Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Only when you're my opponent this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Teemu, it would be a terrible thing if you flip-flopped on who to start about 400 times this week.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Reminder: Don't use the app to set your lineup. I took Kelvin out. I am 100% sure of it.

Kelvin is still in my lineup.

gently caress.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Spermy Smurf posted:

Reminder: Don't use the app to set your lineup. I took Kelvin out. I am 100% sure of it.

Kelvin is still in my lineup.

gently caress.

drat. this almost happened to me in a yahoo league earlier

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

i literally only use the website to draft and do everything else in the app because the app is a slightly less lovely interface

then again, i am the worst team in this league every year, so

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Bloody posted:

i literally only use the website to draft and do everything else in the app because the app is a slightly less lovely interface

then again, i am the worst team in this league every year, so

What's up bottom 4 buddy? :hfive:

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
You know what? I have commish powers. I might just shut down the fuckin league till next year.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

so, I just keep all the prize money, or...?

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

http://www64.myfantasyleague.com/20...efenders&TEAM=*

Byard so far has not performed above replacement level. I'd be happy to have him, but not for a promising rookie QB. Granted he's performing well above fantasypros projections which put him as a tier 8 defensive back, I think in order to pry away a long-term dynasty player like Kizer from me you'd need to sweeten the pot significantly.

I'm really glad you turned this down

#1 DB in the league on a $1 salary after yesterday

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Speaking of DBs, any interest in honey badger?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Stevie Lee posted:

I'm really glad you turned this down

#1 DB in the league on a $1 salary after yesterday

Yeah and Kizer has been bad.

But I keep reminding myself, Goff was bad last year, too. Half a season isn't enough to evaluate a rookie QB. Good job on that DB though! I did not think he'd wind up being that good.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah and Kizer has been bad.

But I keep reminding myself, Goff was bad last year, too. Half a season isn't enough to evaluate a rookie QB. Good job on that DB though! I did not think he'd wind up being that good.

I don't have faith that Kizer is going to turn into Goff. Maybe if Coleman and Gordon both are healthy / not suspended and play to their potential. Goff hasn't even been great -- he's QB12. He's had 2 really good games and 3 where i would have hated to have started him.

Maybe if Kizer figures out how to do something other than dump it to Duke, they get a running game together, and he has some capacity to move the ball himself on the ground.

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
Still trying to figure out how the Rams managed to put up 51pts and Watkins only got one lousy TD.. and 2 targets! trade him to the bears or something

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm trying to figure out how Mike Evans got 1.8 points. OK I know he got in a fight but I understand he wasn't ejected, so... what the eff?

I'm only 16 points behind going into tonight, and I have both of green bay's star safeties up against Jordy, so I just need Green Bay's offense to do badly and Detroit to try for lots of passing plays up the middle and I should have a shot at winning, but dang the scoring this week was really really weird. Jeremy Maclin outscored Evans and Crabtree put together???

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I'm rooting for you...I want sole possession of first place.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
vaccaro over neal was a mistake

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

I'm trying to figure out how Mike Evans got 1.8 points. OK I know he got in a fight but I understand he wasn't ejected, so... what the eff?

I'm only 16 points behind going into tonight, and I have both of green bay's star safeties up against Jordy, so I just need Green Bay's offense to do badly and Detroit to try for lots of passing plays up the middle and I should have a shot at winning, but dang the scoring this week was really really weird. Jeremy Maclin outscored Evans and Crabtree put together???

With Winston out, I feel like everyone in that offense is part of a dumpster fire and not startable. It's crazy with the amount of talent they still have, but it seems like Martin can't move the ball and Fitz has no chemistry or something.

At least your Evans outscored my AJ?

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Jfc green Bay.

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
Blake Martinez my hero! gratz on chef's first win. the stars were in alignment I guess.. Aaron Jones put up a 2 burger.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Zauper posted:

Lots of poo poo talk from a guy who hasn't beat a single team with a winning record...

I suppose there are only 4 teams with a winning record, but you lost to me and McLean, and beat the two bottom teams. You beating the 0-6 Chefs isn't exactly a surprise.

:monar:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hmm. Three and a half points behind. When do TFLs get counted, again? I'm like 80% sure that Burnett had at least one, maybe two, during the first quarter.

e. Ahhh, poo poo, they're already in there. Unless I get a big stat correction somewhere, this is gonna be a loss. Crap on a stick.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Holy loving :lol:

Is :iceburn: still a thing?

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
That's 4 in a row for the Cougars. Top score this week, too.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

The Zack posted:

That's 4 in a row for the Cougars.

That's also 4 in a row for me, but you don't hear me bragging about it.

Edit: I also had a final score that set the weekly record.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Let me have this

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
some real important matchups this week boys

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Yeah, this could knock a few people out of 1st and shake up the 2nd+3rd place in the red and blue divisions.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Could have a 4 way tie for 1st with those teams all within 50 or so points of each other

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Anyone want to trade teams? It's a quaint fixer-upper in a nice neighborhood.

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
john fox needs to be fired.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
ash ketchum might not have a single starter break double digits :shittypop:

e: and only down twenty points

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I was feeling bad about playing the wrong player by accident. I feel less bad knowing I would have had to double my score to win.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I can still win if Julius Peppers and Luke Keuchly can outscore Cam Newton and Christian McCaffrey by at least 26 points. Yeah.

I'm kind of glad I missed most all the football today (doing family stuff) because there have been a number of incredibly terrible results that would have driven me insane if I'd been watching them live

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Reminder to self: Week 10, if Burkhead doesn't get points for blocking stupid pony punt we need to fix that scoring too.

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
I don't like rooting for the panthers but here I am! I'm primarily pissed at john fox. I know using adam shaheen as a TE was a risk but after him getting 2 receptions in a row and one of them 29 yards in the beginning of the game.. you'd think Fox would go back to him right? nope, nothing the entire rest of the game. what an idiot!

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Thanks Billy B for making Gillislee a healthy scratch. I almost made a waiver move to pick up another RB this week but decided to save my last FAAB.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

never own pats RBs
that's my motto

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

I'm looking to upgrade my flex and defense.

On the table: Fuller, lepers first, GBP backfield (ty + Jones), McKinnon, RB handcuffs (breida / ekeler), Lee, honey badger, and potentially Julio.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Spermy Smurf posted:

Reminder to self: Week 10, if Burkhead doesn't get points for blocking stupid pony punt we need to fix that scoring too.

2nd reminder, just checked and this needs fixing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Rules say Offense: Blocked punt or FG return for TD: 6 points. Defense: Blocked Kicks – 6 points.
We don't have a rule for points for a blocked punt, nor for blocked punts/kicks returned for TDs on defense. Probably we should rationalize those:

Some amount of points for blocked punts alone (e.g., not returned for a TD) and some amount of points for blocked kicks (how can you block a kickoff? I think this is supposed to be blocked FGs/PATs), and then some amount of points for blocked FG/PATs returned for a score (TD in the case of FGs, 1pt in the case of blocked PAT returned to the opposite end zone). And for that matter, there's also the rarest score in football, the 1-pt safety.