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

McGiggins posted:

Someone should muzzle Ben so he eats less. People like to go on about how freedom is the right to make your own choices, but clearly some people don't deserve to be free, as they make the clearly wrong choice according to anyone who understands the subject.

This ideology could be applied in many ways. Chris Roberts should not be allowed to make video games. MoMA should not be allowed to post. I should not be allowed to dictate who may do or not do what, etc.

Ban moma, is what I'm saying.

What triggered your meltdown today? Just curious.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
3.0 before midyeahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

ManofManyAliases posted:

What triggered your meltdown today? Just curious.

Fūd

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Best post in a couple pages is definitely college kid commenting on crunch time. Nothing really speaks volumes more than a kid who’s experience in the world is “working really hard on this project” one time.

I hope he gets his dream job at CIG and can see for himself how fun constant crunch time is; especially since he can be salaried.

He can enjoy working to the breaking point and going home tired, with enough time to eat a meal and maybe watch a tv show before it’s time for bed.

He can enjoy the sound of an alarm bright and early to wake him up for a fresh 12+ hour day! Maybe since he’s still young and definitely sexy (because all programmers are sexy) he can read the text messages from his girlfriend as she asks about the weekend.

When he’s at his desk, looking over a Jira list with 200 entries he can find time to respond with a quick “working on the dream this weekend, sorry!”

He can enjoy a couple weeks of this, and maybe at the end of it he can be told his work wasn’t good enough for the new version other developers working on the other side of the world did, and none of his changes could be merged in; and he can start over.

He can enjoy that while he’s grinding into the third month, and his last day off was last Sunday, a video conference with the CEO, who’s in Monaco this week. The connection isn’t too good though because the internet is only so good on the yacht, but he did inform the manager to make sure the Porsche is serviced before he gets back, and also that all the programmers will need to switch shifts next week and work at night because Sandi is having another indie film made, and she doesn’t want anybody getting in her way; nobody there is competent enough to be trusted.

He can remember his girlfriend who left him last week while he cashes his slightly over minimum wage pay check one day during a lunch break a month later. But he’s got to hurry because there’s a new emergency today that’s asap and the jira list is 250 items long and the sprints are a confused knot and nobody really knows what’s going on.

He can realize he’s living the dream at that moment. :allears:

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

That's a cap from the office tour video Erin did last year, the one were Ali Brown ran and hid up the stairs when he spotted Erin lurking toward him.

Erin does not look as well as that in the recent AtVs.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
moma, one day I hope we can speak frankly about star citizen and your employment there

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

What the gently caress is a Sola Corporation

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
can you imagine working the weekend and walking into the conference room to have a quiet bite to eat and running into a full on table reading as sandi gives you the medusa glare stare and you just pause there, door half open, because something in your brain spoke up and said "hey maybe I shouldn't work here anymore"

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

TheAgent posted:

can you imagine working the weekend and walking into the conference room to have a quiet bite to eat and running into a full on table reading as sandi gives you the medusa glare stare and you just pause there, door half open, because something in your brain spoke up and said "hey maybe I shouldn't work here anymore"

If any low-level CIG wagepleb did that and didn't fart audibly before turning around and walking out, shame on them.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

TheAgent posted:

That's not fair. Medusa was capable of showing emotion.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Sarsapariller posted:

What the gently caress is a Sola Corporation

It's the IT services arm of Pixelemonade

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
imagine putting in, say, $300,000 into a film to ensure you got at least 10 speaking lines in or roughly 90 seconds of screentime, only to find our your entire scene had been cut and that the movie is a tremendous failure and will, without a doubt, net an extreme loss even after the streaming and tv rights are sold

so your 300k is just gone but that's okay since the company kicked in for it anyway but goddamn are you pissed about not seeing yourself on the big screen

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I think mods should permaban anyone who pretends they don't work on Star Citizen *cough*MOMA*cough*

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

TheAgent posted:

imagine putting in, say, $300,000 into a film to ensure you got at least 10 speaking lines in or roughly 90 seconds of screentime, only to find our your entire scene had been cut and that the movie is a tremendous failure and will, without a doubt, net an extreme loss even after the streaming and tv rights are sold

so your 300k is just gone but that's okay since the company kicked in for it anyway but goddamn are you pissed about not seeing yourself on the big screen

I would laugh out loud. My voice would boom out like BRIAN BLESSED's in joy.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
at what point do you mention to the backers that you're financing film careers? that you're starting to broadcast yourself as a digital effects company, with access to superior motion capture and CGI technologies? don't you think someone on this great big internet is going to loving find out about it?

I mean, I guess you can hope that the game comes out to rousing success before then, and of course, of course! hollywood and special effects are a perfect fit for chris roberts, so its no big deal he's spending a lot of time and resources and backer money doing hollywood things

but goddamn chris, y'all playing with loving fire

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

TheAgent posted:

She'll always have Pusher.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I would laugh out loud. My voice would boom out like BRIAN BLESSED's in joy.

Next best thing - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ_fXybPq1Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
like hey, here's a bad thing: we are running out of money to develop a game

and yeah, we've taken out a few loans and are really, really hoping no one looks too closely at this whole UK tax credit thing and yeah, yeah we are down almost 30% in revenue from last year so far

but also! intel paid for our last two shows, amazon floated us some monies and we're only a wee bit behind

but hey, here's a good thing: we got a loving major cash injection from a movie production company to do their digital effects! the company is saved

also I need all the art teams focused on the movie stuff because we have a four month deadline for our portion of the vfx, but this is also okay because we need six months or so to get our programmers to finish our engine