Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

new boss = new god? cmon theres so much unused poo poo on that tab

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Indecisive posted:

new boss = new god? cmon theres so much unused poo poo on that tab

I'm expecting 3.1 to be the "we are releasing all the gods that didn't make the cut for 3.0" release, so thats likely.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

I'm always down for deicide :black101:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I hope they jumble the atlas for 3.1. I mean we know that they're going to add new maps based on the tilesets/bosses (hype for snow map) but I want them to jumble the gently caress out of it, shaping strategies are lame.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Discovered a fun bug; tp out of rotting core right after you kill the depraved trinity, before it sucks you out into the act end. When you comeback in, the arena is still there and the depraved trinity is just sitting there with 0 hp. You can't trigger the transition though, so you have to reroll the instance to get past. Makes for a great place to trade though, very imposing :V

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I really hope they rework the pantheon system at some point because it is very boring.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i dont mind the bonuses being generally pretty minor since it means i dont feel like i need to change them around all the time depending on what im doing

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Wezlar posted:

I really hope they rework the pantheon system at some point because it is very boring.

Yeah, it feels pretty tacked on. We must have a new gameplay system for every expansion! is a lame reason to have a new gameplay system.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
I actually like it, I just wish the bonuses were more interactive.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Vasudus posted:

I hope they jumble the atlas for 3.1. I mean we know that they're going to add new maps based on the tilesets/bosses (hype for snow map) but I want them to jumble the gently caress out of it, shaping strategies are lame.
You know that just means it'll take people a week tops to come up with new optimized shaping strategies.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

theshim posted:

You know that just means it'll take people a week tops to come up with new optimized shaping strategies.

Spergs are always gonna sperg, no matter what. I hope they keep balancing the atlas so that there isn't the "one true strategy". I feel like nerfing strand was a strong step towards this - 3.0 had a lot more diversity in what you could run.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i guess going from strand to spider forest or vault is technically a 100% improvement

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Oh I fully expect it to be mathed out before the end of the first week. I hated running strands so much but it was just SO GOOD. I don't mind that there's a solid shaping strategy, it just shouldn't be heads and shoulders above everything else and should at least change from time to time, like every other league.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
The easiest and I think simplest conceptual way to break shaped meta is to have shaped maps naturally "connected" to the closest T-1 and T+1 maps on their path to the center, which kills the only drop the one shaped map strategy.

e.g.
T11 Strand would be considered linked to Arsenal, Crematory, and Estuary [aka Chateau links]
T11 Spider Forest would be linked to Malformation and Necropolis (RIP) [aka Excavation]
T13 Shore would be linked to Ivory Temple, Plateau, and Maze [aka Plaza and Scriptorium]
T15 Colonnade links to Springs and Hydra [aka Overgrown Ruin]

lurksion fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Nov 7, 2017

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

lurksion posted:

The easiest and I think simplest conceptual way to break shaped meta is to have shaped maps naturally "connected" to the closest T-1 and T+1 maps on their path to the center, which kills the only drop the one shaped map strategy.

e.g.
T11 Strand would be considered linked to Arsenal, Crematory, and Estuary [aka Chateau links]
T11 Spider Forest would be linked to Malformation and Necropolis (RIP) [aka Excavation]
T13 Shore would be linked to Ivory Temple, Plateau, and Maze [aka Plaza and Scriptorium]
T15 Colonnade links to Springs and Hydra [aka Overgrown Ruin]

seems good

also I hope some duplicate maps get new unused tilesets (like Templar Archives/Ossuary/Oriath Square), Darkwoods for example can go gently caress itself

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I like shaped strats, maybe just don't let The Doctor drop on a map you can shape?

Either way there is always going to be a best way to do things and I'd like to not have to mess with sextants/the atlas more to get the same returns

Wezlar fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Nov 7, 2017

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Wezlar posted:

I like shaped strats, maybe just don't let The Doctor drop on a map you can shape?

Why? Spider Forest is a terrible map and if you shape it to get The Doctor then your loss?

Hauki
May 11, 2010

TheRat posted:

Why? Spider Forest is a terrible map and if you shape it to get The Doctor then your loss?

counterpoint: friend got a headhunter off of doctor cards by like early week 2

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Hauki posted:

counterpoint: friend got a headhunter off of doctor cards by like early week 2

Did he sleep? The droprate is pretty loving terrible. Either he got absurdly lucky or he could have bought two headhunters from the profits made from running an actual good map the same amount of times.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

TheRat posted:

Did he sleep? The droprate is pretty loving terrible. Either he got absurdly lucky or he could have bought two headhunters from the profits made from running an actual good map the same amount of times.

^^^^^
and even if that weren't the case I'd rather spend 1.5x the time grinding enjoyable maps than a miserable one for the same effect

if standing on your head gave you 1% additional quantity players would complain that they're being forced to do it

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
I ran 800 spider forests before I got my first Doctor, which is above average.

If you got Zana 8 early, people were seeing average of 200-300 maps per Doctor, which is still pretty horrendous, but bearable.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

interrodactyl posted:

I ran 800 spider forests before I got my first Doctor, which is above average.

