Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Max Wilco posted:

I guess now's a good time to ask if it's worth checking out World of Warcraft. I've considered trying it on a few occasions. I don't really know what's different with the vanilla servers and the modern servers, but I'm sort of curious to see what it's like.

I've always heard Monster Hunter described as being grindy games, which doesn't't really grab me. That being said, I've never played a Monster Hunter game, and I don't know anything about the new one coming out, so like with WOW, I'm sort of curious as to what people think about the new one based on what they've seen.

I will say that the closest I got to Monster Hunter was MGS: Peace Walker, which apart from having cameo Monster Hunter content, also took some cues from the games as well.

Pretty sure you can play WoW for free up until your char hits level 20 or something. Druid is a good starting class, as you can try a bit of everything with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Monster Hunter's a really cool series that absolutely does have major flaws (namely with how the controls are always invariably backwards and terrible; the PS2 games use the right analogue stick... to attack :psyduck:). The single-player campaign can feel a bit long in the tooth with some of the more boring and same-y quests that are 100% optional, but you'd never know that without knowing both what Key Quests are, and how to generally tell if something is one or not. It's really not that big of a deal though, since the single-player mostly exists to help you learn how to use the various weapons (because they DO all play very differently), understand the maps, figure out how to deal with the large monsters etc. But it's still mostly fun enough to deal with and some of the flagship monsters (the dudes on the box art) have some rad as gently caress fights in their own right, especially during the requisite early game invasions where they show up to be badasses and you can flee, but there's also no penalty for failure at that point so you gotta try to see if you can get something outta it.

Then the multiplayer is basically just a bunch of MMO Raids wherein you and a couple mates, and all your adorable cats, team up to dunk on giant motherfuckin' dragons and sea monsters and the world's most badass unicorn and things that shoot lasers made of lava out of their mouths, and sometimes there are great gag fights and it turns out that multiplayer Monster Hunter is insanely fun. If you're not into raids (I usually find them the least interesting parts of an MMO personally), I can definitely see why the games wouldn't appeal to someone at least. The end-game stuff does get tedious with how it ultimately descends into grinding out the same few monsters for multiple copies of their 1% drops just to make one piece of that sweet armour you want, and then you gotta do it again. And again. And again. And loving hell Pink Rathian you are the worst, stop it.

Wrageowrapper
Apr 30, 2009

DRINK! ARSE! FECKIN CHRISTMAS!
If you don't like grind then you really wouldn't like World of Warcraft. Not unless they have completely changed xp since the last time I played.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Pretty sure you can play WoW for free up until your char hits level 20 or something. Druid is a good starting class, as you can try a bit of everything with it.

Really? That's interesting. I thought the only way to try it was the 30-day free trial. Being able to play up to Level 20 sounds like it would gives you a lot more leeway for getting an impression of the game. One of the reason why I was always skeptical to try WOW or any MMO was because of the horror stories I've heard about people getting addicted to the game, but that setup makes me a bit more comfortable about giving it a try (though if it's anything like the other Blizzard games I've played, I'll probably end up not taking to it.)

Wrageowrapper posted:

If you don't like grind then you really wouldn't like World of Warcraft. Not unless they have completely changed xp since the last time I played.

I don't know if I'd say that I don't like grind, but I can't really recall any instances recently where I feel like I ran into it or where it really annoyed me .The only thing I can think of recently was when I was playing Dark Souls 1 earlier this year and I spent time in Anor Londo and The Duke's Archive fighting the giant guards and those jellyfish things to farm for souls and humanity. That wasn't so bad; it's the kind of thing that, depending on what it is, can be sort fun and relaxing if you do something like listen to a podcast or something. However, that was something that I chose to do.

The only bad example I can think of off the top of my head is a vague memory of when I was playing Kingdom Hearts 1. I kept visiting one enemy encounter in the whale stomach level so I could get an item drop that you needed for the Ultima Weapon, before I eventually got fed up and just continued on with the game. That had to have been around ten years or so, though.

