Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
I used the nyko dock and that piece of poo poo doesn’t even work. Get the oem one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Schpyder posted:

USB-C seems to be a complete "here there be dragons" shitshow right now. I took a flyer on an extension cable (designed specifically for the dock) so I could keep my Switch docked but not in the dock and it's working great so far.

Hope it doesn't randomly burn my house down :pray:

Can you post a link to the one you bought?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

fretting over XC2 with every tweet reveal has become almost but not quite as bad as that one poster who doesn't hesitate to bring up how he is "finally free from that piece of poo poo BOTW" every loving week

Like Mario it really seems like the people interested in that need their own thread. So one of you go do that please thank you.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Louisgod posted:

I love that Monolith had a winning formula with the first Xenoblade and decided "let's crash this poo poo into Anime Mountain" and its been downhill from there.

At least their sense of scale and art direction is second to none.

I remember your first Xenoblade thread and the joy I had importing it in from the UK, softmodding my Wii, and playing the poo poo out of Xeno1. Sure X1 has its share of stupid boobwindow clothes but for the most part the characters and the voice acting were actually really competent and had an art style to them that was very restrained and good. All the characters in your party had bright personalities and fun quips.

XCX went overboard with realistic bodies and nightmarish anime faces. XC2 is a huge mishmash of clashing artists when it comes to the characters, idk what to think except "well it can't be as bad as XCX with Min's disgusting Cabbage Patch face that I hid under a helmet at all times.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
XC had terrible character designs to begin with, they look like rejected character designs from ff12, not a good look

Somehow it's gotten 10x worse with each subsequent XC title and frankly it's drat impressive

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
nintendo, please patch in a cheat code for unlimited cappy bounces in Odyssey. i want to just fuckin fly all over the place.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I was gonna 100% mario but the jump rope made me mad so now im gonna just 99% it and ask randos that come over to try it for me until one of them gets it

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Real hurthling! posted:

I was gonna 100% mario but the jump rope made me mad so now im gonna just 99% it and ask randos that come over to try it for me until one of them gets it

Once you hit 50 just tap jump as quickly as possible.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

I just got all the purpz and moons in the Cascade kingdom and it's really making me want to go for all the moons

That was fun!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Lol I got like 84 the first time I did it, took the 30 Star moon, then came back later and got 100 on the second try after that.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

pentyne posted:

Can you post a link to the one you bought?

Sure, it's this one. It was a little bit of a pain getting it aligned on the connector in the dock, but way less than I imagine a regular USB-C cable would be.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Real hurthling! posted:

What in the heck? It's easy. Just tap jump to go as low as possible each time.

The volleyball one was WAY worse

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

I realize this might be a big ask but can anyone give a quick summary of XCX' story? I stopped playing almost immediately after getting to the first town because there were just so many words.

Which sucks because I liked the brief summary of "humans on an ark, in space" and I'm curious how that ended up.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Maybe I spent too long reading the vita thread but none of these blade designs seem very egregious to me?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Mr Phillby posted:

Maybe I spent too long reading the vita thread but none of these blade designs seem very egregious to me?

They're fine. It's just nerds nerdin'.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I like the book girl

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Not a Children posted:

What in the heck? It's easy. Just tap jump to go as low as possible each time.

The volleyball one was WAY worse

Volleyball one is super easy, just switch to two player mode and control Cappy directly

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Polygon published their review of Sonic Forces.

They gave it 5 out of 10.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

RuBisCO posted:

I realize this might be a big ask but can anyone give a quick summary of XCX' story? I stopped playing almost immediately after getting to the first town because there were just so many words.

Which sucks because I liked the brief summary of "humans on an ark, in space" and I'm curious how that ended up.

aliens hosed us up from earth so we made a mad dash into an Ark ship for a few years then crashed into a habitable planet. said aliens want to gently caress us harder so we now have battalions to explore the environment and fight back against mystery aliens who apparently have a hatred for humanity. there's more to it but it'd get into spoiler territory, I think, regarding the ultimate goal of why you need to push onward and seek out a second part of your crashed ship. that's the bare essentials of the plotline, really.

Also a mystery race of aliens helped us escape as well but that gets explored much later.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

RuBisCO posted:

Not even a distant land
We're stuck on a whole different planet
No peace lookin at the sky
Trouble's always around
So we stay quick with the guns and cannons

:shepicide:

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

Rexroom posted:

Polygon published their review of Sonic Forces.

