Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.
i'm thinking northam wins

we get a lovely dem governor

which is better, marginally, than the lovely goper

regardless someone, somewhere, in these united states is going to be shook af

hot take

Ragtime All The Time
Apr 6, 2011

tayne loves mcdonalds pissburghers

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

UFOTacoMan posted:

You (a dumb person): prayer doesn't do anything wtf??

me (a smart man): you don't understand what prayer is

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

It's pretty cool how a wide majority can disapprove of Trump and still vote in his flunkies.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Postoyevsky posted:

gillespie is gonna win lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O74XDI-o7xc

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Postoyevsky posted:

gillespie is gonna win lol

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

I did a thing posted:

i'm thinking northam wins

we get a lovely dem governor

which is better, marginally, than the lovely goper

regardless someone, somewhere, in these united states is going to be shook af

hot take
:yeah:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

but remember the atlantic told us to stop saying republicans are racist

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

sexy gillespie

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Seeing this loving nyt graph again is triggering my 2016 PTSD

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Serf posted:

northam gonna get blowed out

looks like 55-45 GOP blowout

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

i mean, they aren't wrong

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

that dial belongs in a museum

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

financially racist posted:

northram is an extraordinarily bad dem even by bad dem standards so i can't be sad if he loses

unironically same

theres tons of my facebook friends white knighting him. literal crickets tho after he said he'd ban sanctuary cities

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

BREAKING: Trump enlists Jeb! as Ambassador of Guns, effective immediately.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
https://twitter.com/VotingGuy/status/927936429384232960

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

lmao he got owned by Little Marco

HereComesEverybody
Mar 2, 2007

a commodius vicus of recirculation back to Howth Castle and Environs.

Good soup! posted:

ben garrison seems like one of those people you see who must never be happy and are just perpetually angry and the stupidest poo poo, like I bet ben is standing in line at a macy's demanding to speak to the manager for the unholy offense of not allowing him to return a three year old broken toaster for full price, or maybe he's gettin mad as gently caress at gettin a McCafe coffee that only had cream but not sugar

Tangentially related anecdote: A dude I know is perennially angry and ranted about how my preference for non-inverted vertical joystick controls is is a moral failing on my part because games used to be inverted more frequently or something like that.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

This Virginia election reminds me of one of my favorite moments in semirecent political history, when George Allen, former VA Governor, would-be VA Senator, all around terrible person, destroyed his own political future by casually referring to someone in the audience by an obscure (at least it was to me) racial slur directed at people from India.

(That he was running against CSPAM Favorite Jim "Murderer" Webb is more or less incidental to the story.)

Of course if that had happened last year he'd have shot up 20 points in the polls and would probably be President now.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

NofrikinfuN posted:

It's pretty cool how a wide majority can disapprove of Trump and still vote in his flunkies.

if dems didn't run the literal worst candidates possible, people disliking trump might actually matter

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I;m thinking about thos nuclear horrors

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Good soup! posted:

I;m thinking about thos nuclear horrors

:same:

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

only 20 years since the primaries :unsmith:

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
https://twitter.com/VoteFairfaxCity/status/927930272351387648

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I love how pollsters are still assuming pre-2016 turnouts when the new dynamic is "inner city dems that hate their candidates" vs "mindless horde of extremely angry cousin-loving hillbillies that wanna stick it to the browns"

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

:eyepoop:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

HereComesEverybody posted:

Tangentially related anecdote: A dude I know is perennially angry and ranted about how my preference for non-inverted vertical joystick controls is is a moral failing on my part because games used to be inverted more frequently or something like that.

how's it feel to know that you're morally bankrupt as a human becuase you set your settings in Tie Fighter incorrectly?????

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

financially racist posted:

if dems didn't run the literal worst candidates possible, people disliking trump might actually matter

the leading dem candidate in Illinois gov race is an anti union billionaire who brought a neighboring mansion to his own, ripped out the toilets and claimed it was uninhabitable to get a giant tax rebate

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

*boots up Tie Fighter*

Enter your name, pilot.

*writes Jeb!*

*game immediately ends and credits roll*

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
https://twitter.com/FIREandALTFURRY/status/927125486773374976

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Good soup! posted:

how's it feel to know that you're morally bankrupt as a human becuase you set your settings in Tie Fighter incorrectly?????

inverted is the only way to beat act five mission one

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Good soup! posted:

why would you fly inverted in tie fighter when inverted settings date back to when yanking on the stick physically moved the aileron

ain't no air in space

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

zegermans posted:

"mindless horde of extremely angry cousin-loving hillbillies that wanna stick it to the browns"

U CANT CALL THEM THAT, it will only turn them away as voters*

*they would never vote for the other candidate anyway

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Postoyevsky posted:

unironically same

theres tons of my facebook friends white knighting him. literal crickets tho after he said he'd ban sanctuary cities

crickets are good luck

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

this 2012 Spider-Man is terrible

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

lol

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

mastershakeman posted:

the leading dem candidate in Illinois gov race is an anti union billionaire who brought a neighboring mansion to his own, ripped out the toilets and claimed it was uninhabitable to get a giant tax rebate

democrats: learning absolutely nothing since time immemorial

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

mastershakeman posted:

at least he's not a republican

when it comes to state level races that is literally the best we can hope for

tip your fedora and move on my dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

voted not once, but wit

• Locked thread