Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

a neat cape posted:

The Chargers have actually won three of four and are good

The Chargers have the same record as the Broncos. "Good" isn't a term I'd use right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Croatoan posted:

The Chargers have the same record as the Broncos. "Good" isn't a term I'd use right now.
:eng101: W/L record isn't necessarily a great indicator of how good a team truly is. There are many variables; strength of schedule chief among them.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Croatoan posted:

The Chargers started bad and are good now. Denver started good and are bad now. Same record, much different feeling.

Eli Wiggum posted:

Is that one dude still flying those anti-Spanos banners at Chargers home games?

He's doing it at away games too. Both in LA and other places

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

He's doing it at away games too. Both in LA and other places

Has Spanos attempted to complain on other owners' behalf to the FAA about places that are actually big enough for the FAA to care about?

Every time I think about that story I laugh.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Has Spanos attempted to complain on other owners' behalf to the FAA about places that are actually big enough for the FAA to care about?

Every time I think about that story I laugh.

I haven't heard anything about it, but now I'm imagining the other owners just laughing and allowing it because "you shouldn't have moved, idiot."

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Eli Wiggum posted:

Defense flat out quit. Vance has lost his players and it's very clear he isn't cut out for the job.
To borrow from parm, it's a just result for harboring sexual assaulter's.

But in actual seriousness, my hot take is that John Elway is actually not a good General Manager and the earlier the Broncos realize this and fire him the better off they are.

kiimo posted:

Even though when I said it Zeke was suspended it was foolish of me to say the Chiefs would roll Dallas.

The Chiefs aren't rolling anybody with this defense. The sad thing is there doesn't seem to be a solution available.

How do you fix being pussies?
I think at least some of this Defense has given up on Bob Sutton and his bullshit. Well, at least Marcus Peters has with his minimal effort tackling.

They need a DL that can actually generate pressure and a Coordinator that doesn't play soft coverage with 3 down linemen over and over and over.

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Nov 7, 2017

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LiquidFriend posted:

They need a DL that can actually generate pressure and a Coordinator that doesn't play soft coverage with 3 down linemen over and over and over.

They didn't really do that this much this last game, or at least not as egregiously. They just got beat.

Which is either better or worse depending on your perspective.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

My worry with replacing Elway, who isn't perfect but isn't bad, is who replaces him?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

3 DONG HORSE posted:

My worry with replacing Elway, who isn't perfect but isn't bad, is who replaces him?
The Washington team fired a GM because he was too good. That's where I would go.

Grittybeard posted:

They didn't really do that this much this last game, or at least not as egregiously. They just got beat.

Which is either better or worse depending on your perspective.
Nah, Sutton was doing it at critical moments.

When the Cowboys got a 2 possession lead before the half, he went soft coverage on 3rd down which they easily converted and followed it up with that huge play that was once again soft coverage with 3.

That's if he wasn't sitting in Cover 2, which the Cowboys ate up. Man, Bob Sutton really sucks.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Yes, let's hire an alcoholic GM on a team whose owner is nearly senile and the next in line is an alcoholic. That will work out well!

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I'd say most nfl exec's abuse something and being a drunk doesn't seem to have any impact on building a team.

I don't think I'd give the slightest gently caress if Veach was shooting up between his toes as long as he nailed the draft and FA.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Nm

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

There are more quality choices out there beyond McClellan though. Gettleman was doing a hell of a job in Carolina and got fired because he was running the team properly and didn't want to extend a bunch of old players.

John Dorsey will be a hell of an executive as long as he's paired with a competent salary cap guru. Elway has been just average overall and totally abysmal at drafting QB's, which is amusing.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

AJ Smith is available

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

AJ Smith is available

I think the Broncos should bring in Carl Peterson for a consult on who to hire (not a GM but wasn't Carl a big part of getting Philbin to Miami?).

e: haha, yes he was.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Eli Wiggum posted:

:eng101: W/L record isn't necessarily a great indicator of how good a team truly is. There are many variables; strength of schedule chief among them.