Dragonatrix posted:

Monster Hunter's a really cool series that absolutely does have major flaws (namely with how the controls are always invariably backwards and terrible; the PS2 games use the right analogue stick... to attack :psyduck:). The single-player campaign can feel a bit long in the tooth with some of the more boring and same-y quests that are 100% optional, but you'd never know that without knowing both what Key Quests are, and how to generally tell if something is one or not. It's really not that big of a deal though, since the single-player mostly exists to help you learn how to use the various weapons (because they DO all play very differently), understand the maps, figure out how to deal with the large monsters etc. But it's still mostly fun enough to deal with and some of the flagship monsters (the dudes on the box art) have some rad as gently caress fights in their own right, especially during the requisite early game invasions where they show up to be badasses and you can flee, but there's also no penalty for failure at that point so you gotta try to see if you can get something outta it.

Then the multiplayer is basically just a bunch of MMO Raids wherein you and a couple mates, and all your adorable cats, team up to dunk on giant motherfuckin' dragons and sea monsters and the world's most badass unicorn and things that shoot lasers made of lava out of their mouths, and sometimes there are great gag fights and it turns out that multiplayer Monster Hunter is insanely fun. If you're not into raids (I usually find them the least interesting parts of an MMO personally), I can definitely see why the games wouldn't appeal to someone at least. The end-game stuff does get tedious with how it ultimately descends into grinding out the same few monsters for multiple copies of their 1% drops just to make one piece of that sweet armour you want, and then you gotta do it again. And again. And again. And loving hell Pink Rathian you are the worst, stop it.

The control wonkiness is a little off-putting, but the quest confusion sounds like something that's easily addressed by consulting a guide (which I imagine you'd want to check anyway to figure out how to craft items or whatever). The difference with weapons and monster fights sound interesting.

The MMO raid thing isn't something I'm familiar with, but like with the KH1 anecdote I posted above, that 1% drop chance sounds like a pain.

I remember that I downloaded demos of the Toukiden games for PS4, so I could try those and see how I like them, but I don't know how similar those are.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Wrageowrapper posted:

There is a shitload of content across all level ranges just from expansions overlapping. There isn't really a point where you're gonna be stuck for XP.

Now levelling professions on the other hand...

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
EDIT: ^^ I'm not sure there's going to be a shitload of content from overlapping expansions on the Vanilla server. :v:

Monster Hunter is a strange beast that seems to have hit the sweetspot when it comes to RNG Skinnerbox Loot driven gameplay considering how much success they've had and how little they've had to change over the years to keep succeeding. The fact that they're changing as much as they are is a little surprising and makes me wonder if the Monster Hunter Team is pissed off at Wikis because a lot of the QoL changes they're adding seem to be taking aim at the kind of stuff you had to go wiki surfing for. Key Quests will be clearly marked and the Hunting Journal will update itself with monster resistance values, break points and drops. They're even adding a full preview for armor sets you've unlocked maybe one piece for so you can know if the rest of the set is worth working towards before crafting. Seriously, did somebody over at kiranico upset Capcom?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

i am tim! posted:

EDIT: ^^ I'm not sure there's going to be a shitload of content from overlapping expansions on the Vanilla server. :v:

Oooh yeah, that's an entirely different matter. Especially for a Horde char.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

So far, it’s been the controls that have kept me from getting into Monster Hunter. But I’m going to try World because, if nothing else, I’ll have a right stick to control the camera. And if I can’t get used to the attack and action buttons—because for some reason the way MonHun places them is anathema to me—at least I won’t be fighting the camera at the same time.

I always say I hate grinding but when it comes down to it, repeatedly killing huge monsters to make new clothes and weapons from their parts is extremely my poo poo and I might as well lean into it.

Also the insect glaive, switch axe, and bow look absurdly fun to use.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

I find the Insect Glaive can be finnicky with some monsters. You have to get your bug to land hits on the Belly and Head to get the buff juice you need to go all out, and some monsters REALLY don’t like letting you hit their belly or head even if they’re on their side stunned.

