Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
puck as a troll doll, k

WOW they did not learn anything from Nidalee, do they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

looks like leblanc 2.0 as suspected

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Looks like a Lich Bane champ but she also only has like 2.5 damage abilities and the only one that matters is mega telegraphed. Probably going to be dogshit but make great highlight reels.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Tales of Woe posted:

looks like leblanc 2.0 as suspected

Again, it depends a huge amount on how the Spell Thief charges drop. If they always drop behind the enemy champion that uses them, she can get engaged on super easily and can only really escape with clever R usage to pick up the charges. If they're semi-randomized, she could end up being pretty bonkers.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Patch 7.22 notes

https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-722-notes

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Patch 7.22 notes are out a day early. Wednesday's gonna be a loving hell of a day.

efb

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Looking forward to spending an hour making a nice tailored rune page for each champion I play and then having to change them all a week later because one keystone turns out to be busted on every champion

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Alright, I take everything I've said about Zoe back: her ult has a 10/8/6s CD progression. Jesus Christ that's gonna be annoying to play against.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
It honestly looks like her Q at max rank can do up to like 50% of max HP or some poo poo when it's super far out

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Teikanmi posted:

It honestly looks like her Q at max rank can do up to like 50% of max HP or some poo poo when it's super far out

I think it's a combination of distance and her E, since popping Drowsy deals bonus damage.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Welp, time to not play LoL until the dust settles and people figure out what poo poo works and what doesn't, I'm super not good at this kind of stuff myself. I'm kind of worried that Kayle's gonna get turbofucked by the runes rework, I onetricked her to plat twice and I was heavily reliant on a very specific runepage.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
Some of those runes must be missing cooldown information.

quote:

Taste of Blood
YUM! Heal when you damage an enemy champion
TRANSFUSION Healing: 18 - 35 (+0.20 bonus AD, +0.1 AP) health based on level
There's no way that doesn't have a cooldown to it, right?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Yeah, there's a few spots where information is missing. It had something like a 20s CD on the PBE.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
zoe looks extremely hard to play well so i can't wait to feed with her

also lmao predator is literally just "have ghost in addition to your other two summoners"

Hashtag Yoloswag fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Nov 6, 2017

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
To be fair that Post has an absurd amount of information, including base stat changes for every character in the game as well as completely redone runes.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Zoe looks extremely fun. Trying to get the max damage from her q with all her mobility will be fun.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
I've found my favorite update so far

quote:

The new runes have given many ranged supports much higher poke damage in the early game, making it more punishable for Tanks to cash their Spoils of War stacks. We're giving the heal on Targon's a small bump to ensure they still have ways to secure their gold.
SPOILS OF WAR Killing a minion with a Spoils of War charge heals for 2% of missing health in addition to the flat heal

quote:

Spellthief's Edge Line
Spellthief's Edge
DAMAGE 10 ⇒ 13

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

The preason patch will be beyond broken imo. Never seen this many changes at once. Hopefully it is somewhat balanced before rank season 8 starts.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
Celestial Body
YOU'RE A STAR +100 permanent health
SO IN-TEN-SE dDeals 10% less damage to champions and monsters until the 10 minute mark

what is this for stun bot supports or something?

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Voxx posted:

Celestial Body
SO IN-TEN-SE dDeals 10% less damage to champions and monsters until the 10 minute mark

Top laners who are in matchups where they just want to farm out for the first ten minutes.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
does not seem worth it at all

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Voxx posted:

Celestial Body

Any situation where you 100% do not want to fight before 10 minutes in your lane. 100 extra HP early is pretty massive.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
It's competing with a 5% CDR rune so it's probably not going to be too popular, but I can see some instances where it's useful. If you're say Gangplank and you're reasonably sure you're going to get ganked over and over early and want to farm instead of fight the HP might help you survive more often that the CDR would. It's an edge case, but I think it's fine that some runes have edge case uses versus trying to make every single option equally viable.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

