Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

joat mon posted:

1. A christian tries to come to grips with the theodicy problem in light of a terrible tragegy.
2. A Salon writer prooftexts the poo poo out of a prayer that he/she admits wasn't even prayed at the Texas church,
and then with an inferential teleport that would make Cersei Lanniser blush, arrives at
NO, gently caress YOU, DAD!

The Cleveland steamiest of hot takes.

Technically it's Slate, but it's of the poo poo tier that would be right at home at Salon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Slate's at the bottom of the dumpster these days too. I don't know what happened, it used to be a fairly decent website to read.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Prop Wash posted:

Slate's at the bottom of the dumpster these days too. I don't know what happened, it used to be a fairly decent website to read.

Trump broke a lot of brains, and not always in the good way.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Zeroisanumber posted:

Trump broke a lot of brains, and not always in the good way.

Eh, a lot of their articles were pretty bad even before then.

Ragtime All The Time
Apr 6, 2011

Are we gonna get a whole bunch more videos of tanks getting blowed up by ATGM’s soon? Seems like the best thing that could come from this kerfuffle

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Twice today, Fredo (Don Jr.), using Twitter, has urged Virginians to go vote tomorrow.

The election is today.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

Twice today, Fredo (Don Jr.), using Twitter, has urged Virginians to go vote tomorrow.

The election is today.

40th dimensional chess.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

facialimpediment posted:

The election is today.

No its worse than that

He's in japan, with the time zones and all yknow.

He thinks he's telling everyone to vote THURSDAY.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Tuesday: Trumpenfuhrer's son would not lie to me you libtard!
Wednesday: Muh vote's been stolen!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Don Junior, tweeting from his throne world: "Don't forget to vote this December!"

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Can't wait for Donny's gloating tomorrow about his great victory. AKA one of the worst days of my life.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Northam's a pretty boring folksy centrist, but this is good:

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/927940619049291776

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

redneck nazgul posted:

LOL, got my vote for sure.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Syria signed the Paris Climate Accord. The United States is now the sole country not on it :patriot:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Prop Wash posted:

Slate has gone downhill hard over the last decade or so.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mlmp08 posted:

Slate has gone downhill hard over the last decade or so.

Yeah, but as long as Salon exists, it can't be worse (theoretically), right?

I remember the time Salon had an article written by a hook wearing pedophile?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

redneck nazgul posted:

:boom:

Also yeah. USA! USA!

“It’s a lovely deal folks, trust me, I know the best deals.”

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/TomNamako/status/927960592673107968

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

shyduck posted:

Syria signed the Paris Climate Accord. The United States is now the sole country not on it :patriot:

To be fair, Syria has curbed its human-caused carbon emissions a great deal over the past six years.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Noice

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

So that makes Baltimore 0 for 4000 on all things Freddie Gray, right?

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

I HAVE GOOD AIDS posted:

To be fair, Syria has curbed its human-caused carbon emissions a great deal over the past six years.

All hail glorious Assad the Lion! Carbon emissions has been greatly reduced through ethnic cleansing of treacherous Sunni dog! Soon we find other ways to remove more carbon
*eyes narrow menacingly at Kurds*

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

quote:

It turns out that Keith Schiller — who is set to be grilled by the House Intelligence Committee on Tuesday about a 2013 trip to Moscow and the 35-page dossier (yes, the one about the alleged “golden showers”) as part of the ongoing investigation into collusion with Russia during the 2016 presidential campaign — would go to Mickey D’s at Trump’s behest when White House chefs fell short.

“When the White House kitchen staff couldn’t match the satisfaction of a quarter-pounder with cheese (no pickles, extra ketchup) and a fried apple pie, it was Schiller, bodyguard and Trump whisperer, who would head down New York Avenue to McDonald’s on a stealth fast food run,” Politico wrote in their recent profile of Schiller.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Of course, DJT would want extra ketchup. Just pour more sugar on it like you're feeding a toddler.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The weirdest thing is the idea that the White House couldn't match it or failing that, call McD Corp and just get a special order of raw materials. I can't imagine any company that isn't 50% and 50% ethos would even bat an eye at the request.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

im sure they did it for Bill Clinton

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
I'm willing to bet that they could match it perfectly but Two Scoops just wanted his loving Happy Meal

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERES MY TOY!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

on his asia trip trump is gonna negotiate with China to get the two transformers mcdonalds toys thats hes missing from his collection in exchange for nuclear secrets

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Clinton was known for sneaking out of the White House for fast food, wasn't he?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

yeah he was a mcd’s fiend, now hes vegan

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Bill convinced a girl less than half his age to let him gently caress her with a cigar. He's a pretty convincing dude.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
I had a professor that was a secret service agent during the Clinton presidency, and apparently he would get drunk and randomly decide he wanted to go hang out with his cokehead brother in the middle of the night.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Arven posted:

I had a professor that was a secret service agent during the Clinton presidency, and apparently he would get drunk and randomly decide he wanted to go hang out with his cokehead brother in the middle of the night.

His secret service code name was "headache", despite Bill requesting his brother be referred to as his "day one ride or die".

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I had a professor that got to meet Bush 41 for some scholastic event or whatever in the oval office and he was apparently "so stoned out of my gourd I worried that I might be the first person to OD on THC" and he shows the picture and sure as poo poo his eyes are like solid red just about and he has the most clueless look on his face.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'd put money down Obama stretched out Michelle in the presidential limo at least once.

edit: LOL my av

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Vasudus posted:

I had a professor that got to meet Bush 41 for some scholastic event or whatever in the oval office and he was apparently "so stoned out of my gourd I worried that I might be the first person to OD on THC" and he shows the picture and sure as poo poo his eyes are like solid red just about and he has the most clueless look on his face.
And somehow he walked out of there with a Point of Light.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

cowboy elvis posted:

I'd put money down Obama stretched out Michelle in the presidential limo at least once.

edit: LOL my av

Frankly if they didn't do it on the Resolute Desk I'd be disappointed.

I mean you know LBJ did.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

on his asia trip trump is gonna negotiate with China to get the two transformers mcdonalds toys thats hes missing from his collection in exchange for nuclear secrets

Sorry Taiwan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
My Godmother briefly dated Obama when he was at Harvard. Apparently he was a lovely kisser.

I can only assume he's improved since.

• Locked thread