Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

yeah he was a mcd’s fiend, now hes vegan

Can someone post the Phil Hartman SNL sketch about that?

"Warlords"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Clinton was known for sneaking out of the White House for fast food, wasn't he?

I'll never miss an opportunity to post this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYt0khR_ej0

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
If I were to run for President one of the main reasons would be to bang my wife in every room of the White House.

I feel like in 2017 that’s a more noble platform to run on than what we’re currently working with.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

the resolute desk has seen more strange than harvey weinstein

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Why even run if you're not having an orgy in the situation room the week after inauguration.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Vasudus posted:

I had a professor that got to meet Bush 41 for some scholastic event or whatever in the oval office and he was apparently "so stoned out of my gourd I worried that I might be the first person to OD on THC" and he shows the picture and sure as poo poo his eyes are like solid red just about and he has the most clueless look on his face.

Bush 41 was stoned? Because now I'm picturing him taking bong rips while watching airstrike footage in the Situation Room.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
President Cole spackling faces in the white house

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

BigDave posted:

Bush 41 was stoned? Because now I'm picturing him taking bong rips while watching airstrike footage in the Situation Room.

no no no, my professor was stoned as a highschooler when he went there

like he smoked all the wheed in the world right before getting into the whitehouse

bush 41 in the pic was just doing the presidential thing and didn't appear to notice

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Vasudus posted:

no no no, my professor was stoned as a highschooler when he went there

like he smoked all the wheed in the world right before getting into the whitehouse

bush 41 in the pic was just doing the presidential thing and didn't appear to notice

He had teenage daughters that partied in college, I like to think he noticed and probably thought it was funny. Just my imagination though.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

That Works posted:

He had teenage daughters that partied in college, I like to think he noticed and probably thought it was funny. Just my imagination though.

that would be bush 43

this was in 1990 with old david cop-a-feel

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Vasudus posted:

that would be bush 43

this was in 1990 with old david cop-a-feel

Oh poo poo, whoops. Well, he had a son that did a lot of coke in college so...

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

So the Texas shooter loving busted out of a mental institution in 2012 after threatening to kill his superiors and smuggling guns onto the base and somehow this minor little tidbit never found its way into NICS.

quote:

NEW BRAUNFELS, Tex. — The gunman who opened fire in a church outside San Antonio, killing at least 26 people, escaped from a mental health facility in 2012 after he was caught sneaking guns onto an Air Force base and “attempting to carry out death threats” made against military superiors, according to a police report.

:stonk: what the gently caress

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The moral of the story here is gently caress the Air Force

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Senator Bob Menendez (D-NJ) is currently on trial for corruption, the case is currently at the jury. Democrats want him to step down, if convicted, but only after a new, likely Democrat governor wins today. The governor appoints the replacement senator in the NJ system. So what is the jury currently discussing in deliberations right now?

https://twitter.com/AdamWollner/status/928020002552336384

Things are going well.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
In patient mental institutions vary from "high security lockdown" to "we don't lock the doors", so I would wait for more details on that.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Lmao the perfect juror.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
idiocracy was a documentary

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gobbeldygook posted:

In patient mental institutions vary from "high security lockdown" to "we don't lock the doors", so I would wait for more details on that.

Yeah, but it's even more of a "Jesus Christ why wasn't this guy in NICS?"

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Oh so now we’re going to take away someone’s guns just because they escaped from a mental facility and was called a “threat to himself and others?” Toot toot, it’s the liberalism train, rolling out of control to take away YOUR freedoms

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

Senator Bob Menendez (D-NJ) is currently on trial for corruption, the case is currently at the jury. Democrats want him to step down, if convicted, but only after a new, likely Democrat governor wins today. The governor appoints the replacement senator in the NJ system. So what is the jury currently discussing in deliberations right now?

https://twitter.com/AdamWollner/status/928020002552336384

Things are going well.

jaden smith is old enough for jury duty i guess

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
"This guy shouldn't have even been in the military, How did he pass meps? If he was this nuts??"

asks a vet on Facebook.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Ask him how he passed MEPS as a blind and deaf person.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Proud Christian Mom posted:

"This guy shouldn't have even been in the military, How did he pass meps? If he was this nuts??"

asks a vet on Facebook.

