Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

QuarkMartial posted:

Weight chat: started 2017 at 437lbs, now I'm down to 375. Shooting for below 360 before this year is over. Weightlifting (and proper nutrition) is where it's at.

:bisonyes:

Nice work, 360 is easily achievable. Get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

BraveUlysses posted:

nice overbite :yeah:

Ughhh, what is it? Feels like a MR2 or other smooth 90s Japanese sports car, but the corner lights are all wrong.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

So much for Whole Foods. I thought I had left on good terms when I left in 2010; they just called and said I had been marked not for rehire (I still have the email from my old boss saying I'm eligible).

They also said I "called and cussed out a bunch of people at the store" on the phone this weekend? :wtc:

Guess it's time to cut down on posting personal info on SA. :smith:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Nov 7, 2017

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

poo poo. Is someone trying to sabotage your job hunt?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Left is a modern Mini of some description.

ugh i think you're right

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

cakesmith handyman posted:

poo poo. Is someone trying to sabotage your job hunt?

I don't know what the hell is going on, but the HR person that just called me told me she was one of the people I had cussed out.

I'm not an aggressive person at all, and that's not something I would do no matter how angry I was. I still have an email from my old boss saying I am eligible for rehire, so this is completely out of left field for me.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I watched both seasons of Stranger Things over the past few weeks and it's legit good, probably the best series I've seen since Breaking Bad.

I started watching season 1 after the initial hype had died out. I was very engaged and loved the first few episodes but for some reason never finished the season. On Sunday I started watching it where I left off and I have been loving it! I am only done with two episodes of season 2 but it looks promising so far.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

I don't know what the hell is going on, but the HR person that just called me told me she was one of the people I had cussed out.

I'm not an aggressive person at all, and that's not something I would do no matter how angry I was. I still have an email from my old boss saying I am eligible for rehire, so this is completely out of left field for me.
How unintelligent do you have to be to just take at face value that someone you want to hire would do that, and then know gently caress-all about it when you contacted them?

Of course it's someone loving with them. Jesus.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

So much for Whole Foods. I thought I had left on good terms when I left in 2010; they just called and said I had been marked not for rehire (I still have the email from my old boss saying I'm eligible).

They also said I "called and cussed out a bunch of people at the store" on the phone this weekend? :wtc:

wow what the gently caress

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

The hosed up part about all this is I actively avoid trying to use the phone - my hearing is just hosed enough that I have to ask people to repeat themselves constantly, or use speakerphone cranked way up. Why would I call someone and actively try to sabotage my own employment?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Worth contacting corporate and pulling the gay card? I assume Whole Foods aim for a somewhat touchy-feely corporate image, and being seen to blithely go along with someone loving you out of a job because reasons might not be what they're looking to be seen to be about.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Go to their corporate about it? That's a load of crap. I really hope you can get it sorted out man.

Any chance its your old roomate loving with you?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I don't think it's my old roommate. He and I don't talk at all anymore, and I hadn't told any mutual friends I was going back.

Guess it's time to lock down Facebook a bit (I keep everything friends-only anyway, but..) and limit personal details that get posted on SA.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

How do you even counter something like that?
What, did you just call up, say "I'm STR, and gently caress you"? Do they have caller ID records? They just trust that the caller was you? Does that make ANY sense to them that you would do such a thing while trying to get hired?

e: f,b:

InitialDave posted:

How unintelligent do you have to be to just take at face value that someone you want to hire would do that, and then know gently caress-all about it when you contacted them?

Of course it's someone loving with them. Jesus.

You put it better than I did.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

They backed it up with the "your old store marked you ineligible for rehire" line, which was even more out of left field (and cuts off any chance of disputing what they said). I'll admit I was going through a rough time when I left, but my dept manager told me he'd make sure I was eligible for rehire. :smith:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Nov 7, 2017

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

drat that's hosed up about the phone call. I was about to say, "probably someone you know on fb who told your roommate or other person", but I forgot you guys have the AI fb page so it potentially could be an AI poster.

