Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

her sleep does damage too

i think the idea is to poke w/ Q, then catch them with her sleep and flash forward for the spell thief damage for the kill

also i think you can ult through a wave to hit sleep more easily

Makes sense, but still very much reliant on both landing those long range Q's for damage. I suspect it's going to do jack poo poo up close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Played 1 game with new runes, got utterly annihilated by a Vayne + Lulu with all the attack speed.

Everything felt just a little bit off, this will take a while to get used to.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

kingcobweb posted:

[Warning: sincere post]

It seems like an attempt to tailor a champ’s aesthetics toward women that isn’t just Hot Woman To Cosplay as. Her aesthetic reminds me of the stuff my queer friends repost all the time (like Splatoon)

Possible, on the other hand she’s literally a 10,000 year old demon who looks 12.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

pog boyfriend posted:

basically she is going to have a 30% winrate due to bronze ppl playing her like absolute dog poo poo

if you ignore that all of the sites that post win rate stats pick from plat+ i agree

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

VodeAndreas posted:

Played 1 game with new runes, got utterly annihilated by a Vayne + Lulu with all the attack speed.

Everything felt just a little bit off, this will take a while to get used to.

Vayne with Lethal Tempo? I would've thought Press the Attack for W synergy. Unless you mean Alacrity.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
So should I wait until the rune rework is settled to start playing again?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

It's literally going live on Wednesday (for NA at least) so yeah I'd at least wait until it hits.

If you mean settled as in 'balanced' or 'stable' i'd say gently caress no because they're almost definitely gonna still be working on this poo poo through midseason

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

if you ignore that all of the sites that post win rate stats pick from plat+ i agree

bronze is a state of mind, not a rank, my friend. anyone who has seen a platinum yasuo or riven player will understand this.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Kooriken posted:

Also Project Jhin is day 1 purchase for me.

Vi looks kinda bland, Vayne looks neat but there's really no shortage of good Vayne skins. I was sold on Jhin though just from the recall animation.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i think the most mechanically skilled player i have ever witnessed was a dude in a bronze 5 game i was spectating. this lee sin was just like outrageously good, but also he was tower diving garen two towers deep while his team was giving up everything on the map. he had at least a 10 kda and his team lost

it wasnt even a good player intentionally throwing you could tell this dude was just dumb as gently caress, it was pure and good

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

i think the most mechanically skilled player i have ever witnessed was a dude in a bronze 5 game i was spectating. this lee sin was just like outrageously good, but also he was tower diving garen two towers deep while his team was giving up everything on the map. he had at least a 10 kda and his team lost

it wasnt even a good player intentionally throwing you could tell this dude was just dumb as gently caress, it was pure and good

there was a guy in season 2 who just stacked lifesteal items on olaf and that was his build, he would have like 4 bloodthirsters and poo poo, and he would stomp every game until he got to a level in gold where people figured out how to deal with his bullshit, then lose while still having insanely high KDs, then drop down to silver, then repeat zigzagging between roughly silver 5 and gold 5 and that was all he did and he had fun every game and that guy is my league of legends hero though i forget his name

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

since different combinations of rune trees give you flat stat bonuses currently, that would have been a good place to put +5 minion damage. just put it on every single combination.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

Radical posted:

since different combinations of rune trees give you flat stat bonuses currently, that would have been a good place to put +5 minion damage. just put it on every single combination.

it wouldnt surprise me if they did something like this

alternatively: the extra 5 damage is coded as a caster minion shot which is hidden inside your regular attack animation

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
6 seconds of 30-80% attack speed on a 10 second cooldown that can go past the attack speed cap seems stupidly strong on any character reliant on autos to the point that without even seeing it in action I feel like it will get absurdly nerfed within a week.

Are Kayle and Mundo the only champions that will start with 15% attack speed at level 1?

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

it wouldnt surprise me if they did something like this

alternatively: the extra 5 damage is coded as a caster minion shot which is hidden inside your regular attack animation

It's actually coded as a minion that spawns whenever you use an auto-attack, and if it intersects with another minion it vanishes and deals 5 extra damage. Otherwise, it's deleted after 0.1 seconds.

(note: singed poision, for a very long time, was coded like that).

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
There's nothing wrong with coding stuff like that unless you're Riot and dont have a dummy flag for those minions.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Monathin posted:

Vayne with Lethal Tempo? I would've thought Press the Attack for W synergy. Unless you mean Alacrity.

