Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
"We all have our favourite Victorian engineering folly"

Hmm yeah I don't think anyone except Ronay has such a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Barney Ronay is great and shouldn't be in this thread

He treats football with the lack of respect it deserves

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
"Waiting for Klopp to go now, it's not going to get better."

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
The print is very small in this photo, but the contents are very much :thesperg:

https://twitter.com/mattbayles/status/922260853067358208/photo/1

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

trem_two posted:

The print is very small in this photo, but the contents are very much :thesperg:

Did tears splash on that letter?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I read "A Call for Bedlam" and 360'd out of there.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
bedlam was the nickname given to a hospital for the mentally impaired, so it fits imho

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

trem_two posted:

This is gross.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I can only read the bolded part but that's enough for it to belong in this thread

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

trem_two posted:

isnt a capo something you put on a guitar

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Monday Bandele posted:

Barney Ronay is great and shouldn't be in this thread

He treats football with the lack of respect it deserves
It would be great if he wasn’t openly trying to get in pseud’s corner every fortnight

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Behind their two biggest names, Tottenham have an assortment of players every team would love to have. Jan Vertonghen and Toby Alderweireld are probably the two best central defenders in England; Hugo Lloris is one of the best keepers in the world; Christian Eriksen is probably only behind Kevin De Bruyne when it comes to the EPL’s creative attacking midfield types; Davinson Sánchez just got into town but has already slid into a starting spot in England’s best defense with a seamless confidence that belies his 21 years of age; Son Heung-min is really good and overqualified for his bench role; Serge Aurier is filling in for their departed league-best right back, Kyle Walker, and already looks almost just as good as his predecessor; and the league’s best left back last season, Danny Rose, is only now getting integrated back into the fold after his injury- and poo poo-talk-induced time away.

https://deadspin.com/enjoy-tottenham-now-while-it-lasts-1819785180

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
I see Billy Haisley has discovered the semi-colon.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

What the gently caress.

e:

Weaponized Cum posted:

Behind their two biggest names, Tottenham have an assortment of players every team would love to have. Jan Vertonghen and Toby Alderweireld are probably the two best central defenders in England; Hugo Lloris is one of the best keepers in the world; Christian Eriksen is probably only behind Kevin De Bruyne when it comes to the EPL’s creative attacking midfield types; Davinson Sánchez just got into town but has already slid into a starting spot in England’s best defense with a seamless confidence that belies his 21 years of age; Son Heung-min is really good and overqualified for his bench role; Serge Aurier is filling in for their departed league-best right back, Kyle Walker, and already looks almost just as good as his predecessor; and the league’s best left back last season, Danny Rose, is only now getting integrated back into the fold after his injury- and poo poo-talk-induced time away.

https://deadspin.com/enjoy-tottenham-now-while-it-lasts-1819785180

What the gently caress.

blue footed boobie fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Oct 24, 2017

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

blue footed boobie posted:

What the gently caress

Lol but I can’t find the source of that in either French or English

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
I too do not get jokes.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

What the gently caress.

e:

What the gently caress.

Wrong thread imo

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bobby Digital posted:

I too do not get jokes.

I’m going to say it sounded plausible to me, OP. The French are weird

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

What the gently caress.

e:

What the gently caress.

wrong thread

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

julian assflange posted:

Lol but I can’t find the source of that in either French or English

Arseblog

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Every so often it's important to read blogger Bill Simmons' criminally stupid Premier League "Pick-My-Team" article

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
So I'm a Texan who's only really watched football, baseball, and basketball in my life. One of my good buddies is a huge Chelsea fan, and the more I watch and learn about the sport from him, the more I like it. So I've been trying to find a team to follow. He told me that Liverpool is like the Cowboys (my favorite NFL team) of the Premier League, as they were once really dominant and now still have the potential, but haven't done much recently. Anyway, I guess that brings me to two questions:

1) Is that comparison accurate?

2) What are some other things I should know about the team?

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
because of the commercial stupidity i cant watch any game properly. In my country for Champions League you need to buy a subscription, for La Liga you need to buy another subscription from another company. And what if i want to watch it with English commentary, what if i want to watch it with Ray Hudson commentating? No, i cant, i dont have the choice. I am a FCB fan but cant watch the games properly. It is a shame. I hope every single person who limits the ability to watch soccer games so much dies in pain.
I dont want to search for poo poo streams 90 minutes for every game, i have the money, i just want to watch FCB games, and all of their games, not interested in any other team. No i cant. gently caress!

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

I can't watch soccer with Ray Hudson commentating either :smith:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

:chloe:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ugh.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

right thread wtf

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

That cost £499.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

It should say Divided and United because Unified sounds weird but lol Man Utd

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Lol

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Maybe this doesn’t belong here, but I didn’t like it:

quote:

Nah mate, I don't feel the need to hate United because I'm a City fan. I've been where a lot of the current board here are now. Looking at United thinking (Feckers are ruining football with their spending years ago) but now I'm content with it as we can spend more.

I quite admire United as a club and how they turned themselves around in the early 90's to become what they are and while I can't stand him as a person or his style of football I admire Jose as a manager and a man to get the job done.

I try to look at United as honestly and neutral as I can. Hence why I defended my post the last day saying United were clearly 2nd faves for the league ahead of Spurs (thankfully Jose proved me right and won the game, cheered me up no end.) If anything a lot on here would say I overrate you guys but I just think you are a good side and man for man the closest in the Premier League to ours, especially depth wise.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Brony Car posted:

Maybe this doesn’t belong here, but I didn’t like it:

right thread

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Puke

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
It's probably not worth making this thread an RSS feed of Billy Haisley's articles, but jfc https://deadspin.com/raheem-sterling-is-becoming-the-player-he-was-always-me-1820091416

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

trem_two posted:

It's probably not worth making this thread an RSS feed of Billy Haisley's articles, but jfc https://deadspin.com/raheem-sterling-is-becoming-the-player-he-was-always-me-1820091416

Raheem Sterling is a gem. He has been one of the best wide attackers in the Premier League for about five years now, boasts an athleticism and technical ability and intelligence that makes 99 percent of his peers look like stodgy goons by comparison, regularly heaps on goals and assists at a much quicker rate than players widely considered to be his betters, is (or should be) considered one of the two or three most gifted talents the great and proud soccer nation England has produced in years, currently stands as one of the critical cogs in a Manchester City squad that is threatening to become the iconic EPL team of this generation, and at only 22 years old, still has so much room to grow into an even bigger star than he already is.

^That's two sentences^

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-manager-2018-wonderkids-you-13848848

Everton's scouting network in action.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

We have Pogba and Ibra out. If you line the squads up, they’re pretty equal.

De Gea/Romero > Ederson/Bravo
Bailly/Rojo > Stones/Otamendi
Walker = Valencia
Mendy > Young > Delph
Toure = Fellaini
Matic/Herrera > Gundogan/Fernandinho
De Bruyne = Pogba
David Silva/Bernardo Silva = Mata/Mkhi
Rashford = Sterling
Ibra = Aguero
Lukaku/Martial > Jesus/Sane

Injuries fecked us, that’s all. Pogba’s injury affects 5 players in the team.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Imagine thinking Pogba could even clean De Bruyne's boots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Imagine thinking Pogba could even clean De Bruyne's boots

I imagined being piratebob and it made me sick as a parrot, op