Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

quote:

Randy Bryce, the union ironworker with the viral campaign ad targeting House Speaker Paul Ryan, has a simple explanation for why he's garnering national attention and loads of campaign cash.

"I just said my story," explained Bryce, a Democrat hoping to challenge Ryan, a Janesville Republican, next year. "Everybody has a story."

Well, here's the rest of Bryce's story.

The 52-year-old military veteran, who has featured his 11-year-old son in that online ad and in fundraising letters, was delinquent on paying his child support for nearly two years.

gdi ironstache

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Russian plant

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

doubting ironstache or spreading that story is supporting russian propaganda

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
Soiled Meat
a candidate to end the family court tyranny is my candidate

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

not a big deal

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/KamalaHarris/status/927953045631176705

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
Soiled Meat
paul ryan literally wants to have orphans killed to lower public spenidng

ironstache had a personal failing in the past

is there a difference?

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Can't wait for Kelly to endorse Ironstache

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

steinrokkan posted:

paul ryan literally wants to have orphans killed to lower public spenidng

ironstache had a personal failing in the past

is there a difference?

pretty recent in the past though, he paid it shortly after launching his campaign

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Stache's child-support debt was a whopping $1257, or about the tab for one dinner for 12 at the DNC.

That said, it's still crappy so I'm ok if Myers wins.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

:agreed: it would be nice if the dems stopped running robots for office until they’ve mastered the empathy.exe program.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

deadgoon posted:

who are these potential democratic voters that are opposed to sanctuary cities

gotta win those center-right independents!!!!!!!!!

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

whoever loses the WI dem primary for ryan's cd we win (both dem candidates fully support M4A).

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/AdamParkhomenko/status/927978248016924673

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

SirPhoebos posted:

Then where the gently caress are my Doomwheels? :colbert:

actual fascists are less efficient than the skaven

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax
I'm a Russian Active Measure

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

also the WI primary isn't until 8/14/18, lol.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

if northam wins, dems are gonna cheer as he signs legislation banning sanctuary cities

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
election thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3839907

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

oh so he’s a man from wisconsin

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

david brock spent 1 million hillary funbux on twitter bots to defend mother

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Taintrunner posted:

david brock spent 1 million hillary funbux on twitter bots to defend mother

I know he did. But hey, Russia spent $100k on Facebook ads(most were in 2015) and that swung the election!

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

really setting those expectations, huh?

if Northam loses, it can't be helped because of bog-standard voter suppression poo poo and also RUSSIA

if Northam barely scrapes a win, he's a heroic champion who was able to overcome incredible odds thanks to his brilliant opinions on consolidating data centers

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Main Paineframe posted:

really setting those expectations, huh?

if Northam loses, it can't be helped because of bog-standard voter suppression poo poo and also RUSSIA

if Northam barely scrapes a win, he's a heroic champion who was able to overcome incredible odds thanks to his brilliant opinions on consolidating data centers

to be clear: northam is not in favor of consolidating data centers. this is a smear.

northam is in favor of consolidating college debt collection offices

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Lastgirl posted:

im ralphin for northam :barf:

:kisses fingers:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Probably Magic posted:

I can't even make up my mind if I want to vote in the Raleigh mayor run-off or not, much less invest in an election that isn't mine.

Always vote, even if you just scribble JEB! over the whole thing.

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

You know it makes me feel pretty good that the party centrists insist I need to unite behind to stop fascism accuses everyone that doesn't march lock step with them as enemy agents of a foreign power.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Vox Nihili posted:

wait there are other ways to vote?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Seems like the sort of thing that would happen to normal non-millionaires on occasion.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Wow loving inspiring. *~×Russian Active Measure Defeated×~*

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Vox Nihili posted:

I’m not voting :twisted:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think Northam squeaks by but boy Dems are in full meltdown mode if he doesn't.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

yeah, gently caress that guy

quote:

I’ve been asked why I’m running for Congress several times on the campaign trail. The truth is, moving to Washington and becoming “Congressman Bryce” wasn’t something on my bucket list. But I kept hearing stories from friends and neighbors about the pain and hardship that people were facing ― and these stories hit home because they were often circumstances I’ve experienced myself and have worked to overcome.

