Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

deadly_pudding posted:

Explain to me how a ninja is not an animal :colbert:

...makes me wish W had done a joke episode about somebody with the HUMAN BEING memory.

man the Human memory would be loving horrifying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014

Elfgames posted:

man the Human memory would be loving horrifying

Nah, it'd probably be something lame like the Human UNDEAD from Blade.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
It's never explained in the series but personally I always assumed that the Human Undead won the Battle Royale by just hiding behind a bush and watching everyone else destroy each other.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

So I just saw Miike's Blade of the Immortal movie, and I didn't even realize that Sota Fukushi was playing the villain, holy poo poo.

E: Well, villain for most of the movie.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Nov 4, 2017

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Twelve by Pies posted:

It's never explained in the series but personally I always assumed that the Human Undead won the Battle Royale by just hiding behind a bush and watching everyone else destroy each other.

Given how the one scene we get of the previous Battle Fight (I love that goofy name) is basically everyone on a beach beating each other up, I can imagine the human undead just running ten feet away, hiding, and chucking a rock at the survivor. Or the survivor was just too dazzled by the Human Undead's rad anachronistic jeans.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Finished Ex-Aid. Now I wanna see the dang movie for the...wait for it...TRUE ENDING.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

coconono posted:

Finished Ex-Aid. Now I wanna see the dang movie for the...wait for it...TRUE ENDING.
Thoughts on the whole thing?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

PMush Perfect posted:

Thoughts on the whole thing?

Finale was kind of a letdown in terms of graphical madness. Thought the big fight leading up to it was much better. I really liked the videogame digital effects for the action stuff as it really enhanced how wild the fights are. For a series that screams "we shot this is six weeks and spent another six in post-production", the bright colors and explosions do a great job shouting that down.

Characters were great. When Hiiro gave big speeches it really looked like he was speaking from the heart. Dan Kuroto getting progressively more and more batshit is the kinda madness I live for. Emu really gets outshined by all the supporting players as they get more backstory. As the show progressed everyone got bits pieces revealed that made sense. Or even better, made completely nonsensical characters sensible. No one felt really tacked on or forced in.

Overall, I would reccommend this to non-toku folks that have an appreciation on how drugs or J-dramas work.

Gonna watch the PACMAN movie because it has Hiroshi Tanahashi in it. Go Ace!

coconono fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Nov 4, 2017

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

So I just saw Miike's Blade of the Immortal movie, and I didn't even realize that Sota Fukushi was playing the villain, holy poo poo.

E: Well, villain for most of the movie.

:same:

I saw it in early October, and it wasn't until two weeks later that my girlfriend TOLD me that it was Sota Fukushi, and even then I had to look it up to believe it.

That was an awesome movie btw.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Serperoth posted:

:same:

I saw it in early October, and it wasn't until two weeks later that my girlfriend TOLD me that it was Sota Fukushi, and even then I had to look it up to believe it.

That was an awesome movie btw.

I tweeted about how much I liked it last night, and my notifications are STILL getting retweets from Japanese Takuya Kimura fans.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Apparently he's also Ichigo in an upcoming live-action Bleach movie :stare:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

That he is!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

so I'm curious TokuThread.

who's your favorite movie Rider design?

I'm partial to Eternal, Aqua, and Dark Drive myself.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

RealFoxy posted:

Apparently he's also Ichigo in an upcoming live-action Bleach movie :stare:

I'm sorry how did a cancelled series score a live action movie adaptation two years after the fact

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

TFRazorsaw posted:

so I'm curious TokuThread.

who's your favorite movie Rider design?

I'm partial to Eternal, Aqua, and Dark Drive myself.
Kamen Rider Heart is a beautiful clusterfuck.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Kamen Rider Fuma from the True Ending movie had a great suit. I also really liked the New Ichigo Suit.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis

SpazmasterX posted:

I'm sorry how did a cancelled series score a live action movie adaptation two years after the fact

"This was one of Jump's Big Three, we got all the source material, let's start drafting a proper adaptation." One Piece probably has drafts already based on 20 years worth of manga, just waiting for John Toei to greenlight it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

SpazmasterX posted:

Bleach got a cleaned up re-release through comixology and it did insane numbers.

Just got through 7 episodes of Kamen Rider Kabuki. The path of heaven guy seems like a real helpful sociopath. Fuckin comets from Miracle Man Space. Surprised Alan Moore hasn't angrily complained.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

coconono posted:

Bleach got a cleaned up re-release through comixology and it did insane numbers.

