Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

algebra testes posted:

My favorite is when someone tells a hilariously off color joke before the end of commercial and the pbp guy has to bring them back from break without giggling.

During the 2002 Coke 600, I was surprised to hear Allen Bestwick, Benny Parsons, Wally Dallenbach, and Bill Weber at a FOX race. They and their producer were doing a rehearsal broadcast for the NBC half of the season- Weber did all the "pit reports". They stayed about a hundred laps, at which point they decided they were done.

The most interesting part was when they would lose their momentum because FOX would pop a graphic they weren't expecting since they were using the FOX video feed (BP talked about how much he liked their graphics).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

It's all fun and games until Johnson goes HAM the next two weeks, folks.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
So he didn’t shoot guns up in the air as a winner today?

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

soggybagel posted:

So he didn’t shoot guns up in the air as a winner today?

Saw on Twitter they called that off after the shooting in San Antonio.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Elitist Bitch posted:

SRA in the top ten!

... And he's gone.

This is classic SRA.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

http://www.roushfenway.com/roush-fenway-racing-honors-robert-yates-with-tribute-paint-scheme/

:eyepop:

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

As cool as this is, it's the wrong number and the wrong sponsor. Tribute paint schemes are kind of lacking without at least one of those other things.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

That face on the livery is gunna get so smashed up

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Even stripping away the tribute aspects it still looks dope as gently caress

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i am thinking of streaming a new nascar thunder 2003 career mode starting this week or maybe next week. there were like 5-10 people chatting in twitch on most nights last time i did this, so if you don't wanna be bored cause racing season is almost over, mayhaps i'll have the cure for you.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

financially racist posted:

i am thinking of streaming a new nascar thunder 2003 career mode starting this week or maybe next week. there were like 5-10 people chatting in twitch on most nights last time i did this, so if you don't wanna be bored cause racing season is almost over, mayhaps i'll have the cure for you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xocHahDkXEo

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

only if you do that martinsville thing again

do you got that video anywhere I was looking for it the other day

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

The posts I quoted below also remind me that we're approaching the offseason, which means Winter Heat if anybody wants to do it again because I'm game. If I had more time (stupid job :argh:), I'd try to organize some sort of weekly playlist, so there's an idea if somebody wants to do it.

I would like to watch because that was really fun last time, please post a link tia.

...I wondered who financially racist was. Al Qaeda Racing lives on?

exploded mummy posted:

I liked when the whole field wrecked off 2 at Pocono and he let out that "WHOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" yet somehow got through.

Also, I forgot how to type and typed "LOE LOE LOE" instead of "LOW LOW LOW" in the chat.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

exploded mummy posted:

that video is long gone, never hard saved it from twitch.

i think i might do a somewhat more serious career with yellow flags turned on, but also with ai wrecks and mistakes all the way up. and y'know, still loving with the ai, cause why wouldn't ya. i'll also prolly do all the lightning challenges and maybe a single season in season mode using all the fantasy tracks for laughs. i also wanna try and stick to an actual schedule rather than just streaming whenever. it'll be kinda tough though since i'm back in college and also on the rowing team and have to leave some weekends for regattas.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I may watch.

I got NASCAR Thunder '04 for 4 bucks at Disc Replay a few weeks ago and it's still drat fun. Winning a race whilst having maximum pissed Jarrett and Newman trying to kill me in the closing laps owns.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

yeah that era of ea's nascar games are still pretty fun to play today, anyone in this thread with an xbox, ps2 or gamecube/wii laying around should check them out if they haven't. dirt cheap and still a good time.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I started a playthrough of 2005 just before I got stuck in Hurricane Irma and man, is it a fun game if you take it all with a grain of salt.