When people asked me to run against Paul Ryan, it was clear that those folks were looking for someone who understood what it was like to be a working person trying to make ends meet.

It’s fair to say that working people are underrepresented in Congress ― Paul Ryan certainly doesn’t understand what it’s like to live paycheck to paycheck, to have to choose between food and paying your bills, or to literally be faced with life and death decisions with no health insurance.

But I do understand. I’ve survived some really awful times and it’s time there’s someone in Congress who knows what everyday people are going through.

I know what it’s like to work 100 hours a week, doing hard, manual labor ― because I’ve done it.

I know the fear and uncertainty of having a serious disease ― cancer ― and no health insurance. Because I have been there.

I know what it’s like to be fighting for your life while watching your world crumble around you. Because 17 years ago, I had to file for bankruptcy when my mounting medical bills and other debt became too much to bear.  

I know what people are facing, and that’s exactly why I jumped into this race.  

Sadly, my story is not unique. Thousands of people across Wisconsin have experienced the same soul-crushing decision to file for bankruptcy. It’s just wrong.  I was very lucky to be able to resolve my case over a few years, but not everyone is that fortunate.  As a veteran, I know some of the hardest hit by this crisis are the brave men and women who have served our country only to have the system turn its back on them. It’s gone on too long, and it’s not something I will stand by and continue to watch.

I know what it’s like to look your child in the eyes and have to explain that your job has changed and times were going to be tight for a while. I had to do it, and I fell behind on my child support payments. 

Thankfully, my son’s mom and I were able to work together, putting our son first, and we made a plan to ensure all his needs were met in the fastest way possible.  But kids shouldn’t suffer because parents fall on hard times. We have to do better, and I believe we can.  

It breaks my heart that these stories are as common as they are, right here in Southeastern Wisconsin and across the country. It’s scary being in these situations. You’re a nervous wreck, you’re ashamed you can’t protect and take care of your family, and you don’t know how you’re going to claw your way back. Like so many people, I can say that I’ve had to borrow money from friends and family in tough times.

That’s the thing about working families ― we know how to work together and lift each other up. It’s that sense of shared community that I want to bring to Congress.

Working people and families are facing tough times like this all over the country, and now Republicans are trying to give millionaires and billionaires more tax cuts while telling us that we can’t pay for education or Medicare for All, or anything else that would help families struggling to make ends meet.  

The Republican attack machine is in full gear, obviously spreading my record around to hit me for having the same economic problems that millions of people struggle with every single day.  That’s ok -– I’ve survived much worse. I’m grateful to have come out on the other side of some incredibly hard times ― but I know many, many more have not been so lucky. Part of the reason is that the system is rigged against them, and it’s time for that game to stop. While I’m not perfect, I can promise that I will do everything in my power and work every single day to ensure we start looking out for the 99% instead of the wealthy few.

just look at that inhuman monster

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Crosspost.

Honk honk

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Vox Nihili posted:

Saying the state parties don't control the voting process & rolls is like saying the President doesn't control the EPA. It's not just rule by fiat, but the control via direct appointees is pretty loving clear.

Reminder that during the primaries people like CC et al, where honestly arguing that the president doesn't actually do anything, therefore it doesn't matter if Bernie is president or not (so you should vote for hillary for reasons.)

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Reminder that during the primaries people like CC et al, where honestly arguing that the president doesn't actually do anything, therefore it doesn't matter if Bernie is president or not (so you should vote for hillary for reasons.)

that doesn't sound like me at all

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
is the problem that randy actually paid his back child support instead of letting it run into the hundreds of thousands of dollars the way rich people do?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Al! posted:

is the problem that randy actually paid his back child support instead of letting it run into the hundreds of thousands of dollars the way rich people do?
yes

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Deleted :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

The guy that punched Spencer in the face is def. Grimgor Ironhide.

• Locked thread