Moving in Monster Hunter is going to stick around. They’re using a normal dual analog camera control (thank god), but the game is still very much built around animation locks and committing your to actions. If the idea that you have to find a careful opportunity to down a health potion and flex victoriously while a Trex is flailing around trying to eat you doesn’t sound fun, you probably won’t enjoy the game very much.

Edit: vv RIGHT, I see what you’re saying now, and I get what you mean there. I’ve been having that issue trying to jump into Dark Souls 3 after playing the hell out of Dragon’s Dogma. Dying because I was swinging my sword when I thought I would be rolling to safety gets old, even if it’s not really the game’s fault.

i am tim! fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Nov 6, 2017

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Animation locks don’t bother me, it’s just the actual button layout, really. It’s so hard for me to adjust after so many games put the attack buttons either on the left side of the face buttons or on the shoulder buttons.

It’s such a small thing to adjust to but it destroys me every time I try a new MH game.

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

Max Wilco posted:

I guess now's a good time to ask if it's worth checking out World of Warcraft. I've considered trying it on a few occasions. I don't really know what's different with the vanilla servers and the modern servers, but I'm sort of curious to see what it's like.

The Classic servers aren't out yet, but either way I wouldn't really recommend them as a first experience with the game. They're basically going to be digital archeology, an actual snapshot of the game as it was in 2007 with as few changes as are needed for security and stability. WoW was lightyears ahead of the competition in terms of usability and not being actively hostile to the player, but things have come so so so much further since then. It wasn't terribly grindy, not by MMO standards, until you got to the endgame, but it was still a very slow game with a lot of "kill 10 boars" style quests.

If you play modern WoW, however, the leveling is basically painless through the first 80 levels or so (80-85 are Cataclysm zones which suuuuu~uuuuck). If anything they've flattened the XP curve so much that the first 60 levels blow by faster than you can keep track. You only need to do about 25% of the quests in any given zone before they're several levels below you. If you finish some of the bigger zones you'll be able to skip the next zone entirely. The biggest issue is that the middle expansions are more or less empty, and it can get lonely. Even if you're not playing with others the whole point of an MMO is to at least be playing around others, and it starts to feel really empty when you've been questing in Northrend and haven't seen another player around your level for several hours.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

Is there more information about how the Classic Servers are going to be set up? All I have heard is that they’re coming, but not whether they’ll be full on older versions of the game (like the Emulator Servers) or something like EverQuest’s progression servers with the 2017 rule set, but content being limited the what was around during Vanilla. I did a quick google here at work but all I found were articles about the announcement.

Neither sound particularly interesting to me, but I am curious!

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

i am tim! posted:

Is there more information about how the Classic Servers are going to be set up? All I have heard is that they’re coming, but not whether they’ll be full on older versions of the game (like the Emulator Servers) or something like EverQuest’s progression servers with the 2017 rule set, but content being limited the what was around during Vanilla. I did a quick google here at work but all I found were articles about the announcement.

Neither sound particularly interesting to me, but I am curious!

The only thing they've really said was that they're not completely fresh servers. There won't be an Ahn'Qiraj opening event with no new Scarab Lords (which I don't blame them, that loving shitshow brought down the entirety of battlenet), there'll be some bugfixes, super minor patching and from the sounds of things every raid will be there from the start.

New Butt Order
Jun 20, 2017
I'm more curious about how much of the side/QoL stuff they're adding. Achivements/Titles, Dungeon Finder, etc. It's probably still not enough to get me to come back, but I'm at least interested in where they choose to land between "modern world of Warcraft but we just shut the gates to Outland" and "Exactly how vanilla was as of patch version X.YZ"

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

FoldableHuman posted:

If you play modern WoW, however, the leveling is basically painless through the first 80 levels or so (80-85 are Cataclysm zones which suuuuu~uuuuck). If anything they've flattened the XP curve so much that the first 60 levels blow by faster than you can keep track. You only need to do about 25% of the quests in any given zone before they're several levels below you. If you finish some of the bigger zones you'll be able to skip the next zone entirely. The biggest issue is that the middle expansions are more or less empty, and it can get lonely. Even if you're not playing with others the whole point of an MMO is to at least be playing around others, and it starts to feel really empty when you've been questing in Northrend and haven't seen another player around your level for several hours.