I especially love the lower series (such as stealing a mod win at Richmond because the AI stacked up in 4 coming to the white and I passed eight cars) but the last time I played, I had just been offered a Busch ride.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

I've since moved on to stumbling into online victories on Project Cars 2 because the cars in front of me were all DQ'd for speeding in the pits, but I may start a playthrough of Thunder '04 this weekend.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

gently caress Jack Roush. Runs Yates out of business then buys his loving company and closes it as a final gently caress you. Now that Robert's dead they're doing a misty-eyed tribute to him.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Peanut President posted:

gently caress Jack Roush.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Hmm is this still going on? Bad series

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

2018 start times announced:

quote:

Feb. 11 – Daytona 500 qualifying (12 p.m. ET, Fox, MRN)

Feb. 11 – The Clash at Daytona (3 p.m. ET, FS1, MRN)

Feb. 15 – The Duel at Daytona (7 p.m. ET, FS1, MRN)

Feb. 18 – Daytona 500 (2:30 p.m. ET, Fox, MRN)

Feb. 25 – Atlanta Motor Speedway (2 p.m. ET, Fox, PRN)

March 4 – Las Vegas Motor Speedway (3:30 p.m. ET, Fox, PRN)

March 11 – Phoenix Raceway (3:30 p.m. ET, Fox, MRN)

March 18 – Auto Club Speedway (3:30 p.m. ET, Fox, MRN)

March 25 – Martinsville Speedway (2 p.m. ET, FS1, MRN)

April 8 – Texas Motor Speedway (2 p.m. ET, FS1, PRN)

April 15 – Bristol Motor Speedway (2 p.m. ET, Fox, PRN)

April 21 – Richmond Raceway (6:30 p.m. ET, Fox, MRN)

April 29 – Talladega Superspeedway (2 p.m. ET, Fox, MRN)

May 6 – Dover International Speedway (2 p.m. ET, FS1, MRN)

May 12 – Kansas Speedway (8 p.m. ET, FS1, MRN)

May 19 – Monster Energy Open (6 p.m. ET, FS1, MRN)

May 19 – Monster Energy All-Star Race (8 p.m. ET, FS1, MRN)

May 27 – Charlotte Motor Speedway (6 p.m. ET, Fox, PRN)

June 3 – Pocono Raceway (2 p.m. ET, FS1, MRN)

June 10 – Michigan International Speedway (2 p.m. ET, Fox, MRN)

June 24 – Sonoma Raceway (3 p.m. ET, FS1, PRN)

July 1 – Chicagoland Speedway (2:30 p.m. ET, NBCSN, MRN)

July 7 – Daytona International Speedway (7 p.m. ET, NBC, PRN)

July 14 – Kentucky Speedway (7:30 p.m. ET, NBCSN, PRN)

July 22 – New Hampshire Motor Speedway (2 p.m. ET, NBCSN, PRN)

July 29 – Pocono Raceway (2:30 p.m. ET, NBCSN, MRN)

August 5 – Watkins Glen International (2:30 p.m. ET, NBC, MRN)

August 12 – Michigan International Speedway (2:30 p.m. ET, NBCSN, MRN)

August 18 – Bristol Motor Speedway (7:30 p.m. ET, NBCSN, PRN)

Sept. 2 – Darlington Raceway (6 p.m. ET, NBCSN, MRN)

Sept. 9 – Indianapolis Motor Speedway (2 p.m. ET, NBCSN, IMS)

Sept. 16 – Las Vegas Motor Speedway (3 p.m. ET, NBCSN, PRN)

Sept. 22 – Richmond Raceway (7:30 p.m. ET, NBCSN, MRN)

Sept. 30 – Charlotte Motor Speedway (2 p.m. ET, NBC, PRN)

Oct. 7 – Dover International Speedway (2 p.m. ET, NBCSN, MRN)

Oct. 14 – Talladega Superspeedway (2 p.m. ET, NBC, MRN)

Oct. 21 – Kansas Speedway (2 p.m. ET, NBC, MRN)

Oct. 28 – Martinsville Speedway (2:30 p.m. ET, NBCSN, MRN)

Nov. 4 – Texas Motor Speedway (3 p.m. ET, NBCSN, PRN)

Nov. 11 – Phoenix Raceway (2:30 p.m. ET, NBC, MRN)

Nov. 18 – Homestead-Miami Speedway (2:30 p.m. ET, NBC, MRN)

So all races will start 2pm eastern or later now.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

didn't they already do that once and lose viewers cause east coasters dont wanna watch a race at dinner time lmfao

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

They did then they ran that period where race starts were a static time depending if it was day/night and i guess well they keep bleeding viewers clearly its the start times and not all the rubbish with the point system/current car race ability.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

iospace posted:

2018 start times announced:

So all races will start 2pm eastern or later now.

