Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Why are you fertilizing grass JFC.

Also how is that so green? Mine has been brown and dead for like two months, it's awesome, barely had to mow this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I just replaced everything with crush.

So next year I can look forward to picking up cigarette butts and other litter instead of mowing, I guess.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I haven't fertilized since July which is when I laid the sod. Its been so god drat bright and warm, its still growing like its September. Growing has definitely slowed, buts its still stupid. Our perennials still haven't mostly died from the few days we've had frost.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Was on my way to Nashville Halloween but Mrs. Slidebite counted 122 kids trick or treating.. which concerns me a bit since our neighborhood is only about 50% built out. Our last place was crazy with something like 250 last year, but this place will probably giving that a run for its money when it's complete.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

slidebite posted:

Was on my way to Nashville Halloween but Mrs. Slidebite counted 122 kids trick or treating.. which concerns me a bit since our neighborhood is only about 50% built out. Our last place was crazy with something like 250 last year, but this place will probably giving that a run for its money when it's complete.

How much snow did you get? I heard that the Lethbridge area got hammered by that storm this past week.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Just for reference, seven kids trick or treated at my place. It was raining and cold.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

MrChips posted:

How much snow did you get? I heard that the Lethbridge area got hammered by that storm this past week.
None on Halloween that I know of, but was drizzling off and on. Probably 6 or so inches next day though.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
I figure people would know here better than anywhere else: Does Alberta have any tax credits for electric or hybrid vehicles? My wife's SUV is 12 years old and I'd like to get her one that doesn't need to rely on gas, but I can't find any tax credits like they have in other provinces or the States.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Not that I am aware of. The NDP government is on a bit of an energy efficiency binge right now for home products, but I don't think they have done anything for vehicles. If oil keep tracking up, that will mean more revenues and vocal demand from plebes as gas prices increase (went up 20c/L here last week) so who knows 6 months from now.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Unfortunately, Alberta does not offer tax credits for vehicles. I wish they did. Currently it's BC, ON and QC.

Edit: This won't stop me from buying a Zero Motors FXS in 2018.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

slidebite posted:

Not that I am aware of. The NDP government is on a bit of an energy efficiency binge right now for home products, but I don't think they have done anything for vehicles.

I think last time it came up, they said they weren't in the business of giving already-rich people free money to buy Teslas.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I think last time it came up, they said they weren't in the business of giving already-rich people free money to buy Teslas.

That's a fair enough point to not offer it for me.

Speaking of the 20 cent jump in gas was there any real rational given behind that one or is it just the usual "we need to switch to winter gas" nonsense taken to the extreme.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

1500quidporsche posted:

Speaking of the 20 cent jump in gas was there any real rational given behind that one or is it just the usual "we need to switch to winter gas" nonsense taken to the extreme.

Imagine a venn diagram where the two circles are "gently caress you" and "eat poo poo" and also they're completely overlapping.

Of course, a bunch of oil tards were like "oh yeah! gas prices goin' up! good for business!"

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

Hey now, I'm lookin' at the Volvo.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Alberta AI goon meet I missed?
http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/alberta-mounties-arrest-five-naked-people-at-scene-of-car-crash-1.3666465

quote:

NISKU, Alta. - Mounties in Leduc, Alta., are searching for the naked truth after a bizarre collision on a rural road.

Two vehicles collided near the industrial park in Nisku on Monday morning, landing one vehicle in the ditch.

The twist, however, is that none of the five people in one of the vehicles was wearing any clothes.

All five were placed under arrest, though four of them had to be taken to hospital.

RCMP said the investigation is in its early stages, but it's believed the crash was not an accident, and that drugs and alcohol may be a factor.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I've seen drunken snow streaking up on the ski resorts but I don't think I've ever seen it in the industrial area of Nisku (also known as Nisku).

Did they find a tailings pond or a waste vegetable oil tank behind the McDonalds?

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
I went to a wedding in Nisku a couple of years ago. It featured nothing at all remotely resembling cars full of naked people in ditches - and I stayed at the highway-side motel that included the local strip-joint, "Peelerz".

A wedding in Nisku is exactly as red-neck and depressing as you think it is.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

So I may have done something impulsive yesterday and now I'm looking to make some space at the ranch / on my insurance policy.

Is anyone at all interested in taking the Celica off my hands at a reasonable price?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

What are you asking for it? A co-worker was asking me about a car for their kid, hellica would probably fit the bill.

ExecuDork posted:

and I stayed at the highway-side motel that included the local strip-joint, "Peelerz".
Adding the "z" makes it edgy.

If only they named it "iPeelerz" it would have had most of the bases covered.

slidebite fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Nov 7, 2017

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

3k sound ok? Switch and I have dumped thousands into this thing over the last two years that we'll never recoup, but it'd be nice to get some of it back.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I have a few other cars kicking around that a young kid might like as well.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Slung Blade posted:

3k sound ok? Switch and I have dumped thousands into this thing over the last two years that we'll never recoup, but it'd be nice to get some of it back.
I'm not sure, not for me. I suspect that should be close enough to budget for them. I have no doubt it would last far longer than a J-body or a kia of the same budget $$ so it would have my vote. I'll let you know. How many K again?

e: Also, what the hell did you buy?

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Slung Blade posted:

So I may have done something impulsive yesterday and now I'm looking to make some space at the ranch / on my insurance policy.

Is anyone at all interested in taking the Celica off my hands at a reasonable price?

Goddamnit if I wasn't like 3.9 provinces or so away I'd be game.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

slidebite posted:

I'm not sure, not for me. I suspect that should be close enough to budget for them. I have no doubt it would last far longer than a J-body or a kia of the same budget $$ so it would have my vote. I'll let you know. How many K again?

e: Also, what the hell did you buy?

I can't remember exactly, been ages since I drove it. I want to say 230ish. I'll check it when I get a chance.

I'll post pics of what I bought when I get some better ones, hopefully Monday if the weather holds.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Slung Blade posted:

I can't remember exactly, been ages since I drove it. I want to say 230ish. I'll check it when I get a chance.

When we got it, it had 237 on the clock. I'd say it probably has at least 240 on it now since we put 2600km on it during the rally, probably closer to ~243.

It does need some work (it has the traditional early-90s Toyota head sludge), but it's nothing a young buck can't do.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

You can't tease us like this Slung. Atleast give us a hint.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

My coworker was not in but another guy that works there thinks he bought a car last week. Sorry boss.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

1500quidporsche posted:

It's super.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

MrChips posted:

It's super.

Still a silly car though.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

slidebite posted:

My coworker was not in but another guy that works there thinks he bought a car last week. Sorry boss.

No worries man, thanks anyway.

1500quidporsche posted:

I didn't get any clear overall pictures while I was out there.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

That looks really nice.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Powershift posted:

That looks really nice.

There's no engine, but for 500 bucks how could I say no?

Also if anyone wants to spread the celica love around, I just posted it on kijiji.
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1311510655

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

What are you going to stick in it?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Powershift posted:

Find us something.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

Powershift posted:

I've wanted one of these for most of my adult life.
http://ballard.com/fuel-cell-solutions/fuel-cell-power-products/motive-modules

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Find us something.

You can get a 1JZ/5 speed for $3k and it's a well documented swap.

Or an entire nissan leaf for ~$8k

Or the new hellcat crate engine is coming out at $17k

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Jeezlus, don't fuckin tempt me.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Plan D: You do already have that 440.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

I have two 440s and, soon, a 318 polysphere.

I think they might be too wide though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

People put 1UZs in them, which are pretty huge.