That's stupid, I hate people.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
What in the hell man. That's awful. I realized a few years ago I have to be super careful what I post. Especially with the contracts/jobs I've had.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

angryrobots posted:

drat that's hosed up about the phone call. I was about to say, "probably someone you know on fb who told your roommate or other person", but I forgot you guys have the AI fb page so it potentially could be an AI poster.

social media was a mistake

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Nov 7, 2017

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

angryrobots posted:

I didn't post about it on the AI page (there's a shitload of people on there who aren't even part of SA anyway), only my own personal FB page (which is also set to friends only). Old roommates are blocked, but yeah, there's a couple of mutual friends.

I'm in the process of cleaning out my friends list on FB. I'm hoping it wasn't a lurker here :ohdear: but my real name isn't that hard to find in my post history. No clue who it was really, but whoever did it napalmed that bridge into oblivion. Now I'm thinking I can't even use the Whole on my resume anymore.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

They backed it up with the "your old store marked you ineligible for rehire" line, which was even more out of left field (and cuts off any chance of disputing what they said). I'll admit I was going through a rough time when I left, but my dept manager told me he'd make sure I was eligible for rehire. :smith:

Could you find your old manager and get him to confirm this?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Last I heard, he didn't work for the company anymore. I still have the email from him confirming I was eligible for rehire, but I don't think that'll do much good at this point.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Last I heard, he didn't work for the company anymore. I still have the email from him confirming I was eligible for rehire, but I don't think that'll do much good at this point.

If you want to pursue this and you don't mind playing the card - you could call HR and tell them that you are concerned about the hate call that was done to stop you working there and that you worry it is related to your sexual orientation and could they tell you more about it.

Then, in the conversation you mention that you have written proof that you are eligible for rehire.

Any HR drone who has been on a course in the last 10 years really should pause at this point.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

spog posted:

Any HR drone who has been on a course in the last 10 years really should pause at this point.

They will definitely pause, to check the time and realize it's only an hour and a half to lunch.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Anyone have a ozone generator recommendation? I have been meaning to buy one for a while and finally have a reason to.

*edit* who needs an expensive cat condo when you just have a bunch of packing paper from amazon orders....

slurry_curry fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Nov 7, 2017

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

They will definitely pause, to check the time and realize it's only an hour and a half to lunch.

^^^ Pretty much.

One of my old managers from Whole Foods (he doesn't work there anymore either) had commented on my Facebook post about getting rehired last week... I sent him a message telling him what happened, he fired back with seeing if he can get me an interview with the place he's at now (catering), and he's opening a restaurant of his own next year. I knew him long before Whole Foods though; I think I met him in 1998 at another job, drifted apart, then ran into each other again when I got hired (the first time) at WF. We've stayed in touch since then.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Nov 7, 2017

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

^^^ Pretty much.

One of my old managers from Whole Foods (he doesn't work there anymore either) had commented on my Facebook post about getting rehired last week... I sent him a message telling him what happened, he fired back with seeing if he can get me an interview with the place he's at now (catering), and he's opening a restaurant of his own next year. I knew him long before Whole Foods though; I think I met him in 1998 at another job, drifted apart, then ran into each other again when I got hired (the first time) at WF. We've stayed in touch since then.

That'd be awesome if you could parlay that lovely goony experience into something productive!

slurry_curry posted:

Anyone have a ozone generator recommendation? I have been meaning to buy one for a while and finally have a reason to.

On the ozone generator front, I bought this a couple years ago for $50: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007GS5L08

For some reason, they don't sell on Amazon anymore, you can buy the same thing here: https://www.foreverozone.com/online-store/Foreverozone-10-000-mg-h-Solid-State-Ozone-Generator-p83457972

It's a sketchy homemade thing with Chinesium panels, but works great. Smelly cars are done with one or two 30-minute treatments. I'm driving a car that was HARD CORE smoked in (brown headliner, etc), and there's no trace of odor... it's pretty amazing.

Amazon has this with the same output spec for $32, so maybe it'd work? https://www.amazon.com/ATWFS-Portable-Ceramic-Ozone-Generator/dp/B01M9K97C

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Nov 8, 2017

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

spog posted:

If you want to pursue this and you don't mind playing the card - you could call HR and tell them that you are concerned about the hate call that was done to stop you working there and that you worry it is related to your sexual orientation and could they tell you more about it.

Then, in the conversation you mention that you have written proof that you are eligible for rehire.

