Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Could you please explain how Galaxy isn't a proper 3D mario game?

there was that image nintendo posted. its on a different line.

basically 64, sunshine and odyssey are the same freeroaming series with just mario, whereas galaxy is SMB5 because it has luigi and isn't sandbox freeroaming.

smb - smb2/lostlevels - smb3 - smb4world - smb5galaxy - smb6...universe?
------------------------------------------- world2 ------- galaxy2

new smb is a different series as is 3d world/land

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Nov 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Bamco announcing a bunch of games and also that they thought the Switch was gonna suck

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
Is anyone else interested in getting Skyrim on the Switch? I'm not buying it on release, but it is going to the top of my Amazon wish list in case someone wants to get it for me for Xmas or something. Otherwise I may pick it up when it drops to $29.99.

I still play the original on PC w/mods (much prettier than the "Special Edition") from time to time, but playing on the go is intriguing and using the motion controls + HD rumble for lock picking will be cool for 5 minutes before I just use the buttons as usual. Supposedly it is a consistent 30fps, so that and the portability will make up for lower visuals.

I still haven't played through XCX and only got about 5 or 10 hours into the first XC (wasn't a huge fan of the combat system and it felt cramped on the 3DS but starting it on the Wii did feel better, though I hate the Wiimote+nunchuck). So will be holding off on XC2 for a bit.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

new zelda dlc (free i think?)
cool, now you don't need to buy xenoblade i guess.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

For thinking it was gonna suck they sure have it a lot of support out the gate

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The trailer was basically just yet another battle combat explainer. I guess people STILL are confused :shrug:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

When is zelda dlc campaign?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I mean.

Isn't that what it's supposed to do? Tell you how to play the game, and what it has to offer in that front?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

They've listed a switch port of Xenoverse 2 and a Tales game for Switch as upcoming in their financial reports before, so those are probably two of the three titles. If they thought the Switch was gonna suck, the Tales game is probably a port. Berseria probably.

They actually say 'Switch Exclusive,' but knowing Bamco they probably count enhanced ports as exclusive.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

FireMrshlBill posted:

Is anyone else interested in getting Skyrim on the Switch?

I might pick it up sometime, but I'm curious... will the upcoming 'survival' mode be a part of it?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Xenoverse 2 already came out I thought

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Xenoverse 2 already came out I thought
lol i didnt even realize it had

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Xv2 is a big rip off if you own xv1. Its the same game with a new social hub and a little bit of new content tacked on. Barely qualifies as a sequel

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tbf they made the grinding in xv2 way less painful

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

When is zelda dlc campaign?

Based on launch of download cards hitting physical retail, rumored to be 11/23.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah here is Bamco support so far:

Bandai Namco - 3 Released, 1 Announced
Namco Museum (July 28, 2017)
Dragonball Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch (September 22, 2017)
One Piece: Unlimited World Red (September 29, 2017)
Ben 10 (November 14, 2017)

So any titles they are referring to in 2018 are extra ones.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bamco makes a lot of crap licensed games for handhelds

Endorph posted:

tbf they made the grinding in xv2 way less painful

I already did all the grinding tho!!! :negative:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Al Borland Corp. posted:

wonder if we'll get that dark souls trilogy stuff after all.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Shulk had a cool default outfit with the hoodie and the comfy jorts
Rex looks like a tool, I don't care if the outfit's supposed to make sense in universe as a dumb diving bell thing

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Yeah, that looked pretty cool. I'm still thinking about it but XB2 looks promising.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Al Borland Corp. posted:

lol I was going to reply to this with a "Well, actually", before I realised that I was mixing Bandai Namco up with Koei Tecmo. That's my Konami/Capcom.

Louisgod posted:

Did the Direct put people's concerns with XB2 at ease? Seems to be the case.
I think anyone who was "omg anime" didn't have their minds changed, there are still people on the fence who felt burned by XCX.

I do think it looks closer to the original than (what I played of) X.

FireMrshlBill posted:

Is anyone else interested in getting Skyrim on the Switch?
I kinda have too much other stuff to play. I still have barely touched FE Warriors, and XC2 is out a few weeks after Skyrim. I might get it eventually, I only ever played a few hours of it on Steam a few years ago. I might be more inclined to play a console version of it.

