Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

TheAgent has the right fix on this thread.

If it's funny, run with it, and have a drink.

Derek has his own thing going on, so I'm not even going to criticize him for being super serious.

Anyone else, if you're in this thread getting too upset about things, it's like you're mad while at the circus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
If she wants more cards she has to earn them by playing the game :colbert:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

XK posted:

Derek has his own thing going on, so I'm not even going to criticize him for being super serious.

Anyone else, if you're in this thread getting too upset about things, it's like you're mad while at the circus.

I'd be pissed too if I went to see the bearded lady and the world's largest man and was shown the Lesnicks.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Toops posted:

I'm not saying he's a good leader. But last I checked a leader is defined as a person who leads or commands a group, organization, or country.

Yeah, makes sense. When you said Roberts is a born leader. He has natural charisma, the evidence is right there for all to see. He has followers wherever he goes.
, you were using the term literally. As in sheep, Lemmings, cult, oval office etc. I was thinking in terms of an organisation structure. Here is Forbes on specifically that.

And that incompetent clown, has NONE of these Top 10 Qualities That Make A Great Leader

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

TheAgent posted:

toops, when you start to take star citizen as seriously as derek smart, you might need to sit back, have a drink and some weed, and just relax

this isnt a jesse pinkman "He can't keep getting away with it!" moment

its just a dumb spacegame dude :)

^this. Pretty much.

----------------

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
I wish my girlfriend blowed as hard as Derek

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
It's me blog-posting at 6 in the morning again.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

D_Smart posted:

Yeah, makes sense. When you said Roberts is a born leader. He has natural charisma, the evidence is right there for all to see. He has followers wherever he goes.
, you were using the term literally. As in sheep, Lemmings, cult, oval office etc. I was thinking in terms of an organisation structure. Here is Forbes on specifically that.

And that incompetent clown, has NONE of these Top 10 Qualities That Make A Great Leader

Honesty: Chris stated he needed your money to fund his project.

Chris: 1 | Derek: 0

Delegate: Chris knows he's an imbecile, that's why he gets others to do his work.

Chris: 2 | Derek: 0

Communication: If you can't understand the hand, maybe you're the clown?

Chris: 3 | Derek: 0

Confidence: No one else in the world would wear a black turtleneck every day of their life.

Chris: 4 | Derek: 0

Commitment: Star Citizen or bust, there's no backing down from here!

Chris: 5 | Derek: 0

Positive Attitude: Star Marine was in the game the whole time! Moons 100 times bigger than Skyrim!

Chris: 6 | Derek: 0

Creativity: I don't even need an example, but here's one anyways. Procedural. Birds.

Chris: 7 | Derek: 0

Intuition: Chris knew that FOIP would be the next big thing in 10 years, starting today!

Chris: 8 | Derek: 0

Inspire: *insert AdmAdzama's portfolio here* *insert Stimpire text here*

Chris: 9 | Derek: 0

Approach: Chris has changed his vision numerous times to accommodate everyone.

Chris: 10 | Derek: 0

Not seeing a problem here, PhDumbass!

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Honesty: Chris stated he needed your money to fund his project.

Chris: 1 | Derek: 0

Delegate: Chris knows he's an imbecile, that's why he gets others to do his work.

Chris: 2 | Derek: 0

Communication: If you can't understand the hand, maybe you're the clown?

Chris: 3 | Derek: 0

Confidence: No one else in the world would wear a black turtleneck every day of their life.

Chris: 4 | Derek: 0

Commitment: Star Citizen or bust, there's no backing down from here!

Chris: 5 | Derek: 0

Positive Attitude: Star Marine was in the game the whole time! Moons 100 times bigger than Skyrim!

Chris: 6 | Derek: 0

Creativity: I don't even need an example, but here's one anyways. Procedural. Birds.

Chris: 7 | Derek: 0

Intuition: Chris knew that FOIP would be the next big thing in 10 years, starting today!

Chris: 8 | Derek: 0

Inspire: *insert AdmAdzama's portfolio here* *insert Stimpire text here*

Chris: 9 | Derek: 0

Approach: Chris has changed his vision numerous times to accommodate everyone.

Chris: 10 | Derek: 0

Not seeing a problem here, PhDumbass!

