Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

interestingly northam is running AHEAD of fairfax

It's going to turn out in post-mortem analysis that Northam's racist crap actually HELPED him or some poo poo isn't it? I mean, it is Virginia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

I guess there are still those idiots out there that really love to split their ticket.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
I don't think the oven thing is working? I'll give it like ten more minutes and then go back to video games

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Flip Yr Wig posted:

I guess there are still those idiots out there that really love to split their ticket.

Or undervote

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It's going to turn out in post-mortem analysis that Northam's racist crap actually HELPED him or some poo poo isn't it? I mean, it is Virginia.

If that's the case it's probably not the actual racist implications but the nice words for bipartisanship. Virginians love that poo poo in a campaign.

Also if he outperforms, it'll be thanks to late deciders, and that could be because of anything.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

axeil posted:

Harry Enten 7:19 PM

It’s very early, but I’m looking at three counties where Trump did well and have some very early results. If we use the 2016 presidential election as a baseline, Northam is doing well enough in those three counties to win statewide. But let’s wait for more results
These "very early results" that we "shouldn't draw any conclusions from" have been remarkably good at predicting the outcome for the last several elections I've followed. So... good news? :)

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

no, it turns out that racist shitbags in south west virginia who can't stomach trump still don't want to vote for a black person

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
https://twitter.com/VotingGuy/status/928056241200517125

Gillespie needs to be up 14-17 here. Good news.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

This isn't surprising, if more people are concerned with governor than LG.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
LG is a loving useless have-a-pulse job that's basically just a pre-primary for next time. Give fucks about AG once you're done with Gov.

gently caress that pretend John Adams.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
If he beats Hillary's margin that is a good sign for 18.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

The doom needle has started moving.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/928056940718063617

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

canepazzo posted:

The doom needle has started moving.

seems broken. it keeps going left

B B
Dec 1, 2005

Current House of delegates breakdown:

Dems: 23
Reps: 10

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I hope Northam wins on the back of youth voters because that'd scare the poo poo out of boomers and I want them to be afraid.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Doom needle...what are you doing!???

B B posted:

Current House of delegates breakdown:

Dems: 23
Reps: 10

https://www.vpap.org/electionresults/house/

for results that are pretty easy to read.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol if you're not watching Steve Kornacki :derp: around.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

The fact that Gillespie is only leading by like 3-4% so early is very good for Northam.

Also shut up Chris Matthews, we have southern accents in blue Richmond and Hampton Roads and the Eastern Shore too. Ralph Northam is from the Eastern Shore, his accent is classic Tidewater.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

lol if you're not watching Steve Kornacki :derp: around.

He's still got his top button done and his tie tightened. He's not full-Kornacki just yet.

But bless that man he loves his magic board.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/928057689413947393

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

axeil posted:

Doom needle...what are you doing!???

https://www.vpap.org/electionresults/house/

for results that are pretty easy to read.

Turn left doom needle...noooo

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Youth Decay posted:

The fact that Gillespie is only leading by like 3-4% so early is very good for Northam.

Also shut up Chris Matthews, we have southern accents in blue Richmond and Hampton Roads and the Eastern Shore too. Ralph Northam is from the Eastern Shore, his accent is classic Tidewater.

The tidewater accent is a really interesting thing. It's basically all that remains of the old aristocratic planter speak, though it's got some Baltimore mixed in since the Chesapeake Bay communities were more closely tied to each other than to inland locales pre modern transportation.

Also everyone knows to a local it's NAW-gently caress. :colbert:

B B
Dec 1, 2005

Danica Roem is currently winning 58 - 42, with 35% of the vote in.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Seth Masket 7:36 PM

The votes in Chesterfield County, Virginia, appear to be just about complete. Gillespie is ahead by 1 point there. Trump beat Clinton by 2 points there last year. This is just one location, but suggesting a slight D shift from last year.

Gillespie needed to win by 7-10 there. :stare:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://www.vpap.org/electionresults/election-8815/map/

Danica is leading 53-46

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
https://twitter.com/geoffreyvs/status/928057992255328256?s=17
https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/928057423109255168?s=17

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
*same voice as the stern x wing pilot from end of ep 4 a new hope* Stay on target.....stay on target...

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

beaten

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Roem's up on Marshall by seven with 10% precincts reporting, too

Edit: ah gently caress

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

Quorum posted:

The tidewater accent is a really interesting thing. It's basically all that remains of the old aristocratic planter speak, though it's got some Baltimore mixed in since the Chesapeake Bay communities were more closely tied to each other than to inland locales pre modern transportation.

Richmond has a distinct accent too, it's rare to find it these days, only really see it among older white people who grew up in the city.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Voted at 6:30 this morning then spent 10 hours at work trapped with three Republican co-workers who only talked about how awesome guns are, how evil and corrupt Hillary Clinton is, and how good the Dallas Cowboys are, so I'm assuming there is no good in the universe and we might as well give up

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

axeil posted:

Seth Masket 7:36 PM

The votes in Chesterfield County, Virginia, appear to be just about complete. Gillespie is ahead by 1 point there. Trump beat Clinton by 2 points there last year. This is just one location, but suggesting a slight D shift from last year.

Gillespie needed to win by 7-10 there. :stare:

Good.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Quorum posted:

Some of us just sound like we're from loving nowhere because everyone around us is in the military and from somewhere else.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

B B posted:

Danica Roem is currently winning 58 - 42, with 35% of the vote in.

:stare:

This is Cool and Good

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Governor T-mac is on CNN!

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
optimistic but also hope is a lie

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

If Gillipsie loses, how the hell is Breitbart,The Donald, Donald Trump going to spin it?

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Quorum posted:

Norfolk U's slogan: we don't drink nor smoke - Norfolk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

If Gillipsie loses, how the hell is Breitbart,The Donald, Donald Trump going to spin it?

Rigged machines

• Locked thread