Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Ometeotl posted:

My switch saved a video capture at 33 seconds instead of the normal 30 and because of that, the trim function errors out when I try to use it and when I try uploading the whole block, it just corrupts. I can watch the thing fine in my album but any attempt to do anything with it causes things to break down.

Have you tried moving the file to your computer directly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

gently caress off.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

redreader posted:

Hi! I don't know much about the nintendo store and their customer service. I bought the Wii U Zelda DLC and have never played Zelda since I bought the DLC, like a couple of months ago.

I just bought a switch, and Zelda. I want the DLC. Is there any way I can get a refund or a 'transfer' or whatever? Will they just tell me to gently caress off?

You're hosed

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

redreader posted:

Hi! I don't know much about the nintendo store and their customer service. I bought the Wii U Zelda DLC and have never played Zelda since I bought the DLC, like a couple of months ago.

I just bought a switch, and Zelda. I want the DLC. Is there any way I can get a refund or a 'transfer' or whatever? Will they just tell me to gently caress off?

Not a chance

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Going onto amazon the first 5* USB-C HDMI dock type product that has more than 1 review is $50 sooooooooo you get what you paid for in this space is what this looks like

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Thats crapitalism

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

KingSlime posted:

There are plenty of 30 dollar HDMI docking station that work fine, I somehow doubt the extra 60 dollars is really adding that critical "won't fry your poo poo" feature

It's okay if you like how it feels to be Nintendo tax'd though, no judgements on my end

I just bought a used official Nintendo Dock for $70 w/ tax and shipping, rather than $100 for the Nintendo one. gently caress it, not like I am buying this thing near the end of the system's lifespan. I'll get plenty of use out of it over the next 5 years

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

USB-C seems to be a complete "here there be dragons" shitshow right now. I took a flyer on an extension cable (designed specifically for the dock) so I could keep my Switch docked but not in the dock and it's working great so far.

Hope it doesn't randomly burn my house down :pray:

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
"Can you guys believe how much these video game companies mark up their products?!"

-Some idiot in like 1991, probably

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Blade time, bros!

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
God drat it there is no chance XC2 is gonna be any good, is there

Guess Skyrim will do for my open world rpg itch, shame too cuz the locales look pretty good...everything else is just so stupid and unbearable.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Does that hand looked hosed up to anyone else

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

not really?

Like on the scale of weird anime hand poses it's nowhere near the worst I've seen.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

KingSlime posted:

Guess Skyrim will do for my open world rpg itch, shame too cuz the locales look pretty good...everything else is just so stupid and unbearable.

What makes you say that? The setting looks really unique and interesting, and it's got a bunch of good Blade designs. People say that the combat looks bad, but it's a JRPG, of course the combat won't be fun.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

KingSlime posted:

maybe wait until the Direct tomorrow and if it still looks bad then pray Ubisoft makes an openworld game for Switch. I don't see many other options besides Skyrim for the future, unless Bethesda conjures up more demon magic and ports more stuff over.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Guy Goodbody posted:

Blade time, bros!

Gonna be honest, I was okay with this one at first glance because I didn't notice the boobs and I like her ridiculous weapon.

I mean, I like boobs and all. But I was hoping for fewer boobs on my blades.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Guy Goodbody posted:

People say that the combat looks bad, but it's a JRPG, of course the combat won't be fun.

This kind of baffles me. Who wants to play a 100+ hour game where they hate the combat?

Thought for the record I thought the combat in XC1 was fine. XCX would of been okay if they hadn't tacked on a bunch of confusing bullshit and explained the mechanics horribly.

TFRazorsaw posted:

not really?

Like on the scale of weird anime hand poses it's nowhere near the worst I've seen.

Fair enough. I'm trying to learn how to draw so when I see something that bothers me in a picture I try to figure out what it is. The anatomy of her seems really strange but I can't figure out why.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I mean, I like boobs and all. But I was hoping for fewer boobs on my blades.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Lets put some tits on that sword.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

What makes you say that? The setting looks really unique and interesting, and it's got a bunch of good Blade designs. People say that the combat looks bad, but it's a JRPG, of course the combat won't be fun.

I disagree, the character designs are atrocious and embarrassingly bad

The setting is pretty neat but combat def looks terrible. Lots of jrpgs have fun combat, but this seems like mmo combat, which imo is a bit of a different genre (assuming we don't split hairs over the etmology of the word jrpg).

It just looks bad, folks

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

If a game can't sell me on the characters (and this game absolutely definitely can't, it's gross as poo poo), then it can't sell me on the story. And after XCX I don't have much confidence in the combat either. So without good story or combat, what good is a JRPG?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

it feels great repeating this exact conversation every single time we see anything about this game, or if it even gets so much as mentioned

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Looks like the first one was a fluke then. I'll still get it anyway, I guess. I only need to hear the English voice acting first.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I liked the voice of that old dragon turtle you ride on

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Lol it's not our fault the game looks gross, don't take it so personally when we discuss our impressions of upcoming major switch titles on the switch thread

They should repurpose those environments into a better game with better character designs

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I liked the voice of that old dragon turtle you ride on

Grandpa Dragon Boat is one of the things about the game I think is legitimately cool.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I want a blade Rick

I'm blade riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

fretting over XC2 with every tweet reveal has become almost but not quite as bad as that one poster who doesn't hesitate to bring up how he is "finally free from that piece of poo poo BOTW" every loving week

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I bought a new entertainment center this weekend and I had to move all of my consoles around. The only thing I bothered to hook back up was my Switch dock which I've only used 1 time to play MK with the wife.

Long live the switch!

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Yep after I beat persona 5 I sold my PS4 and haven't missed it in the slightest

I never played horizon but who cares, really, so much content to wade through I have accepted it is impossible for me to play every Excellent title that comes out.

I've been hopping from one 10/10 game to the next this year, sometimes not even completing a game before moving along to the next one. What a great year for gaming

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I for one like the cool goth and her dumb cyber cross

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
StarDewds:

I have finished the Mines. I am in year 2 Summer. I have (multiples) of Dwarf Scroll 1, 2, 3. I have not found 4. Is there any tips or technique to increasing my odds of finding it?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Have they said how large Skyrim is going to be? I really hope we see some decent reviews of the switch version before too long.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I love that Monolith had a winning formula with the first Xenoblade and decided "let's crash this poo poo into Anime Mountain" and its been downhill from there.

At least their sense of scale and art direction is second to none.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

DLC Inc posted:

Uprising was a great game that came out for the wrong system, it was definitely not portable gaming friendly. Simply uprezzing the game and bringing it to Switch would be great and it would benefit so much from the additional buttons, stick, and possibly motion aiming.

Couldn't agree with this more, Uprising would be an A+ game if it wasn't physically painful to play

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's like 8.7 or 7.6 or something around there

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’m excited to play Doom, LA Noire and Skyrim on Switch. I hope they’re all good ports.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Skyrim is gonna clock in at 14.3 gigs

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Or an 8 gig day one mandatory download if you buy it on physical.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I look forward to Skies of Arcadia 2: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Hattori Hanzo Harem with great anticipation.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

KingSlime posted:

Skyrim is gonna clock in at 14.3 gigs

drat thank god I bought that 200gb card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
That stand that I have and really like for my Switch is a flash sale for the next 20 minutes.

$11 well worth it.

https://smile.amazon.com/Playstand-Nintendo-Multi-Angle-Accessories-Universal/dp/B01LXP8Q29/

EDIT: oops nevermind it sold out like immediately, now it's $19 again.

EDIT EDIT no wait the silver version is still in stock at $11

overdesigned fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Nov 6, 2017

• Locked thread