I'm not sure it's this simple, man.

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

I was shocked to learn that Nioh came out on the PC yesterday as I thought it was a PS4 exclusive not of the timed variety. Though I was not quite so shocked to learn that the port kinda sucks.

...Wait, the new D3 season starts in a few days? it's been 3 weeks already? But I have too many new games to play... For PC gaming to be dying there sure is a surfeit of games to play.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Truga posted:

I'm not sure it's this simple, man.

*waves hands a bunch*

Okay, how about now?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Roflan posted:

I was shocked to learn that Nioh came out on the PC yesterday as I thought it was a PS4 exclusive not of the timed variety. Though I was not quite so shocked to learn that the port kinda sucks.

...Wait, the new D3 season starts in a few days? it's been 3 weeks already? But I have too many new games to play... For PC gaming to be dying there sure is a surfeit of games to play.

But none of them say "a Chris Roberts game" on the box — hell, they don’t even have boxes — and none require emm386.sys, so they hardly qualify as games, much less as PC games.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Roflan posted:

for all the poo poo the new AC game is getting, it's probably the best in the series and absolutely loving huge. like kinda daunting huge

and the new horizons zero dawn expansion just hit too

gently caress

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
and yeah, some of the changes in the new d3 season are really good, like not making that one item that would give you 5000% more dps for your build some insane rarity compared to the other insane rarities because gently caress you thats why

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

TheAgent posted:

and yeah, some of the changes in the new d3 season are really good, like not making that one item that would give you 5000% more dps for your build some insane rarity compared to the other insane rarities because gently caress you thats why

Not Blizzard's fault you're a loving casual who can't devote hours of grinding to get the best stuff.

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

TheAgent posted:

here ya go, this was from Jan 4th, 2017

TheAgent posted:

hello

all of these are god knows how credible
  • chris roberts is transitioning away from any game or art design to focus more on company matters
  • someone close to chris (sean tracy??) will be handling all end stage design and art approvals
  • expect 3.0 features in 2018 at the minimum
  • sqlude is still scheduled for this year
  • sqlude is working off a different engine branch than 2.6/3.0 (???)
  • mocapped assets are undergoing redesigns (again)
  • some mocapped characters have changed due to rewrites, causing dialogue to be re-recorded
  • crawling/wall/fast attacking vanduul were too "problematic," will now stand and fire normally
  • AI still broken (shooting through walls, instakilling the player, animations not firing correctly, spazzing out into the great beyond on death anim)
  • netcode still broken
  • updated design docs are forthcoming and will detail some "minor" changes to scope
  • larger ships with full player crews will be hamstrung fighting against AI ships until problems are fixed
  • larger battles are still not possible (2018/2019 minimum) and SC will focus more on smaller player driven skirmishes
  • end year sales "barely put our nostrils above water"

its nice it took you 5 months to catch up tho

How cute. :allears:

04/18/2017 - 3.0 dev schedule shows it isn't coming out until 2018 at the latest; and that it's all been bullshit

quote:

Now, not only is this 3.0 schedule basically 2.7 in disguise, but it’s also missing several (e.g. mining (LOL!! see the official statement), planets) components they’ve been promising and touting for years now. And it also pushes the project well into 2018. If they even survive that long – and have the money – it’s safe to say that it’s a 2020 game. But none of that matters because not only is what they’ve now promised never seeing the light of day, even if you added leeway for delays, you’d end up well into Q4/2017. And assuming they complete it, well, you’d be looking at barely 25% (need I mention that 3.0 now only contains 3 moons, no planets – and not even 1% of the promised 100 star systems?) of the game they promised. Not including SQ42.

02/14/2017 - 3.0 is pure lies & bullshit

01/27/17 - 3.0 Predictions

12/13/2016 - They're hosed. Kiss 2016 and 2017 goodbye

11/2/2016 - 3.0 Does NOT exist

04/12/2016 - Star Citizen The Extinction Level Event

NOTE: This is not a pissing contest. The whole point of my missive is that you have to know when something you're posting is pure bullshit, and when it's not. If you end up with more bullshit (like the above list), than something that is actually plausible, or ends up being true, then people will just start to ignore everything - regardless of credibility. Then when really good poo poo comes out, it's hard for it to make an impact due to all the noise from prior bullshit.

