Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Pffff, I’m already on Death+ :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Shaggar posted:

you cant have communism without authoritarianism

communism is defined by not having a hierarchy. authoritarianism cannot be communism

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lol no its not. communism requires a strict central authority to function and all the hierarchy and bureaucracy that goes with it.

you're thinking of anarchy which is pretty much the opposite.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Shaggar posted:

lol no its not. communism requires a strict central authority to function and all the hierarchy and bureaucracy that goes with it.

you're thinking of anarchy which is pretty much the opposite.

no, i'm not

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
you are giving them too much credit, shaggar. they literally haven't thought any further than "the Workers will seize the Means of Production"

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

spankmeister posted:

I think communism defeated communism tbh

and now capitalism will defeat capitalism

:getin:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
capitalism is always defeating capitalism which leads to more capitalism.

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

Rex-Goliath posted:

https://twitter.com/108/status/927636543199735808

I’m wondering when we’re going to start forcing these ‘media platforms’ to be accountable for this garbage

Rex-Goliath posted:

lol jk I know we won’t

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

the communists will tell you that communism has never been achieved and the soviet union was just state capitalism because it wasn't even a dictatorship of the proletariat

the realists will tell you that communism can't be achieved

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

pseudorandom name posted:

the communists will tell you that communism has never been achieved and the soviet union was just state capitalism because it wasn't even a dictatorship of the proletariat

the realists will tell you that communism can't be achieved

anyone who calls themselves a realist is actually just a piss-baby

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

ok, fine, communism is achievable as soon as we can permanently bioengineer sociopathy, the cognitive biases, etc. out of the species

we can extend our lifespans out to 500 years, learn to speak Marain and put the Minds in charge of everything while we're at it

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Improbable Lobster posted:

anyone who calls themselves a realist is actually just a piss-baby

[iggy azalea voice] first things first i'm a realist

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

ok, fine, communism is achievable as soon as we can permanently bioengineer sociopathy, the cognitive biases, etc. out of the species

we can extend our lifespans out to 500 years, learn to speak Marain and put the Minds in charge of everything while we're at it

"i'm a centrist because both sides are just as bad!"

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

Anyone who calls themselves a 'realists' almost always turn out to be 'common sense', or worse an IR, dogmatist who bases their world view on 'muh sovereignty'. But in the end they always out themselves by trying to base their poo poo on a half-arsed, half-cocked version of actual philosophical realism of which, if they even made it that far, they have inevitably misunderstood in the most ridiculous way possible.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
no, seriously, what's the next step beyond "seize the means of production" that doesn't lead to any sort of hierarchy

who decides what the means of production actually produce and how much

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

well, if you assume a spherical communist of uniform density and neutral charge on a frictionless surface...

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

rjmccall posted:

no, seriously, what's the next step beyond "seize the means of production" that doesn't lead to any sort of hierarchy

who decides what the means of production actually produce and how much

you make as much as people need

:rolleye:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
rule 36: the app

https://twitter.com/BrandyLJensen/status/927287217982144512

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
what sort of idiot keeps a quarter million dollars in their bank savings account

lol, you get portions of your non-citi atm fees refunded, totally worth leaving 200 grand in an account earning .31%

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

The trick to becoming a tech exeuctive seems to be to go to Stanford and Wharton. I have no idea how you get into both of those schools unless you are already well connected or can suck a lot of dick. I believe both the Google CEO and CFO went there and that's probably not a coincidence.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

actionjackson posted:

can suck a lot of dick.

congrats on getting into stanford

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

exploded mummy posted:

it looks like theres some issue with tue safety inspection of the elevator too

i wonder why

https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/File:Call_light.jpg

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

well, if you assume a spherical communist of uniform density and neutral charge on a frictionless surface...

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

you make as much as people need

:rolleye:

how much is that?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

how much is that?

enough

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

how much is that?

well you see, with the attention economy, we can measure exactly how many marbles it is. going from that to anything useful is an open research question, though!

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

how do you know?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

how do you know?

because people will have enough

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
from each according to his latency, to each according to his k:d ratio

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

actionjackson posted:

The trick to becoming a tech exeuctive seems to be to go to Stanford and Wharton. I have no idea how you get into both of those schools unless you are already well connected

yeah its a real mystery

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
lmao even if you do get into the right school you're still not gonna be a tech exec unless you're well connected

going to the right school is more a different symptom with the same underlying cause

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

rjmccall posted:

shut down the internet and burn all the computers

i don't care what the next step is after that

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

ate all the Oreos posted:

shut down the internet and burn all the computers

i don't care what the next step is after that

agreedo

I keep hoping someone in the earliest days of the internet built in a killswitch

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

from each according to his latency, to each according to his k:d ratio

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

model 3 lookin solid

(you're supposed to use an electric button that pops the doors open -- this is a handle underneath it that actuates the latch)

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Sagebrush posted:

model 3 lookin solid

(you're supposed to use an electric button that pops the doors open -- this is a handle underneath it that actuates the latch)

lol my mustang has this figured out :cmon:

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

4_069.88

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

what the gently caress kind of maniac leaves that much money in a savings account

aw yiss gotta get that sweet .0005 percent interest

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

duTrieux. posted:

what the gently caress kind of maniac leaves that much money in a savings account

aw yiss gotta get that sweet .0005 percent interest

ally bank has a 1.35% savings account rate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
still prolly better to throw that into some municipal bond funds or something tho

• Locked thread