+100 HP on supports seems great too. Nunu and Ivern too

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

looking forward to cleaning house as gappy

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I'm looking forwards to playing Support Lux, because the new runes are pretty bonkers for her. Manaflow works out to something around 8 MP/5 if you use it exclusively with E, and an Aery/Scorch/Cheap Shot combo with E is bonkers harass in lane. Downside is that she's made out of even more cardboard than before, with a whopping 19 base armor. Taking extended trades is now even more of an automatic loss than it was before.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
Looking at the Celestial Body rune, taking that plus using the Resolve tree nets you +375 health at level 1, which is a lot of durability during the early laning phase, although I guess how much is relative to the other changes across the board.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The only thing I don't get about Support Lux anymore is why play her at all when there's similar mages that offer more utility or burst than she does now that don't heavily rely on getting fed and stealing farm to make your ult do any damage

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

quote:

Don't be fooled by her childish appearance—Zoe is an ancient being, a cosmic messenger of Targon.

Hmmm

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

RealFoxy posted:

The only thing I don't get about Support Lux anymore is why play her at all when there's similar mages that offer more utility or burst than she does now that don't heavily rely on getting fed and stealing farm to make your ult do any damage

this is my thought whenever people play some other ap midlaner as a support. Zyra and brand have been varying levels of good or great for a long time if you want to damage as a support and it doesn't make you look like a trolling idiot

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Yes but zyra and brand don't get to do sweet pew pew laser snipes. Plus she has a shield so really, when you think about it,

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

RealFoxy posted:

She still does plenty base, and her shield means that you can go Ardent -> Grail easily and get utility along with your damage. More critically (for me, anyways) is that she has bar-none the best vision control of any support. It's effectively impossible to set up ambushes or bait Baron against her.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
With the removal of masteries that brought a bit of PvE damage to the table, we wanted to ensure that champions didn't feel overly weak against lane minions. We will be continuing to evaluate the power of this as we see adjustments to Runes and champion changes.
IT HURTS Basic attacks deal 5 bonus damage to lane minions

Why not, I dunno, just reduce minion hp/armor? You know this bonus damage wont be explained anywhere ever.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Reality Winner posted:

With the removal of masteries that brought a bit of PvE damage to the table, we wanted to ensure that champions didn't feel overly weak against lane minions. We will be continuing to evaluate the power of this as we see adjustments to Runes and champion changes.
IT HURTS Basic attacks deal 5 bonus damage to lane minions

Why not, I dunno, just reduce minion hp/armor? You know this bonus damage wont be explained anywhere ever.

Because that changes the last hitting and wave clearing calculus for more than half the cast of the game. Adding a small damage bonus versus minions is the change that interacts with the fewest other systems, thus making it the easiest to adjust.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Vermain posted:

She still does plenty base, and her shield means that you can go Ardent -> Grail easily and get utility along with your damage. More critically (for me, anyways) is that she has bar-none the best vision control of any support. It's effectively impossible to set up ambushes or bait Baron against her.
Ardent isn't going to be nearly as good to go anymore and who knows what the meta is going to even look like next week with all these changes. We could see Teemo Support being the strongest for all anyone knows, pre-season is wild af

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
They'd be better off making their big changes and waiting to see the results, than worrying that lane creeps die in 8 autoattacks instead of 7 or whatever.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Or they could just save everyones time and make the minions take 5 extra damage???

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
relearning tower shots to kill/last hitting would suck rear end

its also just like, making a current mastery that almost every champ takes baseline

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Reality Winner posted:

They'd be better off making their big changes and waiting to see the results, than worrying that lane creeps die in 8 autoattacks instead of 7 or whatever.

Changing minion hp/armor would also affect skill breakpoints for caster creeps and tower cs'ing techniques. It would be a massive change to a system that doesn't need a massive change in any way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emery
Feb 8, 2012

Vermain posted:

I'm looking forwards to playing Support Lux, because the new runes are pretty bonkers for her. Manaflow works out to something around 8 MP/5 if you use it exclusively with E, and an Aery/Scorch/Cheap Shot combo with E is bonkers harass in lane. Downside is that she's made out of even more cardboard than before, with a whopping 19 base armor. Taking extended trades is now even more of an automatic loss than it was before.

I'm curious how that math works out for manaflow. There's not really much in the way of mana regen at all outside that and I like poke supports a lot so I was hoping they'd get at least a small touch up on their base regen.

• Locked thread