Just got through 7 episodes of Kamen Rider Kabuki. The path of heaven guy seems like a real helpful sociopath. Fuckin comets from Miracle Man Space. Surprised Alan Moore hasn't angrily complained.
The main character is actually KaGAmi who’s just constantly in a state of trying to make heads or tails of the insane poo poo that Kabuto does

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Question for fans. I’ve never seen either:

Blade or Gaim?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Craptacular! posted:

Blade or Gaim?

Gaim for sure

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Craptacular! posted:

Blade or Gaim?
Gaim, does Blade still have sketchy subs?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
blade has a better ending but i'd say gaim is better in every other respect

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Gaim is far from perfect, but it's definitely good (aside from not sticking the landing and the actual-last-episode kind of making GBS threads all over the real ending the episode before it).

For real, the last episode feels like fanfiction written by someone who just really wanted SPOILER to have a happy ending.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

RealFoxy posted:

Gaim, does Blade still have sketchy subs?

I'm not a sub elitist but there's some cleaned up DVD subs for everything.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

The Gaim/Drive crossover movie feels like a much better send up for Gaim, as it depicts the aftermath of the show in a more character-based light.

The Gaidens aren’t too bad either, though only one of the stories specifically take place after the series.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

RealFoxy posted:

The main character is actually KaGAmi who’s just constantly in a state of trying to make heads or tails of the insane poo poo that Kabuto does

I'm down with that. I'm surprised they keep getting Zect trooper new hires considering the casualty rate is drat near 100%.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

PMush Perfect posted:

Gaim is far from perfect, but it's definitely good (aside from not sticking the landing and the actual-last-episode kind of making GBS threads all over the real ending the episode before it).

For real, the last episode feels like fanfiction written by someone who just really wanted SPOILER to have a happy ending.

It basically was fanfiction. It's one of the few episodes that wasn't written by Urobuchi, and honestly they're all skippable, IIRC. They're mostly movie tie-ins and weird crossovers and I don't think any of them really tie into the plot?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

SpazmasterX posted:

The movie has been in development since at least early 2016 IIRC so they probably greenlit it before the cancellation of the manga.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

coconono posted:

When you say cleaned up rerelease what do you mean exactly

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dexie posted:

It basically was fanfiction. It's one of the few episodes that wasn't written by Urobuchi, and honestly they're all skippable, IIRC. They're mostly movie tie-ins and weird crossovers and I don't think any of them really tie into the plot?

The Kikaider crossover was fun just to see Ryoma turn himself into Hakaider, and the ToQ crossover had its charms.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
ToQ crossover is almost worth it for the Takatora gag alone.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

When you say cleaned up rerelease what do you mean exactly

compared to the Dragon Ball mangas that looked like someone xeroxed pages from the actual magazine and then fed them into a Kinko's scanner.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
The only thing wrong with Gaim is the SMT Neutral ending protag won even though the Chaos Hero was actually right and should have been the savior to usher in a new era of humanity.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
https://twitter.com/WeebSimpsons/status/916334073425080324

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I liked the first seasons of Amazons. 8/10
I'm not through with it yet, but I dislike the second season of Amazons. Almost as much as I liked the first. Mostly because it's trying way too goddamn hard to resemble Evangelion, which is a terrible waste of everything that it built.

Everyone at 4C has huge personality flaws, and Haruka should have considered taking Jin's belt while he was on the ground grasping at his eyeballs? Seems like that would slow down the massacre somewhat.
The only relatable character is biker guy, because revenge is about the only motivation in this show that makes sense. It's also what makes his time with Iyu more touching than Chihiro's, because Chihiro is trying to build a future for someone who doesn't have a future whatsoever, but biker guy's proposal that she get revenge for the life from stolen her at least makes some measure of sense.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Nov 6, 2017

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

coconono posted:

compared to the Dragon Ball mangas that looked like someone xeroxed pages from the actual magazine and then fed them into a Kinko's scanner.

Why are you buying manga not through viz problem solved

Viz app is life and viz app is love

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://twitter.com/toraXphoto/status/927111899614920704

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Fantastic, I liked GokaiRed's little "ey what the hell are we doing again" over-the-shoulder in the beginning. I was kinda hoping he'd be the only one to keep up the pelvic thrust OG dance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

now that you mention it, his body language makes him come off as wondering what the hell is going on the whole time

meanwhile, Red Buster of all people is doing it flawlessly