Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

i dont know what i'm doing wrong with those loving portrait games

You can borrow my sticky note

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Evil Eagle posted:

:eyepop:

well that works.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

I feel kinda gross having bought the extra post-game shop moons. They're basically just cheating and permanently gently caress up your true moon count.

Nah they're not so bad.

Even if you literally buy 999 of them, each stage still tells you exactly how many moons you haven't collected from it yet, and you can't cap out your moon count at 999 without buying like over 160 of them anyway, so the devs did intend for the player to buy a bunch. Buying moons isn't cheating, it's just unlocking outfits and special stages early.

You're not done until every stage in the map menu reads X/X purple coins and Y/Y moons collected, and your balloon says 999.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Nov 7, 2017

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Wait if you buy moons they cancel a hidden one? What? I’ve been buying them because I assumed they were just another moon to get.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
No, buying balloons will not cancel any of the world-placed moons. It's just a way to increase your moon count, which the game uses to unlock additional content like more outfits and additional worlds after you beat the story. Also, each world includes one purchased moon in the official count, so you have to buy 1 moon in each world's store anyway.

And by the way, I know this has been talked about before but I just want to say how great I think it is that Nintendo has put all these outfits in the game that don't do a thing mechanically, but just exist for fun... and they didn't put them behind microtransactions. It's the most good-will building thing I've seen them do in a long time, which they definitely need after the NES Classic fiasco.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Nov 7, 2017

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

GreatGreen posted:

No, buying balloons will not cancel any of the world-placed moons. It's just a way to increase your moon count, which the game uses to unlock additional content like more outfits and additional worlds after you beat the story. Also, each world includes one purchased moon in the official count, so you have to buy 1 moon in each world's store anyway.

And by the way, I know this has been talked about before but I just want to say how great I think it is that Nintendo has put all these outfits in the game that don't do a thing mechanically, but just exist for fun... and they didn't put them behind microtransactions. It's the most good-will building thing I've seen them do in a long time, which they definitely need after the NES Classic fiasco.

Thank you Nintendo for putting outfits in your game, I will now forgive you for your other product being too popular!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Verisimilidude posted:

Does anyone else hate the design of the broodals? they're genuinely ugly and unsettling and if they were in any other game I bet people would be agreeing wholeheartedly that they're terrible

Yeah, they're pretty lovely.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Last night at midnight I got the urge to bring down some of my Koopa race times and all I can think about at work is doing more of that.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Evil Eagle posted:

*facepalm*

I saw people online talking about using post-it notes and I was like "Oh yeah, draw the features on notes, stick them to your TV, move Mario to match, that makes sense".

I use my Switch docked way more often than I thought I would.

GreatGreen posted:

I run around in the mechanic outfit most of the time. Don't know why I like it so much but I do.

https://twitter.com/asecondduck/status/927345379703705600

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Evil Eagle posted:

Uh better have that glass screen protector

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I feel like I'm doing a bad job of exploring since I have not found any of the picture match minigames.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Electric Phantasm posted:

I feel like I'm doing a bad job of exploring since I have not found any of the picture match minigames.

There are only two of them.

Internet Alias
Dec 5, 2005
Mirrors are more fun than television.
Hunting regional coins in Seaside is driving me crazy, so many bits of coral that are juuust close enough to their shade of purple.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
Phew after finishing all the bounding races it should be a breeze to get the last 60 moons I need

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

GAAAAAH the Dark Side boss rush!! Give me health!!!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Electric Phantasm posted:

One is almost impossible not to find once you get to the mushroom kingdom.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Waffleman_ posted:

No lie this was about as hard for me as champions road was

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Waffleman_ posted:

You can walk all the way out and get the hidden six-heart from one of the fruit stems right by the wire at any point.

Alternatively, buy a six-heart from a shop beforehand and :gitgud: which took me a while :shobon:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

can someone point out to me where exactly that hidden six heart is? I've been all up and down those vegetable piles and I can't find it.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

TFRazorsaw posted:

can someone point out to me where exactly that hidden six heart is? I've been all up and down those vegetable piles and I can't find it.

Don't give in, do it the proper way with 3 heart

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Tatsuta Age posted:

No lie this was about as hard for me as champions road was

I could not reliably jump on the purple piranha plants. I will never beat that level.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

TFRazorsaw posted:

Same. I checked every single stem.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
It's inside your Peach Amiibo

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

TFRazorsaw posted:

Pile directly to the right of the electric bridge to the tower. There's a stem at not quite ground level pointing away from the tower. Cappy has to spin on it for a second.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

thanks.

and of course, I use it and don't even get hit for the first time.

the universe is trying to teach me something.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
100 jump rope moon sure is some impossible bullshit. there's someone with a number 1 ranking of 55555. switch been hacked already?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I mean once you get past 50 you can just hit the jump button as fast as possible and never fail. I guess it's possible that someone could mash the button for 10 mins, pause the game, unpause and mash for 10 mins, repeat forever.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Waffleman_ posted:

Theres a hidden big heart in the area outside. Spin your cap on top of all the stalks of the rock vegetables and you'll find it. You can also walk back out between fights and recollect it without resetting your progress.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vikar Jerome posted:

100 jump rope moon sure is some impossible bullshit. there's someone with a number 1 ranking of 55555. switch been hacked already?

I bet it's something similar to what people do to "draw" intricate posts in Splatoon 2--connect a microcontroller to the Switch masquerading as a USB controller that sends a preprogrammed set of inputs. They generally aren't very powerful, so it wouldn't be capible of much, but it could certainly send the A button at the right times to jump rope indefinitely.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Evil Eagle posted:

I'm upset that they chose some shapes that are almost identical when mirrored. I shouldn't get like 30 points removed because the goomba eyes are probably flipped upside down and swapped, they look practically perfect!

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Gimbal lock posted:

I'm upset that they chose some shapes that are almost identical when mirrored. I shouldn't get like 30 points removed because the goomba eyes are probably flipped upside down and swapped, they look practically perfect!

It's easy to tell which eye is which, look where the pupil highlights are.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hooray, I'm the king of the moon

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gimbal lock posted:

If someone put your eyes on backwards you'd probably deduct some big points.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

If someone put your eyes on backwards you'd probably deduct some big points.

Ophthalmologist here. Can confirm that’s definitely not good.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Please don't rip out Mario's eyes.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
Mario should leave Peach and Bowser alone, he loves her. Go after Pauline. Duh.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

and what about Peach's thoughts on the matter

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

TFRazorsaw posted:

and what about Peach's thoughts on the matter

Age of the strong independent woman.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

I just got the last moon, the final face matching puzzle in Mushroom Kingdom is the hardest moon in the game if you ask me...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

.TakaM posted:

I just got the last moon, the final face matching puzzle in Mushroom Kingdom is the hardest moon in the game if you ask me...

jump rope

• Locked thread