Though my blogs and articles are long and detailed, it's not because I too can't just write up a bunch of stupid bullet points and call it a day. It's because, for me, this is serious business, and as someone who has spent decades in the industry and in this space sim genre, I have a lot more at stake than most who are just in it for the lols.

That's all I'm saying. But feel free to continue though, because some of your posts are worth the lols.

----------------

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

TheAgent posted:

derek be the better man and respond with just a lol

:laffo: too late. my method of reading the thread, caused me to respond first, before I saw this. :grin:

----------------

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

XK posted:

:five::five::five:

----------------

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

:vince: :perfect:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Shitizen cosplay

----------------

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

XK posted:

I'm so loving FURIOUS I'm booing at the special olympics.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

D_Smart posted:

Shitizen cosplay

Not enough boxes of sex slave robots or bun bun ears for that.

Goosfraba
Feb 26, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr-I8XIAj8I

Toops posted:

I'm so loving FURIOUS I'm booing at the special olympics.

Clonazepam, 1mg.

Goosfraba fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Nov 7, 2017

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Please don't get into slap fights with TheAgent, Derek. We all understand he's just flinging out hearsay.

You two have entirely different motivations.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

XK posted:

Asylum. Getting mad at the Asylum.

TheAgent posted:

for all the poo poo the new AC game is getting, it's probably the best in the series and absolutely loving huge. like kinda daunting huge

and the new horizons zero dawn expansion just hit too

gently caress

I'm still waiting for a price drop on Yakuza 0. This holiday season is going to be amazing.

DapperDon posted:

Not enough boxes of sex slave robots or bun bun ears for that.

Nice to see he avoided the blackface for Marvin the Martian. Because America still seems to have a problem with the whole blackface thing once a year at least.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Hav posted:

I'm still waiting for a price drop on Yakuza 0. This holiday season is going to be amazing.

If you have any sense of humor, you'll laugh your butt off at the absurdity of the game.

Kiwami isn't bad, but since it is basically a remake of a game made many moons ago the side stories aren't as good as 0. Can't wait to see what they do with 6.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

XK posted:

Ben fat, get mad.

Seriously though, I check this place out of habit now more than anything, but there's still gems I get from it like this summer's gamescom so yea - I dunno why anyone comes here to be serious about anything other than DSmart's ego project and ofc the standard pet taxes that I'm glad folks here continue to be serious about.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

XK posted:

The Witness is a PC Game masterpiece.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

D_Smart posted:

you have to know when something you're posting is pure bullshit, and when it's not. If you end up with more bullshit (like the above list), than something that is actually plausible, or ends up being true, then people will just start to ignore everything - regardless of credibility. Then when really good poo poo comes out, it's hard for it to make an impact due to all the noise from prior bullshit.
Glad to see MoMA still posting.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

thatguy posted:

Glad to see MoMA still posting.

Guaranteed 100% legal action!

XK
Jul 9, 2001

AbstractNapper posted:

The Witness is a PC Game masterpiece.

Jonathan Blow is a hack fraud.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Bad Rats 2 - GOTY

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
granddad's off his meds again, someone give him a werthers original...

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

D_Smart posted:

its nice it took you 5 months to catch up tho
The whole point of my missive is that you have to know when something you're posting is pure bullshit, and when it's not. If you end up with more bullshit (like the above list), than something that is actually plausible, or ends up being true, then people will just start to ignore everything - regardless of credibility. Then when really good poo poo comes out, it's hard for it to make an impact due to all the noise from prior bullshit.
[/quote]

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

What is the SnR of a strength beacon?

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
So what's the point of d3 these days? What does one do in the"season"?

I built a 2 for 1 skeletal mage spam Max essence spend and restore globe build, and now I can't think of anything interesting in the game. Like, go into rift, right click 3 times, wait, do again, teleport onto health globes, right click 3 times, pop shrines with Nemesis equipped and forget what that does every time, etc.

It was fun to get there, but now that I'm skely god, it's boring.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

space games are so loving stupid except homeworld

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Solarin posted:

space games are so loving stupid except homeworld

This is a good post and true. Nothing against homeworld actually, but god drat space games suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Chris should get into the legalized weed market with Squadron 420 spin-off.