2008-2014 was a wierd slump of time where the military just NEEDED bodies. Coincides with a broke brain wierdo getting in with the surge and getting kicked out when sequestration was putting the squeeze on a bunch of career fields.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
More like '06-'10.

Once we started kicking fatties out and were moving poo poo out of Iraq, the surge recruiters actually had to start working.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

im very happy i was out of iraq before the surge, because it seemed like everyone was getting waivers when i enlisted in 2002

i didn’t know what else there was to waive at that point

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
poo poo weather *may* have just prevented a war.

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/928051231943282688

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I upset some Vets on fb by pointing out that Bergdahl was a symptom, not the disease, and the real people that should be punished were the people the recruited him, let him in, and didn't pick up the fact that he was a delusional kid with mental health issues.
The surge was hosed, yo.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

im very happy i was out of iraq before the surge, because it seemed like everyone was getting waivers when i enlisted in 2002

i didn’t know what else there was to waive at that point

I didn't get a waiver, but was about 30 pounds overweight when I joined in '02. My brother had to get a waiver to join in '03, because he's as sharp as a bowling ball (asvab waiver).

I had guys roll into my units that had falsified HS records, unreported misdemeanors, and all varieties of shady poo poo from '04 until I got out in '06. gently caress. That. Noise.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

realtalk whats to stop a nork from doming trump across the dmz if he went there

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

One of my buddies in my motorcycle club here is a Canadian in charge of the UN security detail up there, between this and Mattis' visit earlier dude seems to be getting more and more grey every time I see him.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I didn't get a waiver, but was about 30 pounds overweight when I joined in '02. My brother had to get a waiver to join in '03, because he's as sharp as a bowling ball (asvab waiver).

I had guys roll into my units that had falsified HS records, unreported misdemeanors, and all varieties of shady poo poo from '04 until I got out in '06. gently caress. That. Noise.

height, past medical/legal history, and asvab waivers were all the rage when i went for my initial physical

i went through basic with a 4’8” girl. she had a size 1 boot.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
https://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/virginia-governor-election-gillespie-northam

49.6-49.5 projected results based on first returns. Might be a late night.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

700 vote difference so far.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

https://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/virginia-governor-election-gillespie-northam

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-virginia-governors-race-might-not-be-predictive-but-it-could-really-matter/

quote:

One last thing to remember: The heavily Democratic Washington suburbs tend to report their results later than the rest of the state. So just because Gillespie has an early lead, it doesn’t mean he’s going to win. Trump led very late into the evening on Election Day 2016 before losing the state by 5 points.

Let's wait and see.

e: compare the NYT map to this map of the 2016 results. So far Northam is massively outperforming Clinton in the counties that are reporting, and she took Virginia.

Eugene V. Dubstep fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Nov 8, 2017

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

height, past medical/legal history, and asvab waivers were all the rage when i went for my initial physical

i went through basic with a 4’8” girl. she had a size 1 boot.

Yeah, I saw one that tall at boot. Smokin' loving hot miniature sailor.

I remember the first thing out of my mouth when I met her was "Isn't there a height requirement". She responded with a hella elfy little "Waiver!".

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

with 5% reporting

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

The shift from 2106 option on the map is very, very blue. I would look at that until about 50% of the vote is in

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

NoVa's turnout is apparently higher than 2013, and Northam's doing better with rural whites:

https://twitter.com/FenitN/status/928029374850445313

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/928054411217252352

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

realtalk whats to stop a nork from doming trump across the dmz if he went there

We're none of us that lucky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005