If you got Zana 8 early, people were seeing average of 200-300 maps per Doctor, which is still pretty horrendous, but bearable.

So lets say 300 avg (which I'd say is very charitable), that's 2400 maps to get a headhunter. That's a loving absurd amount of maps. That's several level hundred chars.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TheRat posted:

So lets say 300 avg (which I'd say is very charitable), that's 2400 maps to get a headhunter. That's a loving absurd amount of maps. That's several level hundred chars.

at 2 minutes a map that's only 80 hours of mapping.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Kild posted:

at 2 minutes a map that's only 80 hours of mapping.

lmfao two minutes for a strand maybe, but you're talking about spider forest. double that and add in a medium amount of downtime

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

lmfao two minutes for a strand maybe, but you're talking about spider forest. double that and add in a medium amount of downtime

Look at this slow guy I bet it takes you more than 2 weeks to farm your own headhunter

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Even more so if you're breaching it since you can't actually speed those up.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Kild posted:

Look at this slow guy I bet it takes you more than 2 weeks to farm your own headhunter

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/mortimermcmire/characters

like sub 100 hours this league lol

i think i barely have 300 maps cleared, no zana 8 because master dailies suck rear end

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

also 'only 80 hours per 3 month league'

Hauki
May 11, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

also 'only 80 hours per 3 month league'

just lol if you don’t cram in 80 hours of play in the first four days of a league

and then never log in again until the next league

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Kild posted:

eh sounds about right for me imo

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
Is it actually practical to max Zana without buying daily rotations or prophecies? That's my main gripe with endgame mapping right now. I've been playing all league and I still never got up to Breaches.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Takes around two months to get zana 8 SSF if you play a few hours every day

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

TheRat posted:

Bad Game Design

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
yeah i did zana's dailies every day and did her quests each time they came up in mapping and i got zana 8 on like october 30th; i don't know how you'd get her two weeks into a league without ruthlessly efficient master sharing

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Craig K posted:

yeah i did zana's dailies every day and did her quests each time they came up in mapping and i got zana 8 on like october 30th; i don't know how you'd get her two weeks into a league without ruthlessly efficient master sharing

You can do it in a day if you've got decent money. Buy the prophs and run them in t16 maps.

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
If they do something to break shaping strategies, I really hope they undo the pack density nerfs in exchange. Maps felt so empty this league.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

It seems like they wanted to make the vanilla maps lovely, and force players to spend extra currency on Zana mods and chisels and so on to get better drops and XP and pack size. I doubt they're going to make maps better, but maybe the league gimmick will be better.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

TheRat posted:

Even then, you'd have to get lucky enough to have her show up in maps reasonably often. I've been at it since the start of this league in SSF and my zana is like 20% through 7 at this point.

10bux
Sep 10, 2008
If you've been one of the handful of people still playing, then you've probably heard me bitching about how I've never gotten a single good uber lab helm enchant despite ~500ish runs (over multiple leagues).

Well Bitch no more!

This morning I enchanted The Tempest helm with +2 barrage and it sold for 90 exalted within the first hour! I actually was somewhat regretting not trying for more since it sold so fast, but it is the end of the league and I'd much rather have the money. Anyway later today I saw that there was only 1 hour left before Lab reset so I figured why not buy another Tempest and do my favorite uber lab again.

I got Blade Vortex Duration! Mathil just did a EK/BV build using the Tempest so I figured its gotta be worth some money, and sure enough, every one listed is for 15exalted or more.

In hindsight though I wish I didn't list it.

Next run I enchanted a Starkonja with +2 Barrage. Plus I picked up a rare quiver off the floor and corrupted +1 Additional Arrow.

Feel free to hate me right now, but it won't phase me because I'm floating on cloud9 :smuggo:
Deep down though I'm thinking I may have just hosed my RNG for both upcoming races and probably the entire next league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

10bux posted:

If you've been one of the handful of people still playing, then you've probably heard me bitching about how I've never gotten a single good uber lab helm enchant despite ~500ish runs (over multiple leagues).

Well Bitch no more!

This morning I enchanted The Tempest helm with +2 barrage and it sold for 90 exalted within the first hour! I actually was somewhat regretting not trying for more since it sold so fast, but it is the end of the league and I'd much rather have the money. Anyway later today I saw that there was only 1 hour left before Lab reset so I figured why not buy another Tempest and do my favorite uber lab again.

I got Blade Vortex Duration! Mathil just did a EK/BV build using the Tempest so I figured its gotta be worth some money, and sure enough, every one listed is for 15exalted or more.

In hindsight though I wish I didn't list it.

Next run I enchanted a Starkonja with +2 Barrage. Plus I picked up a rare quiver off the floor and corrupted +1 Additional Arrow.

Feel free to hate me right now, but it won't phase me because I'm floating on cloud9 :smuggo:
Deep down though I'm thinking I may have just hosed my RNG for both upcoming races and probably the entire next league.

I did basically the same thing a couple weeks ago. As penance to RNGsus I ran nothing but beachhead rotations from 80-100 on a full support scion.