Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Eh, Deku launched an Overhaul who definitely weighed much more than that Noumu into the sky, so I don't consider that an example of the difference in their power (though that All Might was exhausted from overwhelming the Noumu's shock absorption). It's mostly stuff like the "shockwave that can destroy multiple buildings" that comes to mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I can't believe there's this many people that haven't watched enough DBZ and DBS to understand that power levels are bullshit.

gently caress, they even give you an out in the form of Full Cowl as a make-up technique for Deku.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
:spergin: gonna :spergin:.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I've always kinda believed that Midoriya isn't using OFA right. Like he literally isn't infusing his body with it properly since All Might seemed to gain some damage resistance from it.

His body was fully falling apart during the Noumu and AFO fights and he could still tank ridiculous damage without counterpunching it. There's got to be some way where you infuse yourself with OFA energy that makes you tougher.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

:geno:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm going to guess it has something to do with that he's got it going through his muscles, but has never really thought about actually putting it into his bones.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

PMush Perfect posted:

I'm going to guess it has something to do with that he's got it going through his muscles, but has never really thought about actually putting it into his bones.

Deku had to get loving ripped before All Might would transfer OFA to him

So I guess he just got lazy about bulking up once he got it :shrug:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

To borrow Deku's extended food metaphor: "Oh, right, I'm not an egg OR a taiyaki! I have bones!"

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Hes not even using that much power & here's how I know: we havent even had one scene where Deku is about to lose and he flashes to the One for All cave where he gets a wise mentor lesson which unlocks his Shikai or whatever.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Work Friend Keven posted:

Hes not even using that much power & here's how I know: we havent even had one scene where Deku is about to lose and he flashes to the One for All cave where he gets a wise mentor lesson which unlocks his Shikai or whatever.

messed up that deku got to go super saiyan without even needing someone to die first

who's deku's krillin anyway. iida?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Eri's quirk is going to stop working right before the end of the fight so Deku will win but his body will be so destroyed he can never use OfA again, so he passes it on to Mirio since he lost his powers.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Still wondering what'll happen to the bullets and serum overhaul has on him.

I mean, the league has to get SOMETHING out of this.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Deku infuses his brain with OfA and becomes a hypergenius.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

Ytlaya posted:

Deku infuses his brain with OfA and becomes a hypergenius.

MHA just becomes Hori writing Deku writing the rest of Hunter X Hunter

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Manatee Cannon posted:

deku specifically says that 100% is all might's power, so that's what it is unless horikoshi has said otherwise

Yyeah i see no reason to think otherwise outside of a desire for deku to be weaker than all might, either for personal or storytelling reasons

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I repeat, the reactions to Full Cowl 110% are going to be amazing.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Aurora posted:

it's not by horikoshi though

do we know how much or how little involvement he has with it? I find it hard to believe he'd just pass it off to someone wholesale.

e: oh god a whole page happened.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Manatee Cannon posted:

deku specifically says that 100% is all might's power, so that's what it is unless horikoshi has said otherwise

Deku should be stronger than All Might though so is 100% All Might level or 100% of what OfA can do with All Might+Another persons strength added?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he goes over 100% in the same fight he says he hit someone with all might's power. 100% is all might and more is to go beyond plus ultra

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I hope MHA gets to some 7+ digit power level percentages with no repercussions soon so that everyone can finally acknowledge that Vigilantes was always The Good One.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

tweet my meat posted:

I hope MHA gets to some 7+ digit power level percentages with no repercussions soon so that everyone can finally acknowledge that Vigilantes was always The Good One.

it wasn't

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I read the first five chapters of vigilantes and it did nothing for me

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I will say that Vigilantes is weird since it kind of restarts three times, but once it settles it gets much better than it was in the beginning.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I can't wait till we're another 2 arcs in and Deku's screaming 400trillion% smash and lore experts rush to their keyboards to posit their obviously correct explanation on what that actually means.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

This is a Full Cowl that's ascended beyond a Full Cowl, but you can just call it a Full Cowl 2.

And this is... to go.... even... further.... beyond....!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I can't wait for Deku to fight his evil side and the Dark All For One.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Deku Black has a 100% Full Scowl

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

Dragonatrix posted:

Deku Black has a 100% Full Scowl

the tree of all might

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I can't wait for the manga to subvert expectations and have Bakugo marry Uraraka.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Mraagvpeine posted:

I can't wait for the manga to subvert expectations and have Bakugo marry Uraraka.

ONLY VILLAINS DO THIS!

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Mraagvpeine posted:

I can't wait for the manga to subvert expectations and have Bakugo marry Uraraka Mei.

Then a guy with weird hair and OFA arrives from the future.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Both Uraraka and Hastume Mei are too good for Bakugo. Basically every girl in this thing is too good for Bakugo.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

SpacePig posted:

Both Uraraka and Hastume Mei are too good for Bakugo. Basically every girl in this thing is too good for Bakugo.

Bakugo x Froppy, OTP

FROGSPLOSION!

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Aurora posted:

it wasn't

Yeah I tried to give Vigilantes a chance but it's got no creativity and moves too slow, the only interesting thing about it is the 90s comic book inspiration.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

The Deku/Uraraka endgame has been so obvious from the start, almost obligatory, that I always kind of hoped there'd be a twist where they didn't end up together.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Twists for the sake of twists are lame even in regards to something as unimportant as shonen romance.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Twists for the sake of twists are lame even in regards to something as unimportant as shonen romance.

It wouldn't be for the sake of a twist, it'd be because their romance is so perfunctory that averting it would almost be a relief. Plus Horikoshi's averted shonen tropes before like "getting injured just makes you stronger" and "the mentor dies" (maybe)

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

If it wasn't the endgame and instead happened during the story, that would be a neat twist.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

JahRoo posted:

If it wasn't the endgame and instead happened during the story, that would be a neat twist.

Good point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SpacePig posted:

Basically nobody in this thing is good enough for Bakugo but Kirishima.