Apparently they're making (made? idk) stuff scale to your level so you don't just blow past tons of stuff.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Max Wilco posted:

The MMO raid thing isn't something I'm familiar with, but like with the KH1 anecdote I posted above, that 1% drop chance sounds like a pain.

The low drop items are a bit unusual in that they're not per monster but per carve/shiny drop/capture reward/wound reward. So as an example, one of the earliest rare items hunters generally need is a Rathalos Ruby which you get from a Rathalos - basically a fire breathing dragon. You can get it by cutting off its tail, knocking it out of the sky, catching it alive, cracking its skull, or breaking its back. Each of those actions all have different chances for getting you a ruby, and if you have the right equipment or the right team there's nothing stopping you from doing all of them in one hunt.

The low drops are definitely partly about grind, but they're also way to incentivize riskier play. Your best way to get that ruby is to crack a Rathalos's skull, but that means some one with a blunt weapon needs to spend a lot of time right up in the face of a fire breathing dragon. It's also kinda dumb because there's already mechanical in fight benefits to doing the riskier poo poo. Popping a monster in the face with a hammer a whole bunch is also how you stun it for a few seconds. In short, Monster Hunter is a land of dumb contrasts.

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

New Butt Order posted:

I'm more curious about how much of the side/QoL stuff they're adding. Achivements/Titles, Dungeon Finder, etc. It's probably still not enough to get me to come back, but I'm at least interested in where they choose to land between "modern world of Warcraft but we just shut the gates to Outland" and "Exactly how vanilla was as of patch version X.YZ"

From what I understand it's basically going to be patch 1.13, i.e. 1.12 but with some fixes and only the most egregious balance changes. Achievements, titles, dungeon finder, transmog, all of that stuff is out, they're starting from the 1.12 sever software, they just figured out how to get it running on the post-Pandaria hardware. The PC Gamer interview more or less said that it is what it is, and it's ultimately for tourists and people who are okay with that. So, for example, Balance Druids will still be basically useless, and Rogues will be sitting ducks in PvP, just like they were during 1.12, and that's just the way it'll be.

John Murdoch posted:

Apparently they're making (made? idk) stuff scale to your level so you don't just blow past tons of stuff.

This was in the works for a while, they had the underlying tech working in Warlords, so they might have already rolled it out game wide. I confess I never actually got Legion.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

FoldableHuman posted:

From what I understand it's basically going to be patch 1.13, i.e. 1.12 but with some fixes and only the most egregious balance changes. Achievements, titles, dungeon finder, transmog, all of that stuff is out, they're starting from the 1.12 sever software, they just figured out how to get it running on the post-Pandaria hardware. The PC Gamer interview more or less said that it is what it is, and it's ultimately for tourists and people who are okay with that. So, for example, Balance Druids will still be basically useless, and Rogues will be sitting ducks in PvP, just like they were during 1.12, and that's just the way it'll be.

Wait so is this before or after the ludicrous late-classic set 3 Paladin PVP builds were viable?

poparena
Oct 31, 2012

New video for you guys to ignore, trying to pop a few holes in the legacy of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

FoldableHuman posted:

This was in the works for a while, they had the underlying tech working in Warlords, so they might have already rolled it out game wide. I confess I never actually got Legion.

