Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

even if turnout in heavily d areas is very low, gillispie is rapidly running out of areas to run the numbers up. and we have enough info to know turnout in those areas wasnt THAT low.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Endorph posted:

even if turnout in heavily d areas is very low, gillispie is rapidly running out of areas to run the numbers up. and we have enough info to know turnout in those areas wasnt THAT low.

Running out? They’re being counted, it’s over

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

axeil posted:

Where have you gone VA House of Delegates, D&D turns its lonely eyes to you

woo woo woo

Roem is up 53-46 with 85% in. I think that might be it!

YEsss lets make this happen.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Women seem to be coming to the conclusion that Republicans do not like them.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/928060872869732352

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Fancy, what forums upgrade do you want because you got one on me. Just pm me.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

At work till 11 tonight. I still have The Fear. I have tasted hope before, is... is it happening again?

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Gyges posted:

Man, you're in for sainthood if you haven't killed those monsters within a week.

Even the devil knows to look down on the Cowboys.

Cowboys fandom is its own punishment. I just asked about how they feel about the upcoming Eagles game and the room mood changed.

BTW: much praise to Your Boy Fancy. My wife was canvassing out here in Loudoun and I was babysitting or I would've volunteered. Also, I'm a lazy socially anxious coward.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Now I just need final confirmation that I'll have a state senate that doesn't suck rear end and I will be very happy

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Guys I can't keep optimism in the basement anymore, it's gonna BREAK DOWN THE DOO--

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

That's a minimum 7 seat swing right there. Holy poo poo.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Running out? They’re being counted, it’s over
there's a few red places like stafford and hanover that aren't in yet going by the nytimes tracker, but yeah

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Northam is up to 7.4 on the Doom Meter :stare:

EDIT: 7.8

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Oh my god.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Feeling my "a significant % of Trump votes from Republicans were protest votes" theory getting some fresh evidence.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Pour one out for all the massacred takes about What Northam's Loss Says About Dems.

And if the margin really does creep up to something ridiculous, primary season is going to be hell on incumbent Rs

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

NOT TODAY DOOM METER! NOT TODAY!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/SteveKornacki/status/928050931165429760?s=17

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm assuming a big special election year for democrats will make at least a few republicans in the senate scramble to distance themselves from trump any way they can, so drive that margin sky high

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/928062707592585216?s=17

Get loving in

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The GOP is going to panic over this. Their strategy to go full racist may have completely backfired. But the thing is they have no other strategy. Racism is all they have and the electorate is getting less racist every year,

The GOP is hosed going forward. There will be losses and setbacks for the Good Guys but they are hosed long term.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TheScott2K posted:

Feeling my "a significant % of Trump votes from Republicans were protest votes" theory getting some fresh evidence.

I think also, Trump was actually believable as an outsider candidate. Gillispie is an establishment politician that tried to copy Trump's playbook, and apparently any old white dude can't just copy that and expect it to work.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

axeil posted:

NOT TODAY DOOM METER! NOT TODAY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

suburban whites trash, news at 11

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

:getin:

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

axeil posted:

Click on "contested" if you really want to get your hopes up

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The GOP is going to panic over this. Their strategy to go full racist may have completely backfired. But the thing is they have no other strategy. Racism is all they have and the electorate is getting less racist every year,

The GOP is hosed going forward. There will be losses and setbacks but they are hosed long term.

They'll rebuild with a different coalition, but it could potentially take a while yeah

there was only one democratic president between Ford and Reagan

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Breitbart is blaming weather

not joking

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I get the feeling McAuliffe's mass felon-enfranchisement may have paid some dividends today.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Can we start using the word "bloodbath" yet?

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

not joking

Good. Let 'em think that's what went wrong.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

axeil posted:

This also illustrates the downside of Gerrymandering. If you’re so unpopular that you get a 8-10% swing against you, you lose a poo poo ton of seats.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

not joking

To be fair, we were seriously worrying about the weather too

Its a legit concern due to awful voting system

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

not joking

lol, I figured they would do that or "Hey, maybe Russia really is hacking our elections!"

Hope is a lie though, as nice as it looks, I'm waiting till one of the big three networks calls it.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Oxxidation posted:

I get the feeling McAuliffe's mass felon-enfranchisement may have paid some dividends today.

Or, y'know, Gillespie being a race-baiting fuckhead.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Oxxidation posted:

Every Democratic governor should do this.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

They'll rebuild with a different coalition, but it could potentially take a while yeah

there was only one democratic president between Ford and Reagan

The Southern Strategy is dying. And they;ve spent the last 12 years making GBS threads on Latinos so much that they've probably lost that entire growing demographic for a generation or more.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

holy poo poo

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

If Gillipsie loses, how the hell is Breitbart,The Donald, Donald Trump going to spin it?

Texas false flag operation to demonize white christian gun owners as evil threw off the election.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

absolutely. I imagine that'll be one of the things the GOP tries to get ahead of in other states following this.

• Locked thread