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Nov 7, 2017

Vastakaiun
Apr 16, 2008

So I bought a Switch couple of days ago and was wondering how often (if ever) Nintendo puts their stuff on sale in the eShop. I'd rather buy digital, is waiting for sales a fool's errand?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Real hurthling! posted:

Xv2 is a big rip off if you own xv1. Its the same game with a new social hub and a little bit of new content tacked on. Barely qualifies as a sequel

I mean they did improve a buncha stuff over the original, just not enough

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Feels weird to see things like Nintendo hawking DLC and offering post-release costume tie-ins to other games in poo poo like Zelda.

But at the same time, I kind of like it when they do it. I'll probably buy that stupid Xenoblade season pass AND the Fire Emblem Warriors season pass and ALL the DLC I'll just buy it all goddamn you Nintendo you own me

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

Vastakaiun posted:

So I bought a Switch couple of days ago and was wondering how often (if ever) Nintendo puts their stuff on sale in the eShop. I'd rather buy digital, is waiting for sales a fool's errand?

There have been some small sales, 10-15% generally as I recall. There's a guy here who posts weekly-ish about what's on sale in the eShop but I forget who.

If you're asking about first party stuff going on sale I don't think there's been any yet.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Vastakaiun posted:

Sales so far have mostly sucked, and no 1st party games have really been on sale. Some indie/3rd party games have, but mostly just 10-20% off. There have been a couple of good sales on some games though (like 50% off Snake Pass and Phantom Trigger).

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk:
Rex and Pyra bother me more than pretty much everyone else they've shown

Rex's design is the sweet spot between silly and boring, while Pyra's a proportional nightmare with terrible fashion sense

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

was on the fence about a lot of XB2 stuff but the direct looked so loving crazy and expansive I'm on board now. it reminds me of disgaea's disgusting amounts of options and things to do but with xenoblade gameplay instead which is less a slog for me. also I will never not ride the tiger character

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Didn't they only add a Sales tab to the store menu like a month ago?

Douglas Dinsdale
Oct 13, 2006

Louisgod posted:

Did the Direct put people's concerns with XB2 at ease? Seems to be the case.

Not really.
I still don't know how the battle system is supposed to work, though it does seem to be closer to XC's than XCX.
It also appears as though there's no equipment for the characters; at least not anything that changes their appearance.

It has made up my mind, though. I'm sitting out until release and see how the market reacts.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Douglas Dinsdale posted:

Not really.
I still don't know how the battle system is supposed to work, though it does seem to be closer to XC's than XCX.
It also appears as though there's no equipment for the characters; at least not anything that changes their appearance.

It has made up my mind, though. I'm sitting out until release and see how the market reacts.

There's the weapons. Blades I guess.

I'd be really surprised if there were no costumes at all, that'd be such a missed opportunity.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Phantasium posted:

Didn't they only add a Sales tab to the store menu like a month ago?
Yeah there's a Sales section on the shop now, you can also check online:
https://www.nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#filter/switch%7C-%7C-%7C-%7C-%7C-%7C-%7C-%7C-%7Ctrue%7C-%7C-%7C-%7C-%7Ctitle%7Casc%7C-%7C-

The NOE site sucks and doesn't provide a nice way of checking though.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
drat, I hope one of the Bamco games is a Point Blank game that comes with a gun that the Right JoyCon slides into.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the only thing I need from Bamco is confirmation from ArcSys that I can buy DBFZ on Switch

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Douglas Dinsdale posted:

If you've played XC I'm not really sure how you're confused about the combat. It's pretty much the same deal except instead of having 8 skills and a super per character, you've now got 3 skills and a super per Blade, and each character can have 3-4 blades equipped at once. You customize your equipped blades like Pokemon or Personas or anything like that. And they expanded the combo systems a bit obviously, which is explained in painful detail in the direct. What part don't are you not understanding about it?

There isn't customizable armor unfortunately. Outfits are a possibility (maybe DLC) but I don't think anyone knows if the cutscenes are real time or not.

There are at least 5 playable main characters though so most likely you will be able to swap Rex out after a little ways into the game.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

They show the player controlling the one Driver who rides on the cat several times, I'm pretty sure.

Shards of Fate
Apr 19, 2002

They look like monsters to you?
How is Sonic Forces?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yeah you can control anyone, I mean you will presumably be able to customize your party to use something like Tora/Nia/Zeke.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Shards of Fate posted:

How is Sonic Forces?

Like colors/generations but all around worse and severely lacking in content and replay value (ranks are even more lenient than gens).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
The videos definitely don't look promising. I'm a little surprised at how mediocre it is, I thought maybe they'd try a little harder since Mania was so well received.

edit: I guess they're content just having the hardcore Sonic fanbase and not expanding beyond that. :shrug:

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Nov 7, 2017

• Locked thread