Yeah Vayne had Lethal Tempo keystoned, the Lulu had the summoner spell changer as their keystone but not sure what else they had to support behind that... I'm sure people will try everything over the next couple of days

I think I might take a bit of a break while smarter minds figure this all out for me and there's some inevitable hotfixes.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

dummy casters is how basically every custom wc3 spell worked, and a lot of the issues riot ran into over the years also happened in wc3 customs which has always been hilarious to me.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Radical posted:

dummy casters is how basically every custom wc3 spell worked, and a lot of the issues riot ran into over the years also happened in wc3 customs which has always been hilarious to me.

For most of WoW's life, every quest trigger that wasn't kill 10 bears and collect 10 bear asses killed an invisible rabbit.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Zoe looks dumb but I'll take that over Generic Hot Girl like 99% of the female characters in this game.

How many rune pages are we gonna get? Is it going to be like masteries where you can make like 20 of them for different heroes, or are they calling them runes cause they want to sell pages?

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I think its the latter. On the other hand, once you're used to it I'm sure you'll be adjusting them in like 5 seconds anyway

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
This champ seems basically like tailored to lilypichu and other lovely anime twitch streamer girls

Lots of flashes that they can uselessly blow and poo poo

Surprised she isn’t a healer support

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
previously bought rune pages are being refunded so i assume you can make as many sets for the new thing as you want

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

6 seconds of 30-80% attack speed on a 10 second cooldown that can go past the attack speed cap seems stupidly strong on any character reliant on autos to the point that without even seeing it in action I feel like it will get absurdly nerfed within a week.

Are Kayle and Mundo the only champions that will start with 15% attack speed at level 1?

Amumu, Malph, Mao, Naut, Rammus, Shen, Zac

Yasuo gets +4%

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
This made me chuckle

from this game

http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUW1/3401208794/37524858?tab=overview

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
im ready

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

how was the match so long

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

how was the match so long

literal bronze flex queue

Shouldn't you turn that IP into champ shard and then disenchant them? I think it's always going to be worth it as long as you don't have any 450/1350/3150 IP champs left to buy

Teikanmi fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Nov 7, 2017

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Teikanmi posted:

literal bronze flex queue
Riven is Plat 5

Kindred's runes for that game: 3 AP Quints, 1 Magic Resist Glyph

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I've got basically every champ, or at least everyone below 6300

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Elman posted:

Zoe looks dumb but I'll take that over Generic Hot Girl like 99% of the female characters in this game.

How many rune pages are we gonna get? Is it going to be like masteries where you can make like 20 of them for different heroes, or are they calling them runes cause they want to sell pages?

I've got 4 by default and store has an option to buy more for 590RP or 6300BE, 7 page bundle for 2600RP, so just like they used to be
(I also had 4 rune pages beforehand so might be directly linked)

In addition to that it comes pre-set with a demo one for each tree (presumably so people aren't completely screwed when they start up a game without realising what's happened)
Preset keystones are:
Unsealed Spellbook for Inspiration
Arcane Comet for Sorcery
Press The Attack for Precision
Electrocute for Domination
Grasp of the Undying for Resolve

VodeAndreas fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Nov 7, 2017

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

Elman posted:

They're calling them runes so that people get less mad about runes being removed.

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011

VodeAndreas posted:

I've got 4 by default and store has an option to buy more for 590RP or 6300BE, 7 page bundle for 2600RP, so just like they used to be
(I also had 4 rune pages beforehand so might be directly linked)

It is. I have 20.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Thumbtacks posted:

I've got basically every champ, or at least everyone below 6300

From what I've head you should convert all IP into champ shards then and disenchant them because you can't reroll champ shards for a 5100IP new champ in the future, so you'll get more from disenchanting

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Yes, she is at S5 MMR for Flex, but Flex counts less than Solo Queue and she's at P5 in Solo with a solid winrate :colbert:

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Killed By Death posted:

Yes, she is at S5 MMR for Flex, but Flex counts less than Solo Queue and she's at P5 in Solo with a solid winrate :colbert:

She's still in Bronze flex queue

is that you or something

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

I wonder what Precision keystone will be best for jungle Xin Zhao. Press the attack (boosts your 3rd attack & weakens enemy) seems like a perfect fit with his Q, but lethal tempo (crazy attack speed) is probably all around better.

Elman fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Nov 7, 2017

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
Wonder what placement hilarity we can expect this year. Last year I ended on gold 2 in ranked, and got placed in bronze and silver 5 in flex and solo at the beginning of this season.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Teikanmi posted:

Shouldn't you turn that IP into champ shard and then disenchant them? I think it's always going to be worth it as long as you don't have any 450/1350/3150 IP champs left to buy

That isn't how that works, you don't get champ shards you don't have you just get them at random.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I dunno man I just saw something on reddit that said you should spend all your IP on champ shards and disenchant them or something

not like I have any IP anyways though

• Locked thread