They gave it 5 out of 10.

of course it’s bad it’s 3d Sonic. looking forward to the monster factory episode on it tho

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

RuBisCO posted:

Tatsu says something annoying and then Lin says “I’m going to eat you Tatsu” and Tatsu says “Please don’t eat Tatsu” and everyone laughs.

Repeat for 100 hours.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
i am going to buy the xenoblade 2 and i am gonna enjoy it cuz i enjoyed the first and XCX.

like, yeah some of the designs suck but i can live with that. also i'm almost sure that you'll be able to change costumes on the main characters at least. also i need a jrpg on my dang switch already.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

call the nintendo hotline, i want to play mario odyssey but my beloved wife is obsessed with picross

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

GreenNight posted:

They're fine. It's just nerds nerdin'.

You have anime poisoning. I'm sorry to be the one who has to tell you.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

alf_pogs posted:

call the nintendo hotline, i want to play mario odyssey but my beloved wife is obsessed with picross

the answer is: buy another switch

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I never got far on XC1 -- I had the Wii version, ended up trading it in for the 3DS version, regretted that 'cause the game looked even worse there, never got past the big neon marsh place. Never played XCX at all based on the poor reviews.

But now I'm all set for XC2.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

alf_pogs posted:

Time to play co-op picross with your wife.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I never got far on XC1 -- I had the Wii version, ended up trading it in for the 3DS version, regretted that 'cause the game looked even worse there, never got past the big neon marsh place. Never played XCX at all based on the poor reviews.

But now I'm all set for XC2.

XC1 plays awesome on the PC via dolphin.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

alf_pogs posted:

:same:

Don't worry, she'll 100% it eventually and then it will be yours again.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Louisgod posted:

oh the whole main story of XBX was so loving dumb, it's clear they shelved actual storytelling and instead tried to shoehorn multiplayer aspects in its place and it failed miserably. Even the main dude said in their next game (XC2) they'd put more emphasis on the story.

It's a shame really because XBX had the foundation for a really interesting story but managed to gently caress it up in classic Xenosaga fashion.

That's probably what made me the maddest about XCX. The foundation was clearly there for a good game but they tried to do poo poo like make the quasi-multiplayer MMO poo poo fix somehow. Also the world tyrants needed a consumable item to fight them and the item was a tedious-as-poo poo grind to get, or something equally stupid. XCX just screamed "we wanted to make an MMO but couldn't."

The important thing is that the Octopath Traveller demo was real good and that game is almost certainly going to rule.

Vikar Jerome posted:

luigi hasn't been in any of the 3 proper 3d mario games so it's keeping to tradition. he'll be in smb6 whenever they make that.

Could you please explain how Galaxy isn't a proper 3D mario game?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mr Phillby posted:

Just what happens when normies get exposed to anime.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I honestly thought even the anti-anime people wouldn't mind this one. She didn't seem like an egregiously boobie design

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Crappy anime isn't crappy exclusively because of boobs and creepy fetish stuff

How can you look at that and think, yep she looks like she comes from an interesting game with a rich, cohesive universe that is worth immersing myself in

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I just don't see why every Blade design warrants this. As it stands, they don't even seem to be significant characters, just an effort to give variation to what are essentially collectible side characters that exist for the same of battle variation.

Pyra is one thing because she's a principle character, but everyone else? It's like getting mad all the Fire Emblem Heroes cards are drawn by different people.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

KingSlime posted:

How can you look at that and think, yep she looks like she comes from an interesting game with a rich, cohesive universe that is worth immersing myself in
because i dont take myself very seriously

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
What does that have to do with anything lol

I guess we just have different standards, everything about XC2 other than the landscapes seems aggressively mediocre and there's only so much time to play cool new games

If I'm not fully excited about a game, it's a hard pass for me. It is not attack on anyone here :)

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
It's fine to think and say that the anime is bad but you're acting like it's impossible for you to understand why someone would not feel that it is bad and it's frankly tiresome.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

KingSlime posted:

She looks like she'd be fun to play as in a Platinum-style game tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

You're the one who was talking about the consistency of the universe and how none of the designs "fit together".

But aside from that they're weapon people without physical bodies. If anything justifies looking weird and different from everything else in the universe.

• Locked thread