The raiders crushed the Jets, the Jets crushed the bills, and the bills crushed the raiders. "Good" and "bad" are simplistic human concepts we've created to assign value to that which cannot be quantified. The fact is that the dealings of the football gods are outside of the mortal plane, and it is only with arrogance or stupidity with which a mortal can claim to know the intricacies of these inner workings. From our lowly vantage point, chaos reigns. All teams are good and bad simultaneously.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

John Dorsey is terrible and the Broncos should never call him. Forget you ever heard his name.

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Here's my prediction. Colts will drop or trade Luck after being in position to draft Darnold. Broncos will pick him up and appear in multiple Superbowls.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Darnold's not looking all that great this year. There was some rumor he'd go back to school if the Browns got the first pick but I think he's just going to stay at USC anyway.

Can I interest you in a Josh Rosen?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Darnold's not looking all that great this year. There was some rumor he'd go back to school if the Browns got the first pick but I think he's just going to stay at USC anyway.

Can I interest you in a Josh Rosen?

He's ours you fucker

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

He's ours you fucker

That post was all about baiting you.

I don't love Rosen all that much either honestly, so it wouldn't break my heart if you got him.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I'm going down with Rosen like the Titanic. I've been on this train for two years

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Manning

Also, I'm betting we're going to have a rough Sunday again. Sorry bud.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Can someone give me a convincing explanation for letting Wade Phillips go? Why even seek out a defensive HC?

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
^ Elway apparently really wanted Joseph for the Broncos job back after he fired John Fox in 2015 but IIRC, he was on the Bengals at the time and Cinci didn't want to let him go. So he brought his old buddies Kubiak and Wade back. As for why he let Wade leave, probably because he wanted to let Joseph pick and choose his own staff. (though in retrospect he probably would've benefitted keeping Wade at least a year longer)

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Lmao the chargers

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Blitz7x posted:

Lmao the chargers

*Marquis Lee taunt dance*

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Same old Chargers

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
The Jags have an excellent defense, but man, our wideouts suck this year aside for Keenan.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

a neat cape posted:

Same old Chargers

a neat cape posted:

The Chargers have actually won three of four and are good

🤔

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Both were true at the time of posting

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Power of Pecota posted:

*Marquis Lee taunt dance*

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Somebody go put a picture of Tyrell Williams on a carton of milk 'cause he disappeared this year

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Durandal1707 posted:

Somebody go put a picture of Tyrell Williams on a carton of milk 'cause he disappeared this year

I told you all last year Inman was better

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I still stand by Tyrell having the much higher ceiling, but yeah, as of right now you're correct.

All of the WRs on this team except for Keenan are really bad right now.

-T. Williams isn't a physical dude so despite his big frame he gets shut down by super physical CBs and the Jags have 'em.
-Benjamin is frustrating because he has all world speed but he abhors contact and he's not a very good route runner.
-M. Williams is barely seeing the field because of the injury. He looked good catching that one pass for 20 yards and he'll be a solid possession guy in the future.

They just really need somebody aside for Keenan to step up and make a play and none of 'em are doing it right now.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Durandal1707 posted:

-M. Williams is barely seeing the field because of the injury. He looked good catching that one pass for 20 yards and he'll be a solid possession guy in the future.

Said it in the GDT but Mike Williams looks bigger than he's listed on the field. I saw him catch that pass and I was like "who is this new Chargers tight end?"

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
Yay Chargers lost

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I hate Vance Joseph so much

spankweasel
Jan 4, 2006

I wasn't able to watch the game due to a) not having an HD antenna and b) PS Vue not having a deal with NBC. From what's being said on the r/denverbroncos subreddit it looks like VJ has already pretty much used up any goodwill left in the town and is being called out for not being ready for a head coaching gig:

https://twitter.com/markkiszla/status/929948312844820480

I know LG and RT have been god awful this year and let's not get started on the fact that Brock Osweiler is our current QB but with the number of mistakes on special teams (24 points last night), the defense flat quitting in the last two games, and the offense being a tire fire in general doesn't this start with VJ and Elway? What are the chances that VJ is fired in year 1? I know it doesn't happen often and the players hate it but you can't tell me this season is "just growing pains" for a new coach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
He's not as bad as McDaniels was.

He needs to go though.

• Locked thread