Huh! Well, I'll give them credit for going whole hog. I was originally expecting them to restore the old zone layouts, NPCs and quests, then just level lock people to 60 with the current class balance. It's going to be interesting to see exactly how many people will stick around after the nostalgia or curiosity wears off. I do have to admit that this sort of reminds me of when they added the level-locked Battleground queues for low level twink PvPers who swear it was about the specific challenge and not curb stomping people playing normally.

i am tim! fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Nov 6, 2017

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

i just saw it pop up in my subscription list thingy
pretty interesting! the early history of animation kind of feels like a realm of myth, there's so little left of the original productions

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

FoldableHuman posted:

It was part of the Legion expansion zones, and they're making it game wide in the next expansion. You'll even be able to hit both Outlands and Northrend at 60, take them in either order.

New Butt Order
Jun 20, 2017

FoldableHuman posted:

Well, I have a friend who is still super smug about being the only balance druid in high-level play during Vanilla, so if nothing else Blizzard will get one person to come back.

Still watching and waiting for Blizzard to do something to sweeten the pot for the tourists (how much of the current WoW playerbase was even around for BC, let alone Vanilla?) because the fallout from purists is going to be good content.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

New Butt Order posted:

Because the fallout from purists is going to be good content.

I promise you most of the people who've been haranguing blizzard for years aren't actually gonna be happy no matter what happens, a lot of them have only ever wanted to pull some "IN MY DAY" card and blizz are finally calling them on it. Classic server isn't gonna wind them and their social circle back 13 years, it's also not gonna somehow wind the internet and guide accessibility back 13 years, you can easily google where all the vaguely worded quests want you to go, you can google mankirk's wife, people know every optimal strat for every old piece of content, all the old tricks are well documented, people are gonna follow guides for their talents same as now. That and if there's no kind of cross-realm anything, a bunch of them are probably gonna throw fits when they basically get community blacklisted for one reason or another like back when too. Basically yeah it's gonna be fun to watch a bunch of that crowd blow their top because blizzard isn't selling them a time machine.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Nov 7, 2017

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Single player is dead.

OR IS IT?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUWkt5boXyE

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

SteelMentor posted:

The only thing they've really said was that they're not completely fresh servers. There won't be an Ahn'Qiraj opening event with no new Scarab Lords (which I don't blame them, that loving shitshow brought down the entirety of battlenet), there'll be some bugfixes, super minor patching and from the sounds of things every raid will be there from the start.

I'll be honest, I would have come back if I could have gotten the black AQ mount. But I guess I'm still safe from ever playing WoW again, thanks.

Yardbomb posted:

That and if there's no kind of cross-realm anything, a bunch of them are probably gonna throw fits when they basically get community blacklisted for one reason or another like back when too. Basically yeah it's gonna be fun to watch a bunch of that crowd blow their top because blizzard isn't selling them a time machine.

Guild destroying meltdowns were the best part of old WoW though! Everyone loved GMs who gave themselves and their best buddies free pick of anything cool that dropped.

Conal Cochran
Dec 2, 2013

This is great and deserves to go viral. I would always watch your videos when you posted a link in this thread, but this finally got me to subscribe to your channel.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

I liked it. I wrote a huge-rear end essay covering some of the same things for my final in Animation History back when I was in college (it was mostly about fleischer and his contributions to animation and what the gently caress even happened to him) but it really soured me on disney when I realized just how much of their poo poo was so manufactured and fake. Not even just like modern disney stuff, but even the classics.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Yardbomb posted:

I promise you most of the people who've been haranguing blizzard for years aren't actually gonna be happy no matter what happens, a lot of them have only ever wanted to pull some "IN MY DAY" card and blizz are finally calling them on it. Classic server isn't gonna wind them and their social circle back 13 years, it's also not gonna somehow wind the internet and guide accessibility back 13 years, you can easily google where all the vaguely worded quests want you to go, you can google mankirk's wife, people know every optimal strat for every old piece of content, all the old tricks are well documented, people are gonna follow guides for their talents same as now. That and if there's no kind of cross-realm anything, a bunch of them are probably gonna throw fits when they basically get community blacklisted for one reason or another like back when too. Basically yeah it's gonna be fun to watch a bunch of that crowd blow their top because blizzard isn't selling them a time machine.

