Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

hiddenriverninja posted:

Isn't that saying from The Lego Batman Movie?

It dates to at least 2009
https://twitter.com/GeoAtreides/status/5751581738

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Yup, it's some meme poo poo. Still, Alfred shooting people with a big gun is always pretty cool.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

X-O posted:

Black Bolt #6

Black Bolt and his ragtag crew are finally facing off against the force that's holding them in jail. They've been endlessly tortured, killed, resurrected, and tortured again many times. This is their last chance to get out. But even the overwhelming power of Black Bolt seems to be falling short. Crusher has an idea though, one that won't end well for him.

God I love when people remember that Absorbing Man has cosmic levels of potential in his powerset. :allears:

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Absorbing Man is such a consistently fun character, he's this weird mixture of crazy super threat and goon with a chip on his shoulder. You sure as hell don't want to fight him but if you have to he is at least human enough to trick. A villain with a heart of humanity is always better than some force of evil with no conscience.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Thank you for adding in the backstory. Based on that art in the first panel, I was thinking Batman got vampired again.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

TGG posted:

Absorbing Man is such a consistently fun character, he's this weird mixture of crazy super threat and goon with a chip on his shoulder. You sure as hell don't want to fight him but if you have to he is at least human enough to trick. A villain with a heart of humanity is always better than some force of evil with no conscience.

It's going to be so annoying when some other writer brings him back with no explanation and just has him as the dumb musclehead who exists solely to get punted off-panel by the heavy hitter. Or worse.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

ecavalli posted:

Yup, it's some meme poo poo. Still, Alfred shooting people with a big gun is always pretty cool.

From Batman vs. Predator Alfred vs. Predator (featuring Batman)

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Mister Mind posted:

From Batman vs. Predator Alfred vs. Predator (featuring Batman)

And that's one of the better examples! It's right up there with Alfred beating the hell out of Superman in that one Injustice issue.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Fuego Fish posted:

It's going to be so annoying when some other writer brings him back with no explanation and just has him as the dumb musclehead who exists solely to get punted off-panel by the heavy hitter. Or worse.

I'm just confused because the last issue I read had Lockjaw showing up and rescuing Black Bolt from a room where he and Absorbing Man were chained up while the oxygen was being taken out of the room.

I stopped reading there because I figured Black Bolt was exactly enough of a dick to not go back and rescue the guy he'd been talking to up until then.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

biracial bear for uncut posted:

I'm just confused because the last issue I read had Lockjaw showing up and rescuing Black Bolt from a room where he and Absorbing Man were chained up while the oxygen was being taken out of the room.

I stopped reading there because I figured Black Bolt was exactly enough of a dick to not go back and rescue the guy he'd been talking to up until then.

Lockjaw takes him out, then BB strongly considers leaving, but ultimately goes back to every one, but not before he bullshits up some aura to keep his powers (and by extension let everyone else keep their powers). By the time he gets back, Absorbing Man has died and been resurrected.

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011

TwoPair posted:

Lockjaw takes him out, then BB strongly considers leaving, but ultimately goes back to every one, but not before he bullshits up some aura to keep his powers (and by extension let everyone else keep their powers). By the time he gets back, Absorbing Man has died and been resurrected.

To add onto this, there was some weird time displacement going on. For Black Bolt it was a minute, maybe two. For the prison it was a couple days. Also the first few pages had Lockjaws' Origin Story(he is a dog), which was completely adorable except for the one panel of blatant child abuse. Also, Lockjaw is as old as, and probably a bit older than, Black Bolt.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Free Thor comics on Amazon today.
https://www.amazon.com/Free-Kindle-Comics-Kindle-Store/b/ref=nodl_?ie=UTF8&node=11758025011

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

THIS IS LITERALLY THE BEST POST THIS THREAD HAS EVER HAD.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Toshimo posted:

THIS IS LITERALLY THE BEST POST THIS THREAD HAS EVER HAD.

:cheers:

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

10 Beers posted:

Free Thor comics on Amazon today.
[url]

Free Simonson and Aaron Thor!

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Definitely get the Simonson one, it's a steal and includes Skurge's last stand, which belongs both in this thread and the touching/inspiring thread.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I just grabbed all of Aaron's run, I already had the visonaries from the last big sale.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

looks like you can get all three. Thank you

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Well maybe I don't have Amazon Prime or whatever's required, because I'm not seeing an option to not pay for those books.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Fuego Fish posted:

Well maybe I don't have Amazon Prime or whatever's required, because I'm not seeing an option to not pay for those books.

Make sure you have Kindle selected.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
It's also available for comixology (just snagged all 3)

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

CzarChasm posted:

It's also available for comixology (just snagged all 3)

And if you linked your Amazon account to comixology, it will show up there as well if you buy on Amazon.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
One Punch Man.
Don't pick fights with wizened old martial arts masters.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Always remember Rule One: "Do not act incautiously when confronting little bald wrinkly smiling men!"

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Soonmot posted:

I just grabbed all of Aaron's run, I already had the visonaries from the last big sale.

:getin: Post your thoughts.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Evil Mastermind posted:

Always remember Rule One: "Do not act incautiously when confronting little bald wrinkly smiling men!"

You're an evil Mastermind and you say that, but once you get the hero in your sights you'll just tell a henchmen to take care of it.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I'm reading old Thor on Marvel Unlimited and, man, Loki loves the hell out of some pigeons. I don't know if that's badass or not.

Watching Kirby shape Asgard sure is though.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Open Marriage Night posted:

:getin: Post your thoughts.

Simonsn's run is gorgeous and wonderful, I just finished it a few days ago. Won't start Aarron's for a hot minute as I'm going through *all* of Wolverine and then I have the Claremont/Davis Excalibur trades from the last big sale, too.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

You're the op of this thread and you haven't read God of Thunder smh...

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I don't think that was the original thread title

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

purple death ray posted:

Not an excuse

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

purple death ray posted:

Proud to say the title was my idea.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Speaking of which it's been seven pages since anybody posted some Thor panels, I'm starting to get the shakes.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

David D. Davidson posted:

Speaking of which it's been seven pages since anybody posted some Thor panels, I'm starting to get the shakes.

This is still one of the most badass moments in a comic full of badass moments.
Let there be Skurge! Thor 362
Sorry about so many but they are all needed

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

David D. Davidson posted:

It's not as bombastic as other moments, but I appreciate when normal folks can hold their own

For context: Roxxon is making a move on Broxton, building large, pollutant industries and generally ruining things. Roz Solomon, a SHIELD agent, who's currently keeping tabs on Thor, investigates

(Thor: God of Thunder #22 and #23)

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
My Hero Academia.
Sun Eater's power is that he can turn any part of his body into whatever he's eaten.
He had swordfish for lunch.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

I just turned my butt into a pile of McNuggets. Watch out, world.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Rhaka posted:

Want me to help you turn it back? :v:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Original title was "Pretty much just excessive violence"

But yes, I've read all of the current Thor run, I just didn't have it digitally, and since who knows when an omnibus will be made, this was a good time to grab the whole collection.

Really, I'm hurt here, goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rhaka posted:

Wouldn't McNuggets just let you transform in pigeon and cockroach?

E: This power is more useful than it seems. Being bitchslapped by a giant clam would ruin anyone's day.

Say Nothing fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Nov 12, 2017