It's worth a shot. You may get the one-in-a-hundred HR people that actually care about the "H" in "HR".

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

slurry_curry posted:

*edit* who needs an expensive cat condo when you just have a bunch of packing paper from amazon orders....

i've got if you want to borrow it you are more than welcome to

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005
Mini rant.
Rav4 seems to be leaking from both ends of the crank and it has one day of registration left.

Jeep has been off the road for ages because it failed inspection for various reasons including, but not limited to transmission and rear main oil leaks.

Neither are really a viable option right now and I'm pretty broke. FML.

Niva's running okay except it looks like the transmission output bearing is so bad that the shaft is doing a mechanical rendition of meatspin.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Holy poo poo STR, I just super pissed off over what happened to you. I'm like ready to flip a table.

It was absolutely someone from here, either a lurker or someone just being a cunting oval office.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

General_Failure posted:

Mini rant.
Rav4 seems to be leaking from both ends of the crank and it has one day of registration left.

Jeep has been off the road for ages because it failed inspection for various reasons including, but not limited to transmission and rear main oil leaks.

Neither are really a viable option right now and I'm pretty broke. FML.

Niva's running okay except it looks like the transmission output bearing is so bad that the shaft is doing a mechanical rendition of meatspin.

If vehicles here were taken off the road for leaks, i don't think i'd have had anything to drive since....2009

Hell, even the mack passed the commercial vehicle inspection with remnants of the automatic under-carriage rust-proofing system all over the place.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Rhyno posted:

Holy poo poo STR, I just super pissed off over what happened to you. I'm like ready to flip a table.

It was absolutely someone from here, either a lurker or someone just being a cunting oval office.

I really hope not, what the heck has STR even done to anyone? As far as I know he’s been chill. drat STR I hope things work out.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Coredump posted:

I really hope not, what the heck has STR even done to anyone? As far as I know he’s been chill. drat STR I hope things work out.

The forum is monitored by a group called kiwifarms who like to doxx goons, especially gay and transgender goons

Don’t post identifying information on the internet

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah I've wondered before why STR would give out the info he does, I figured he just liked being personal in our group and that's cool, but at the same time it's kinda risky given the assholes out there that make a hobby out of doxxing people.

Sorry about what happened STR, you don't have to be personal for our sake, most of us know you well enough so there's no reason to be posting any details anymore. Someone is clearly trying to gently caress with your life.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Powershift posted:

If vehicles here were taken off the road for leaks, i don't think i'd have had anything to drive since....2009

Hell, even the mack passed the commercial vehicle inspection with remnants of the automatic under-carriage rust-proofing system all over the place.

Oh they do here. Hell, where the Niva was concerned they also got me for bad U joints (barely visible play when grabbing and twisting on one, and the other tucked up above at the transmission output shaft was a bit stiff. Needed to replace them. Freeplay in the idler arm, steering box and a wheel bearing. Those were fixed by a slight tweak but still. C'mon. At least I didn't get into any arguments about freeplay in the seat backrests this year. I mean that's because I went to another place because of that reason.

^^^How did I not see what happened to STR? That's disgusting. Childish bullshit.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Someone tried to gently caress with my life last year based on a rant I went on in here. So it does happen.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I'm still trying to figure out why they're saying I was marked not for rehire by my old store. I was on shaky ground when I left (attendance issues), but I did leave on good terms (so I thought, so did everyone else I've talked to at my old store that I've stayed in touch with). I'm more upset about that than anything else, really.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Nov 8, 2017

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Did you give 2 weeks notice?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Unfortunately no, but the store manager and my manager said given the circumstances, it wouldn't be a problem and that I'd still be eligible for rehire.

I followed up a few months later and my former manager said I was eligible for rehire still. I'd run into him a year or so later at the store when I was shopping and he'd said I was welcome to come back. The separation paperwork also showed I was eligible for rehire. So I don't know what changed on that front.

Anyway, I'm done talking about it. There was obviously no defending myself with them, and I've had other offers come up. It sucks, but gotta move on.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Nov 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Rhyno posted:

Someone tried to gently caress with my life last year based on a rant I went on in here. So it does happen.

If you post shirtless pics, I'm gonna gently caress with your life goddammit.

• Locked thread