WEST COAST AUDIENCE!

didn't they already do that once and lose viewers cause east coasters dont wanna watch a race at dinner time lmfao

From like 2005-2008, races started running later in the afternoon. They actually rolled it back to a 1/3:30/7:30 Eastern start time system (except the 600) which made so much sense they changed it to ^that^ bullshit.

Dale Jr went on a rant about this on his podcast in like July and he thinks, like many things in NASCAR today, that it's stupid. He also mentioned it's cyclical and that, in a few years, we'll probably get Your Regularly Scheduled Adrenaline Rush back.

e- The Vegas Chase race is a day race. It's gonna be like 105 degrees. :psyboom: :wtc:

I sometimes wonder if NASCAR is deliberately tanking this poo poo like the owner in Major League.

e2- The Charlotte roval may have just been Goodyear'd:

quote:

“There is some conversation about changing the infield section a little bit, maybe eliminating the last little loop,” said Greg Stucker, director of racing for Goodyear. “I don’t know how much traction it’s going to get.

“I know that was some of the input from our test and it came up in a call with NASCAR. It’s being investigated.”

:rimshot:

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/nascar-course-change-charlotte-roval-975504/

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Nov 7, 2017

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

So watching some old 97 races and found someone made a lovely attempt at a photoshop trying to make a fantasy 1997 season using NASCAR 05. Then I found their, wiki page slapped in the video description.

http://everyone.wikia.com/wiki/1997_Daytona_500_(Savage_Garden_Series)

BMB5150 fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Nov 9, 2017

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

BMB5150 posted:

So watching some old 97 races and found someone made a lovely attempt at a photoshop trying to make a fantasy 1997 season using NASCAR 05. Then I found their, wiki page slapped in the video description.

Didn't click that yet but Cope in that badass Skittles #36 had better win several races

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Didn't click that yet but Cope in that badass Skittles #36 had better win several races

My dude you are so missing the loving point if you don't click that link.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

holy moly

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
That sure is something

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

:nsavince:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

BMB5150 posted:

Ooh, I wantcha...I don't know if I need ya, but, link...I'm tryin' to find out...

fake edit- :psyboom:

e- What is any of this? He's super-Mark Plourde, complete with races recorded on VHS and transferred to YT, races which don't line up with the real-life counterparts they're intended to depict, and a field of cars and car numbers which don't match the actual running ord-:psyboom:?

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Nov 9, 2017

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

are these the same people that write the ridiculously inane NASCAR pages on the actual Wikipedia?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

https://youtu.be/i5tBmDWuixA

I think this channel legit belongs to an 8 year old kid

They have the technology.

E: Jesus Christ this kid is gonna grow up and be suttsteve

Double edit: We may have stumbled into this rabbit hole

https://medium.com/@jamesbridle/something-is-wrong-on-the-internet-c39c471271d2

Because :psypop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLiGCfMszus

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Nov 9, 2017

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

What if we're all wrong and all those crazy rear end videos are from kids and they're already doomed mentally. But seriously I saw some of those videos and went wait... are youtube bots making NASCAR races into this youtube shitstorm as well?!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I uh...

What?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

It means the strong family resemblance between Brian France and KJU is more than a coincidence

Maybe

Or something

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Saving this for... future use.

(please give us chaos)

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

iospace posted:

Saving this for... future use.

(please give us chaos)

Thread Title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Good thing BKR's not going to have any use for at least one of their trucks next season, because Austin Cindric's looking at "trophy or steering wheel" next week (even if that was kinda Rhodes' fault).

• Locked thread