Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I pushed a call onto another district because it was 3 blocks out of ours. An hour later they are still trying to flip it back to us while I was eating dinner at the union hall. Pwned

I'm also extremely disappointed at how lovely the 3M LPR system is. [ESC] [ESC] [ESC] [ESC]:argh:

Woof Blitzer fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Oct 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Exactly

The Pope
Feb 18, 2007

The Shep posted:

I am. And there isn't. At least not to the extent that would require a national protest to address it. I know the new hip and cool thing is to claim systemic racism in criminal justice, education, housing, politics, elections, business, and every other American institution in an effort to destabilize and deligitimize their functions. But it's all based on bullshit. Sorry, a few cops being acquitted Nationwide for some very high profile and politicized encounters driven by the media and agitators with an agenda isn't proof of "muh systemic racism!"

I guess here comes another probation for wrong think.

Just quoting for history that shep dunked on you.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Shep didn't, though. He's wrong.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Shep didn't, though. He's wrong.

Poster is kinda delusional just roll with it.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.
Remember when this thread wasn't a D&D infested dumpster fire?

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

The Shep posted:

MAGA!

Many Are Getting Arrested

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

The Shep posted:

When was that :thunk:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

The Shep posted:

I believe interacting more with the community is the future of safe policing in America.

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Oct 30, 2017

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
:rip: whip

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

:confused: what did I miss

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
He'll be back one day, once the tuition bills are paid off.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Smiling Jack posted:

:confused: what did I miss

Whip is doing cam shows to pay for school, I think.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Mr. Nice! posted:

Whip is doing cam shows to pay for school, I think.

Can confirm

can also recommend :quagmire:

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
Eh this thread went downhill once meatsickle got arrested.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

GunForumMeme posted:

Eh this thread went downhill once meatsickle got arrested.

He was acquitted http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/cannibal-visits-websites-dedicated-eating-humans-article-1.2967342

Still visits cannibal websites but matured beyond this dead gay forum 🤷🏻‍♂️

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

The Shep posted:

What? No.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

The Shep posted:

But I also don't like many of the new people coming on board that think they know everything.

We recently had a trainee get upset because an FTO told them policing was not for them. This was after a situation where they almost got the FTO and a few officers seriously hurt, as well as other repeated issues and officer safety problems. The trainee went home and complained to their parents about the mean FTO. The parents called the Chief to complain about the treatment of their special child. The FTO was promptly reassigned without much discussion, and the trainee force fed through the program by a supervisor because no one would take them. We need the bodies guys.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Is this a case of you get what you pay for recruiting wise? How is your department salary / benefits?

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Smiling Jack posted:

Is this a case of you get what you pay for recruiting wise? How is your department salary / benefits?

We offer just about $5K under our nearest competitors. Not bad considering we offer take home cars, which they don't. It goes a little sideways when you get in to experience level compensation. We don't have a salary table with steps, so getting raises is sometimes like winning the lottery. If I worked for a neighboring jurisdiction I'd be making $14.5K more a year per their salary scale at this point. That certainly has an affect over time.

We just had a pre-hire intern who would physically shudder when he heard curse words. I'm talking freak out if someone said "gently caress", and he didn't understand how people could use words like that. He was physically "triggered". Someone pointed out he's going to hear those words a lot on the street and he just didn't seem to get it.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

SAME SAME I CAME posted:

We offer just about $5K under our nearest competitors. Not bad considering we offer take home cars, which they don't. It goes a little sideways when you get in to experience level compensation. We don't have a salary table with steps, so getting raises is sometimes like winning the lottery. If I worked for a neighboring jurisdiction I'd be making $14.5K more a year per their salary scale at this point. That certainly has an affect over time.

Don't be hatin' :smuggo:

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

SAME SAME I CAME posted:

We just had a pre-hire intern who would physically shudder when he heard curse words. I'm talking freak out if someone said "gently caress", and he didn't understand how people could use words like that. He was physically "triggered". Someone pointed out he's going to hear those words a lot on the street and he just didn't seem to get it.

jfc

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
I just got a 2 month temp promotion to a gs13, just fyi.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Reign Of Pain posted:

I just got a 2 month temp promotion to a gs13, just fyi.

Frig off

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
One of the guys on the team im managing got a job with CBP but they told him that since the irs let his clearance lapse he has to wait for them to clear him...he was told that could take between 2 months to 2 years. A GS11 IT position in the midwest too. I knew that OPM was backed up but 2 years? Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit....

Pilot to Gunner
Aug 21, 2009

That's what you get, you get fork stabbed.

SAME SAME I CAME posted:

We recently had a trainee get upset because an FTO told them policing was not for them. This was after a situation where they almost got the FTO and a few officers seriously hurt, as well as other repeated issues and officer safety problems. The trainee went home and complained to their parents about the mean FTO. The parents called the Chief to complain about the treatment of their special child. The FTO was promptly reassigned without much discussion, and the trainee force fed through the program by a supervisor because no one would take them. We need the bodies guys.

Our dept had a similar situation with a trainee who complained that their FTO was too mean for saying that maybe she wasn't cut out to be police. Almost that verbatim "this just isn't for you" sort of thing. She got led through with kid gloves after that. Everyone predicted that she would wash out or quit at some point but nooooope, still a PO. Cause... bodies.

A few months ago I saw bodycam footage of her standing around helplessly while her partner was getting his rear end handed to him by a banger, as she slowly edged away and squealed helpful things like "Oh no watch out!" and "Ew, he's bleeding on you!". Instead of, you know, actually helping her partner or calling for backup.

"Ew, he's bleeding on you!"

:downsbravo:

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Pilot to Gunner posted:

Our dept had a similar situation with a trainee who complained that their FTO was too mean for saying that maybe she wasn't cut out to be police. Almost that verbatim "this just isn't for you" sort of thing. She got led through with kid gloves after that. Everyone predicted that she would wash out or quit at some point but nooooope, still a PO. Cause... bodies.

A few months ago I saw bodycam footage of her standing around helplessly while her partner was getting his rear end handed to him by a banger, as she slowly edged away and squealed helpful things like "Oh no watch out!" and "Ew, he's bleeding on you!". Instead of, you know, actually helping her partner or calling for backup.

Sounds like shes a cumdodger too...

Pilot to Gunner
Aug 21, 2009

Reign Of Pain posted:

Sounds like shes a cumdodger too...

My parents will be calling the Chief ASAP to complain about this post.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Pilot to Gunner posted:

I thought that in these situations you guys just shot the 'perp

Pilot to Gunner
Aug 21, 2009

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

I thought that in these situations you guys just shot the 'perp

Well, yeah. Why else would he be bleeding on an officer if not from a bullet wound(s)?

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Pilot to Gunner posted:

My parents will be calling the Chief ASAP to complain about this post.

I aint got a chief. I got a commissioner. The commish is about to finish his term so ya better hurry

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
God The Commish was such a great show.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Grem posted:

God The Wire was such a great show.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

Grem posted:

God The Shield was such a great show.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Grem posted:

God Reno 911 was such a great show.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

Grem posted:

God Southland was such a great show.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

:saddowns:

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Grem posted:

God The Inspectors is such a great show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21G3vCXOIAc

actually no its not...

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

What the fuuuuuck is this? How is it a real thing? Is it meant to be a comedy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Lmao I was background on The Inspectors but I’ve never watched a single episode.