I'm not too interested in checking out the vanilla servers (at least not in-depth), but I would think that if they're set up similar to Nostalrius (which was what kicked off the whole controversy), they'll still appeal pretty well to some.

Also, I don't know why, but I'm vaguely afraid to Google the phrase 'mankirk's wife.'

Someone recommended taking Druid as a starting class if I'm new to the series, but I'm curious if starting with another type of class is also viable. On the flip side, I'm wondering if there's a specific race or faction that I should take (I remember reading an article a long time ago where it mentioned something along the lines about how you didn't have to choose the Alliance or Horde and you could be independent, but I don't know if that's accurate.) I ask because looking at the character and class lists, the one class that seems really cool to me is Undead, but it looks like Druid is not an available class.

Max Wilco fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Nov 7, 2017

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Max Wilco posted:

Also, I don't know why, but I'm vaguely afraid to Google the phrase 'mankirk's wife.'

Horde-side quest where a guy wants you to find his lost (Dead) wife, there was so little direction given and she was actually a mile away from the quest giver in a whole different zone southwards, people would search for literally hours to no avail so after being asked a million times, "Where's mankrik's wife" and the answers to it became a meme. :v:

Max Wilco posted:

Someone recommended taking Druid as a starting class if I'm new to the series, but I'm curious if starting with another type of class is also viable. On the flip side, I'm wondering if there's a specific race or faction that I should take (I remember reading an article a long time ago where it mentioned something along the lines about how you didn't have to choose the Alliance or Horde and you could be independent, but I don't know if that's accurate.) I ask because looking at the character and class lists, the one class that seems really cool to me is Undead, but it looks like Druid is not an available class.

Every class works honestly, the main reason druid got recommended is that they can do any role so you can mess around, but then paladin can also do that and there's others with multiple choice as well, warrior can be DPS/tank, shaman can be DPS/heal, stuff like that. The "independent" race was pandarens, they start off neutral to either side and have their own big instanced opening area, then at the end of that you pick a side. Also yeah some classes are really race restricted, druid is one of those having only 4 races available, paladin's another with about the same and shaman as well. Undead are cool though, they can do most classes anyhow, lacking only paladin/druid/shaman so if you wanna play undead go for it and grab whatever else sounds interesting.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Nov 7, 2017

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Max Wilco posted:

That was my suggestion. Druid is a good starting class because its talent specs cover every style of gameplay there is. You can try being everything from a melee tank to a spellcaster or healer to get a feel for each role.

There's also nothing stopping you from having multiple characters on a server to try different classes either.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Also if you ever try vanilla, whether on some private server or when WoW classic happens, for the love of god don't play paladin or druid there though.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
History Buffs: From Hell

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Missed this, but Bennett is back with a new Anime Abandon, Garaga.
Good to see he's back up and running after California caught fire.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/JimSterling/status/928587117424504832
Eh probably not the best take there Jim

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

To some part he's not wrong.

https://twitter.com/Dajmin/status/928587552407289857

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Having read the Death of WCW now it does sound awful familiar. The only problem is that wrestling fans have better taste and vote with their wallet better than gamers.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Speaking of Wrestling, Wrestling with Wregret put out their review of Marine 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHELjzBmXaI

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Terrible Opinions posted:

Having read the Death of WCW now it does sound awful familiar. The only problem is that wrestling fans have better taste and vote with their wallet better than gamers.

WCW was more a case of "getting a massive influx of casual fans riding a cultural wave and then being driven directly to the core of the earth by insane management and poor financial planning once the casual fans either start preferring the competition or just leaving"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Alaois posted:

WCW was more a case of "getting a massive influx of casual fans riding a cultural wave and then being driven directly to the core of the earth by insane management and poor financial planning once the casual fans either start preferring the competition or just leaving"

I do think that there are parallels. WCW hit a good thing with NWO, went all in on that to the detriment of everything else and made literally all the wrong decisions behind the scenes.

• Locked thread